TAGELD

May 18, 2019
Every time I read the name of the VN I can't help but read it in Freddy Mercury's voice. And it's not even what he says in that song!

• Haha
Reactions: InvaderZim

GafD

Jun 7, 2020
allow app through firewall , tried a couple of compatibility mode , fullscream opt off , run as admin.. nothing work man , game just take 5-10s to open (small window) then crash

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
allow app through firewall , tried a couple of compatibility mode , fullscream opt off , run as admin.. nothing work man , game just take 5-10s to open (small window) then crash
Make sure your OS is up to date. Make sure your drivers - particularly your video drivers - are up to date. If they are and you are still having problems - what are your computer's specs? CPU, GPU, RAM, OS Version, 32-bit or 64-bit, Year it was new (if known). For example:

CPU: i5-4660
GPU: NVidia 630GT
RAM: 16 GB
Year: 2013

GafD

Jun 7, 2020
Make sure your OS is up to date. Make sure your drivers - particularly your video drivers - are up to date. If they are and you are still having problems - what are your computer's specs? CPU, GPU, RAM, OS Version, 32-bit or 64-bit, Year it was new (if known). For example:

CPU: i5-4660
GPU: NVidia 630GT
RAM: 16 GB
Year: 2013
Cpu: Ryzen7 5800x
Gpu:Rtx 3070
Ram: 64gb
Year:2022 around December

os/gpu is up to date and i dont really have other drivers ?

40kk

Sep 2, 2019
I see that others are having the same issues with it loading and then crashing. I’m playing on an android tablet… OS up to date, can anyone give me some help on this please?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Cpu: Ryzen7 5800x
Gpu:Rtx 3070
Ram: 64gb
Year:2022 around December

os/gpu is up to date and i dont really have other drivers ?
And you're using LightofmyLife.exe to run, not Lightofmylife-32.exe? Your system should easily run this VN. The directory path is all Unicode characters? Is your audio card driver up to date? At least some past versions of Ren'Py had issues if it couldn't find the audio card or had other audio problems. If you are using USB/Bluetooth speakers/headphones, try plugging headphones/speakers into the 3.5 mm jack to see if that might help. I know it sounds off the wall, but it's one of those things I ran into in the past.
I see that others are having the same issues with it loading and then crashing. I’m playing on an android tablet… OS up to date, can anyone give me some help on this please?
The developer is aware and has already stated in the thread that he is trying to find a solution.

GafD

Jun 7, 2020
And you're using LightofmyLife.exe to run, not Lightofmylife-32.exe? Your system should easily run this VN. The directory path is all Unicode characters? Is your audio card driver up to date? At least some past versions of Ren'Py had issues if it couldn't find the audio card or had other audio problems. If you are using USB/Bluetooth speakers/headphones, try plugging headphones/speakers into the 3.5 mm jack to see if that might help. I know it sounds off the wall, but it's one of those things I ran into in the past.

The developer is aware and has already stated in the thread that he is trying to find a solution.
updated realtek drivers , tried 3.5mm jack still doesnt work

edit LightofmyLife-0.7.0-pc\LightofmyLife-0.7.0-pc\lib\python2.7\winreg file name __init__ .pyo , idk what you were referring to but except these all look legit

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm at a loss ... have you tried this from the Ren'Py site?

If upgrading your video drivers does not fix the problem, you should consider switching video renderers, using the following steps.​
  1. Hold down Shift while starting Ren'Py, or press Shift+G once Ren'Py has started.
  2. From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use.
  3. Choose "Quit", then restart Ren'Py.
We suggest trying the GL and ANGLE renderers. The GLES renderers may not function on desktop hardware.​

GafD

Jun 7, 2020
I'm at a loss ... have you tried this from the Ren'Py site?

If upgrading your video drivers does not fix the problem, you should consider switching video renderers, using the following steps.​
  1. Hold down Shift while starting Ren'Py, or press Shift+G once Ren'Py has started.
  2. From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use.
  3. Choose "Quit", then restart Ren'Py.
We suggest trying the GL and ANGLE renderers. The GLES renderers may not function on desktop hardware.​
alright renpy 7.6.1 does the same , i think thats the problem

edit shift click open doesnt crash then i can change render to ANGLE renderers make it work thanks :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado

aurora0

Jun 15, 2021
will all currently available scenes appear in the gallery if I choose to open it at the very beginning? i think i missed something

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes