naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Any hope of a walk through mod [not outdated]?
Did you try it with the current version? It is only a minor version behind. Also I think the walkthrough is not really necessary. The game seams not to be mean or have really lose or win states. It is more of a story experience.
Tbh, I wouldn't go with the outdated mod for various reasons, a few of which I've outlined in the rant on the first post and won't go into again. :D

But more importantly, because of the way it's coded, it basically replaces a majority of the scripts to the version it was created on, in effect partially rolling the game back. That includes reintroducing all bugs, typo's and glitches, and maybe introducing a few where it doesn't roll something back for a change, and now it doesn't match with each other anymore because the new code is expecting stuff the old code isn't doing..

In addition, I didn't look it they ever went back and did a merge of the changes from the previous chapters with my fixes, changes and updates to the previous chapters (and there's a ton of those too), but my guess is not, because that'd require a 3-way merge a ton of code, and any developer will tell you that that's one of the most annoying task they'll ever get. So you're probably rolling the previous chapters back way more than just a minor or two.

All for something you didn't really need in the first place, but only thought you did.

Munchking

Oct 19, 2017
At first I wasn't really used to the character models, but after playing the game I love them. Amazing game and can't wait for the next update

I was in the same boat, but in some of the scenes the girls can be downright gorgeous. And I love how animated and full of life the game can be. Watching the them move about the screen as they squabble never gets old.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
In theory, he could use a render farm service.
Not to be a dick, but I've been wondering about this for quite awhile. Given the extremely high cost and limited availability of high performance GPUs, why don't developers take advantage of online rendering engines? I mean in theory couldn't they set up tens, or dozens and run them all in parallel? I assume there is a reason, or most of them would choose that solution. I'm just curious.

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
I would guess that what DAZ Studio outputs isn't exactly a standard IRay file. Although you'd think that DAZ would partner with a render farm to provide a experience tailored to DAZ Studio users. They were quick enough to jump aboard the NFT bandwagon.

Reactions: Grelk

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Not to be a dick, but I've been wondering about this for quite awhile. Given the extremely high cost and limited availability of high performance GPUs, why don't developers take advantage of online rendering engines? I mean in theory couldn't they set up tens, or dozens and run them all in parallel? I assume there is a reason, or most of them would choose that solution. I'm just curious.
NaughtyRoad would have to invest in such a service and those that exist are not cheap. Plus, waiting for renders might not be the most significant time they spend vs morphing, posing, texturing, etc - especially if a batch rendering tool is used.

Before it gets more off-topic in this thread, there's some related info on Iray server rendering here.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes