Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
Can companions even level up?
Yes. Hit harder encounters like imp gangs and they'll level up rapidly. Or you can grab a higher level one from a tougher encounter. Or you can change difficulty settings to spawn a higher level one. But they'll level up at a pace comparable to your own regardless. Typically you should expect them to be 10 or so levels behind. It's also good to pick one fairly early as your primary companion to save time leveling up others and to take your strongest one with you into one of the final fights where they can collect a permanent bonus.

Reactions: jimboinlimbo

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I can't seem to get the level drain thing to trigger. It gives me a toggle to drain but it's always greyed out and always says "this target can't be level drained" in red near the bottom of the toggle description. This is for targets in submission and bat caves ... a human woman, slimeboy, and hellhound so far. Always dom on sub. Does it only work on certain level ranges? What am I missing?
It only works on unique NPC's right now due to a flipped operator somewhere, will be fixed soon though.

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
It only works on unique NPC's right now due to a flipped operator somewhere, will be fixed soon though.
Should probably fix the fact that it gives unique NPC's levels too. So your exp actually increases because they're adding levels not subtracting.

alominus

Oct 8, 2019
This game was pretty good when I first started it, but I quickly realized there was barely any thing to do other than roam around and fuck random NPCs and see the exact same text over and over. Too much work put into the positions, etc. Got to the point where I stopped reading anything and just hit a button over and over until it was done. I think the random NPCs was a badly implemented idea. Maybe unique scripted encounters would have been better imo, and way less work done on all the random dumb options that don't change the game whatsoever other than add a word in. A lot of the side quests are also another complaint. There is no help given to figure out where to go for most of them.

tl/dr: Developer spent far too much effort on the wrong things. No one wants to see the same things over and over.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Can a companion initiate or propose sex on his own ? (dom > sub or sub > dom)
You can allow your slaves to initiate sex when you're alone in the house or Dominion. Due to the way being an active companion overrides their npc schedule, I don't think companions in particular will do so.

Reactions: bouli0

DDetrix

Sep 4, 2017
Sex scenes are all the same there is no elemnt of suprise to them. Rest of the game is great but sadly this core mechanic is bad...
I think they really out did themselves with the sex system. It's true, if you don't care about pregnancy or attempt to be 'pure' the system is rather meaningless. If they added a wear out factor, that would add a sense of concern to the sex scenes.... problem is I think death by screwing is a bit too dark for even this side of the net. Although be more honest to reality... getting rammed by a huge horse cock would kill most humans.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
LT basically copied the sex system of the Era games, particularly EraTohoK. There are a couple issues with this:
1. It's only half-baked and doesn't have half the flexibility of the original.
2. Since TohoK mainly deals with set characters there's custom dialogue for a bunch of girls.
3. Even in TohoK it becomes repetitive after a while so of course the problem is magnified in LT.

I was pretty annoyed when Strive for Power adopted this system as well for the same reasons. It just doesn't work unless you go full autist with it, and if even the Touhou fans in Nihonland aren't there yet a single dev in the UK or Russia certainly won't be either.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Quick question. I'm confused by how the Character Stats (Core Attributes) increase with level. Or don't.

I'm a level 6 human and my physique is 0 (base) + 11 (bonus). I don't think it's changed at all? Arcane is 0 (base) + 21 (bonus). Again I don't think it is changing with level.

Am I missing something?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Quick question. I'm confused by how the Character Stats (Core Attributes) increase with level. Or don't.

I'm a level 6 human and my physique is 0 (base) + 11 (bonus). I don't think it's changed at all? Arcane is 0 (base) + 21 (bonus). Again I don't think it is changing with level.

Am I missing something?
You mainly raise stats through the perk tree (most of the perks are just +3 this and +5 that) or through enchanted gear. You can also make potions for temporary buffs.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
You mainly raise stats through the perk tree (most of the perks are just +3 this and +5 that) or through enchanted gear. You can also make potions for temporary buffs.
Those would be the 'bonus' part of '(base) + (bonus)'.

So I guess that there is just no level adjustment of base values since the perk tree was introduced?

SoulBurner77

Jul 20, 2018
Those would be the 'bonus' part of '(base) + (bonus)'.

So I guess that there is just no level adjustment of base values since the perk tree was introduced?
You had permanent increase with potions in the old system. Now you can enchant your gear for bonus.

Reactions: Anon21

DDetrix

Sep 4, 2017
LT basically copied the sex system of the Era games, particularly EraTohoK. There are a couple issues with this:
1. It's only half-baked and doesn't have half the flexibility of the original.
2. Since TohoK mainly deals with set characters there's custom dialogue for a bunch of girls.
3. Even in TohoK it becomes repetitive after a while so of course the problem is magnified in LT.

I was pretty annoyed when Strive for Power adopted this system as well for the same reasons. It just doesn't work unless you go full autist with it, and if even the Touhou fans in Nihonland aren't there yet a single dev in the UK or Russia certainly won't be either.
What in your opinion is better? A wall of text, static graphics and/or animations? Just curious.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018

Am I missing something?
I haven't played in ages, but there was a change recently in how enchantments are balanced. Basically if you have too many enchantments, your stats get nerfed into the ground. Not really sure why that was what Inno went with, apparently there were a lot of folks not happy with it either, but that could be what you are seeing happen.

Reactions: Shilou

Shilou

Donor
Nov 26, 2018
I haven't played in ages, but there was a change recently in how enchantments are balanced. Basically if you have too many enchantments, your stats get nerfed into the ground. Not really sure why that was what Inno went with, apparently there were a lot of folks not happy with it either, but that could be what you are seeing happen.
Her reasoning was to balance the game. The setting can be turned off in the 'Content Preferences' screen. Just checked, the 'Shattered enchantments' sets Maximum health and aura to 1, and corruption to 100. It shouldn't mess with other stats.

rynak

Jun 20, 2018
While LT has one of the most complex positioning systems for sex, i find it also very frustrating to use for 3 reasons:
1. Changing from one positioning-setup to another takes far too long, mainly because the standard button interface is slow and inefficient, when there are more choices than buttons per page.
2. It's not at all obvious, which actions are possible from which position.
3. Partners - even allies - constantly interfere with actions (read: they block your actions. I.e. she's already fingered bby someone, so you can't fuck her). While this can be turned off manually, doing so again is slow and frustrating, because of the above mentioned limitations of the standard button-interface. And one has to turn it off manually for every single involve actor, AND it costs one turn per actor.

Combine all three of the above, and you get more than the sum of the parts (in a bad way). I have no real solution for #3, other than player actions automatically overriding those of others (especially when you're in the dominant role).

For #1 i think sex-positioning needs a dedicated custom interface. #2 can build right on such an interface, by displaying which actions will be available, while you configure a new position.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
What in your opinion is better? A wall of text, static graphics and/or animations? Just curious.
This is very subjective. Personally I dislike animations because I find them distracting but other people swear by them and almost refuse to play a game without them.

I tend to favor static graphics + dialogue but in a game like LT with so much customization for characters plain text a la CoC is the more feasible solution.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Her reasoning was to balance the game. The setting can be turned off in the 'Content Preferences' screen. Just checked, the 'Shattered enchantments' sets Maximum health and aura to 1, and corruption to 100. It shouldn't mess with other stats.
I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that the chief complaint I heard was that it was poorly balanced, but then again I haven't played in forever, so I have a feeling that was largely hyperbole. Most of what I hear now is either indifference or slightly positive. It was the same with the combat overhaul which I know even less of besides the reactions.

To be fair, I'm an Eve vet going on over a decade and I can attest to people capable of showing deep-seeded disdain for any balancing alteration to the way a game works, regardless of actual merit for said changes, just because people seem to hate having to adapt to changing environments in gameplay. People don't like it when CCP (Eve's devs) dicks with the way things work, even if what they are doing makes things better or more interesting. Doesn't help that Eve is as old as it is, which in turn means we have a broad mix of players from older ones like myself and ones that just showed up less than a month ago. That means wildly differing perspectives on what's good or bad for Eve and the playerbase. It is what it is.

Stick around in Eve long enough and you'll realize that changes that can be an upset are actually sorely needed to keep Eve from dying of atrophy and content stagnation. It gives us older players something new to bite down on and newer players who may have given Eve a pass might be willing to give it another chance. Anyways, sorry I'm rambling.

Reactions: Shilou

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
You had permanent increase with potions in the old system. Now you can enchant your gear for bonus.
Yeah, permanent bonuses from potions would be way too overpowered. Aura enchantment seems pretty weak so far, though, but I guess it's a work in progress.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes