Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
There is a third audience, the one that appreciates that good work takes time, and recognize that this is very good work. naughtyroad has held our hand every step of the way through the development of the upcoming update. The loud complainers are not worth the headspace.
Actually there is also a fourth audience. These people laugh for no reason, eat Elmer's glue and often talk to little sock puppets they hang from their neck. They're kooky but they all love erotic VN and think NaughtyRoad is the best. Well they actually believe NaughtyRoad reads their brainwaves but that's another story o_O

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
There should be no words at all. And no plot. And no story. Just tits and vaginas in endless space with huge...... you get the idea.
In my opinion, Naughtyroad has the best words. Some are big. Some are small. But all are words. Manly-Bits is a word. Kitty is a better word. Goblin is a super word. And ward is the best word of all :)
Wrong! We all know Banana is the best word. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: naughtyroad

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
naughtyroad are u gonna create this update enough assets so u can re-use them on chapter 7 to reduce development time or are u gonna build up from the scratch again?
Assets can be re-used if the scene takes place in an already visited locale. This chapter breaks away from our usual haunts, and that means all new locations to create, to light up, to bake HDRIs from, new outfits, etc. If the chapter after the upcoming one sees us back at home again, or back at the locales created in this chapter, we can reuse stuff.

Assets for people doing "special" interactions ( :sneaky: ) with others (or themselves) don't benefit as much from this effect, as they're usually created for one scene. Although sometimes parts of poses can be reused when create a similar scene, or the action takes places in a locale that's already created, and that means there's a little bit of time saved.

So as to your specific question, assets are built for a specific purpose/scene, and sometimes they can be re-used partly or entirely, but it's not like you create a nice buffer of them for the purpose of saving you time down the road, and the story dictates if and what is needed foremost. It's not the story that gets adapted to get the most out of available assets. What that means for future chapter(s) remains to be seen.

You see I'm deliberately steering away from what might be spoilers, but I hope that's sort of an answer for you.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
I'm having a really hard time stomaching the younger "ward". Really wanting to like the game, but I'm feeling mostly irritation. I can see this is a great game, and really liking the older ward and the writing – good laughs too in the workplace.

But for now this'll have to be moved to the "check it out when it's finished" pile. Maybe she'll be less neurotic and get help/grow up in the future and it'll make the irritation worth while.

D

Deleted member 2667479

I'm having a really hard time stomaching the younger "ward". Really wanting to like the game, but I'm feeling mostly irritation. I can see this is a great game, and really liking the older ward and the writing – good laughs too in the workplace.

But for now this'll have to be moved to the "check it out when it's finished" pile. Maybe she'll be less neurotic and get help/grow up in the future and it'll make the irritation worth while.
Why do you feel irritation towards the younger ward?

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
Why do you feel irritation towards the younger ward?
Many things. For one, I think she should seek therapy. She has been clearly bullied, and her anxiety made worse in school, yet it is a "wrong" choice to recommend therapy. Her trauma regarding her mothers death and resulting anxiety doesn't seem to me a thing that just "going along" with her will fix. Clear neuroses like abnormal titty-fixation & abandonment issues add to the feeling that she should be helped. The MC being a caring guardian (or whatever...) should act or be alarmed?

Everything combines to her seeming too young, yet acting disturbingly lewd. There are absolutely sweet moments, but I felt uneasy and put off.

Then there's the time she hogs on-screen. But this is mainly an issue because I wasn't into her. But it was an issue because it started to increase the irritation.

All of these are highly personal. For example I was completely put off by Hayley's Story after the reveal. Trauma may be too real for me.

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
Many things. For one, I think she should seek therapy. She has been clearly bullied, and her anxiety made worse in school, yet it is a "wrong" choice to recommend therapy. Her trauma regarding her mothers death and resulting anxiety doesn't seem to me a thing that just "going along" with her will fix. Clear neuroses like abnormal titty-fixation & abandonment issues add to the feeling that she should be helped. The MC being a caring guardian (or whatever...) should act or be alarmed?

Everything combines to her seeming too young, yet acting disturbingly lewd. There are absolutely sweet moments, but I felt uneasy and put off.

Then there's the time she hogs on-screen. But this is mainly an issue because I wasn't into her. But it was an issue because it started to increase the irritation.

All of these are highly personal. For example I was completely put off by Hayley's Story after the reveal. Trauma may be too real for me.
While I, at a personal level, disagree, I cannot and will not fault you for your own personal responses, more so as you have looked at them and expressed them in a non-malicious and thoughtful manner. KUDOS to you!

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) yet it is a "wrong" choice to recommend therapy. (...)
I'd like to correct you on this one point, as it is *not* a wrong choice to choose the option where you suggest therapy, as far as the game is concerned. There is in no way any bad or negate consequence that follows choosing that option (like losing some type of points or getting an angry dialog from someone). Indeed, I would feel it would be in very bad taste, if that was the case.

Other than that, it was never my intention to pass Denise off as a deeply disturbed and emotionally scarred individual, although the author is dead and that is your reading from it, it is not my place to debate that.

From my perspective, the way I see her is as a young woman with a unique way of experiencing the world (that is not necessarily the result of any trauma that befell her in the last few years), which results in her doing things the way she does.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
Assets can be re-used if the scene takes place in an already visited locale. This chapter breaks away from our usual haunts, and that means all new locations to create, to light up, to bake HDRIs from, new outfits, etc. If the chapter after the upcoming one sees us back at home again, or back at the locales created in this chapter, we can reuse stuff.

Assets for people doing "special" interactions ( :sneaky: ) with others (or themselves) don't benefit as much from this effect, as they're usually created for one scene. Although sometimes parts of poses can be reused when create a similar scene, or the action takes places in a locale that's already created, and that means there's a little bit of time saved.

So as to your specific question, assets are built for a specific purpose/scene, and sometimes they can be re-used partly or entirely, but it's not like you create a nice buffer of them for the purpose of saving you time down the road, and the story dictates if and what is needed foremost. It's not the story that gets adapted to get the most out of available assets. What that means for future chapter(s) remains to be seen.

You see I'm deliberately steering away from what might be spoilers, but I hope that's sort of an answer for you.
Road trip!

Kronapz

Oct 23, 2017
Just read the developers post about the update progress he wrote some weeks ago and wanted to offer my unsolicited two cents.

You basically have two different audiences. The first one, the loud one, is the current one. Eagerly waiting for the update and definitely not shy about saying so (not everyone, but still). They very much care about the schedule and would want the update as soon as possible, preferably yesterday. But the second, silent audience is the one that will discover your work in the future. They won't care at all whether the update will come in a week, a month or next year. They only care about the quality. And in the long run, if you want to grow your audience, you should care way more about the second audience.

So that's my attempt at maybe giving you a different perspective on the demanding section of your audience. But I'm biased since I definitely would hate to see you sacrifice quality for speed so take my opinion with a grain of salt. In any case, I love your game and hope the trolls can't get through your goblin princess bodyguards too often to ruin the mood.

And happy thanksgiving to you weird americans. Your holidays are invading us here in the Europe (at least the black friday stuff).
That is how "Old Blizzard" used to be with how they developed games, they would say when it's "ready" or "Blizzard ready" or something along those lines. Most people have developed over the years "I want this now" type of mentality, but then get all pissed off because of bugs or "missing content/underdeveloped content" etc etc etc.

Jetse

Apr 22, 2020
That is how "Old Blizzard" used to be with how they developed games, they would say when it's "ready" or "Blizzard ready" or something along those lines. Most people have developed over the years "I want this now" type of mentality, but then get all pissed off because of bugs or "missing content/underdeveloped content" etc etc etc.
Let me guess (and don't kill me for this) that there are 2 types of people, people who waits for a really good products with patience (>35 years old) and people who wants all right now and blame the worls if they don-t have it (<35 years old).

It's a joke, don't blame me for this:cool::p:p

Kronapz

Oct 23, 2017
Let me guess (and don't kill me for this) that there are 2 types of people, people who waits for a really good products with patience (>35 years old) and people who wants all right now and blame the worls if they don-t have it (<35 years old).

Pretty much! lol

Reactions: LarryK

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020

Not proof, but I am willing to wait as long as needed, and can almost remember being 35...

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017

Therapy isn't a fix for every situation - There are bad therapists, it's expensive and it heavily depends on the doctor, if it's a good one or a bad one, if she's too passive or too active. Most of the time therapists just make you realize that you have an issue, and try to push you towards taking small steps to overcome those issues, for issues like she has, it's a far deeper problem, and everyone can get in grips with their issues in one way or another, as a father you are more interested in that the girl is in a good place in terms of her mood, and if she's preparing for the future (she can learn from home, that's not really an issue in our current world).

Sure, she has some strange inclinations towards abandonment and breasts, but those are not major issues imho. I'd dare say most of the people on this site who like incest games, have a few screws loose as well, likely due to family issues, single parents, etc etc. As this is just a fictional story there's no harm to it. Most people in this world have those issues in their private lives, it's nothing to really be too alarmed about, fetishes are pretty similar to that. Things we learn to cope with.

In a sense her current fears and weaknesses will iron out over time, if it was something that made her suicidal or makes her hurt herself, then a therapist would be crucial, but in her case, I don't really agree with a guardian having to freak out and rushing to find a therapist, if you have a solid family unit, you can overcome stuff yourself. Not to mention the MC/Guardian is also fighting his own demons, so is the elder one, in that way the whole family should get therapists, but this story here is about them overcoming the demons on their own (Through a bit of taboo).

Reactions: Coaxmetal
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes