TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Just jumping in.

For what it's worth, this upcoming chapter update has reportedly around 10,000 images in it (if I recall reading that correctly - please correct me if not). This isn't a dev dragging his feet for one plus years. I usually see 300 or so images in an update from many devs on this site. So the math makes it 30-odd updates all at once. I am good with that.

The simpler statement -> I am actually glad NR has decided to do it all at once rather than in tiny snippets. But then maybe that is just me.

Carry on!
Personally I prefer whichever method works better for the dev in question. Some devs prefer small frequent updates others prefer huge infrequent ones, and some can only do small and also infrequent. As long as they keep on trucking and don't get burned out, I'm good with whatever.

Ru1n

Feb 8, 2021
i understand all that and it is well and good and i agree for the most part but when other game devs see game devs like this one and insestor taking as long as they are and still walking away with the bag they will take note and in return follow their example and many players will suffer if we don't hold these game devs accoutable they will think they can get away with anything but maybe i care too much and am wrong for that who knows
Literally nobody's forcing people to pay, simple as that, if you throw away your money it's on you.
Do you think mobile and gacha games are fair? It's business, you think blizzard wanted to make a good game for their players with diablo immortal or they wanted to make a ton of money by exploiting the weakness of gambling addicts?
Also don't forget nowdays even big companies give out unfinished trash ass games, people pay good money to be literal beta testers, i've said before and say it again, pre-ordering ruined gaming.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
it's these kind of people that support these game devs are the first ones to say they are wise and have common sense and have high IQ and say they deserve to win the lottery but will blow their money on patreon on game devs that don't deserve it who take 1 year and 7 month going on 8 month to come out with a update you tell me that makes sense you have game devs that have jobs also and family and come out with updates every so months and dont make excuses on my they cant but this game dev and incestor make every excuse in the book but be it as it may who am i like you said to say anything to anyone on how they spend their money just don't say you have common sense if you do spend on game devs like these.
Dude you're literally tilting at windmills. You've created the strawest man of all time to strawman.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
i think the way it is with game devs when they are beginning out they are hungry and eager for success they put out updates on a regular to gain supporters but after so many hundreds and thousands of supporters and making so much money they get lazy, relaxed and comforable and think their supporers will go no where and alway support them so they take forever to come out with updates like what we are seeing with so many game devs today.
We all know what you think, you don't have to keep repeating it.

Ru1n

Feb 8, 2021
i think the way it is with game devs when they are beginning out they are hungry and eager for success they put out updates on a regular to gain supporters but after so many hundreds and thousands of supporters and making so much money they get lazy, relaxed and comforable and think their supporers will go no where and alway support them so they take forever to come out with updates like what we are seeing with so many game devs today.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: stupidcat

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
i for one will laugh my ass off when the game update releases and after all the hype and waiting for it it's absolute garbage but i'm sure the fanboys will defend the game dev and still praise the update but you can only defend and praise for so long until the numbers of hateful comments take hold and the proof is self evident but i might be wrong and the update is grand and wonderful so i'll hold my judgement until then but let me be the one to say it first the hype this game update is getting might be a good thing now but if it's garbage on release day then i feel sorry for the game dev and all the fanboys will look stupid for defending such a game but if it's a great update i will be the first to say i was wrong and tell the game dev good job.
What suspense! You left it to absolutely the last possible moment to reveal that you do, in fact, know that punctuation exists! Capitalization has, however, completely escaped your awareness.

What a sentence! And going forward you repeat the feat, again and again!
Are you actually criticizing a writer? In any way at all?

Last edited:

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
i bet you would give up the ability to write well, spell well and do math in order to be a multi-millionare because we have those in this world today people who never even finshed high school becoming very very rich and you say i'm a dummy people go to college for 4 years come out of it with a degree working at starbucks not even making 50k a year and then those people not even finshing high school and having a basic education becoming a mulit-million in a couple years never working again who is smarter ?
The amount of people who become multi-millionaires without some form of tertiary education is still significantly lower than those without. And the amount of those who do it without basic literacy or numeracy is equal to the amount of people who inherit money from their parents

ED Anyway, how about them bears?

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
i bet you would give up the ability to write well, spell well and do math in order to be a multi-millionare because we have those in this world today people who never even finshed high school becoming very very rich and you say i'm a dummy people go to college for 4 years come out of it with a degree working at starbucks not even making 50k a year and then those people not even finshing high school and having a basic education becoming a mulit-million in a couple years never working again who is smarter ?
I'm sorry. Apparently you misunderstood me. I was having fun with the structure of your writing, because the content was both misinformed and uninteresting.
And no, at this point in my life, becoming rich holds no particular fascination.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
The difference is that naughtyroad has a discord and patreon. Even if you pay 0 money towards him you can join the discord and see the weekly progress, certain development stages and see for yourself if he talks BS and does nothing or if he actually worked on the game. I believe we call this "transparency"

ICSTOR on the other hand tells us nothing. Doesn't interact with his audience, supporters or anyone at all about what the hell he is even doing between entire months. Claims stuff that no one can verify, goes silent for months or years and even after alot of complaints and questions ignores all of them and continues with whatever he was doing or not doing in the first place.

So those 2 have a huge difference in their approach how to handle such a problem. I would not compare them at all in that regard.

One does work and is very transparent in what he is doing and the other goes silent for months or years with 0 information on wtf is going on.

Thats the very reason you can bash one in the other thread to your hearts content and here you get shut down pretty fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Do you think pops first instinct is to try and hide everything from Denise or be straight up to her about Macy?
Good question I honestly have know idea
How that is going to play out
I think we will find out in the next chapter tho

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I'm not on the discord but out of curiosity how can you actually verify Naughty is doing anything he actually says he is doing? Is it just the development chart you guys post here because if it is it seems like I could just as easily say that I have contributed 5k hours to this update and make you a chart. That being said I don't think Naughty is like Icstor but blind faith is how we get bad devs like Icstor that negatively effect all new devs because people have been burnt monetarily by the bad ones.
Not sure on what you want to know. Both patreon and discord is for me read only as i don't have the time to be everywhere. But from what i have seen we can verify that naughty works on the game based on the following stuff.

1. Wallpapers. (Would be kinda stupid to make those but not work on the game.)
2. Discussions about problem who arised during working on the update.
3. Venting on problems that arise during development time.
4. Patreon posts about writers block (yes that is a real issue if you overwork yourself as writer)

And from the top of my head alot of other stuff that you witness on discord i am to lazy to describe in full detail.

Basically the amount of effort on both discord and patreon just to scam people would actually be more work than to just work on the game and ignore every question, critique and help attempts from the community.

While there is no 100% to verify the amount of work done till we play the update. So far nothing i saw, read or experienced indicates anything shady going on.
If people however wanna imply stuff (which some do) and they argue that is their right. Naughty and the forum mods also have the right to ban, silence or remove said individuals from discord, patreon, this board and this thread.

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
Good question I honestly have know idea
How that is going to play out
I think we will find out in the next chapter tho
Yeah, not sure myself. I wouldn't be surprised if the chapter climax is either MC coming clean to Denise and Macy, or Denise enginrering a situation to reveal everything. That would leave the whole of next chapter to explore the ramifications.

ED speling nut so gud

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm not on the discord but out of curiosity how can you actually verify Naughty is doing anything he actually says he is doing? Is it just the development chart you guys post here because if it is it seems like I could just as easily say that I have contributed 5k hours to this update and make you a chart. That being said I don't think Naughty is like Icstor but blind faith is how we get bad devs like Icstor that negatively effect all new devs because people have been burnt monetarily by the bad ones.
Well, the last claim, first - about money: the developer has been very clear since the beginning about money, and repeatedly: #10,434

As for the middle part - Miðgarðsormr explains well.

Also, with the progress chart, that's a long fucking con and to go to that extreme for about 70-80 weeks. It would be more profitable for a person to release piddling 10 minute updates every two months. That, instead of being accused, berated, belittled while active in this thread for the 18 months since the last update.

As for your thesis - the game is in beta testing with trusted supporters.

Finally, who cares? We're not paying a dime for this game. The game is free directly from the developer. If it takes him 2 months, 2 years, 20 years - we're not out anything. The developer owes us nothing - not even the patreons who subscribe to him. They are currently getting what their subscriptions state they get. While there would be great disappointment and grown adults crying in their beer and whisky - we would move on.

A very small minority of people who come to F95 ever consider subscribing to a creator or paying for content they initially download from here. I find it interesting that some people who come to this site specifically to download content with the sole purpose of not having to pay or subscribe to do so, to effectively cheat developers out of income/contributions, then imply or accuse developers of cheating them/others.

Bronko83

Sep 29, 2020
No matter what, it will be a great game, I loved every second of this so far, even though the models were not that appealing in the first place, but man I love the model. It's realistic in a way, yet it has its comic style. I'm in love with this shit, and can't wait to see the upcoming update.

naughtyroad you did the best game in this genre ever. No one's ever gonna outsmart you, you deliver diamonds. I'll iven consider to donate for this beauty

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes