Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I got utterly disapointed the last time i went to music fest, i was the only human being, triping with Rammstein performance all the other mfs around me were damn zombies with their damn phones man, today youth don't know when it's the time to pause their fake life and live their real one...
I went to a concert with my daughter of some young gay dude and was shocked to the core. All the young ppl with their phones (even tablets) recording the concert. My daughter however also tried this BS and was mad when i wanted to walk out on this if she continues this BS. Mind you we had seats on the upper floor while the ppl near stage literally recorded everything instead of watching the peformance life.

WTF is the point of going to a concert if you watch a recording of it? You can already do that and save yourself the money of going there?

So i took it upon myself to educate the second youngest how concerts are enjoyed. Iron Maiden in Prague. Not a phone in sight. Young to old people headbanging like maniacs. And middle aged ppl keeping the young ones and their fucking phones in check. She completely lost it when her old dustlike father went into the mosh pit, shirtless for half an hour to go absolutely nuts.
Never seen her face turn into a tomato in embarassment.

I needed 3 weeks to recover from this! Being old sucks. But God damn that was fun:ROFLMAO:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I went to a concert with my daughter of some young gay dude and was shocked to the core. All the young ppl with their phones (even tablets) recording the concert. My daughter however also tried this BS and was mad when i wanted to walk out on this if she continues this BS. Mind you we had seats on the upper floor while the ppl near stage literally recorded everything instead of watching the peformance life.

WTF is the point of going to a concert if you watch a recording of it? You can already do that and save yourself the money of going there?

So i took it upon myself to educate the second youngest how concerts are enjoyed. Iron Maiden in Prague. Not a phone in sight. Young to old people headbanging like maniacs. And middle aged ppl keeping the young ones and their fucking phones in check. She completely lost it when her old dustlike father went into the mosh pit, shirtless for half an hour to go absolutely nuts.

I needed 3 weeks to recover from this! Being old sucks. But God damn that was fun:ROFLMAO:
Agree. You can see the concert from any angle and angles are 0.1 degrees apart. Iron Maiden... I like. Man of culture, I see. Kudos.

InvaderZim

Jun 18, 2019
Agree. You can see the concert from any angle and angles are 0.1 degrees apart. Iron Maiden... I like. Man of culture, I see. Kudos.
Maiden Rocks!

The filmers are a huge annoyance yes.
But my pet peeves are the "get in fronters" as i call them. We like to be in front, preferably by the barrier if possible. Sound quality may suck at some shows, but view and intensity is great. And we avoid the moshpit, which will be behind us.

But then we have the guys who will try to either push you sideways, or sidle in front of you. For these it helps being 190cm, 100kg.

And then there's my ultimate peeve, the girls who go "Oh, you are sooo tall, little me can't see, can't i just come in front of you? *Insert cocuette smile and intense batting of eyeslashes here*
Well, sorry honey, no pussypass here. I point out that when I lined up for this spot, wayyy before the show started, there were plenty of space up front, and if this is important to her she could have arrived back then too. They then move over a few feet to repeat this spiel and some simp always let them in front. Oh well.

If Denise had pulled that on me i might have had a little dilemma though.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
Norway.
Spend a week in Oslo for friends and relatives there + Inferno Metal Festival.
Then way up north to visit my mother. The land where men are lonely and the sheep nervous.
I was stationed in Finland for work once, back in the day. In Vantaa, outside of Helsinki. Interesting place. On one hand, you had police everywhere, armed with automatic weapons... on the other hand, they served chocolate covered cream puffs at the breakfast buffet! :eek: Also the only country I have been too that had more ice rinks than my home here in Canada!

I'm still betting on a Valentine's Day release. I just finished a complete replay of Chapter 6 this past weekend and am eagerly awaiting the next one!

Dremel

Sep 24, 2017
I have 2 seperate concerts I'm goin to in march which are, total coincidence, both in Paradiso - Amsterdam the 16th and 17th of march.

The 16th

and

The 17th

The first concerts I'm going to since the 'rona pandemic 'ended' so I'm really curious how it goes and what the current zeitgeist of the audience is. But yeah I'm expecting a lot of phones in the air recording every second of every minute. Which confuses me as well wondering if they're actually enjoying the moment and making (some of it) a core memory. Guess I'm getting old...

A couple of posters said:
Maiden Rocks!

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
If Denise had pulled that on me i might have had a little dilemma though.
I had to do that for my daughter. And ppl pushed from all sides to the point she got scared from a drunk dude on the left. Papa Bear Feelings kicked in and i pushed back with my belly. No clue where the guy went but he bounced back like i launched him from a trebuchet :ROFLMAO:

Now if a Denise or Macy looking women would have asked me to get in front of me i would have abandoned my daughter in a heartbeat with the words "You old enough to drive. Everyone for himself now" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Have there been any development to get anywhere with them yet?
You go plenty of places, restaurant, museum, school, bar, weekendtrip in the wilderness (with bear) and even to the salon. ( not sure if that word can be used for that in the english language.) You even visit old abandoned places. so yhea there is plenty of places to go. But you never went to the workplace with them. how come? :unsure:

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020

We roll similarily. Daughter and I are concert buddies, she’s the only one who shares my love of progressive/melodic/Death/Black Metal so we go to about 4-6 concerts per year. No phones in sight and never have to worry about some guy in the crowd. The community takes care of its own.

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
how does 5 scene advance all at once instaed of 1 scene becoming more complete? And doesn't some scene already start with some completion, after all there are scenes that are continuations to one another, and have the same renders as the previous ones in the beginning of that/those scene/s? Sorry if it was already answered.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
how does 5 scene advance all at once instaed of 1 scene becoming more complete? And doesn't some scene already start with some completion, after all there are scenes that are continuations to one another, and have the same renders as the previous ones in the beginning of that/those scene/s? Sorry if it was already answered.
well, there's no rule that you can't work on multiple scenes at the same time :) pretty sure almost all VN devs do this, btw. and, especially naughtyroad, I think he has a lot of post-render stuff that he does? obviously he will have better answer, but I think that's the gist of it.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
If I did everything serially, I'd be waiting all the time to finish up rendering, which is a huge waste of time. There's quite a few tasks involved; writing dialog, creating scenes for rendering, post processing finished images, script transforms, edit, rework and fix, etc. All except for the scenes creation can go parallel to rendering, and scenes creation is by far the biggest time sink, so in the end it comes down to making sure there's always something to render while I'm doing one of the other jobs, and always having some other job laying around while I'm waiting for the renders to finish, and the image creation job is the tool to balance that all out. That way there's minimal downtime.

Scenes that re-use assets (like the paperdoll conversation scenes in the kitchen, living room, work, bathroom, etc.) will have just the one face because they can be wrapped up relatively quick, but they're hardly without any work at all (dialog needs to be written, the images need to be edited in, scripting the transforms, sometimes a particular emote wasn't done yet for that location/time of day/outfit and needs to be added, or the occasional special variant of an emote is needed, etc.).

Also keep in mind that not all tasks capture well in those images. That infograph was created just about 1 year ago when I finished blocking out the first draft of this chapter. Rework and expanding scope isn't really visualized there unless it's really significant, and for instance last week I did an end-to-end continuity pass that reworks and tweaks a lot of existing scenes, but doesn't show up at all on that infograph except in the hours report.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes