NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
This is my mod list. It was auto sorted by the mod organizer.

View attachment 548282

Ive checked to see if i had the old version in my folder but i don't, so maybe i'm just missing something?
or Ive done something incorrect?

Any help is appreciated.
This is the wrong way round. The mod manager shouldn't do that. Did you resort them? Base gameplay is always on top...

Reactions: brigade29

brigade29

Apr 17, 2019
This is the wrong way round. The mod manager shouldn't do that. Did you resort them? Base gameplay is always on top...
Well i don't know what are you talking about exactly, but see this base gameplay are not on the top and i found them just like that, wait a minute, before the actions in game were placed in a normal postion, and then their positions (placments order) has changed and i don't know why... is this is why ? i should put all the official gamplay modules on the top before the mod modules ?
1581690010344.png

Last edited:

brigade29

Apr 17, 2019
brigade29
This works now(Tested), As I said it's very stripped down and basic, due to the fact I have no wish to start messing with other peoples mods. It actualy worked before, I just made it so it only runs if you dont have a companion, by mistake.
unpack and overwrite the other version.
View attachment 552102
i really i don't know how to thank you, and i really appreciate you time, there is no problem and i know you don't have any wish to mess with others mods, so thank you again ,and i hope it works now like a sharm <3

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
What determines the price they sell for!
Just kidding Yarla. Pregnancy Does not increase the value of a slave. but I guess it should and I could do it!
Value calculation is:
Value = ((100 - Actor:age) * (Actor : obedience) * 2)
So value is 100 minus the age of slave then times that by obediance, the multiply by 2
SalePrice = Random((Value - (Value / 20)), (Value + (Value / 20)))
sale price is then random between 80% and 120% of the value.
I do however have the intention of intergrating it more with BP. Pregnant sex is a fetish I can get into :devilish:

• Love
Reactions: Vima and brigade29

brigade29

Apr 17, 2019
Just kidding Yarla. Pregnancy Does not increase the value of a slave. but I guess it should and I could do it!
Value calculation is:
Value = ((100 - Actor:age) * (Actor : obedience) * 2)
So value is 100 minus the age of slave then times that by obediance, the multiply by 2
SalePrice = Random((Value - (Value / 20)), (Value + (Value / 20)))
sale price is then random between 80% and 120% of the value.
I do however have the intention of intergrating it more with BP. Pregnant sex is a fetish I can get into :devilish:
ohh boy so there is something else coming out soon ?
Yarla what mod you are using to train slaves and sell them ect ?

Reactions: Yarla

brigade29

Apr 17, 2019
How do you Remove Locations in you Favorites on your Portrait in lower right hand corner of screen. I know how to add them. I just want to know if there are any hot keys for them.
select the location that already in your favorite, then select on favorite again like you are gonna put it in favorite for the first time, then it will be removed from favorite locations list

• Love
Reactions: Yarla

Hayran

Dec 4, 2018
The unity3d has a mod / plugin script called "auto translate", which translates game texts. Would one be possible on LifePlay a mod like the "auto translate" in (maker in the unreal engine)?

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
I'm really enjoying this release quite too much, just missing a better relatives implementation; I mean, once you're married, get acces to your family alocation menu as when you use the "Create relative" feature, and extend it to in laws. That goes for ones "children" too.

About min age locking, is that really mandatory?, I know the reason behind it, but I find using aging (from child to adult) with locked menus and actions far more subtle... animations are very restrictive with model scaling anyway. But besides that... they are just pixels ffs!!! ;)

Concerning pets, It would be nice for a male char to mate with a fem dog. Just saying.

Finally, I hope vamps featured gameplay to be implemented soon. I know for now is just something aesthetic, and that brings me to the char gen menu: allowing the player to move the model position would be great, as far as actual tools to do it are kind of restrictive, also you have to adjust teeth settings blindly, is there a way to have the model open the mouth somehow?

And please, more 4:3 aspect ratio love. :p

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
3Proposal.jpg

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to everyone for your support of the project, whether it's directly financial by pledging on Patreon or more indirectly by helping to promote the game, modding or bug testing. Thanks to your support, I'm glad to say that the first Patreon goal of $500 is finally in sight (we're two-thirds of the way there right now - 15 Feb). That may not sound like a lot compared to some popular Patreon creators, but this first $500 goal is arguably the most important goal for the project to reach as it would mark the day LifePlay officially becomes a part-time JOB for me rather than just a committed hobby, allowing me to dedicate around 30 hours a week (4+ hours each day) consistently to working on the game.
Not only this, this $500 milestone will give the project the financial security and consistent development hours enough for the project scope to be expanded beyond the currently quite simplistic gameplay and NPC behavior. In fact, as soon as the $500 Patreon goal is reached, I will immediately start working on LifePlay 3.0 - the most ambitious overhaul to date, even more so than the character model overhaul last year:

Current Flaws of LifePlay v2.x:
- With the lack of AI, NPCs are currently treated like lottery balls basically! All each NPC does is staying 'dead' as a lpcharacter text file in your Saves folder and waiting for their ID to be called out by the RNG (Random Number Generation) goddess to 'resurrect' them into scenes whenever you take certain actions under certain conditions. They aren't actually 'alive' when they're not in a scene with you: They don't go to work, have a home (even your GF may get assigned a home, but she doesn't really live there!) or go anywhere when you're not around and the RNG doesn't call for their presence.
- Any NPC-NPC relationships(spouses, parent-child, etc) are static and only there because one of the 'introduce' scenes get triggered because of RNG. NPC doesn't have any opinion (rapport, attraction) of each other whatsoever - any breakup or domestic violence scenes are pretty much RNG-based or not a part of a revolving relationship.
- Overall, NPCs are just very shallow - tons of new NPCs are generated through scenes every day but they're all equally forgettable - after all, they have no AI!
- Because NPCs don't 'live' when not in a scene, they never have any physical location on the map so you don't have many options in terms of proactively interacting with NPCs location. A common complaint about the game is that everything seems so passive - you wait for things to trigger a lot, adding tons of buttons to force-trigger scenes isn't a good solution because the fundamental problem is that there are no NPCs around to interact with.
- Only bedrooms have proper 3d space, all other buildings/ location types are represented by 2d background images.
- No animations for daily activites (eating, drinking, working out, etc), only for sex.
- Because of the lack of NPCs in locations and lack of 3d space and animations, all actions have to be represented by a progress bar - watching a progress bar for every action you take isn't very enjoyable gameplay.
- Also, because of these factors, scenes are a bit like in a 2d visual novel - even though the characters are 3d, the camera is static during scenes and the characters aren't even looking at each other when talking, let alone interacting. Relies a lot on text to describe what's going on between the characters (even dramatic moments like fighting), which is a bit of a waste of Unreal Engine's capability and the fully rigged 3d characters
- Also because of the above, the gameplay feels very much like 3 different games constantly 'interrupting' each other: Moving around the map and watching the action progress bar (Game 1, lifesim without daily activity animations), interrupted by scenes telling some story on a 2d background (Game 2, visual novel), then interrupted by a sex scene (Game 3, sex similator / animation slideshow). Not very immersive at all.

What would the "LifePlay 3.0 AI and Interaction Overhaul" include, when the $500 milestone is reached?
- I will need around 5 updates (or 2 months and a half from the day the $500 goal is reached) to add all the new systems and features for the overhaul, as listed below. This is a similar number of updates to the character model overhaul last year, but with the $500 goal achieved, each update will involve a lot more development hours (around 60 dev hours per update, or 300 dev hours for the whole overhaul).
- AI: Add a sophisticated NPC Behavior System to the game. Each and every NPC will now have a home (and they actually live there and can be found there at night! Some NPCs may be roommates / spouses living together), a workplace / university (where you can actually find them during the day) and their favorite places for shopping, dining, socializing etc. They will all have daily schedules that are flexible and make sense (NPCs will explore new places and be moody too, they won't just go to the same shop every day at the same time like how some other Patreon games handle schedules.)
- AI: most importantly, each NPC will be somewhere physically on the map doing something (or simply sleeping at home ...) at any point of gameplay. If you go there, you can find them and interact with them. Go to your local grocery store after work and you may find some of your neighbours there etc
- AI: NPCs will now have rapport and attraction for each other. NPCs in a relationship or in the same family will act like that - couples usually appear together etc. NPC-NPC relationships will develop with more opportunities for drama with a backstory / buildup, rather than just random dramatic scenes out of nowhere.
- Interaction: Bye bye, 2d location backgrounds! The bedroom won't be the only fully 3d location in the game anymore - all other building types will now have at least one preset each of a fully 3d space: shops, gyms, nightclubs, restaurants, stripclubs, you name it ... all in 3d. Whenever you select a location on the map and move there - the camera will now show the actual place in 3d (with other NPCs already there doing different activites) that you can move around (bit like how the current sex camera during bedroom sex scenes work), rather than just the map and the progress bar. The map is only seen when click for it when you want to move elsewhere.
- Interaction: New animations for common daily activities (including animations that involve interacting with furniture like running on a treadmill etc) so you can watch your character actually do things rather than just watching the progress bar.
- Interaction: Not only can you interact with buildings, you can now interact directly with the NPCs you see in that building - this will make the gameplay a lot more proactive and less 'doing unrelated things and wait for RNG to trigger scenes'
- Interaction: Even in passive situations when you're just going about your day and a scene triggers, it's a lot more immersive because you actually see the NPC walking towards you in the 3d space, talk to you while looking at you and use other animations when appropriate (fighting etc) - very smooth transition, scenes aren't 'interrupting' your action anymore, in fact, scenes should feel like part of your experience interacting with locations and NPCs, not something separate and RNG-reliant.
- Interaction: Since there are no more 2d backgrounds, all scenes now have free camera control to look around the 3d space where you can watch you and other characters talking and interacting (perhaps you want to move the camera up and look down and it will look like the Sims with actual dialogues, or if you keep the camera on your character or go into first person, it will look a bit like a proper 3d RPG), which gets rid of the whole 'visual novel' feel and makes the best use of Unreal Engine's capability.
- Interaction: If a scene leads to sex, the transition is also a lot smoother because during normal scenes, you're already in a 3d space with the same camera control as sex scenes. The 'three interrupting games' I mentioned earlier should now feel like one immersive overall experience.
- Modders, don't worry, this won't break any of your mods. Please read this: https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v2-18-vinfamy.11321/post-3039375

Before and After LP 3.0 Overhaul - Examples:
1. Going to the gym and getting hit on
- Current: Click on gym > do cardio > watch the progress bar while still in map view > half way through, a scene triggers and blatantly interrupts the action > scene UI shows up on a 2d gym background > randomly generated guy shows up and starts the chatting up dialogue not even looking at you
- After Overhaul: Click on gym > do cardio > the camera does the zoom-in effect and shows the 3d interior of the gym (already with NPCs working out there) which you can move around > you watch your character running on a treadmill > a scene triggers but it feels immersive because of no sudden camera/ UI switch, a guy who was already working out before walks up to your character and starts chatting up while making eye contact with your character
2. Asking for a cute shopkeeper's number
- Current: Click on shop > pick a random action and grind out until the specific scene triggers - nothing you can do to influence the RNG goddess > a scene finally triggers and interrupts whatever you were doing > generate a new shopkeeper (a different one each time even though it's the same shop! How many staff do this shop have!?)
- After Overhaul: Click on shop > go there > camera zooms into the 3d interior of the shop > that's the cute shopkeeper standing there (she actually works here so it's the same one no matter how many times you visit the shop. Also, some of your neighbours are here too since it's a local shop) > click on her > ask for her number > a scene is force-triggered in the background but it stays immersive because there's no change in camera and UI - your character simply walks towards the shopkeeper and starts the dialogue to ask for her number.
3. Invited to a house party
- Current: You're watching the progress bar with 'Doing cardio' > interrupted by the scene UI > your best friend shows up (with the gym background behind him) and invites you, apparently it's to show a phone call even though neither of you are even holding a phone > you say yes > you're instantly teleported to his house (not really, your character is physically still in the gym for the whole house party scene). Oh wait, isn't it a different house (you can tell because it's using a different bedroom preset) from the last time the same guy invited you to his house party? Yeah, cause all NPCs are homeless so a random place is generated each time the house party scene triggers > You choose to chat up a girl and pick a name from the list of options(although all you see is the girl appears on screen from nowhere, not even looking at you, and the text 'We spend some time talking'.) > She's into you, so you kiss (both of you are kissing air while standing parralel to each other ...)> You choose to fuck > teleported to the bedroom and 3d bedroom sex scene interrupts the visual novel UI.
- After Overhaul: Your character is running on a treadmill in a busy gym > suddenly, he stops the treadmill and picks up the phone from his pocket > a bubble from the phone shows the best friend's face lipsyncing and the invitation dialogues (he doesn't just magically appear in the gym, it's a phone call!) > you say yes > You get a mini-quest objective to go to his home (the same one he's lived in since you first met him) > You switch to map view for a second and click to go there > Camera zooms into his living room, in all its 3d glory > the host and his guests are already there sitting around the table > that girl looks hot, you click on her > chat up > your character moves to the chair next to her and they start talking, making eye contact of course > they kiss (with proper animation) > then they walk away from the living room and into the bedroom where they start having sex. Everything transitions smoothly.

Why is the $500 Patreon goal necessary to start working on this overhaul?
The $500 milestone allows me to guarantee at least 30 hours a week (60 hours each update) to dedicate to the project, which is necessary because this overhaul will expand the project's scope significantly. There's not only the work actually implementing the features and assets required for the overhaul, but also the work to add more code to existing scenes and actions to make use of the new features. Most importantly, the overhaul adds extra work to every scene, action and location type that I will add in the future too. I really need that minimum 30 hours a week to be able to handle a project with such an expanded scope going forward, otherwise it would just be too much for one person to handle as a committed hobby (and not as part-time 30-hour-a-week job that the $500 milestone would make this project become) and everything would just be a buggy mess even if the AI and interaction systems are in place.
The character model overhaul last year was a great improvement, but it didn't expand the project's scope or lead to more work for all future content. It was just 'repainting the house', once done, you get to enjoy the new look right away with little 'maintenance' for the forseeable future. This AI and interaction overhaul would be more like 'turning your house into a smart home', which is not only a big intial effort, but also carries future 'maintenance' costs as well.

I need your help achieving this milestone and making this overhaul a reality!
I firmly believe that this LP 3.0 Overhaul will dramatically improve the game and make it a truly enjoyable and more realistic 3d adult life simulator that makes full use of Unreal Engine's capability. However, in order to reach the $500 milestone necessary for the overhaul, I need your help!
If you're not a patron or are a former patron, please consider pledging on Patreon to support the project if you enjoy the game.
If you're already a patron, please consider increasing your pledge if it's financially sensible for you and if you have been pleased with the progress the project has made in the last year.
Again, my Patreon's 'Charge Upfront' feature is disabled, so you can pledge or increase your pledge right away - you will only actually get charged on the 1st of next month.
As further incentives for pledging / increasing your pledge, check out .
Also, please continue to spread the word about the game to others (via forums, messaging service, social media) whenever appropriate. Even if you're not in a position to support the game financially, someone else who have heard about the game from you might.
Right now (15 Feb), we're about two-thirds of the way to the $500 milestone. As an example, it would only take about 30 new patrons and the average pledge to increase by $0.50 per patron to reach the target. So with your help, I hope this goal can be achieved and this ambitious overhaul for the game can become a reality!
In the meantime, of course I will continue working on the 2.x versions in accordance with the (next version v2.19 for example will add facial expressions for sex scenes, I will post detailed plans for that in a couple of days)
Thank you so much again for your support!

Last edited:

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
About min age locking, is that really mandatory?, I know the reason behind it, but I find using aging (from child to adult) with locked menus and actions far more subtle... animations are very restrictive with model scaling anyway. But besides that... they are just pixels ffs!!! ;)
As an interesting note on this subject, believe it or not but simulated child pornography is legal in the United States per the Supreme Court ruling in (2002). So long as actual real-life minors are not involved in the production process, that means you could have a 16-years old minor character engaged in explicit conduct in either a visual novel or a simulator like this.

However, since LifePlay was developed in Great Britain, I doubt this kind of legality exists there. There is also a question of legality where F95zone is based in (curiously, their official twitter account gives Seychelles, an island in Indian Ocean, as the location...). Even if it is legal where the site is hosted, they are still within their right to restrict this kind of content in any games hosted here; it is a matter of consensus within their administration. Likewise, Vinfamy is within his right to restrict this as well (but see last paragraph below).

Furthermore, because this legality in the United States was a result of the Supreme Court ruling above and due to the nature of the common law system employed in this country, there is no guarantee that if a new law is passed against this kind of pornography, the Supreme Court will not strike it down as unconstitutional and to sustain the ruling made above. This is especially even more true now that the conservatives composes the majority and will continue to for some time in future.

In sum, it is the safe bet to leave the default minimum age locking at 18 and allow other players to edit it as Vinfamy said above.

Sep 1, 2017
View attachment 553534

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to everyone for your support of the project, whether it's directly financial by pledging on Patreon or more indirectly by helping to promote the game, modding or bug testing. Thanks to your support, I'm glad to say that the first Patreon goal of $500 is finally in sight (we're two-thirds of the way there right now - 15 Feb). That may not sound like a lot compared to some popular Patreon creators, but this first $500 goal is arguably the most important goal for the project to reach as it would mark the day LifePlay officially becomes a part-time JOB for me rather than just a committed hobby, allowing me to dedicate around 30 hours a week (4+ hours each day) consistently to working on the game.
Not only this, this $500 milestone will give the project the financial security and consistent development hours enough for the project scope to be expanded beyond the currently quite simplistic gameplay and NPC behavior. In fact, as soon as the $500 Patreon goal is reached, I will immediately start working on LifePlay 3.0 - the most ambitious overhaul to date, even more so than the character model overhaul last year:

- With the lack of AI, NPCs are currently treated like lottery balls basically! All each NPC does is staying 'dead' as a lpcharacter text file in your Saves folder and waiting for their ID to be called out by the RNG (Random Number Generation) goddess to 'resurrect' them into scenes whenever you take certain actions under certain conditions. They aren't actually 'alive' when they're not in a scene with you: They don't go to work, have a home (even your GF may get assigned a home, but she doesn't really live there!) or go anywhere when you're not around and the RNG doesn't call for their presence.
- Any NPC-NPC relationships(spouses, parent-child, etc) are static and only there because one of the 'introduce' scenes get triggered because of RNG. NPC doesn't have any opinion (rapport, attraction) of each other whatsoever - any breakup or domestic violence scenes are pretty much RNG-based or not a part of a revolving relationship.
- Overall, NPCs are just very shallow - tons of new NPCs are generated through scenes every day but they're all equally forgettable - after all, they have no AI!
- Because NPCs don't 'live' when not in a scene, they never have any physical location on the map so you don't have many options in terms of proactively interacting with NPCs location. A common complaint about the game is that everything seems so passive - you wait for things to trigger a lot, adding tons of buttons to force-trigger scenes isn't a good solution because the fundamental problem is that there are no NPCs around to interact with.
- Only bedrooms have proper 3d space, all other buildings/ location types are represented by 2d background images.
- No animations for daily activites (eating, drinking, working out, etc), only for sex.
- Because of the lack of NPCs in locations and lack of 3d space and animations, all actions have to be represented by a progress bar - watching a progress bar for every action you take isn't very enjoyable gameplay.
- Also, because of these factors, scenes are a bit like in a 2d visual novel - even though the characters are 3d, the camera is static during scenes and the characters aren't even looking at each other when talking, let alone interacting. Relies a lot on text to describe what's going on between the characters (even dramatic moments like fighting), which is a bit of a waste of Unreal Engine's capability and the fully rigged 3d characters
- Also because of the above, the gameplay feels very much like 3 different games constantly 'interrupting' each other: Moving around the map and watching the action progress bar (Game 1, lifesim without daily activity animations), interrupted by scenes telling some story on a 2d background (Game 2, visual novel), then interrupted by a sex scene (Game 3, sex similator / animation slideshow). Not very immersive at all.

What would the "LifePlay 3.0 AI and Interaction Overhaul" include, when the $500 milestone is reached?
- I will need around 5 updates (or 2 months and a half from the day the $500 goal is reached) to add all the new systems and features for the overhaul, as listed below. This is a similar number of updates to the character model overhaul last year, but with the $500 goal achieved, each update will involve a lot more development hours (around 60 dev hours per update, or 300 dev hours for the whole overhaul).
- AI: Add a sophisticated NPC Behavior System to the game. Each and every NPC will now have a home (and they actually live there and can be found there at night! Some NPCs may be roommates / spouses living together), a workplace / university (where you can actually find them during the day) and their favorite places for shopping, dining, socializing etc. They will all have daily schedules that are flexible and make sense (NPCs will explore new places and be moody too, they won't just go to the same shop every day at the same time like how some other Patreon games handle schedules.)
- AI: most importantly, each NPC will be somewhere physically on the map doing something (or simply sleeping at home ...) at any point of gameplay. If you go there, you can find them and interact with them. Go to your local grocery store after work and you may find some of your neighbours there etc
- AI: NPCs will now have rapport and attraction for each other. NPCs in a relationship or in the same family will act like that - couples usually appear together etc. NPC-NPC relationships will develop with more opportunities for drama with a backstory / buildup, rather than just random dramatic scenes out of nowhere.
- Interaction: Bye bye, 2d location backgrounds! The bedroom won't be the only fully 3d location in the game anymore - all other building types will now have at least one preset each of a fully 3d space: shops, gyms, nightclubs, restaurants, stripclubs, you name it ... all in 3d. Whenever you select a location on the map and move there - the camera will now show the actual place in 3d (with other NPCs already there doing different activites) that you can move around (bit like how the current sex camera during bedroom sex scenes work), rather than just the map and the progress bar. The map is only seen when click for it when you want to move elsewhere.
- Interaction: New animations for common daily activities (including animations that involve interacting with furniture like running on a treadmill etc) so you can watch your character actually do things rather than just watching the progress bar.
- Interaction: Not only can you interact with buildings, you can now interact directly with the NPCs you see in that building - this will make the gameplay a lot more proactive and less 'doing unrelated things and wait for RNG to trigger scenes'
- Interaction: Even in passive situations when you're just going about your day and a scene triggers, it's a lot more immersive because you actually see the NPC walking towards you in the 3d space, talk to you while looking at you and use other animations when appropriate (fighting etc) - very smooth transition, scenes aren't 'interrupting' your action anymore, in fact, scenes should feel like part of your experience interacting with locations and NPCs, not something separate and RNG-reliant.
- Interaction: Since there are no more 2d backgrounds, all scenes now have free camera control to look around the 3d space where you can watch you and other characters talking and interacting (perhaps you want to move the camera up and look down and it will look like the Sims with actual dialogues, or if you keep the camera on your character or go into first person, it will look a bit like a proper 3d RPG), which gets rid of the whole 'visual novel' feel and makes the best use of Unreal Engine's capability.
- Interaction: If a scene leads to sex, the transition is also a lot smoother because during normal scenes, you're already in a 3d space with the same camera control as sex scenes. The 'three interrupting games' I mentioned earlier should now feel like one immersive overall experience.

- Current: Click on gym > do cardio > watch the progress bar while still in map view > half way through, a scene triggers and blatantly interrupts the action > scene UI shows up on a 2d gym background > randomly generated guy shows up and starts the chatting up dialogue not even looking at you
- After Overhaul: Click on gym > do cardio > the camera does the zoom-in effect and shows the 3d interior of the gym (already with NPCs working out there) which you can move around > you watch your character running on a treadmill > a scene triggers but it feels immersive because of no sudden camera/ UI switch, a guy who was already working out before walks up to your character and starts chatting up while making eye contact with your character
- Current: Click on shop > pick a random action and grind out until the specific scene triggers - nothing you can do to influence the RNG goddess > a scene finally triggers and interrupts whatever you were doing > generate a new shopkeeper (a different one each time even though it's the same shop! How many staff do this shop have!?)
- After Overhaul: Click on shop > go there > camera zooms into the 3d interior of the shop > that's the cute shopkeeper standing there (she actually works here so it's the same one no matter how many times you visit the shop. Also, some of your neighbours are here too since it's a local shop) > click on her > ask for her number > a scene is force-triggered in the background but it stays immersive because there's no change in camera and UI - your character simply walks towards the shopkeeper and starts the dialogue to ask for her number.
- Current: You're watching the progress bar with 'Doing cardio' > interrupted by the scene UI > your best friend shows up (with the gym background behind him) and invites you, apparently it's to show a phone call even though neither of you are even holding a phone > you say yes > you're instantly teleported to his house (not really, your character is physically still in the gym for the whole house party scene). Oh wait, isn't it a different house (you can tell because it's using a different bedroom preset) from the last time the same guy invited you to his house party? Yeah, cause all NPCs are homeless so a random place is generated each time the house party scene triggers > You choose to chat up a girl and pick a name from the list of options(although all you see is the girl appears on screen from nowhere, not even looking at you, and the text 'We spend some time talking'.) > She's into you, so you kiss (both of you are kissing air while standing parralel to each other ...)> You choose to fuck > teleported to the bedroom and 3d bedroom sex scene interrupts the visual novel UI.
- After Overhaul: Your character is running on a treadmill in a busy gym > suddenly, he stops the treadmill and picks up the phone from his pocket > a bubble from the phone shows the best friend's face lipsyncing and the invitation dialogues (he doesn't just magically appear in the gym, it's a phone call!) > you say yes > You get a mini-quest objective to go to his home (the same one he's lived in since you first met him) > You switch to map view for a second and click to go there > Camera zooms into his living room, in all its 3d glory > the host and his guests are already there sitting around the table > that girl looks hot, you click on her > chat up > your character moves to the chair next to her and they start talking, making eye contact of course > they kiss (with proper animation) > then they walk away from the living room and into the bedroom where they start having sex. Everything transitions smoothly.

The $500 milestone allows me to guarantee at least 30 hours a week (60 hours each update) to dedicate to the project, which is necessary because this overhaul will expand the project's scope significantly. There's not only the work actually implementing the features and assets required for the overhaul, but also the work to add more code to existing scenes and actions to make use of the new features. Most importantly, the overhaul adds extra work to every scene, action and location type that I will add in the future too. I really need that minimum 30 hours a week to be able to handle a project with such an expanded scope going forward, otherwise it would just be too much for one person to handle as a committed hobby (and not as part-time 30-hour-a-week job that the $500 milestone would make this project become) and everything would just be a buggy mess even if the AI and interaction systems are in place.
The character model overhaul last year was a great improvement, but it didn't expand the project's scope or lead to more work for all future content. It was just 'repainting the house', once done, you get to enjoy the new look right away with little 'maintenance' for the forseeable future. This AI and interaction overhaul would be more like 'turning your house into a smart home', which is not only a big intial effort, but also carries future 'maintenance' costs as well.

I firmly believe that this LP 3.0 Overhaul will dramatically improve the game and make it a truly enjoyable and more realistic 3d adult life simulator that makes full use of Unreal Engine's capability. However, in order to reach the $500 milestone necessary for the overhaul, I need your help!
If you're not a patron or are a former patron, please consider pledging on Patreon to support the project if you enjoy the game.
If you're already a patron, please consider increasing your pledge if it's financially sensible for you and if you have been pleased with the progress the project has made in the last year.
Again, my Patreon's 'Charge Upfront' feature is disabled, so you can pledge or increase your pledge right away - you will only actually get charged on the 1st of next month.
Also, please continue to spread the word about the game to others (via forums, messaging service, social media) whenever appropriate. Even if you're not in a position to support the game financially, someone else who have heard about the game from you might.
Right now (15 Feb), we're about two-thirds of the way to the $500 milestone. As an example, it would only take about 30 new patrons and the average pledge to increase by $0.50 per patron to reach the target. So with your help, I hope this goal can be achieved and this ambitious overhaul for the game can become a reality!
In the meantime, of course I will continue working on the 2.x versions in accordance with the (next version v2.19 for example will add facial expressions for sex scenes, I will post detailed plans for that in a couple of days)

Y'know, I've been bumming off you and this game since it's beginnings. You've been dedicated and consistent with this game which is pretty damn rare especially in this industry. It's time to pay my dues.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Vinfamy, Read through your goals etc, and can understand where you are coming from and plan to go with this. However it does create somewhat of a problem. Is it now practicle considering the amount of work involved in developing a mod, to make any more? A lot of what you have said seems as though it will require, probabily all mods to be scrapped and rewritten! I am NOT saying for one instance you should consider not doing it, as it is what everyone including myself has been asking for. But do you have any idea what this is going to mean to modding the game, will it still even be possible? I dont suppose it's possible to even guess at a time frame, considering its down to donations it could be 6 weeks, months or years lol. For now I have enough to do with the mods I have on the go, and I will continue with them. But considering anything new is going to require a bit more thought.
On a different note with all the changes you will be making, please also consider the map! I can see the benifits of actual real locations, but it is a gimmic. My first thought was wow lets play on my street, my second though was why is the garden centre around the corner from my house now a brothel? does everyone know something I dont?
If the maps was made more like a game and less reliant on the gimmic, they could be amazing and probabily less costly graphicly than what you are doing now. Yes you would loose one thing but on the reverse you could gain a lot more eg Lifeplay Medieval, Lifeplay Fantasy. Cities, villages, based around 3d tilesets.
Just my input and thoughts :p do what you will with it.

brigade29

Apr 17, 2019
View attachment 553534

One thing i can say or i can do actualy, is good luck for your project and that will be awesome for sure.... and the most important thing we should know, that this game is underrated, and it should be on top for real ! i mean after the LP 3.x Releases and everything work fine then we can say that you made a game better then Sims 4 but a real life RP simulator game.... I'm really amazed, and your missions must be acheaved for sure ! it's a must :)

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Vinfamy, Read through your goals etc, and can understand where you are coming from and plan to go with this. However it does create somewhat of a problem. Is it now practicle considering the amount of work involved in developing a mod, to make any more? A lot of what you have said seems as though it will require, probabily all mods to be scrapped and rewritten! I am NOT saying for one instance you should consider not doing it, as it is what everyone including myself has been asking for. But do you have any idea what this is going to mean to modding the game, will it still even be possible? I dont suppose it's possible to even guess at a time frame, considering its down to donations it could be 6 weeks, months or years lol. For now I have enough to do with the mods I have on the go, and I will continue with them. But considering anything new is going to require a bit more thought.
On a different note with all the changes you will be making, please also consider the map! I can see the benifits of actual real locations, but it is a gimmic. My first thought was wow lets play on my street, my second though was why is the garden centre around the corner from my house now a brothel? does everyone know something I dont?
If the maps was made more like a game and less reliant on the gimmic, they could be amazing and probabily less costly graphicly than what you are doing now. Yes you would loose one thing but on the reverse you could gain a lot more eg Lifeplay Medieval, Lifeplay Fantasy. Cities, villages, based around 3d tilesets.
Just my input and thoughts :p do what you will with it.
Sorry, I should have included something in that wall of text for modders.
Don't worry, it's not going to break any mods at all. For modders, it's just going to be a bunch of new additional API functions. Stuffs like Actor.headTrack(Actor), Actor.moveTo(Actor), playAnimation(), playPairAnimation(), playfurnitureAnimation(), GetOrGeneratePerson() (i.e. pick a suitable NPC in location first, if noone, then generate), Actor:attraction=>Actor and blocks (like Random and endRandom) like SpeechBubble EndSpeechBubble (for phone call and dream sequence etc). If you add them to the lpscene files in your mod, it will look perfect with the new system, but even if you don't change your files at all, it will still work fine code-wise, just look a bit odd here and there.
Put in this way, I have 664 lpscenes in the vanilla game too! I'm not going to do anything that will require them 'scrapped and rewritten', so there's nothing modders have to worry about. It's just going to the case of a few extra lines of script in each lpscene with the new API functions that consider the 3d space and the new non-sex animations. And even those extra lines of script are optional - it won't break the mod if they're not added, just some odd visuals here and there if modders can't find time to add them.
Also, I don't expect any change with lpaction and lpstats at all, lpaction already has an ANIMATION field.

On the map, yeah, I'll try to add custom map at some point, but not a priority right now. Fantasy and medieval is very much my thing personally - they probably would be a separate download, but again, that's for the very long-term future after the core gameplay is 100% done.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 116 Votes