hankhillbwaah

May 7, 2019
For a while there, MixedDimensions did great full color 3d prints off of daz models, and I even ordered on of M+D with them. It looks fantastic, much better than I thought it would right down to logos on shirts and everything. But the daz license didn't allow for 3d prints other than for private use, so that didn't go anywhere. Then daz3d added 3d printing licenses to a ton of their products, and I'm thinking hard about preparing some model to release in some form, but at the same time Daz revamps its associate program (apparently they were paying people to create plugins to their store and products), so MixedDimensions pulls their support for that plugin. Oh well. :(
Any chance you could post a pic of the 3D prints you have? I'd love to see them.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
seriously run downhill, their weight distribution makes it hard not to fall ass over head if they are chasing you in this situation.

Anyways the best thing to do is make a lot of noise to not surprise them. Trail goers sometime cary a simple bell. But above all else do not be between a mother and her cub, literaly!

Zoonma

Apr 13, 2019
An angry rolling bear sounds pretty fucking terrifying to me
Its true, they will slow down a lot to keep their balance and run kind of like sideways. But even if you lose sight of one, keep running in that case. Some species tend to track you for miles, days in the woods. Some are not so bad, like black bears, but brown bears are horrible creatures. If you see a brown bear and you plan to camp that night, forget it. Its not worth the risk to have a brown bear barge into your tent at 2am like 10 miles away from when you saw it. They also have the habit of ambushing you. I know a lot of stories about bears and they do not end well. In my many encounters, I am glad it never ended up like in those cases.

• Wow
Reactions: Aurelius Ambrosius

Gambit33

Apr 10, 2023
Its true, they will slow down a lot to keep their balance and run kind of like sideways. But even if you lose sight of one, keep running in that case. Some species tend to track you for miles, days in the woods. Some are not so bad, like black bears, but brown bears are horrible creatures. If you see a brown bear and you plan to camp that night, forget it. Its not worth the risk to have a brown bear barge into your tent at 2am like 10 miles away from when you saw it. They also have the habit of ambushing you. I know a lot of stories about bears and they do not end well. In my many encounters, I am glad it never ended up like in those cases.
Bad advice. You don't run from bears, that triggers their hunting instinct, and you can't outrun bears anyway (pollar bears are the slowest and they still reach 40km per hour).

What you do depends on the bear and the situation you encounter it.

NEVER get in between a momma bear and her cubs. If you do try walking away backwards while looking at the bear ( but don't stare into its eyes they might see it as a challenge) at a steady pace and don't make any threatening moves or alternatively play dead.

Generally you do one of three things:

You make yourself bigger and scream aggressively in case of black bear, you make yourself smaller, play dead and pray in case of brown bear, or you make peace with the fact that you are going to die in case of pollar bear( since they are pure carnivores).

Or even better carry bear spray and a gun , keep them handy and learn how to use them.

Last edited:
Reactions: whoabacha

macadoo

Oct 4, 2018
I remember a Boy's Life Boy Scout magazine article about camping when I was a kid. Part of it was about where to store food safely. They suggested not storing the bacon under your pillow on your camp bed or you might wake up the next morning without a head. I always thought that was funny.

Reactions: Southrim

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
I remember a Boy's Life Boy Scout magazine article about camping when I was a kid. Part of it was about where to store food safely. They suggested not storing the bacon under your pillow on your camp bed or you might wake up the next morning without a head. I always thought that was funny.
Hmmmmmm......
"waking up .... without a head."
Means you're dead......
Unless.... giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: naughtyroad
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes