thesilentking

Jan 23, 2020
OK OK. I can give him a couple more days to complete the update. But that's all, sorry. He can spin as he wants, but the clock is already ticking.
I'm just worried this game won't get done , when updates do come out they are good but I can't stand getting 80% of a game done after years and then it just doesn't get done because of whatever reason the dev and or their team say .

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm just worried this game won't get done , when updates do come out they are good but I can't stand getting 80% of a game done after years and then it just doesn't get done because of whatever reason the dev and or their team say .
When was the last time this developer, NaughtyRoad - the sole person creating LoML, abandoned a game that you were enjoying?

The answer is never. The way you phrased your comment makes it sound as if this developer has done so at least once, if not several times.

Projecting whatever experiences you have had with other games/developers onto this developer for no reason is not only unfair - it is inconsiderate and disrespectful. This developer has shown no cause for concern regarding the delivery of their creation.

Last edited:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
When was the last time this developer, NaughtyRoad - the sole person creating LoML, abandoned a game that you were enjoying?

The answer is never. They way you phrased your comment makes it sound as if this developer has done so at least once, if not several times.

Projecting whatever experiences you have had with other games/developers onto this developer for no reason is not only unfair - it is inconsiderate and disrespectful. This developer has shown no cause for concern regarding the delivery of their creation.
Yes and once this game is finished i will convince elon musk to build a sierra bot..... but first i have to convince my wife...... On the bright side, if i can convince my wife i can convince anyone. And if i survive her reaction i am practially immortal. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

bigfuckinE

Jul 18, 2022
not sure if it's just me or a know problem on here. when i download from here and extract, 7-zip says one of the ( i assume) main files doesn't extract or copy. so anyways i go to open the game and it won't saying said file is missing. but anyways i got it from itch and it plays fine. just hope i'm not missing anything extra from f95.

bigfuckinE

Jul 18, 2022
p.s. it mentions checking for not properly merged mods...where are mods? am i just blind? are they at the beginning where the downloads are? and will they work with itch version?

thesilentking

Jan 23, 2020

The answer is never. The way you phrased your comment makes it sound as if this developer has done so at least once, if not several times.

Going to keep this bookmarked and keep quiet .

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
not sure if it's just me or a know problem on here. when i download from here and extract, 7-zip says one of the ( i assume) main files doesn't extract or copy. so anyways i go to open the game and it won't saying said file is missing. but anyways i got it from itch and it plays fine. just hope i'm not missing anything extra from f95.
"download from here" which link did you use because you shouldn't have any problems with unzipping from any properly downloaded version.
Wait, you said "from here" but then you say you downloaded it from itchio - which is it, here or itchio?
Either way, same answer - if you have problems with the unzip, it's from a bad download or something - not the file. Everything you need is in that one download.
p.s. it mentions checking for not properly merged mods...where are mods? am i just blind? are they at the beginning where the downloads are? and will they work with itch version?
The game is making sure you're not running some shitshow mods from somewhere. The developer recommends no mods, whatsoever, to play the game.
Going to keep this bookmarked and keep quiet .
If you were going to keep quiet, you wouldn't have posted you were going to keep quiet - you would have only bookmarked. Nice of you to show the kind of person you are.
Anyway, should I expect an apology when the game is eventually marked competed? I'll give you one if, by the off chance, something happens and it's not.

Reactions: Temuu

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
When you have a problem with try to unpack a game it means your software is out of date and you need to update 1 or both.
(That is 90% of the time.)

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
When you have a problem with try to unpack a game it means your software is out of date and you need to update 1 or both.
(That is 90% of the time.)

Try as a1fox3 suggests, but also, make sure you're not unzipping in a very deep directory. There's a limit on how long a file's path can be including the folder path and the filename, and perhaps you're running into issues with that.
Also make sure you're not unzipping on top of a older version, but into a new folder.

LomL really doesn't need any mods, and the one mod that existed fucked up your saves pretty hard because the person that took over didn't have a clue, so that's that message. It's just an ugly sanity check to make sure whatever code is running is at least touched for the latest version, so a potential mod maker has to at least make one or two edits to their mod (and hopefully take the hint they should merge it with my latest changes like a developer would that actually has a clue :mad:), and prevent users from running code that conflicts with my latest changes without knowing.

Usually you shouldn't see it unless you're on a very slow system, or you've have never done the brightness calibration before. There's a bug where it tries to do that dialog but doesn't remove the message so it's still in the background. IKR:FacePalm:

bigfuckinE

Jul 18, 2022
"download from here" which link did you use because you shouldn't have any problems with unzipping from any properly downloaded version.
Wait, you said "from here" but then you say you downloaded it from itchio - which is it, here or itchio?
Either way, same answer - if you have problems with the unzip, it's from a bad download or something - not the file. Everything you need is in that one download.

The game is making sure you're not running some shitshow mods from somewhere. The developer recommends no mods, whatsoever, to play the game.
1. I tried downloading it from F95 first, with each of the links. All the same result. Missing a main file according to 7-zip. Same as trying to open the game's exe file. Missing same file.

2. Used itch and everything worked just fine. Was just wondering if I'm missing anything using itch, because 98% of the time F95 has a way better version. Whether it being 100% uncensored or having extras or the full version.

3. I always play the normal game all the way through to experience it as the creator intends. Then I use the mods to get everything possible I can out of the game.

4. 7-zip is as up to date it possibly can be, never had a problem before this. Also it did fine with the itch version.

5. Anyways, after all my rambling, my question is this; Am I missing out on anything not acquiring the game from F95?

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...)
5. Anyways, after all my rambling, my question is this; Am I missing out on anything not acquiring the game from F95?
They should be the exact same version tbh, I supplied the same zip both here and on itch, which is why I'm a bit baffled (assuming you picked the regular downloads and not a translation dl or compressed, but I don't think you going on what you said). Since there's no forbidden content in LomL to be patched in later to get around Patreon platform TOS, it's exactly the same version, and you should be fine with the itch version.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes