trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Wouldn't it be easier to just release the game and let the community make there own android port? Then you can look into how to build an android port while you make the next version. Or look up android request on here visit the thread and speak to one of the many android porters we have here they may be able to help you.
I think this is actually a very reasonable suggestion. To clarify, NR really hates people who make android ports from his game and charge for it. But there is an entire armada of android porters on F95 that would be glad to do this port and post it in the thread. NR could either use that port, or just temporarily link to it before he finishes his own. At this point I think that hatred for android porters is becoming a bit irrational. No matter what is done, there will always be people trying to profit from other people's work. The only way to completely stop it is by not releasing the game, ever.

Last edited:

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
Noob question, you can't build an Web version, and put it on a website like itch.io for the Android player ? So they can wait for an android version.
Wouldn't it be easier to just release the game and let the community make there own android port? Then you can look into how to build an android port while you make the next version. Or look up android request on here visit the thread and speak to one of the many android porters we have here they may be able to help you.
Developer has already addressed questions and suggestions like these in several previous posts. Do a thread search if you want more info, but the bottom line is - everyone will get their version at the same time - Windows/Linux, MAC, Droid.

Remember, patience is a virtue.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Remember, patience is a virtue.
Reminds me of an old saying that goes something like this.
The early bird catches the worm.
On the other hand the lazy cat eats the bird and goes back to sleep.

And if you have a cat you know what "patience is a virtue" truly means.
This lazy ass fur ball will only move for three things.

Food (royal can opener job)
Something is moving. Fur ball will kill it. Including you.
Cardboard boxes. Fur ball must sleep in it to test maximum comfort efficiency.

Get a cat folks You either learn patience or how to get ninja reflexes to avoid her paws.

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
Reminds me of an old saying that goes something like this.
The early bird catches the worm.
On the other hand the lazy cat eats the bird and goes back to sleep.

And if you have a cat you know what "patience is a virtue" truly means.
This lazy ass fur ball will only move for three things.

Food (royal can opener job)
Something is moving. Fur ball will kill it. Including you.
Cardboard boxes. Fur ball must sleep in it to test maximum comfort efficiency.

Get a cat folks You either learn patience or how to get ninja reflexes to avoid her paws.
A good pussy is always hard to come by, but almost any pussy can drive you crazy.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I'm surprised he only had 16GB ram. I've always assumed you needed a lot of RAM to render the more complex scenes.

Also, why get RAM when you can get BEAR?

BEAR is more advanced than RAM and by far the better product. RAM just spends it's days hitting their heads against the wall. Not doing anything but giving you a headache, as we all know.

Meanwhile, BEAR, aka "Barely Even A Renderer" can render an entire game in roughly 5 months of hibernation. Can't beat that efficiency.

Pluto76

Nov 14, 2018
Since 7.4.9 if you have any archives n the external files directory then they will automatically be added to the build - which would definitely muck it up.. I wonder if this might be happening

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Issue didn't turn out to be RAM at all, but path names that were too long, silently failing when it tried to move assets during the build, which led to a lot of trash remaining in the RAPT asset directory (which led to the buid jvm exploding in memory etc.).

Now the cause is fixed, the builds are quite well behaved and fast again, and the RAM upgrade wasn't needed after all (other than that it helped me actually complete a build, find a curiously bloated APK as the result, and from there work my way back to the cause).

As to previous suggestions for handing it to the community to fix, well in this case a) they would have run into the same issue and b) a dev needs to be able to support his own product.

I'm surprised he only had 16GB ram. I've always assumed you needed a lot of RAM to render the more complex scenes.
(...)
What you want for rendering is VRAM and cuda cores, e.g. the memory and processors on your graphics card. With two NVLinked 2070Supers I got that covered, at least for my needs. CPU and RAM aren't really all that important.

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
Issue didn't turn out to be RAM at all, but path names that were too long, silently failing when it tried to move assets during the build, which led to a lot of trash remaining in the RAPT asset directory (which led to the buid jvm exploding in memory etc.).

Now the cause is fixed, the builds are quite well behaved and fast again, and the RAM upgrade wasn't needed after all (other than that it helped me actually complete a build, find a curiously bloated APK as the result, and from there work my way back to the cause).

As to previous suggestions for handing it to the community to fix, well in this case a) they would have run into the same issue and b) a dev needs to be able to support his own product.

What you want for rendering is VRAM and cuda cores, e.g. the memory and processors on your graphics card. With two NVLinked 2070Supers I got that covered, at least for my needs. CPU and RAM aren't really all that important.
1152788059-happy-bear.jpg

Jacobsm

Jun 23, 2019
I was tired, so I went home to bed, standing up my date. I woke up this morning to find out she'd stood me up as well. So, who betrayed whom first? I'm just going to have to show up at the same place again and hope that she's there for the next date because once she's there, she's there. Unless the damn bears show up again and muck with path names, which in turn lead to to other unspeakable eldrich horrors emerging, such as RAPT, AFT, RAM, ATF, FBI, CIA, or one of the other evil unknowable alphabet soup spoon combos out to destroy civilization as we know it.

(Relax, she'll get here when she does. Until then she's in the best hands there is.)

Reactions: naughtyroad

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Bears wanna snack on some Denise Ass to get them through the winter. 'Skinnier' Macy was not to their liking!

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Jeancul
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes