Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Yup, I'm 62.
It has been my perception that we old timers tend to gravitate more towards the story driven games.
Dang i'm 58 and on january 10th i get another child. As Dany Glover once said. I am to old for this shit. :ROFLMAO:

Also i wanted a trebuchet for christmas and only got a sweater, socks and a video game thats way to hard for me. Getting old sucks. But look on the bright side folks.

Once in the retirement home i will drive everyone nuts by talking about trebuchets and bears all day.
"NURSE NURSE I CAN SEE THEM! BEARS!!!!! AND THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! READY THE TREBUCHETS!!!!!"

PS: who am i kidding. I got 4 children they never put me there. I will live my last days in the basement of one of my daughters and will influence my grandchildren and set them up to annoy their parents. PAYPACK TIME!!!!

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Dang i'm 58 and on january 10th i get another child. As Dany Glover once said. I am to old for this shit. :ROFLMAO:

Also i wanted a trebuchet for christmas and only got a sweater, socks and a video game thats way to hard for me. Getting old sucks. But look on the bright side folks.

Once in the retirement home i will drive everyone nuts by talking about trebuchets and bears all day.
"NURSE NURSE I CAN SEE THEM! BEARS!!!!! AND THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! READY THE TREBUCHETS!!!!!"

PS: who am i kidding. I got 4 children they never put me there. I will live my last days in the basement of one of my daughters and will influence my grandchildren and set them up to annoy their parents. PAYPACK TIME!!!!
Heehee, congrats!

Well, not to worry when you start to see bears everywhere. I'm sure that they'll just write it of to "he's sooo good with the children, he's got a very vivid imagination." Even more incentive to keep you around and well fed.

Although I imagine they'll keep taking away any kind of launch apparatus you cobble up, lest you accidently send one of those kids over the rooftop of the house across the street.:eek:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Heehee, congrats!

Well, not to worry when you start to see bears everywhere. I'm sure that they'll just write it of to "he's sooo good with the children, he's got a very vivid imagination." Even more incentive to keep you around and well fed.

Although I imagine they'll keep taking away any kind of launch apparatus you cobble up, lest you accidently send one of those kids over the rooftop of the house across the street.:eek:
Well that last may not be a problem anyway if he sets up the grandchildren against his daughters. They might give him his wish, but then again remember daughters can be mean and vindictive and search specifically for a house with no attractive female nurses and visit regularly, so called out of love but in reality to check you still behave and make your life miserable if do not in their eyes, you know payback for when they were teens. :p

Feb 22, 2018
Well that last may not be a problem anyway if he sets up the grandchildren against his daughters. They might give him his wish, but then again remember daughters can be mean and vindictive and search specifically for a house with no attractive female nurses and visit regularly, so called out of love but in reality to check you still behave and make your life miserable if do not in their eyes, you know payback for when they were teens. :p
There is some personal stuff in that message.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: naughtyroad

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
There is some personal stuff in that message.
Hahaha. Not really, just the realization years ago that daughters even if nice and loving can have very different views on what is acceptable behavior of their single dad as that dad has and they tend to be outspoken and mean about that from pov of that dad and horribly mean blockers if you let them. :p :ROFLMAO:

Mar 12, 2018
I haven't seen anyone report these problems here. In order for us to help you better --
  • Did you download from links listed here or, if somewhere else, from where?
  • Which version: the official (uncompressed), torrent, or compressed?
  • Are you using any mods or translations, and if so, which one(s)?
  • Are you starting from a previous save? If yes, was the save from a playthrough:
    • on the official, torrent, or compressed version (please state)?
    • that used a mod/translation - and if so, which one(s)?
  • What is the device you are playing the game on?
    • What is your operating system (and version) and if it is Windows is it 32 or 64 bit?
    • How much RAM do you have?
    • What's your graphics card/?
  • Have you tried turning the device off and on again?
If you want to try a few things before replying - here's some troubleshooting steps:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll keep my eye open. You can also always join the dev's discord from the link in OP to see if someone has reported similar there.
I downloaded from here using GOFILE.
no mods or anything was changed.
was a new game.
Original Dell Xps 17in Laptop L701X.
64 bit. Windows 7.
8GB RAM
built in Intell graphics HD for I5 core.

I will delete the files in %AppData%\RenPy folder I forgot about those. that could be it. I have no issues with any other game.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
was a new game.
64 bit. Windows 7.
8GB RAM

I will delete the files in %AppData%\RenPy folder I forgot about those. that could be it. I have no issues with any other game.
Don't you also have a nVidia GeForce GT 555M graphics card on board? At least that is what L701X specification claims to be there.

Could you show us your log.txt file? (in the main folder of the game)

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
was a new game.
64 bit. Windows 7.
8GB RAM

LomL isn't like a lot of the games on here in that I layer quite a few images on top of each other and even fade between them to get the various parallax and animation effects in there, and all of those are zoomed and panned on top of that, so it's graphically a bit more intensive. These particular ones on that scene are even in QHD (1440p instead of 1080) for a little more zoom range without losing fidelity, but they'll eat up more RAM too.

Looking at that movie you attached, and considering that laptop is now somewhere between 10-13 years old and running on an integrated graphics processor, it seems to me like somewhere along the way something is just plainly running out of memory or processing power.

Penfold's suggestions are pretty good, check those, especially the graphics processor thing.

A few more tips:
* Make sure to actually unzip and not run directly from the .zip file.
* Try to run fullscreen instead of windowed (prefs->display->fullscreen)?
* If there's some memory hungry processes running on that laptop, consider killing them and see if that solves the issue.
* If there's any settings that limit the amount of RAM for the graphics processor to use, see if allocating a bit more helps.
* If you've never refreshed your Windows install at all, it might have accumulated quite a bit of cruft over the last decade and a bit, and a fresh install might see improved performance overall.

Dnutz

Apr 24, 2021
LomL isn't like a lot of the games on here in that I layer quite a few images on top of each other and even fade between them to get the various parallax and animation effects in there, and all of those are zoomed and panned on top of that, so it's graphically a bit more intensive. These particular ones on that scene are even in QHD (1440p instead of 1080) for a little more zoom range without losing fidelity, but they'll eat up more RAM too.

Looking at that movie you attached, and considering that laptop is now somewhere between 10-13 years old and running on an integrated graphics processor, it seems to me like somewhere along the way something is just plainly running out of memory or processing power.

Penfold's suggestions are pretty good, check those, especially the graphics processor thing.

A few more tips:
* Make sure to actually unzip and not run directly from the .zip file.
* Try to run fullscreen instead of windowed (prefs->display->fullscreen)?
* If there's some memory hungry processes running on that laptop, consider killing them and see if that solves the issue.
* If there's any settings that limit the amount of RAM for the graphics processor to use, see if allocating a bit more helps.
* If you've never refreshed your Windows install at all, it might have accumulated quite a bit of cruft over the last decade and a bit, and a fresh install might see improved performance overall.
are we bard form future relationship choices with Macy after having the MC have sex with Denise cause i was so worried i restarted were Denise was talking about the MC's thoughts on piercings, btw is your choice on the answer in that question could give Macy incentive to get sum piercings?

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Heehee, congrats!
Thanks... i think? Just the thought of diapers and getting up at night again is a nightmare coming true again. On the bright side. Bigger Titties :ROFLMAO: :love: :ROFLMAO:

No worries. We only send the other kids flying. In this crucial matter i can convince the other kids to do it as my grandchildren watch and hide with me from the police and medics. My plan is simple. They are underage and i can always blame dementia. Hopefully she never finds me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

Congratulations! At least you're not like Tony Randall. His two youngest children were born when he was 77 and 78.

Me? I was done years ago. Vasectomy when I was around 40. I think my eldest has had all the kids she wants (two from her ex-wife, two with her husband), and my son and his wife are not planning on having children.

Your later comment about bigger boobs: I wonder if lactation interest is more prevalent in those of us who were born in a time when "only poor women nursed their babies."

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
are we bard form future relationship choices with Macy after having the MC have sex with Denise cause i was so worried i restarted were Denise was talking about the MC's thoughts on piercings, btw is your choice on the answer in that question could give Macy incentive to get sum piercings?
No worries, no choice where you pick to have some lewd interaction with any character in the game will ever lock you out of anything with any other character. It's one of my pet peeves when a game does that to me and I'll never do it to you. They may become aware of what you did and voice an opinion on it, but they won't lock you out of anything.

The piercings thing... undecided yet what I'm gonna do with that player choice and if it's gonna be affecting M+D.
But to put things in a technical perspective, small choices with long-term effects on visuals tend to work against a developer that uses prerendered assets (as opposed to using something real-time 3d like unreal) as they have to now make variations of every render with and without that choice present (the subject of hirsute/clean shaven came up before, and it's a similar problem there), so I try and keep those to an absolute minimum to preserve my sanity. :ROFLMAO:

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
naughtyroad

When I checked the relationship tab I noticed there were some "perks"

Obviously- they are flags to lock out content some folks might not enjoy.
Makes me wonder though, did I miss any???? ^_^

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
naughtyroad

When I checked the relationship tab I noticed there were some "perks"

Obviously- they are flags to lock out content some folks might not enjoy.
Makes me wonder though, did I miss any???? ^_^
Heh, you found those eh? :D
That's all of them for now, and it's actually "whisperer", but that a minor detail.

They're more for fun than anything, and sort of hidden in plain sight, that is, if you just engage with everything the girls offer up, you'll come across them all, whatever ones may still be coming down the line. No need to go out hunting.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Congratulations! At least you're not like Tony Randall. His two youngest children were born when he was 77 and 78.

Me? I was done years ago. Vasectomy when I was around 40. I think my eldest has had all the kids she wants (two from her ex-wife, two with her husband), and my son and his wife are not planning on having children.

Your later comment about bigger boobs: I wonder if lactation interest is more prevalent in those of us who were born in a time when "only poor women nursed their babies."
If i get another child at that age you can officially shoot me.
I can't do a Vasectomy. Just the thought of betraying my boys is to much for me. I am the pirate ship and these smart bastards are handling my pole so i can raise the flag and we sail onwards to new adventures.

Would think so. It is always the forbidden fruits or stuff you didn't have that interests you the most. In our childhood breastfeeding was not as common and if it was it was done privately anyway.

Heh, you found those eh? :D
That's all of them for now, and it's actually "whisperer", but that a minor detail.

They're more for fun than anything, and sort of hidden in plain sight, that is, if you just engage with everything the girls offer up, you'll come across them all, whatever ones may still be coming down the line. No need to go out hunting.
YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! I WILL GO HUNT THEM ALL NOW!!!!!

Dnutz

Apr 24, 2021
No worries, no choice where you pick to have some lewd interaction with any character in the game will ever lock you out of anything with any other character. It's one of my pet peeves when a game does that to me and I'll never do it to you. They may become aware of what you did and voice an opinion on it, but they won't lock you out of anything.

The piercings thing... undecided yet what I'm gonna do with that player choice and if it's gonna be affecting M+D.
But to put things in a technical perspective, small choices with long-term effects on visuals tend to work against a developer that uses prerendered assets (as opposed to using something real-time 3d like unreal) as they have to now make variations of every render with and without that choice present (the subject of hirsute/clean shaven came up before, and it's a similar problem there), so I try and keep those to an absolute minimum to preserve my sanity. :ROFLMAO:
oh thank u, i just got to say when i saw those two go to the tattoo shop i started looking up pawg tattoos and alil of jack-o pose's, could we see Mary doing ether or at least the MC and her using those stools in the kitchen to do alot of whisking of all dat cake :devilish:

InvaderZim

Jun 18, 2019

Totally valid point, so keep our sweethearts as they are. Has absolutely nothing to do with dissuading things that will cause me to have to wait longer for the the next chapter. No sirree. :sneaky:

A subject for an alternative naughty wallpaper perhaps?

Excedrinboy

Oct 16, 2019
Playing through the new update and just wanted to mention I like the detail you put into the movements of the sprites (I don't know if that's the right word for them) on screen. It really adds personality even when you're just talking to them. (What stuck out to me first was
Really nice attention to detail that fits their personality and what is happening. It's subtle, but we notice, so it's cool that you bother to put in that stuff. Thaaat's it, just wanted to mention that and keep up the good work!

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes