TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
the game was always a MTL shitfest and you didn't even notice.
Correction, I didn't remember. I haven't genuinely played the game in at least a year, probably longer.
And no, the screenshots are not cherrypicked. Every single one of them was taken within 5 minutes of booting the game. It looked like MTL on minute 1, and surprise surprise it was still MTL on minute 5.
They're cherrypicked in that they're surrounded by properly translated dialogue that you're completely ignoring. Of course something is going to stand out when it doesn't look like what's around it.
the interface is 100% MTL
It isn't.
dialogue is possibly slightly edited MTL with plenty of lines "forgotten" and left in their MTL poetry glory.
You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The futa route is 100% MTL, but as I stated previously, the vast majority of the male route is fully translated.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
This honestly just proves my point, the game was always a MTL shitfest and you didn't even notice. And no, the screenshots are not cherrypicked. Every single one of them was taken within 5 minutes of booting the game. It looked like MTL on minute 1, and surprise surprise it was still MTL on minute 5. I didn't play 70 hours and cherrypick a line of dialogue in super secret side mission 69 hours in.

Just take the L, correct the OP and say that the interface is 100% MTL, dialogue is possibly slightly edited MTL with plenty of lines "forgotten" and left in their MTL poetry glory.

#1 If this is for the most up to date version which is 4.0 as far as I know, unless there was some other bugfix version or something since then, it literally says this on the (1st) front page:
1704003035109.png
(this could not be updated though, I don't know)

#2 You weren't forced to play a "mtled" game, people like you that just hate mtl because it sounds like gibberish are a special kind of entitled and ungrateful, especially when you're getting a game for free, and it might be the only available option unless you magically know japanese at the time, aka better than nothing, at least the game is playable and you're not playing guess work when it's in raw japanese. Also back in the day there was rarely or no machine translation options/tools available, also tools to properly play japanese games on a English computer as well.

#3 If you think you can do a better job translating the game, then by all means, please do so. The expression "Put up or shut up" comes into mind here, and this goes to all people complaining about anything with a game, not just translating.

#4 You are most definitely cherry picking, you're choosing something from the as you put it: "first 5 minutes of the game", that's a small portion of the game versus the whole thing.

"Cherry picking is a logical fallacy where someone focuses only on evidence that supports their stance, while ignoring evidence that contradicts it."

I really can't stand people that are highly entitled, and highly ungrateful when someone takes the time to translate something for FREE! It doesn't matter what quality it is, some do cream of the crop translations, some do mtl and edit it, because they don't know japanese and are picking up translating as a hobby/passion.

If people didn't make Machine translation available quite a lot of us including myself, wouldn't even be able to play these japanese games without guess work. Hence why translations of any decent quality are appreciated.

TLDR; appreciate that someone took the time to translate a game to make it bearable/playable for people that don't know japanese. Also 2 reasons this thread most likely won't be getting updated, 1. it's from November 2020, and 2. like a lot of posts on this forum, moreso older ones, they don't get updated at all most of the time.

Last edited:

deadbeatdude

May 24, 2018
*insert MTL shill arguments here*
Yeah none of that is actually worth replying to. But if you think MTL makes anything bearable or playable, you're either an ESL or you're straight re(moved for rule 1.1 violation). I'm glad we live in the universe were most of the actual good eroge came out before MTL tools were prevalent. MTL'd Fate/Stay Night would've definitely made me a cereal killer (RIP Cap'n Crunch).

Anyways, what probably happened is that both routes were MTL'd originally, and then the male route had a new REAL translation added later, with some lines and shit missed. I know all of the drain scenes are MTL'd still, regardless of if you do Male or Futa MC. For the story, at least when I played it last, the translation was mostly solid.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
*insert assumptions here

Games don't usually get translated most of the time, so you kind of have to make do, and mtl is the make do part most of the time. I would rather have an understanding of the game, I can from a good mtl tool aka m tool, make out most stuff and see what it's trying to say. Yes it's not perfect, nothing is.

M tool is one of the better machine translation tools out there, and I only use the free version, I'm sure the paid is tons better.

I prefer actual translations any day, so it's either, enjoy the game with an available tool, play the game without one and have no idea of anything I'm doing/what's going on, and not get to enjoy the game at all by using available tools. All of this while waiting and hoping on an actual translation, sometimes you'll be hopeless waiting forever, or someone will bless it with a translation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: deadbeatdude

sugarv

Aug 15, 2018
All of this while waiting and hoping on an actual translation, sometimes you'll be hopeless waiting forever, or someone will bless it with a translation.
I'm happy we got some sort of translation for the game, but part of me feels like getting the male translation only has killed any chance of getting the female route translated. I doubt the average translator wants to pick up a project from where someone else left off, and so far pretty much every other recent circletecka game has been fully translated EXCEPT this one, which seems to confirm my suspicion. So in the process of the game being blessed with a translation, ironically it feels more hopeless than ever in some respects.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
I'm happy we got some sort of translation for the game, but part of me feels like getting the male translation only has killed any chance of getting the female route translated. I doubt the average translator wants to pick up a project from where someone else left off, and so far pretty much every other recent circletecka game has been fully translated EXCEPT this one, which seems to confirm my suspicion. So in the process of the game being blessed with a translation, ironically it feels more hopeless than ever in some respects.
Fate extra ccc (psp game) never came to north america, only just recently did it get fully translated. It also got tossed around from multiple groups being translated, and I think it got completely started over again each time. That took 10 years or so or more. Sakura wars same thing, we got 1 game, the 5th in the series. The 1st one just got translated a couple of years ago, they're working on the 2nd one now. It took them 10+ years to do that.

It takes a lot to translate, I would think everyone prefers translation to machine translation. These people that translate are translating a pretty hard language to decipher, and taking time out of their life to do this. Most don't do it professionally like companies (which I can't stand anyway, because they botch the localization of it in all kinds of ways), that's a whole other rabbit hole though. This is also being done for free vs the company side of things.

TLDR; Sometimes translations happen, and when they do it's great to see. As I said above, sometimes a project is completely canned, then passed off and started from scratch who knows how many times. So yes I can understand what you're saying, but if someone wants to translate it they do, if they don't, they don't. That's reality, it sucks. Plenty of other stuff to consume and enjoy while you wait. I mentioned fate extra ccc, because that's the closest example I can think of what you said, and it did get started from scratch each time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: deadbeatdude

Cinders

Jun 11, 2018
The game says there's a "short free epilogue on ci-en" in the attached txt file, but I couldn't find the text file. Does someone have a link?

jyristin

Aug 11, 2017
I have but don't know how can post it...
click upload files then share the link once upload is complete. i dont know if you can upload a whole folder without using winrar or equivalent to make it into a zip file first. if that is too difficult then you propably can just upload the individual save files separately if the game has multiple in the folder

hime84m

May 25, 2022
I have a problem where the all the animations get messed up for some reason.Not sure what might be the cause , but for some reason the the animation on the opening title does work normally.

1709651042639.png

kiaaas

Jan 18, 2020
I'm not sure what you mean , my pc runns everything else fine, and only the animations of the game bug out , nothing else.
This issue was caused by AMD graphic drivers a while back. Performing a fresh reinstall of your graphic drivers may fix the issue.

4.90 star(s) 22 Votes