InvaderZim

Jun 18, 2019
I certainly live on a very steady diet of Black metal in it's various forms, so growling/screaming is the good stuff.

For me it's pretty much the opposite with regards to clean vocals, just a short section of it makes me think "Aaaand the backstreet boys have entered the song", and it's ruined. It's mostly American metal that's the sinner though, something about how they go about it is just wrong. I think it's the strong pop music influences in the singing style.

I blame The Ramones. They took cheesy bubblegum pop and dressed it in a punk rock skin-suit.

Lots of European bands do metal with mixed and even only clean vocals and I'm totally fine with it.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
'Tis true; but the trebuchets are cocked and loaded in preparation for bears seeking to gain entrance to the keep within, no matter their proclivities and provocations. The right to arm against bears shall not be infringed and what good is a trebuchet if not used when necessary? Only a good guy with a trebuchet can stop a marauding bear.
Talking about characters in religious texts doing the naughty with their daughters or other inappropriate people should be on-topic.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Talking about characters in religious texts doing the naughty with their daughters or other inappropriate people should be on-topic.
In this thread, that would be a definite. However, I think you missed the now appropriately deleted page of posts that this references (though there is one errant post quoting the bear in there somewhere).

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
We are almost there, we almost summoned Satan into this world...
View attachment 2768365
We are almost at page 666! God save the girls, witches and Brooke!
Yes, it would be great for Naughty Road to give us a special Coven render for page 666...
In this thread, that would be a definite. However, I think you missed the now appropriately deleted page of posts that this references (though there is one errant post quoting the bear in there somewhere).
For that, I should probably give thanks...

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
This would look really great as a resin scale model I think. I can see myself putting this in my bookshelf.
For a while there, MixedDimensions did great full color 3d prints off of daz models, and I even ordered on of M+D with them. It looks fantastic, much better than I thought it would right down to logos on shirts and everything. But the daz license didn't allow for 3d prints other than for private use, so that didn't go anywhere. Then daz3d added 3d printing licenses to a ton of their products, and I'm thinking hard about preparing some model to release in some form, but at the same time Daz revamps its associate program (apparently they were paying people to create plugins to their store and products), so MixedDimensions pulls their support for that plugin. Oh well. :(

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
For a while there, MixedDimensions did great full color 3d prints off of daz models, and I even ordered on of M+D with them. It looks fantastic, much better than I thought it would right down to logos on shirts and everything. But the daz license didn't allow for 3d prints other than for private use, so that didn't go anywhere. Then daz3d added 3d printing licenses to a ton of their products, and I'm thinking hard about preparing some model to release in some form, but at the same time Daz revamps its associate program (apparently they were paying people to create plugins to their store and products), so MixedDimensions pulls their support for that plugin. Oh well. :(
Corporations what a bunch of bastards.

Mar 21, 2022
Hey Naughty...thanks for a great game!
Any chance you might port your character models for Macy and Denise to VAM? I'd certainly pay real money for those. Just wondering.

InvaderZim

Jun 18, 2019
I'd be interested in your opinion on now. Are they a candidate to replace bears on trebuchets, or not? Have only discovered them recently and haven't yet made up my mind just yet.
Heard of them, not to them. And since the metal community is stong on absolute opinions, I'd say it is a safe guess there's a not insignificant cohort of "Babymetal, the Trebuchet tour" supporters.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I certainly live on a very steady diet of Black metal in it's various forms, so growling/screaming is the good stuff.

For me it's pretty much the opposite with regards to clean vocals, just a short section of it makes me think "Aaaand the backstreet boys have entered the song", and it's ruined. It's mostly American metal that's the sinner though, something about how they go about it is just wrong. I think it's the strong pop music influences in the singing style.

I blame The Ramones. They took cheesy bubblegum pop and dressed it in a punk rock skin-suit.

Lots of European bands do metal with mixed and even only clean vocals and I'm totally fine with it.

My daughter introduced me to Arch Enemy and i showed her Amon Amarth. Must say the youth keeps the flame alive

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
My daughter introduced me to Arch Enemy and i showed her Amon Amarth. Must say the youth keeps the flame alive
I introduced mine to Opeth, still waiting for her to find a prog death metal band I don't already listen to. One day. We go to all metal gigs together though so the new generation is coming along nicely.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Hey Naughty...thanks for a great game!
Any chance you might port your character models for Macy and Denise to VAM? I'd certainly pay real money for those. Just wondering.
Tbh, I think the chance is low. Using the 3d models as actual 3d objects (rather than rendered out) requires additional Daz3d licenses for the products used, and some products don't even come with that additional license at all. I'd need to delve into seeing if everything used to make the girls would even be available, fork over some dough to acquire them, then look into what's involved in creating and rigging a VAM model. Perhaps I will at some point, but right now my focus is on finishing LomL.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes