d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
just finished chapter 4 and in that chapter there's an option where macy asks if MC is serious about brooke or not. Choosing yes will lock me out of denise+macy content. will choosing 'no' lock me out of brooke's route?

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
just finished chapter 4 and in that chapter there's an option where macy asks if MC is serious about brooke or not. Choosing yes will lock me out of denise+macy content. will choosing 'no' lock me out of brooke's route?
None that's currently in the game. As to the future IDK, but if it does I'll probably mod this game for the first time, as I do with 95% of the Ren'py games I play, lol.

Heh, yeah that happens a lot to me as well. I think 20 %, easily, of all my comments here has been purged because I was replying to some unpleasant guy with an axe to grind against a developer or a sexual orientation. Still worth it though.
Yea, absolutely. Nothing provides perspective to a myopic whiner quite like being shut down hard.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
No worries, you won't be missing any Brooke content by telling Macy you're not, in this case; staying on the Macy/Denise path will ensure you'll see everything there will be to see.
As a rule, I don't do mutually exclusive content especially if it involves creating non-reusable assets. The idea is that this will factor into the endings for macy/denise locked out path, but there's plenty of parts of the endings that are not hammered down yet.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Heh, yeah that happens a lot to me as well. I think 20 %, easily, of all my comments here has been purged because I was replying to some unpleasant guy with an axe to grind against a developer or a sexual orientation. Still worth it though.
The "Report" link for such posts can make handling them sooo much easier on everyone, honestly ...

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
The "Report" link for such posts can make handling them sooo much easier on everyone, honestly ...
But making them go mad and ballistic is soooo much fun :ROFLMAO:

Ok a minute of being serious.
Yes we all should use the report button more frequently! Would save alot of time and effort wasted on such people.

Still i wish i could apply somewhere to rename it tough! Like "Banhammer of Thor" the "nuke dukem" or "finish him" button!

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
I know, I know. I really should do that instead. It's a combination of being so old I was raised in a time where you didn't snitch, you fought instead (silly, but once those things are built into you they're hard to get rid of) and just gut reactions. That meme of an angry dude and the tag "someone on the internet is wrong!" in capitals could have been about me, as family memebers delight in pointing out.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I know, I know. I really should do that instead. It's a combination of being so old I was raised in a time where you didn't snitch, you fought instead (silly, but once those things are built into you they're hard to get rid of) and just gut reactions. That meme of an angry dude and the tag "someone on the internet is wrong!" in capitals could have been about me, as family memebers delight in pointing out.
It is refreshing to hear that more and more oldtimers like me are around in here. And i was also raised that way. You stand your ground and fight back be it verbally or not. And old habits die hard.
Now that you mention your family pointing certain stuff out..... are we related? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
It is refreshing to hear that more and more oldtimers like me are around in here. And i was also raised that way. You stand your ground and fight back be it verbally or not. And old habits die hard.
Now that you mention your family pointing certain stuff out..... are we related? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Anyone keeping a list can add another 'old timer' to it (raises hand|).

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Well, considering your f95 handle/avatar we might be from the same part of the world anyway ...

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well, considering your f95 handle/avatar we might be from the same part of the world anyway ...
Nah im from central europe but i won't get more specific cause it is my deepest darkest secret where i come from. But i have skandinavian ancestory according a few generations back. So technically i come from there but not really.

But i have a question for naughtyroad. Why does denise now have glasses?
progressbar_chapter_6_2021-05-27.jpg

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
And here I was hoping she was using them as a disguise to sneak to Dad's office, unrecognized. Hey, if it works for Clark Kent...
That always bugged me about Superman, lol. And Hannah Montana. But I thought that show sucked anyway, woulda never seen much of it if it weren't for my sisters. Not cuz I hated "girls" shows. Just that one.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Silver-Age Supergirl wore a brunette wig to pose as Linda Lee Danvers. It apparently worked in that universe.
Thanks for that bit of trivia. I actually love American comic characters, but I could never get into them as they're basically corporate storytelling vehicles, so I always stuck to Japanese stuff growing up as the creators have absolute control over their characters by virtue of Japanese law AFAIK, and IPs only become "corporate" if they're created by and licensed to a corporation or the creator grants license to a corporation to expand on the IP, i.e. Pokémon.

I only really got into American comic characters with the cinematic universes after Ironman became a hit and the advent of Wikis, so there was a single continuity I could latch onto and wikis made it easy to contextualize the characters without having to delve into all the continuities in a granular way. But I do love the bits of trivia relating to all the various continuities created by different talents over the years.

One thing that has me worried though is how easily the DCEU got derailed and how quick Sony was to scrap it without any care as to how the fans would react, regardless of the Snyders dealing with their personal tragedy... In the end they still view the continuity as a corporate vehicle and don't value the integrity of the story.

Reactions: Dragon59
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes