Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
so i have 2 problems. 1 i have a GF from a baby trap event and i dont have her contacts so i have limited ablity to talk to her. 2. I bought a business and all poeple i hire become naked after interview
2. This happen when take out a stripclu b or brot hel. The employees of this buildings somewhy cannot dress properly (known bug).

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
that is not it,it also happens at fast food ,uni`s ectra
Okay, I'm find the problem and the solution too.

The AI tries dress up the NPCs to fit the location where they work and lookup in the uniforms.txt file.
The trick is the locations are listed they common calls like fast_food, or bakery, etc.
When you take over a business they registered in game as fast_food:business, bakery:business, etc.
This is where the WHERE parameter doesn't match anymore to the AI lookup and AI dress the general clotches only like the shoes.

In the uniforms.txt file all clothing types separated with an empty line and consist four line.
Pick the fast food for the example:

fast_food
fast_food, ice_cream
Uniform-Waiting-Casual_1_F, Jiwoo-Leather-Sandals_1_F
Backyard-Bbq-T-Shirt_1, Kso-Jeans_1, Bbj-Sneakers_1

The first line is the dressing set callname ( Actor.dress(fast_food) )
The second line is the location type ( WHERE == fast_food ) or same as the first if it's not dedicated to location (like 'wedding')
The third line is the predefined clothing for females, and the fourth is for males.
Within the third and the fourth line can be define more sets for variety with semicolon ( ; )

The solution is adding the owned business type to the second line like this:

fast_food
fast_food, fast_food:business, ice_cream, ice_cream:business
Uniform-Waiting-Casual_1_F, Jiwoo-Leather-Sandals_1_F (; newfemaleclothhere1, newfemaleclothhere2, ...)

Thats it, but I'm did this in the attached uniforms.txt file for all rentable location (only). If you want to use you should overwrite the old one with this.

Cheers!

postscript:
I went my day to figure out how can I dress someone with the .dress() command in scenes regardless of the location (because this isn't documented properly) :D
This way:
Actor.dress(clothforactorgender1, clothforactorgender2, ...clothforactorgenderX)
for example:
FemaleTestActor.dress(FG-TShirt_1_F, City-Limits-Jeans_1_F, Gym-Brat-Shoes_1_F)

Last edited:

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
Okay, I'm find the problem and the solution too.

The AI tries dress up the NPCs to fit the location where they work and lookup in the uniforms.txt file.
The trick is the locations are listed they common calls like fast_food, or bakery, etc.
When you take over a business they registered in game as fast_food:business, bakery:business, etc.
This is where the WHERE parameter doesn't match anymore to the AI lookup and AI dress the general clotches only like the shoes.

In the uniforms.txt file all clothing types separated with an empty line and consist four line.
Pick the fast food for the example:

fast_food
fast_food, ice_cream
Uniform-Waiting-Casual_1_F, Jiwoo-Leather-Sandals_1_F

The first line is the dressing set callname ( Actor.dress(fast_food) )
The second line is the location type ( WHERE == fast_food ) or same as the first if it's not dedicated to location (like 'wedding')
The third line is the predefined clothing for females, and the fourth is for males.
Within the third and the fourth line can be define more sets for variety with semicolon ( ; )

The solution is adding the owned business type to the second line like this:

fast_food
fast_food, fast_food:business, ice_cream, ice_cream:business
Uniform-Waiting-Casual_1_F, Jiwoo-Leather-Sandals_1_F (; newfemaleclothhere1, newfemaleclothhere2, ...)

Thats it, but I'm did this in the attached uniforms.txt file for all rentable location (only). If you want to use you should overwrite the old one with this.

Cheers!

postscript:
I went my day to figure out how can I dress someone with the .dress() command in scenes regardless of the location (because this isn't documented properly) :D
This way:
Actor.dress(clothforactorgender1, clothforactorgender2, ...clothforactorgenderX)
for example:
FemaleTestActor.dress(FG-TShirt_1_F, City-Limits-Jeans_1_F, Gym-Brat-Shoes_1_F)
Thank you ,really appriciate this. i also concour another bug, same with cloths, the last few saves i did, all employes endend up dressed as nurse or doctor,no mathere where i did go,movie theather,bank,even church.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Thank you ,really appriciate this. i also concour another bug, same with cloths, the last few saves i did, all employes endend up dressed as nurse or doctor,no mathere where i did go,movie theather,bank,even church.
Not only doctors or nurses use that dress set:
doctor, hospital, dentist, optician, veterinary, beauty, cosmestics, hairdresser, laundry, chemist, pharmacy
If you take one of the business above the AI still try dress your employee to according they work location I think.
So if you frustrated about it you should try remove that business what you owned from the second line list, or change the uniforms in the third and fourth. Other possibility is if some mod misconfigured, maybe something using the .setNoRedress() command carelessly, maybe location specific bug (like the hotel where sometimes every generated temporary npc pick my characters last name), or maybe caused by a sunflare or a lustful comet. :) I dunno.
But you're right it must be a bug. In game has two exact proffesion exist the Doctor and the Nurse what can be designate with command. Maybe the AI cannot distinguish the doctor from the optician or hairdresser and ignore it. Maybe that's why everyone dressed like the doctor/nurse. And I seen something similar to this. The AI rotates the npcs worklocations time to time, and some of my new colleague dressed up like a nurse too. I think they are worked as same of the list above before the AI assigned to my workplace.

Last edited:

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
Not only doctors or nurses use that dress set:
doctor, hospital, dentist, optician, veterinary, beauty, cosmestics, hairdresser, laundry, chemist, pharmacy
If you take one of the business above the AI still try dress your employee to according they work location I think.
So if you frustrated about it you should try remove that business what you owned from the second line list, or change the uniforms in the third and fourth. Other possibility is if some mod misconfigured, maybe something using the .setNoRedress() command carelessly, maybe location specific bug (like the hotel where sometimes every generated temporary npc pick my characters last name), or maybe caused by a sunflare or a lustful comet. :) I dunno.
But you're right it must be a bug. In game has two exact proffesion exist the Doctor and the Nurse what can be designate with command. Maybe the AI cannot distinguish the doctor from the optician or hairdresser and ignore it. Maybe that's why everyone dressed like the doctor/nurse. And I seen something similar to this. The AI rotates the npcs worklocations time to time, and some of my new colleague dressed up like a nurse too. I think they are worked as same of the list above before the AI assigned to my workplace.
hey also weared the doctor/nurses outfits at the community center,movie theather,bakery,even office and church,it somehow got duplicated to all the shops/buildings where they use uniforms....

Jayqze

Apr 3, 2022
hey guys! pretty new here. got here by accident and saw that this game has a 594 pages thread?! ofc i had to download the game!
now i also saw that theres a pretty big modding community and after looking at the modding list on the fandom page i discovered that all mods listed got their last update in 2021. does that mean that the mods got incorporated into the game? if not which mods would you consider to add to the current version of LifePlay?

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
hey guys! pretty new here. got here by accident and saw that this game has a 594 pages thread?! ofc i had to download the game!
now i also saw that theres a pretty big modding community and after looking at the modding list on the fandom page i discovered that all mods listed got their last update in 2021. does that mean that the mods got incorporated into the game? if not which mods would you consider to add to the current version of LifePlay?
I just use ravenger's mod. It trivializes the game though as you gain everything at record speeds, but I think that it's worth it unless you enjoy massive grind. There are also some new things added, so I would give it a shot.

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
done anyone know how to fix the issue where your boss spouse become their child in the repeated errand scene?
You've seen the spouse become the child? Don't think that should happen. There is an issue where the parent becomes the child. The child scene doesn't have any check for age, it just grabs any character with a ParentChild relationship, which means it can sometimes grab the parent and act like they're the child. The parent scene also doesn't check to see if a parent already exists for some reason. It always creates a new parent every single time. The boss can have dozens of parents. Child scene just needs "; If Actor1:age < Actor:age" added to the end of the "WHO:" but the parent scene needs a more substantial rewrite. The code work in the scenes is getting sloppy. Some are just flat out broken because of simple syntax errors. They clearly aren't being tested.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

knurd

Jun 2, 2019
One of the update previews the dev mention the ability to rename family relations. "niece, second cousin and so forth" I have yet found where to do this? Someone can tell me where to find it so I can?

chwX

Aug 23, 2017
One of the update previews the dev mention the ability to rename family relations. "niece, second cousin and so forth" I have yet found where to do this? Someone can tell me where to find it so I can?
You must first invite the character, then click on them and it is in the menu.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It looks like you must be related to that person in some way, as that option didn't appear on just any character.

Reactions: knurd

knurd

Jun 2, 2019
Thanx for trying to help but when you click Translate all it does is take you to Google Translate. And she's my sis but really she's suppose to be my niece.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Thanx for trying to help but when you click Translate all it does is take you to Google Translate. And she's my sis but really she's suppose to be my niece.
Don't click on Translate, hit the option in the interaction menu that says "Set Family Relation"

Reactions: knurd

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
the parent scene needs a more substantial rewrite.
This is the solution I ended up coming up with for the parent file:
Code:
Actor1 = Actor.getRelatedPerson(ParentChild)
While Actor1.isValid() && [Actor1:age < Actor:age || !Player.isInterestedIn(Actor1)]
EndWhile
If !Actor1.isValid()
    Actor1 = Actor.generatePersonTemporaryMatchRace()
    While !Player.isInterestedIn(Actor1)
    Endwhile
    Actor1.makeInterested(Player)

Actor1:age => Actor:age + Random(20, 30)
    Actor1.randomizeFace()
    Actor1.randomizeHairs()
    Actor1:likes_older => 2*[age - Actor:age]
    Actor1:attractiontoplayer += Random(25, 50)

Actor1.makePermanent()
    Actor1.matchLastName(Actor)
    addNpcRelationship(ParentChild, Actor1, Actor)
Endif
I eventually just ended up stopping that scene from triggering though since old people aren't my thing.

Edit: Updated code to fix bugs noticed by Icebird

Last edited:

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Code:
While Actor1.isValid() && [Actor1:age < Actor:age || !Player.isInterestedIn(Actor1)]
EndWhile
If !Actor1.isValid()
        Actor1 = generatePersonTemporaryMatchRace()
    Endwhile

Actor1.randomizeFace()
    Actor1.randomizeHairs()

Actor1.makePermanent()
Endif
I eventually just ended up stopping that scene from triggering though since old people aren't my thing.
You're a trooper, I just gave up because it felt like I was fixing scenes more than playing the game.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Code:
EndWhile
If !Actor1.isValid()
        Actor1 = generatePersonTemporaryMatchRace()
    Endwhile

Actor1.randomizeFace()
    Actor1.randomizeHairs()

Actor1.makePermanent()
Endif
Sry. But there is an error in the 'while cycle' where re-generating the actor1 (this: Actor1 = generatePersonTemporaryMatchRace())
And maybe should add after bonding they relation to match they names: Actor1.matchLastName(Actor)

Reactions: Sydney2 and Grim
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes