Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
Then Age of Empire's taught you wrong. While you might argue that a Catapult is simply a device to throw heavy objects that's not true to an engineer. Catapult uses tension to generate force, and a Trebuchet uses gravity and counterweights. The mechanics are different.

You're attempting to say that all Dating sims are VN, but that is also not true. There is a lot of overlap, and easy confusion, but in reality the two are not the same; especially if you look at the coding for the games.
He was replying to me, and neither my post nor his made any reference to dating sims whatsoever, never mind claiming they are VNs (which, being a game developer, I would never try to claim, because they're not).

Besides that, you're wrong. The trebuchet is a form of catapult. From Dictionary.com:
"A catapult is a machine for hurling objects a long distance, and it can come in different forms, including the version that’s the classic one in popular imagination, in which a big spoon-like arm is held under tension and then released to launch a projectile. A trebuchet is a specific version of the catapult that uses a counterweight to create the force to fling an object from a sling at the end of a pole. All trebuchets are catapults, but not all catapults are trebuchets."

I hope this clears things up (but not so much that all discussion of the matter is terminated. That would be tragic. We need our discussions of siege weaponry!)

Reactions: disp_acc

oh45

Jul 1, 2017
This week in one sentence: almost, almost content complete, and then it's on to fixing everything that's in there now, and no more adding new stuff.
As this is also the first release of LomL to Steam, I suspect that there will be some hiccups that'll add time.
And NR presumably needed to add "achievements" to the earlier releases.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
As this is also the first release of LomL to Steam, I suspect that there will be some hiccups that'll add time.
And NR presumably needed to add "achievements" to the earlier releases.
Naughty said (I'm paraphrasing here) that the Steam release will happen a bit later as that added some extra complications and didn't want that to hold up the process.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
There is no freedom of speech on this board. Nor a democracy or a majority vote.

This is a bloody dictatorship in which the mods rule with an iron fist up your arse if you do not behave.... :unsure: which now that i think about it could be some sort of unique kink.... :eek:

Having said this. I hereby declare my love and devotion to the mods and their rules. Swearing to our overlords to follow the rules and would ask in return only for my anal virginity. :whistle:

Also the update seems so close now i can almost taste it..... :ROFLMAO:

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes