naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Well, I didn't go back to check on the math, but if you included the first chapter in the average, another 3 or 4 months should be added to the total time because that took a bit to develop as well.

However, in the end that makes little difference, because chapter development time has been growing longer and longer with each release, which has a couple of reasons, mainly to do with larger scope of each chapter, and growing complexity of the scenes, especially the lewd ones.

For instance, in chapter two a lewd scene involving one of the office girls would consist of two times half a dozen or so images, of relative simplicity, whereas chapter five had (off the top of my head) at least three lewd scenes that tallied well over a hundred each, with the individual images being much more complex in terms op posing, framing and lighting, as well as a lot more really complex social scenes.

Which explains why the numbers are off by quite a margin in this case.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well, I didn't go back to check on the math, but if you included the first chapter in the average, another 3 or 4 months should be added to the total time because that took a bit to develop as well.

However, in the end that makes little difference, because chapter development time has been growing longer and longer with each release, which has a couple of reasons, mainly to do with larger scope of each chapter, and growing complexity of the scenes, especially the lewd ones.

For instance, in chapter two a lewd scene involving one of the office girls would consist of two times half a dozen or so images, of relative simplicity, whereas chapter five had (off the top of my head) at least three lewd scenes that tallied well over a hundred each, with the individual images being much more complex in terms op posing, framing and lighting, as well as a lot more really complex social scenes.

So...... Kamasutra confirmed? Or did i read that wrong? No srsly you gotta tell me if i read that wrong. And yes it could have to do with the fact that i am addicted to macy! But who isn't?

Reactions: ironbox

A.K.A87

Feb 3, 2021

and we love you for that.
The buildup is always easier to make then the lewd scenes.
It's where most stories/games crumble and die.
We might not be the smartest bunch around (hell i got jealouse of a bear :p:LOL:),, but it does have to make sense in a way. Or this would be another fuckfest game like most that are around.
Don't get me wrong i like those from time to time ;), But this stands out , plain and simple ,it's better.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
For those interested, here is the progress update for September. Looks like its coming along nicely (y) Appreciate ya Dev!

View attachment 1386565
If we ASSume, probably unwisely, that each depiction, including all the insertions, is roughly the same amount of work, then this update is about 88% complete. So maybe end of month or early October ASSuming nothing turns up and real life doesn't throw the dev a curve.

A.K.A87

Feb 3, 2021
If we ASSume, probably unwisely, that each depiction, including all the insertions, is roughly the same amount of work, then this update is about 88% complete. So maybe end of month or early October ASSuming nothing turns up and real life doesn't throw the dev a curve.
Actually.... The doodles mean more work,, hard to make , hard to fit into the story and extra scenes that where not planned.
So the more doodles the longer the work,, on the + side... more doodles means more chapter/story/scenes to :)

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
and i understand that... i was just defending myself from the douchebag comment that was made because i simply asked if this was abanonded or just a long time updating... because by the numbers it is out of character for this game and the dev
Not really. It stands to reason the longer a game continues the longer it takes to make each progressive update. The developer has to incorporate the new elements of the latest update with all of the previous chapters of the game.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
So...... Kamasutra confirmed? Or did i read that wrong? No srsly you gotta tell me if i read that wrong. And yes it could have to do with the fact that i am addicted to macy! But who isn't?
Well, in this case complex "social scenes" was meant as more scenes where people interact/talk (cabin couch, pond, picnic, The Watch-out-for-bears lookout point, etc.), which are a lot harder to do than the normal talking-to-you figures due to characters interacting with each other, props and the environment, the environment conforming to them, getting wardrobes to look okay with that, etc. Plus there's very little to re-use.

But of course that neither confirms nor denies any kama-sutra like interactions with specific wards, so I sort of answered absolutely nothing here. Hmmm... :unsure:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well, in this case complex "social scenes" was meant as more scenes where people interact/talk (cabin couch, pond, picnic, The Watch-out-for-bears lookout point, etc.), which are a lot harder to do than the normal talking-to-you figures due to characters interacting with each other, props and the environment, the environment conforming to them, getting wardrobes to look okay with that, etc. Plus there's very little to re-use.

But of course that neither confirms nor denies any kama-sutra like interactions with specific wards, so I sort of answered absolutely nothing here. Hmmm... :unsure:
What that tells me however is that the kama-sutra is still in the race :ROFLMAO:

Belfaborac

Jul 7, 2019
I don't use Patreon, preferring to reward authors for updates through BuyMeACoffee instead, so I'm not paying while I'm waiting.

Hence, as far as I'm concerned the wait between updates should be exactly as long as it takes to get them right. No more, and certainly no less. I MUCH prefer to wait 8. 10, or 12 months for an excellent update than to have a hitherto great game decline in quality because the author feels the need to rush a release.

Quality trumps all, always.

meyele

Jun 4, 2017
I'm getting really fed up with people complaining about how long the game takes to update, play something else while you wait, but don't rush the game, if naughty rushes the development of the game it wouldn't be nearly as good as it is.
Let the man take his time, at least he makes really good content every time.
I've been supporting him in patreon for almost a year, its the only content creator i support, and if he made shorter updates that leave you blueballed or it wasn't up the quality of all these updates i wouldn't be so inclined to support him.
I hope Naughty keeps doing what he does at his own peace despite some impatient people complaining, like i said,there's lots of things to do besides waiting for the update and many games to play beside LoML, and the long wait makes it even more exciting to play.
The only reason the updates should speed up is if Naughty can afford to hire someone to help him with the assets and proofreading, but right now i'm guessing that's not possible.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I'm getting really fed up with people complaining about how long the game takes to update, play something else while you wait, but don't rush the game, if naughty rushes the development of the game it wouldn't be nearly as good as it is.
I've been supporting him in patreon for almost a year, its the only content creator i support, and if he made shorter updates that leave you blueballed or it wasn't up the quality of all these updates i wouldn't be so inclined to support him.
I hope Naughty keeps doing what he does at his own peace despite some impatient people complaining, like i said,there's lots of things to do besides waiting for the update and many games to play beside LoML, and the long wait makes it even more exciting to play.
The only reason the updates should speed up is if Naughty can afford to hire someone to help him with the assets and proofreading, but right now i'm guessing that's not possible.
As i said many times before. Let me win the lottery or make me rich any way and i fund naughtyroad through life. Oh and thats also kinda important that i get really rich so i can meet Elon Musk and let him build Sierrabots. Sierrabots for everyone. Coming with the OS including Daddy issues.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
While I get and agree with your frustration, why get wound up? Naughty doesn't care. His supporters and followers don't care, and the continual whining draws a lot of traffic to this thread. If the complainers had half a brain they'd just go away and the traffic here would dry up immediately. There's an old saying, "if your opponent is digging a hole don't interrupt him".

Naughty is one of the most upfront reporters of his progress and the RL factors that from time to time intervene. He doesn't need us to defend him, only to support him. So let the whiners draw more eyes to his game while we wait with baited anticipation of the next update. Works for him, works for us, what's to lose?

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
One thing worries me. This game does sexual tension between relatives better than any other game on this site, but in the latest update the older sister(she is supposed to be the mature one) did some pretty wild stuff with her father. I think that the next update will either cement this game's quality or it will disappoint a lot of people.

Reactions: klein-er

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
One thing worries me. This game does sexual tension between relatives better than any other game on this site, but in the latest update the older sister(she is supposed to be the mature one) did some pretty wild stuff with her father. I think that the next update will either cement this game's quality or it will disappoint a lot of people.
The next update will sure as shit cement something. And it won't be expectations but body parts of players male and female alike. :ROFLMAO:

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
I am so fed up with how fed up some people are over others being fed up because others are fed up. Do you know how effed up that is? Grrrrr :mad:

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
I am so fed up with how fed up some people are over others being fed up because others are fed up. Do you know how effed up that is? Grrrrr :mad:
For some odd reason, this quote from a Monty Python sketch just leapt to mind. I can't think why...

" I think all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not! And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am. "

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes