trynd

Sep 17, 2017
I don't have any complaints about this game so far. I just hope that you don't focus too much on side characters like a lot of devs do in other games to stall out the main character development. It always feels out of character and forced when you play through a game and have the option to fuck like 20 diff random women you meet while you're romancing your family lol.

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
I don't have any complaints about this game so far. I just hope that you don't focus too much on side characters like a lot of devs do in other games to stall out the main character development. It always feels out of character and forced when you play through a game and have the option to fuck like 20 diff random women you meet while you're romancing your family lol.
I second that! It could become a dev's nightmare if many romanceable characters are added, as dev will suffer pressure from all sides, each supporter wanting more content with his favorite character. 'Babysitter' is a great game with this kind of issue and it has 4 maybe 5 female options (two really protagonists).

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
The first time I saw this game I thought the models looked kinda weird but after playing it its now probably my favorite game in development.
Yep, the look of the girls might turn away alot of ppl. Therefor we have to encourage everyone to give that game a chance and test it. Even if they (same as I) dont really like the models. That I can enjoy it despite that, shows how well the characters are written and how charming they are.

trynd

Sep 17, 2017
I second that! It could become a dev's nightmare if many romanceable characters are added, as dev will suffer pressure from all sides, each supporter wanting more content with his favorite character. 'Babysitter' is a great game with this kind of issue and it has 4 maybe 5 female options (two really protagonists).
Being a DIK is probably the best example of many females done right. Bad examples that are blatant stalling would be like DMD and Where The Heart Is. I'd just rather content of the so far perfect two main characters the dev has created than anything else.

edit: Quoted wrong guy lmao

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Being a DIK is probably the best example of many females done right. Bad examples that are blatant stalling would be like DMD and Where The Heart Is. I'd just rather content of the so far perfect two main characters the dev has created than anything else.

edit: Quoted wrong guy lmao
With Being A Dik where it's at now I don't think we know enough yet I'd say Become A Rockstar has some good well-written females and this Light Of My Life for me without doubts up there amongst the best in storytelling

zecon

Jun 2, 2017
I must to confess that i don't like "weird characters" , monsters or similar content , but i found the female character art in this game oddly AWESOME (sexy perhaps :D) !! just i love it ! and this is not the only thing that i like about this game , there are more things , like a great story , choices , a bunch of content in this update , etc ....

I really like your game work NaughtyRoad

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
I did not find any pregnancy in the game yet, but it does have the tag... Did i miss something, or is it just not in the game yet?

Reactions: naughtyroad
May 7, 2017
My my, not often devs dedicate so much attention to storytelling and relations between characters, especially it`s very important if the game has `incest` tag in it. This author bothered to get to the bottom of an issue, like classic situation you can hear in the counselor cabinet - how the family ended like this. Quite interesting to watch how this dev tries to explain the chain reaction that leads to all that incest stuff and i don`t even mind having a bunch of updates without sex or else, just to see the emotions, the impact of your decisions, inner battle of lust and sanity...though having some other side options is nice, like getting a love affair on the side to avoid being too close to your daughters, and still you`ll have to pay with good relations and their trust. If the game keeps the same pace and storystyle - taking it easy, explaining why it`s happening and moreover giving a choice to avoid it or turn the events however you like...mmm, that would be definitely one of the deepest games in terms of story, relations and psychology itself.
There are couple games i actually remember that tried into that relations, inner battles and explanation: one is Dual Family. Which failed completely in everything. And the other example could be DFD, but it also failed, especially after ep. 6 or 7 (don`t remember quite well) it became boring in terms of relationships and interactions between characters. Maybe there are some games like this which i don`t know, but anyway, usually your MC becomes aroused around his family members and seeing them naked after spying only once and admitting in his mind that `daummm she`s so hot/sexy...wanna fuck her, though she is my mom/sis and it`s so wrong but who cares while they are so sexy` makes him want to fuck them which is bullshit, it doesn`t work like this.
Still, as for me - I`m not the fan of such game models, and visually it looks worse than others, but definitely not ruining the atmosphere, i would say it brings game closer to the reality showing that you are having not top models as your daughters but just ordinary girls with standard behavior.
So, I wish there would be more games like this in terms of storytelling and relationships building, because everyone tries to abuse forbidden themes just to attract more audience while very few authors try actually to show the other side of the coin, and you know, I even want this game to have bad end if it comes to sexual relation with family, like the life often sucks, and karma is a bitch, so be ready to pay for your decisions, either it could be your sanity or your family`s well being, what would be pretty real as often`incest` interaction lead to some consequences that not conduct to your wet dreams.

teroda

Mar 2, 2019
alright just had an issue but managed to fix it: if you stick the game into deep folder-ception (example d:games/smut/smutthatireallyenjoy/qualitycontent/Light-of-my-life-0.3.0/.......)

the file names get too long and renpy gives endless error logs with longer file names, especially the folder game\images\paperdoll\denise and macy\bedroom night

(seriously dev, one of the file images is called: "macy denise bedroom night denisecloseup macyLOL deniseblink" can't we make that shorter)

dunno how to ping the dev but for people like me who like to hide their folders deep this is an issue atm.

Game is amazing though and and i spend an hour figuring this out cause i want to see where the story goes, i fixed it by placing the game folder on my desktop ( the horror)

Reactions: naughtyroad
4.70 star(s) 487 Votes