ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
How fucking stupid did this game become today?

Like, you marry your daughters or something?

What? Marry? Your daughters?
sir forgot about the institution of civil marriage. for this it is enough to regard each other as husband and wife. and live together in harmony. the sir must be surprised at this kind of revelation. yet this is reality.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Dammit naughtyroad stop making my eyes leak. This is easily one of the best written games on this site. I like how the chef's running commentary shifted along with the conversation in the kitchen, while they cooked together, to match the feelings of our little family. Also, if there was anymore innuendo, especially unintentional(on the part of Mrs. Farthingsworth) innuendo, I fully expected Mr Roper to come barging into the room. If you are American and over 50, then you get that reference, if not check out some YT clips from "Three's Company". It was a late 70's, early 80's sitcom about a guy living with two girls(sound familiar), full of unintended innuendo that their landlord(Mr Roper) always heard and misinterpreted.

Also, the comedic lines in this chapter were on point, especially about Zarah's blind dates.

I imagine I am not the only one to rename the balls Thunder and Lightning, which kind of worked out pretty well with the morning dialogue where each one of them claimed one for themselves

Last edited:

Lyingbastard

Sep 5, 2020
Saw someone's comment that the girls were ugly. I gotta strongly disagree. They do look different because they're not your typical white / pseudo-asian love interests that are so common in these games.

They look Meso-American, particularly of Mayan heritage, like a lot of people from Guatemala, the Yucatan, and other parts of Latin America.

The older daughter in particular looks a bit like a younger Maria Mercedes Coroy, a Guatemalan Mayan actress (she played Namor's mom in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever). The younger reminds me a bit of Mina Sundwall from Lost in Space.

but everyone's tastes are different, I suppose.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Saw someone's comment that the girls were ugly. I gotta strongly disagree. They do look different because they're not your typical white / pseudo-asian love interests that are so common in these games.

They look Meso-American, particularly of Mayan heritage, like a lot of people from Guatemala, the Yucatan, and other parts of Latin America.

The older daughter in particular looks a bit like a younger Maria Mercedes Coroy, a Guatemalan Mayan actress (she played Namor's mom in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever). The younger reminds me a bit of Mina Sundwall from Lost in Space.

but everyone's tastes are different, I suppose.
Yeah, the only character in the game that looks like the standard Daz3D model is the "weird" Thigh Gap proprietor. I like that these characters don't look like every other character in most games. I am also a big fan of the big, brown areola and eraser nips. To me, they look a little like some pure blood Italian women. Maybe a little Greek mixed in there.

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
can't get my old save to work
Rich (BB code):
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4540, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1177, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 770, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1401, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 279, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1138, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1071, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 368, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 375, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 813, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 1108, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 908, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/rollback.py", line 826, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Ren'Py 7.6.1.23060707
Light of my Life 0.7.0
Sat Aug 12 15:06:05 2023
takes me to a new game after clicking "ignore".
am i really going to have to hold skip for so long

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
i'm curious, why does the mom look like a giantess in the last dream? she never explained that to macy either.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes