nerinsky2

May 31, 2017
I'm a little confused that there was no update on Discord today, although Naughtyroad is very reliable.
Hopefully he is fine and nothing bad happened.

Love greetings a secret stalker
if he's in the states, it's a holiday today and most people are doing stuff besides being online

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
let me reset the timer again....when is the release?
1688527267127.png
I'm a little confused that there was no update on Discord today, although Naughtyroad is very reliable.
Hopefully he is fine and nothing bad happened.

Love greetings a secret stalker
You said this on a Tuesday, er, well. You said this about 2am on Wednesday where NaughtyRoad lives - while he was sleeping. Doesn't he usually put up the progress chart on Wednesdays, later in the day?
if he's in the states, it's a holiday today and most people are doing stuff besides being online
He lives in Europe.

agesilaus

May 28, 2017
View attachment 2745793
You said this on a Tuesday, er, well. You said this about 2am on Wednesday where NaughtyRoad lives - while he was sleeping. Doesn't he usually put up the progress chart on Wednesdays, later in the day?

He lives in Europe.
Nope, he lives in a fantasy universe where every man is hung like a horse, has a harem of landladies, and every land lady treats the main protagonist like casa nova reincarnate.

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
View attachment 2745793

He lives in Europe.
Just noticed my mistake.
Somewhat embarrassed am taking antidepressants again and then can not sleep and am somewhat forgetful in the time of acclimation.
Thought we had Thursday:ROFLMAO:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
A song from time where singer could actually sing... Without electronic help. ;)
So from the 1940s?

Pitch correction of some shape or form has existed since the 50s, even .

The sound you're probably referring to was auto tune which was originally designed in the 90s as pitch correction but most frequently sees use as a way to emulate a vocoder or talk box. Talk boxes have been used since the 1940s as have vocoder.

Talkboxes have been used in a of music prior to auto-tune's breakout in Cher's '98 believe.

This is basically an old man shouts at clouds complaint.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Bing CrosbyOriginal German Lyrics

Either way, can't go wrong... because life goes on...
Until today, the earliest rendition I'd been aware of was Louis Prima's (1956). Thanks!

• Hey there
Reactions: Count Morado

agesilaus

May 28, 2017
So from the 1940s?

Pitch correction of some shape or form has existed since the 50s, even .

The sound you're probably referring to was auto tune which was originally designed in the 90s as pitch correction but most frequently sees use as a way to emulate a vocoder or talk box. Talk boxes have been used since the 1940s as have vocoder.

Talkboxes have been used in a of music prior to auto-tune's breakout in Cher's '98 believe.

This is basically an old man shouts at clouds complaint.
Much worse is when lip syncing has been caught being used in "live performances" like justin bieber and beyonce. People don't pay lots of money on airflights, hotels, concert tickets, etc. for pre-recordings. Mind as well save a ton of headache and listen at home.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Much worse is when lip syncing has been caught being used in "live performances" like justin bieber and beyonce. People don't pay lots of money on airflights, hotels, concert tickets, etc. for pre-recordings. Mind as well save a ton of headache and listen at home.
They don't... But they also get really cranky if an artist cancels a show for their voice.

I'm a singer, I'd never make it through a modern recording artists tour. Shit gets tired and starts to sound bad, but people who pay for tickets to the last show want the same experience as people who saw the first show (that's an impossible ask).

Personally I want the studio recording, give me your music at its best. I have no interest in what you sound like tired exhausted and with thousands of other people singing along out of key.

-may not be a fan of listening to music in/recorded in live venues

splamo

Jun 26, 2018
Are we there yet???
Eh. Those examples, I don't mind. They're not really singers, they're entertainers. And while there's different levels of performers, you won't see someone like say, Adele with backup dancers and a dance routine. Beyonce and Bieber are there to entertain and put on a spectacle of a show. They just happen to be singing while they do it.

Basically, a club environment vs. a recital.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes