Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

well , incest makes no sense to me atm
but idk how the story unfolds later
so yeah get em what they want , hope it makes sense

thanks for the update btw :cool:
Well if you played the game, you'd know that the whole starting point of the story is to rescue Gwen, which in essence was originally written as your sister... I did have to change it to betrothed becasue of patreon rules.

Also the only one you've actually seen die is the king, and this is also on purpose ;)

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
This was fixed two versions ago. There is NO forced sex in this VN. All sex scenes are optional. The discussion now is about future relationship scores and relationship branching for the potential LI's.
That's not entirely true. In the date with the elves you can not avoid the scene. screenshot0002.png

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Wow, this MC just ran away and left his mom to die. You should have shown her getting diced up by that demon before he runs away to drive home the point that there wasn't anything he could do to save her. Right now, he just comes off as a giant pussy who didn't fight to protect his family. If that was the intended characterization, I'm fine with it, but something tells me that's not what you were going for.

Not to mention that handjob from Jez during the attack that massacres his entire family is woefully misplaced. It's almost impossible to take the story seriously at this point. Again, if that is the intended tone you want to set for the story, who am I to argue... but was it...?
This has been discussed before in this thread and some changes have been introduced already. Joubei has noted in the past that this is meant to be a "coming of age" experience for the Prince. He begins the story as a young, naive and somewhat spoiled elite. Thus, his feeble attempts to fight back. His world gets burned to the ground around him and his growth as a heroic adventurer begins. The sexual advances made by Jezebel were (and perhaps still are) one of the main points of contention in the early story. Trust me when I say - it does have context later. For now, you can reject her advances and it fits a bit better.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Well she was scared, and cold, and it just happened...
there will be an option later on to push her off you,
BUT she does push herself off you like 2 seconds after...
I'm not judging what you do, it's your game and you do it as you want. I was just saying that at this time it is not avoidable.

Reactions: motseer

thundersamaz

Jun 29, 2020
I haven't played the new patch yet, but from the discussion....I wonder how that alchemist chick knew about the magic cum. Thanks for the update brudah.

Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I'm not judging what you do, it's your game and you do it as you want. I was just saying that at this time it is not avoidable.
I haven't gotten to that point in the update yet but, I don't doubt what you say. The scene with Jezebel was similar in the release version. That was fixed because of comments like yours. Joubei has said this will be adjusted as well. Just keep in mind that this is a WIP and Joubei encourages this type of constructive criticism.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
I haven't gotten to that point in the update yet but, I don't doubt what you say. The scene with Jezebel was similar in the release version. That was fixed because of comments like yours. Joubei has said this will be adjusted as well. Just keep in mind that this is a WIP and Joubei encourages this type of constructive criticism.
I never liked telling a developer what to do (I can warn about bugs and things like that), for me the most important thing in a game is to be able to choose, whether it's a harem or not. If I can do it perfect and if I can't I play another game. But I think that each developer should make the story they want and not adapt it to the tastes of the players.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
I never liked telling a developer what to do (I can warn about bugs and things like that), for me the most important thing in a game is to be able to choose, whether it's a harem or not. If I can do it perfect and if I can't I play another game. But I think that each developer should make the story they want and not adapt it to the tastes of the players.
The main idea and I focused for now on the acts themselves, you could avoid all of them.

With that said, there are 2 specific times (in season 2) that you need to have sex with 2 of the LIs as part of the story, but there's a good reason for it - pretty much to save them for the first and to save the kingdom for the second.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
This has been discussed before in this thread and some changes have been introduced already. Joubei has noted in the past that this is meant to be a "coming of age" experience for the Prince. He begins the story as a young, naive and somewhat spoiled elite. Thus, his feeble attempts to fight back. His world gets burned to the ground around him and his growth as a heroic adventurer begins. The sexual advances made by Jezebel were (and perhaps still are) one of the main points of contention in the early story. Trust me when I say - it does have context later. For now, you can reject her advances and it fits a bit better.
Fair enough. Right after the castle attack, we see the necessary characterization of the MC when he is spending weeks in the cabin, working up the courage to do... well... anything.

Same goes for that Jez thing. I assume MC has some demon powers (the voices) which is making him act like a horny fuckwad even when his family is supposedly dying around him. And I assume Jez is connected to it somehow.

It's just these actions seem rather inexplicable in the moment. Sure, that's fine if it is properly set up as a mystery box, but I'm not sure if that was achieved.

I have nothing against weak or cowardly protagonists that needs to go through the hero's journey. There was a certain disconnect between me and the story though.

Maybe it was my preconceptions, or maybe the story could go through an editor, but I was probably a bit too hasty in my critiques.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
The main idea and I focused for now on the acts themselves, you could avoid all of them.

With that said, there are 2 specific times (in season 2) that you need to have sex with 2 of the LIs as part of the story, but there's a good reason for it - pretty much to save them for the first and to save the kingdom for the second.
I think it's great that you do it as you want, but you don't have to explain it to me. Anyway thanks for the warning

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Fair enough. Right after the castle attack, we see the necessary characterization of the MC when he is spending weeks in the cabin, working up the courage to do... well... anything.

Same goes for that Jez thing. I assume MC has some demon powers (the voices) which is making him act like a horny fuckwad even when his family is supposedly dying around him. And I assume Jez is connected to it somehow.

It's just these actions seem rather inexplicable in the moment. Sure, that's fine if it is properly set up as a mystery box, but I'm not sure if that was achieved.

I have nothing against weak or cowardly protagonists that needs to go through the hero's journey. There was a certain disconnect between me and the story though.

Maybe it was my preconceptions, or maybe the story could go through an editor, but I was probably a bit too hasty in my critiques.
One of the main issue I find with most AVNs that none of the characters - and mainly the MC has ANY character arc, no growth at all, and in order to have a proper arc they must start with a deliberate disability or wound (depends on which writing school / book you look at). And grow from there.

I you look at Star Wars as an example, Luke skywalker starts the story on the farm has no interest of becoming a Jedi,
then the empire kills his family and he is forced to go with Obi-One then to Endor train with Yoda and we see him grow through hardship and become more and more of a hero, until 3 movies later he becomes a real hero and actually battles the villain - Darth Vader (and his father).

Also as the story progresses you'll find out more about your powers and abilities.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
I think it's great that you do it as you want, but you don't have to explain it to me. Anyway thanks for the warning
The whole purpose of the F95 community is to have these exact discussions, so eventually I can make the game better.

As I've mentioned previously, many of the changes / fixes that we have in the current update are direct result of these type of discussions here on f95 - but you could also join the discord and we could have - real time discussions with the rest of the community.

Reactions: Sin_Mechero

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Eh, I don't know. Not really feeling this one anymore after this update and from what the dev has been saying. None of our choices matter, and are not going to matter. Might as well make it a kinetic novel at this point if nothing matters. Just rather sucks that instead of giving us choice, dev is going to go with the majority and make everyone use that choice instead, no matter what you pick.

So, don't have choices anymore if they won't matter. Remove them all, and just make it kinetic. Don't leave them there to give people the illusion of choice if it does nothing, as it will just cause an upset. And before you said sexual stuff would be avoidable, and now it's not. As well, with our choices not mattering, they are just skippable, not actually avoidable.

Either way, regardless of that, this update just felt off to me. Like all the characters have the same personality now and talk the same way. They aren't unique or different, except in looks. They all talk and act just like the MC does. It's like listening to one person have a conversation with themself. And then all the modern speak when they are in a medieval setting.

Just not the game for me anymore. Liked the changes that were made to the original at first, but this latest update just kind of turned me away for reasons above. Still, appreciate all you've done with this and wish you the best of luck going forward. Thanks. :)

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
The whole purpose of the F95 community is to have these exact discussions, so eventually I can make the game better.

As I've mentioned previously, many of the changes / fixes that we have in the current update are direct result of these type of discussions here on f95 - but you could also join the discord and we could have - real time discussions with the rest of the community.
I don't do it because there are already many people who complain about these things, I don't want to seem like a child complaining either, the only preference I have is that I don't play games that the Lis are forced at some point. And I know I'm missing out on good games, but I'm like that and I can't help it. But what is clear to me is that I don't want to make you change it for me, there are people for all tastes.
Another thing is that you ask for an opinion for something specific. As you did with the banner for example.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Playing this for the first time, I kind of dont get why this has such high ratings so far.

The renders are good, but that is just kind of a requirement now adays.

The story so far is just silly and the dialog feels off. Like randomly throwing old-timey words in randomly. The prince is rude to his helper, we get it he is immature and full of his position. The king is shown getting murdered while the "sister" and Queen are not, leading me to believe its the same old story of the MC being the only dude in the lives of the girls, having to rescue the queen and sister to let the love start.

And the silly blowjob scene with the alchemist. Like I'm sure that an alchemist has no other means to calm someone down other than to try sucking him off in the middle of the fights. Immidiately followed by her just saying "trust me bro" and staying behind while all the shit is going down and sending mc off by himself. Why wouldnt she just go with him fleeing if she wasnt involved some way.

He runs into the forest, is running away for less than a night and decides to setup camp? He is less than a days walk away, and thinks it safe to just chill there and build up a house? I think this is where I stop. Everything about it so far has just been.....meh and the good renders are not saving this story so far.

Reactions: Faxe10%

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I understand completely. I have the same inclinations but, in a few cases, the dev means to intentionally use F95 as a proving ground and welcomes the critiques while making adjustments as he chooses and where they work for his overall vision. I think that is the case here so, your feedback is welcome I'm sure.

I agree that the scene with Jezebel still could use some adjustment to make it more believable and pertinent to the story. I have discussed it (as have many others) with Jubei and while changes have been made it still protrudes a bit. :whistle: hehe

I also agree that more explanatory dialogue may be helpful in portraying the Prince's internal conflict and struggle. I was a soldier once and I can tell you that fear does not make cowards but the overcoming of it does make heroes.

3.50 star(s) 38 Votes