ianskman

Mar 12, 2021
Thanks again, I put it in the modules folder now, but from what I understand it doesn't work that way for that specific mod and I should unpack the files from the Ravenger folder directly into the Modules folder & just override what the mod wants to override?

Definitely gonna take a look at the game as it is before overwriting stuff, though, haven't really done that so far. (y)
Dont you just copy the Ravenger folder into the Modules folder and the enable via the Mod screen in lifeplay? Ravengers Mod doesn't need to overwrite anything when enabled from within lifeplay.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Dont you just copy the Ravenger folder into the Modules folder and the enable via the Mod screen in lifeplay? Ravengers Mod doesn't need to overwrite anything when enabled from within lifeplay.
Oh, I see, I gonna give that a try then before overwriting stuff (and having to download everything again). Thank you!

ianskman

Mar 12, 2021
Does anyone know how to edit the maps?Bath has no hospital or uni? Also in the age groups in Vin Base/Presets /age groups ,How would I go about adding some variation to NPC height when they are generated ,I know it can be done in game but I would for immersion reasons not have to make edits to contacts. that way we could have women and men with a slight difference.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019
More Modding question: is there a way for me to make/get a specific person who works at a particular place (not your own business, if I assign business somehow my poly's mvoes there as employees)? GetPersonHere() may get guests and I don't seem to be able to find in Docs anything to assign people's place of work (and then I have to figure out assigning work at current location if available)

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
More Modding question: is there a way for me to make/get a specific person who works at a particular place (not your own business, if I assign business somehow my poly's mvoes there as employees)? GetPersonHere() may get guests and I don't seem to be able to find in Docs anything to assign people's place of work (and then I have to figure out assigning work at current location if available)
There isn't any documents for your problem. Because only the AI distributes the npcs 1. current location, 2. work location, 3. and where's living (home). (And the ai will fill nearby places with permanent npcs. It happens too when you visit far places at first time).
If you take the ownership of a business after that you can hire contacts to work there (fixing they 'work' loc), so that npc workplace changing to your business (addEmployee(Salary) cmd will do anything) until you fire them and the AI begin redistribute to elsewhere (same way if you reset the npc's location in the contacts, that's what is undocumented).
The "GetPersonHere()" is working without optional bool (true/false for the permanent/temp npcs) and the only really usable purpose is to count the ai distributed npc number at the current location. If you read through the command description in the Mods folder, you can find this in the example.

But if it work:
workerworkloc = worker.getBuilding(work)

...then maybe this one too (it's a fiction):
currentloc = Player.getBuilding(current)
"DEBUG: currentloc value is <currentloc>"
Actor.setBuilding(work, currentloc)
or Actor.setActorVar(work, currentloc)

Last edited:

ianskman

Mar 12, 2021
gowaypest.jpg
over and over in a loop ..ive had no interaction with the name,this loop blocks all pregs from giving birth that are in contacts ,290 day pregs and over as a result..update had a 790 day pregnancy when the game was tripping on me.. would have had to call it elephantplay

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019
There isn't any documents for your problem. Because only the AI distributes the npcs 1. current location, 2. work location, 3. and where's living (home). (And the ai will fill nearby places with permanent npcs. It happens too when you visit far places at first time).
If you take the ownership of a business after that you can hire contacts to work there (fixing they 'work' loc), so that npc workplace changing to your business (addEmployee(Salary) cmd will do anything) until you fire them and the AI begin redistribute to elsewhere (same way if you reset the npc's location in the contacts, that's what is undocumented).
The "GetPersonHere()" is working without optional bool (true/false for the permanent/temp npcs) and the only really usable purpose is to count the ai distributed npc number at the current location. If you read through the command description in the Mods folder, you can find this in the example.

But if it work:
workerworkloc = worker.getBuilding(work)

...then maybe this one too (it's a fiction):
currentloc = Player.getBuilding(current)
"DEBUG: currentloc value is <currentloc>"
Actor.setBuilding(work, currentloc)
or Actor.setActorVar(work, currentloc)
Ah, Actor.setBuilding(work, currentloc) should be what I am looking for. It isn't in the Docs though so I will need to make test runs to see if it works :/

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Ah, Actor.setBuilding(work, currentloc) should be what I am looking for. It isn't in the Docs though so I will need to make test runs to see if it works :/
On second thought that cmd won't work.
The game changing player work location with 'moveJobs()', the home location with the 'moveHome()' command.
Also the AI use moving npcs with the 'Actor.setCurrentLocation(BuildingVariable)' (this is documented in the Docs folder, and you can see it in the lpai files).
This should work for you if you call in the desired npc with getPerson() or getSpecific() (or if you interact the getTarget()) command and you can try assign the current location to be that actor workplace ( Actor.setCurrentLocation(work)).
So two things can happen: Actor will be a worker at the current location, or actor went to his/her current work location elsewhere. Sadly I hasn't find any different command either in the AI files too, and there isn't any trace how the ai assign these variables and values.

ianskman

Mar 12, 2021
And is this from the original scene? You should try accompany with that npc and run in console the 'force_birth' scene.
It doesn't let me leave the room,when I click go to hospital option it reloads the same location over and over ,If i exit the game completely and continue then it lets me go to the hospital or decline.then another random name pops up that's giving birth that is also not on contacts.I then have to exit game every time.I cured the issue by deleting all the children and nearly half my contacts.I think Lifeplay is losing track of pregs names as well,as sometimes after 30 days the npc on my contact is not preg any more.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
It doesn't let me leave the room,when I click go to hospital option it reloads the same location over and over ,If i exit the game completely and continue then it lets me go to the hospital or decline.then another random name pops up that's giving birth that is also not on contacts.I then have to exit game every time.I cured the issue by deleting all the children and nearly half my contacts.I think Lifeplay is losing track of pregs names as well,as sometimes after 30 days the npc on my contact is not preg any more.
Yes, there is a mistype in the 'NPC_gives_birth' scene, what exists in the later updates too (it's shame to be released again).
Ravenger6666 posted a quickfix not far ago. Take that or take my attached file with quickfix and overwrite the old one.

BTW: In similar situations you should try breaking the run of a faulty script with the red 'emergency' button.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianskman
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes