xyzman

Jul 4, 2019
Can I create an event that fires every day at 23:00 and not randomly ?
And if it is possible, how should I do this ?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Can I create an event that fires every day at 23:00 and not randomly ?
And if it is possible, how should I do this ?
There's no way to guarantee an event will trigger. I've tried in the past. There's always an element of randomness for when it triggers.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Am i the only one who thinks that this game is a complete mess?
Tbh I think that's part of its charm. A lot of the mess is a consequence to the ridiculous amount of freedom the game offers. Like nothing's stopping you from having a 50+ daughter family harem. In fact I usually give up on characters because they end up with too many children to keep track of. Pretty much impossible to sustain something like that without making a mess. Like wouldn't someone in the neighborhood notice that all 20 of my kids live at home and are pregnant at the same time and call the news or police or something? Personally I say let's keep the mess, as long as everything mostly works usually.

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
Like wouldn't someone in the neighborhood notice that all 20 of my kids live at home and are pregnant at the same time and call the news or police or something?
The thing is you could actually write a scene that checks for this very thing and triggers the cops or some journalist turning up to hound you over it but I guess that's also kind of the problem with the game too. Implementing rules is basically not possible. All you can really do is implement state triggered events and they are all over the place. As an example there's no system in place to determine whether or not an npc wants to have sex with the player character. You just call a function that triggers it. Now, npc have a parameter called "attractiontoplayer" which ostensibly determines whether or not they want to have sex but it's irrelevant. You have to do your own check against the parameter if you want a blocker for sex and you have to do it in every single scene. Okay, but even if you do add that check in every single scene what do the values mean? I've seen scenes where attractiontoplayer being 20 is enough to trigger sex and I've seen scenes where attractiontoplayer being 80 is required. What are the rules here? It'd be a godsend to writing scenes if stuff like that was pulled out of the scenes and built into the game's base mechanics. Like how sneaking is handled. Scenes just call a function that pops up that minigame and it returns whether or not the player was successful. There's not dozens of different scenes all checking the sneak parameter and comparing it against some arbitrary inconsistent threshold.

I'm not trying to rain shit on the dev here. What they've achieved can't have been easy. I think I'm only so frustrated because I like what the game seems to be trying to do but it's just not there yet. And I worry a bit about the direction of development. I think writing scenes is bogging things down. And why transition to UE5? Is there any actual benefit to that or is it just "Gotta use the latest and greatest"? Seems like it even UE4 is way overkill for the game.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
424.jpg

Windows (64-bit):
- - - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -

Update Only: (requires v4.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit):
- - - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -

Change Log:
- This is a Kink of the Month update focusing on Doggy (Best ...). For the full change log, check the F95 OP for LifePlay or Docs/Change_Logs.txt inside your game folder
- Also, about half of patrons' commissions for January (all maps + half of the scenes), I'll do the rest (animations + remaining scenes) for the 8 February update

Deserted Mind

Jun 28, 2021
The file double_date_cms.lpscene seems to have a " missing in line 9 and line 134 has a " where a > should be set. Same in voyeur_neighbor_cms.lpscene line 51 and 94; line 130 contains a " where a > should be set. ;)

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Mod Release:

A Vampire's Unlife

Known bugs:
I haven't tried it in game yet but checking out the files it looks like you're using tabs instead of spaces. This is likely causing at least some of the issues since the interpreter can't handle tabs correctly. If you're using Notepad++ you can quickly convert all tabs to spaces in a file by doing Edit -> Blank Operations -> TAB to Space. You can also set it up so that it'll insert spaces for tabs whenever you hit the tab key.

The enthralls_dating, enthralls_parent, and enthralls_spouse scenes are also missing a closing quote on line 49

Last edited:
Reactions: The Grifter

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
I haven't tried it in game yet but checking out the files it looks like you're using tabs instead of spaces. This is likely causing at least some of the issues since the interpreter can't handle tabs correctly. If you're using Notepad++ you can quickly convert all tabs to spaces in a file by doing Edit -> Blank Operations -> TAB to Space. You can also set it up so that it'll insert spaces for tabs whenever you hit the tab key.

The enthralls_dating, enthralls_parent, and enthralls_spouse scenes are also missing a closing quote on line 49
Nope, not using tabs at all, only spaces while coding in Notepad++.
Thanks for catching me missing the closing quotes, missed those, will reupload tomorrow.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Nope, not using tabs at all, only spaces while coding in Notepad++.
You might want to check again because I found a mix of tabs and spaces in the files I downloaded. If you run that TAB to space operation it'll show that there's been changes to the file if any tabs were found. You can also set the visibility of them by doing View -> Show Symbol -> Show White Space and TAB

Reactions: The Grifter

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
Am i the only one who thinks that this game is a complete mess?
Complete mess? In some ways. I wish the focus was more on improving the gameplay itself. It's kind of hard to play this one for long periods of time when generic actions and constant repeated scenes are the only things you can do. At least it's a good place to request a specific sex scenario you have in mind. A good chunk of my suggestions were added in a recent kotm. It's just one guy too

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
it was even more mess b4 also it's in constant flux anything can be subject to change

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
You might want to check again because I found a mix of tabs and spaces in the files I downloaded. If you run that TAB to space operation it'll show that there's been changes to the file if any tabs were found. You can also set the visibility of them by doing View -> Show Symbol -> Show White Space and TAB
Shit, you're right! Dammit, I was so sure I was being carefull... anyway, fixed and re-uploaded. Thank you!

Axel-T-C

Apr 14, 2020
- If the unofficial NC module is also enabled, you may get drugged and kidnapped by a perverted pet owner.
- If the unofficial NC module is also enabled, while hanging out with someone who has a crush on you but already in another relationship, you get invited to a house party. Their SO gets really jealous and takes advantage of your intoxicated state to get their pet to bang you instead to humiliate you. Depending on perversion, this plan may work or the guy / girl who has a crush on you turns out to be into it and becomes even more attracted to you, in which case their SO has no choice but to show that they're as good at it as you.
- Animal option for the reluctant star scene (i.e. drugged and filmed)

how do i get these happening?

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes