HauntedHare

May 25, 2022
I don't know if this will be seen or not, but I wanted to first praise your work (Naughtyroad) and then ask a few things.

First and foremost, this game is beautiful. I've only ever been stunned by the stylization/effort put into an adult game twice before, and those were subverse and Eternum. And sure... there are many games out there which have certain aspects that grab a certain mechanic/gimmick only to absolutely kill it... but the most amazing part of your work was the story and characters... AND THAT is hard to find anywhere...

The characters themselves look and feel like true to life, fleshed out people. People with issues, hearts and souls. They act and react as if they were people I could recognize from my own life, and that's special. This work really does transcend trashy-fiction and become a dramatic romance game.

Anyways lol... enough dickriding from me. Your work is magnificent and there's no way I could do it justice with flattery. the work you put in obviously spans thousands of hours and it shows.

Now for me to take on a bit more of a selfish intonation... I am an artist/writer myself and after playing your game it felt like a fire was lit inside me. I desperately want to make a game worthy of being on the smae level as yours... I want to add to this genre.

I've often felt that the demonization of games with sexual content was absurd. We have games like doom, left for dead, and mortal kombat... highly celebrated titles where you can literally tear someone's head off and shove it up their ass...

(Note: If I had a coin for every time a game employed that mechanic I'd have two coins... which isn't a lot but it's still weird that it's happened twice)

I grew up playing all those games sure... but I also couldn't speak openly about raising sims like princess maker... or visual novels with sexual content that dwarfed the emotional immersion of triple A titles pumped out by huge corporations. The closest any mainstream game's come in years to a true sexual/emotional plot worth a damn was the Female V's relationship with Judy in Cyberpunk 2077 (Masterful storytelling there)... yet you couldn't explore their relationship more... it was an afterthought to the rest of the game...

Ughh sorry I'm rambling.

Anyways... I desperately want to make a game. I have the artistic and authorial skills to do it but the tools which would streamline the process are... lacking. Daz3D has got to be one of the most unintuitive programs I've ever used. Worse, 99% of the things output from that program tend to look like plastic barbie dolls. The forms are mostly divorced from reality.

So my questions to you are...

1. Do you use Daz? if not what programs do you utilize to create this, and is there anyway to look into your process? I looked though hundreds of your posts here (And I may be blind but...) I couldn't find anything to answer these questions.

2. How did you get your characters to looks so stylized yet real at the same time? They have a consistent style to them.

3. Do you have any tutorials released anywhere?
I hope I wasn't too forward with any of this. I adore your work and hope that You wont take offense or think that I'm trying to rip your style. I just want to get my own process down so I can run headfirst at creating something worth of sharing the same space with your work.

Anyways. I hope to hear from you, and if not I understand.

Last edited:

HauntedHare

May 25, 2022
I will throw my doll out the pram if this game gets abandoned

I might even throw my comfy blanket out!

and we wouldnt want THAT to happen!

DEV, get da thumb out!
lol I doubt the game will get abandoned. the dev posts here constantly and has been dropping updates about progression. that being said, it would be awful if that were to happen. I want to see an amazing conclusion to this game, AND see what amazing stories the DEV has planned for the future.

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
I will throw my doll out the pram if this game gets abandoned

I might even throw my comfy blanket out!

and we wouldnt want THAT to happen!

DEV, get da thumb out!
lol I doubt the game will get abandoned. the dev posts here constantly and has been dropping updates about progression. that being said, it would be awful if that were to happen. I want to see an amazing conclusion to this game, AND see what amazing stories the DEV has planned for the future.
As was explained to me a few pages back, there's a 1.5 year limit where, even if regular progress updates are released, the game will get tagged as abandoned. Of course, that's just a tag and as soon as an update does drop the tag gets removed. As with all tags on this site, the abandoned tag often doesn't reflect reality.

Reactions: HauntedHare

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...)

So my questions to you are...

1. Do you use Daz? if not what programs do you utilize to create this, and is there anyway to look into your process? I looked though hundreds of your posts here (And I may be blind but...) I couldn't find anything to answer these questions.

2. How did you get your characters to looks so stylized yet real at the same time? They have a consistent style to them.

3. Do you have any tutorials released anywhere?
I hope I wasn't too forward with any of this. I adore your work and hope that You wont take offense or think that I'm trying to rip your style. I just want to get my own process down so I can run headfirst at creating something worth of sharing the same space with your work.

Anyways. I hope to hear from you, and if not I understand.
Cheers, glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, I'm using daz, and unintuitive as it seems, it's not the worst out there. :D
I'd say go and have a look at a bunch of tutorials, I think this youtuber "wpguru" was actually commissioned to do a whole series to get beginners up to speed, and skimming through the list, I thought there were some interesting topics there. But I think some of the more advanced ones require getting a DAZ+ subscription (still, if you plan to get serious with daz, it's decent value for money, especially if you pick up a year subscription at a steep discount during a sale).
Even so, there's a bit of a learning curve for sure, and there's not much to it other then getting to grips with it and starting to use it, and learn as you go. Tbh, more than 50% of daz skill seems to me to be how to troubleshoot when it invariable throws some issue your way, and in time, you'll get very good at that.

As to the styling, there's a bunch of products in the store that let you tweak all aspects of body and facial features, and I just took a week or two to futz with the hundreds of sliders you get with those, to make something I felt fit the bill. I think what I used was 200+ face morphs, body morphs, natural breasts, and I added in a dash of cartoonized to pull them right out of the bottom of the uncanny valley. But yeah, there's a whole lot of trying and do-overs involved.

I don't have any tutorials really. There's a few posts on Patreon/Subscribestar where I picked a component of the game, and went through the steps involved in creating it, but those hardly qualify as tutorials and don't contain a lot of actual details, they're more meant to be an interesting read.

One piece of advice I always give to anyone thinking to start, is to do something small you can throw away after you learned all you can from it, because the first project will be burdened with every rookie and not-so-rookie mistake you can pack into it. For me that was First Contact.

No worries, it won't be abandoned until I'm done telling the story I wanted to tell, I love these characters too much not to give them the closure they're owed.

As was explained to me a few pages back, there's a 1.5 year limit where, even if regular progress updates are released, the game will get tagged as abandoned. Of course, that's just a tag and as soon as an update does drop the tag gets removed. As with all tags on this site, the abandoned tag often doesn't reflect reality.
Yeah, it'll probably have to endure the abandoned tag for a short spell, but so be it, and I'm not too worried about that. It's done when it's done.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cheers, glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, I'm using daz, and unintuitive as it seems, it's not the worst out there. :D
I'd say go and have a look at a bunch of tutorials, I think this youtuber "wpguru" was actually commissioned to do a whole series to get beginners up to speed, and skimming through the list, I thought there were some interesting topics there. But I think some of the more advanced ones require getting a DAZ+ subscription (still, if you plan to get serious with daz, it's decent value for money, especially if you pick up a year subscription at a steep discount during a sale).
Even so, there's a bit of a learning curve for sure, and there's not much to it other then getting to grips with it and starting to use it, and learn as you go. Tbh, more than 50% of daz skill seems to me to be how to troubleshoot when it invariable throws some issue your way, and in time, you'll get very good at that.

As to the styling, there's a bunch of products in the store that let you tweak all aspects of body and facial features, and I just took a week or two to futz with the hundreds of sliders you get with those, to make something I felt fit the bill. I think what I used was 200+ face morphs, body morphs, natural breasts, and I added in a dash of cartoonized to pull them right out of the bottom of the uncanny valley. But yeah, there's a whole lot of trying and do-overs involved.

I don't have any tutorials really. There's a few posts on Patreon/Subscribestar where I picked a component of the game, and went through the steps involved in creating it, but those hardly qualify as tutorials and don't contain a lot of actual details, they're more meant to be an interesting read.

One piece of advice I always give to anyone thinking to start, is to do something small you can throw away after you learned all you can from it, because the first project will be burdened with every rookie and not-so-rookie mistake you can pack into it. For me that was First Contact.

No worries, it won't be abandoned until I'm done telling the story I wanted to tell, I love these characters too much not to give them the closure they're owed.

Yeah, it'll probably have to endure the abandoned tag for a short spell, but so be it, and I'm not too worried about that. It's done when it's done.
The fat lady haven't sung yet.

The fat lady? Is that that preggers office lady? Didn't know she sang!

HauntedHare

May 25, 2022
I'd say go and have a look at a bunch of tutorials, I think this youtuber "wpguru" was actually commissioned to do a whole series to get beginners up to speed, and skimming throu... etc
Tysm for your response! :) That makes it much easier for me to press forward knowing that you made it utilizing Daz... I thought that the program might have been incapable of producing good work, but the fact that you made LomL while utilizing the program means that it's possible :)

(And that I'm the problem, not the program lol... which is actually really good news because I'm capable of getting better)

Looking forward to your next chapter when it's done as well! As I stated previously, I'm an artist myself so I know what it's like to really dig into something. It's better to do it right than to rush it.

It's also a solace to know that you're so attached to the characters as well. It's obvious through how you write them that you wouldn't mistreat their character-development for cheap pay-offs etc.

Anyways, ty for the response! I hope the rest of your day goes well!

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Statistically, the Abandoned tag reflects reality an overwhelming majority of the time.

But exceptions do occur - when the technical time limits are reached but the Dev has a good reputation, that's the source of most exceptions.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
The way I see it, the short stint with the aboned tag will have some advantages: it will lure out lots of hibernating bears who will come here to shout "I KNEW IT! SCAMMER!". It will be very effcient to block them all at once instead of one here and one there. Like cat fishing (bear fishing?) with dynamite.
Don't forget people asking if it's really abandoned when if they look maybe one or two posts above they will have the answer

I mean jeez I don't think people even read one comment before asking questions lol

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Don't forget people asking if it's really abandoned when if they look maybe one or two posts above they will have the answer

I mean jeez I don't think people even read one comment before asking questions lol
I'm sure it would be much easier for him if you had said him to look one post and then another one. Two posts sounds much and isn't worth the effort...

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes