ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
It's pretty obvious. Beta testers were selected from volunteers at the $20 tier.

View attachment 2782256

View attachment 2782259
and in ancient times, when the giants of thought walked the earth and inserted floppy disks into computers, beta testers received a salary for testing software products. how the world turned upside down - now beta testers are also required to pay money for their work. Truly marvelous are thy works, O Lord! =) God I feel old...

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
and in ancient times, when the giants of thought walked the earth and inserted floppy disks into computers, beta testers received a salary for testing software products. how the world turned upside down - now beta testers are also required to pay money for their work. Truly marvelous are thy works, O Lord! =) God I feel old...
Floppy is cool but nowadays I can't plug in my floppy drive on these modern contraptions called PC.
I dearly reminisce the days of the Desktop computer.
Ooh, happy days We're old.gif

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
And with multi-million dollar budget AAA titles, they still do. But this is a game being made out of a guy's home office who pulls in less per year in subscriptions than over half the population of working adults in Europe and North America while logging more than 2500+ hours per year. And no one is required to do shit. They also get to see all the lewd content before anyone else does - so it's a tit-for-tat.

And I'm probably older than you...

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
And with multi-million dollar budget AAA titles, they still do. But this is a game being made out of a guy's home office who pulls in less per year in subscriptions than over half the population of working adults in Europe and North America while logging more than 2500+ hours per year. And no one is required to do shit. They also get to see all the lewd content before anyone else does - so it's a tit-for-tat.

And I'm probably older than you...
Well said. Very few Indi dev's make what they deserve to. I won't lie I do wish the updates were a bit faster but I can wait because as has been pointed out this dev when he releases an update it's a lot of content not 5-20 minutes... it's always good quality as well so I am willing to wait.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'll be honest I get really disappointed when I see people complain about the wait for an update
(I'm not talking about the post above me)
Naughty works his butt of to bring us one of the greatest games on here.
The writing especially really pulls me in
The games just makes me feel so many emotions It's damn near perfect imo

Asphyxia

Dec 17, 2016
I'll be honest I get really disappointed when I see people complain about the wait for an update
(I'm not talking about the post above me)
Naughty works his butt of to bring us one of the greatest games on here.
The writing especially really pulls me in
The games just makes me feel so many emotions It's damn near perfect imo
Oh, for sure. The game is one of the best around, perhaps the best ever in this genre, and the work put into it is worth the wait, but. I can see why people would get impatient or annoyed, it has been a while after all. It's not unreasonable for people to get antsy when the wait has been over 18 months, even if the wait is worth it.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Oh, for sure. The game is one of the best around, perhaps the best ever in this genre, and the work put into it is worth the wait, but. I can see why people would get impatient or annoyed, it has been a while after all. It's not unreasonable for people to get antsy when the wait has been over 18 months, even if the wait is worth it.
Yeah, I suppose.
I have always waited a long time for games.
So I'm used to waiting.
Look at the elder scrolls we won't see a new one of those for at least four years.
Great games like LomL take time

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Tbh, I'm amazed myself. I put it up as a top tier reward because, frankly, I don't do crap wrt creating supporter benefits, as I prefer to spend my precious time on the game itself as much as possible, and it was one of the few things I could think of which required virtually no effort from my side.
In addition, I was hoping that tying it to the top tier would keep the public contact area as low as possible and keep damage to a minimum, in case I effed up catastrophically.

I never figured people'd actually sign up or tier up for it, especially since the public release is just a week or so behind the beta, and they're getting a rougher, unpolished, buggy version of that for their trouble.

I'm really, really grateful for all the beta testers that test it thoroughly, combing through the steaming pile that will be the beta release and help me correct my many, many slip-ups and gaffs. But I can't stress this enough: the beta's not the best possible experience to have on your first playthrough, and I'd urge anyone who wants that to wait for the official release.

Of course, if you still wanna toss a few coins my way anyway, I'm not gonna complain about that. :D

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
It's not bear gay if your "giving" sweet love? Just on the receiving end!?
There are actually two rules regarding this matter. Two men can engage in sexual activity without being homosexual.

1 - The two men should not make eye contact during the act, otherwise it becomes gay.
2 - It is absolutely crucial, I repeat, CRUCIAL, when two men are sitting next to each other, for example, at a bar while drinking beer, that the hair on their forearms touches. In that case, it becomes extremely gay.

I think these rules can apply between a man and a bear. BUT one must be VERY careful because bears have very hairy forearms.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
There are actually two rules regarding this matter. Two men can engage in sexual activity without being homosexual.

1 - The two men should not make eye contact during the act, otherwise it becomes gay.
2 - It is absolutely crucial, I repeat, CRUCIAL, when two men are sitting next to each other, for example, at a bar while drinking beer, that the hair on their forearms touches. In that case, it becomes extremely gay.

I think these rules can apply between a man and a bear. BUT one must be VERY careful because bears have very hairy forearms.
They do look both hairy and scary. Better do a dozen tequila slammers first!

Edit: then none's the wiser the morning after

Reactions: UncleNanard

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Since I'm presently unemployed I've gotta wait for the EuroJackpot win to toss you some unmarked bills.
In a brown paper bag!
Sorry to break it to you but my wife prays every sunday for the "euromillionen" and if you win this before i do i can guarantee that she will bring a new crusade right to your doorstep. Because there is no way the lord himself is choosing someone else than her......

Now excuse me i have to pray she never reads this. :ROFLMAO:

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Sorry to break it to you but my wife prays every sunday for the "euromillionen" and if you win this before i do i can guarantee that she will bring a new crusade right to your doorstep. Because there is no way the lord himself is choosing someone else than her......

Now excuse me i have to pray she never reads this. :ROFLMAO:
Please flick in a good word on my behalf as well!

• Haha
Reactions: Miðgarðsormr
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes