LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
As a developer, I think you must stay true to your vision and what you like. Trying to appeal to everyone is a losing battle - imho. Here's to more of your continued success. :)
Very true. This is NR's vision, his story to tell. If he thinks of it as a commercial endeavor, then he eeds to tailor it to the ones he wants money from. If he sees it as a dresm or hobby, he needs to be true to himself snd whats HE wants it to be.

In my opinion, it is the work of art it is, because his intent is to share a personal vision with us, like the greatest painters and sculptors of history.

Grey Wolf 73

Sep 30, 2018
Is it weird that anytime I see or think about Light of my Life I start to sing Love of my Life by Queen? Don't think I don't see the connection and subliminal reason behind it naughtyroad. Oh well, You've stolen my love, you jerk! Can't you see? Don't take it away from me... But, whatever, I still love you.
No, it just shows you are a person of culture and taste.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Well, with mutual exclusives, e.g. choose girl A->lose girl B, but choose girl B->lose girl A: those aren't in there because frankly, I feel it's a waste of time to create scenes for girl A and B, and by average have only see 50% of the audience see that work. So there's exclusion paths, but they only exclude people you have no interest in, they won't result in seeing content you wouldn't see otherwise (except where it modifies dialogue to reflect that choice). That idea of not doing mutually exclusive paths was there from the outset.

As to fluffy and light, IDK. I mean, you can choose to pursue her if you like her, and if not, you don't have to deal with her much, so there's an impact, and it'll influence a ton of dialogue with Macy/Denise but also with the other office ladies if you do, (and that's a huge impact from the scripting side), so there's consequence and meaning to the choice.

But I understand the deeper question here: are there Consequences (capital C) to the choice? No, and by design. Dire consequences might be fun if you're playing the Witcher, but in a VN, it's just cockblocking (or cuntblocking, depending on the player).
I really hate the idea of having to choose between love interests because someone decided hard choices are fun, and that they make for good drama. I don't think they do, I think they're a kneejerk reaction to what the developer feels makes good normal games, but I feel it's misplaced in the erotic/adult VN genre, especially for a game like this. If there are consequences (lower case) to choices, they should be clear to the player up front, and avoidable, otherwise, you're just setting the player up to be frustrated.

Somewhat related, I wrote a whole bunch on choices here.

So, coming back to your original question: yeah, that was my intention from the beginning, although I couldn't have imagined LomL would turn out to be so massive, so I hadn't foreseen it all playing out in this way exactly (just the broad strokes).

Dangerous choices: those are the choices that lock out Macy&Denise. The game will tell you what you're about to choose there so you can avoid it, or it'll hide those choices entirely if you so choose so you don't have the immersion breaking "WARNING" in your dialog.
Oof! I hope you weren't offended by me calling the decisions fluffy. What I meant to say was that most of the conversations are stuff that's fun. Like talking to Macy on the couch and being silly. Making fun of her and other things like that. Obviously there are not so fun ones with the MC's wife, but I just meant they are presented in a way that lets you choose the MC's personality in an engaging and NOT distracting way.

I'm glad you went into it more. Maybe this isn't something something other people want to talk about, but it fascinates me to hear the decision making process. I was scrolling down on the page and read it and thought about hearing your intentions.

Another point I forgot, there are technically "dangerous" decisions like when you get together with the pregnant member of your coworkers (was it triple S? I forget) and you can decide whether or not to have her pee on you! I'd say that's pretty dangerous for someone that hates that stuff, I'm a degenerate so the MC was soaked :devilish:

Thanks again for the response. I'll check out the thread you linked. I can't wait to see what the MC gets into ;) in the next update!

Reactions: naughtyroad

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Oof! I hope you weren't offended by me calling the decisions fluffy. What I meant to say was that most of the conversations are stuff that's fun. Like talking to Macy on the couch and being silly. Making fun of her and other things like that. Obviously there are not so fun ones with the MC's wife, but I just meant they are presented in a way that lets you choose the MC's personality in an engaging and NOT distracting way.
(...)
No worries I figured you didn't intend it as such, and yeah, good observation: a lot of choices in there don't influence much at all, but they're there to let you give the MC a voice. There's even a good few single-option ones, that are there so, even though what comes next is inevitable, it's still you as a player that kicks it off, and helps keep you engaged with what's going on.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
(in response to a now removed NTR discussion)
Well, hopefully laying this matter to rest: I don't deny anyone their kink, but as Meyele already pointed out, there will be no NTR in LomL. For anyone that's disappointed by that: I'm sorry, I just don't feel that particular one, and if I don't feel it, I can't write about it.
I missed the discussion, but the fact that anyone looked at this thread and actually thought there was any chance of that happening is beyond insane.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Another point I forgot, there are technically "dangerous" decisions like when you get together with the pregnant member of your coworkers (was it triple S? I forget) and you can decide whether or not to have her pee on you! I'd say that's pretty dangerous for someone that hates that stuff, I'm a degenerate so the MC was soaked :devilish:
In my case, I'm not into it, but it was either accept it or interrupt the flow of the lovemaking. I chose not to interrupt.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
In my case, I'm not into it, but it was either accept it or interrupt the flow of the lovemaking. I chose not to interrupt.
There is this thing with fetishes that somehow change as you get older. That's my thought anyway. I can see why people go into En Tee Arghhhh because something just doesn't click forever. Eventually you start to look for something different, not necessarily better. I used to like "watersports" (the affectionate term) but now it's a neutral fetish to me. Though, fetishes also vastly change. I used to be into tentacle stuff when i was in my early teens growing up. I've since lost my liking to them. Also, can't really enjoy evil protagonists/evil games. Tried to play because I loved Sumeragi Kohaku's incredible art and character design but... yeah, no thanks. The first scene is a brother taking his sister to school, a dozen guys rape her including him...
That's the prologue...

Anyway, Light of my life hopefully won't have any scenes THAT screwed up. Fingers crossed!

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
There is this thing with fetishes that somehow change as you get older. That's my thought anyway. I can see why people go into En Tee Arghhhh because something just doesn't click forever. Eventually you start to look for something different, not necessarily better. I used to like "watersports" (the affectionate term) but now it's a neutral fetish to me. Though, fetishes also vastly change. I used to be into tentacle stuff when i was in my early teens growing up. I've since lost my liking to them. Also, can't really enjoy evil protagonists/evil games. Tried to play because I loved Sumeragi Kohaku's incredible art and character design but... yeah, no thanks. The first scene is a brother taking his sister to school, a dozen guys rape her including him...
That's the prologue...

Anyway, Light of my life hopefully won't have any scenes THAT screwed up. Fingers crossed!
Hmm. Actually, mine haven’t changed at all in 35 years or so. I have discovered some new ones along the way, but the fetishes I had at 12 I still have at almost 50. So I think it varies from person to person.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hmm. Actually, mine haven’t changed at all in 35 years or so. I have discovered some new ones along the way, but the fetishes I had at 12 I still have at almost 50. So I think it varies from person to person.
My 'cringe' factor has decreased considerably over the years but I don't think my 'fetish' factor has changed much.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I hereby demand that the demand of my mind that is demanding a quite considerable amount of Light of my Life content is soon met before the demand of my mind that demands already a large portion of my brain capacity further interferes with my work.

I further demand that someone who understood what i just said would be so kind to explain to me in simple words wtf i just said as i honestly believe i had a stroke mid sentence.......

Thanks for your time.

4.70 star(s) 487 Votes