SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
80% of the results come from 20% of the effort. It may seem the feature is almost done, but in reality the amount of work that still remains may well dwarf what's already been done.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
I would suspect, though this is just a guess, that a large amount of the difficulty implementing clitoral penetration comes from how to stop every character with a clit from trying to fuck people with it. After all, the game occasionally has characters trying to tittyfuck characters with no breasts. And succeeding.

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
I suppose it is necessarily finnicky, esp since I only really wanted it to fill a kind of retractable clit-dick niche a-la viper gts and other hentai of the like. I definitely understand how trying to get NPCs to react sensibly to it would be a nightmare.

PlecoBeco

Feb 25, 2020
I would suspect, though this is just a guess, that a large amount of the difficulty implementing clitoral penetration comes from how to stop every character with a clit from trying to fuck people with it. After all, the game occasionally has characters trying to tittyfuck characters with no breasts. And succeeding.
Isn't the pecfucking thing intentional?
It doesn't sound hard to deal with at all since it's written in an OO language.
Haven't looked at the game's architecture so for all I know it's a YandereDev-tier mess but the AI can in theory just test something like "if (player.GetChest().GetSize() > 0)" to only enable the action if there are tits present. In the same sense you could just test the character's clit size before executing the function.

ohwhatnow

Feb 19, 2019
This discussion is how we see another 2 months spent on a system to display "Npc tried to fuck your pecs! It's not very effective..."

OO doesn't necessarily make things easier. I'm going to guess that clit doesn't have an is-a relationship to penis and doesn't work with the current PenetrationManager class. But that's easy to fix by refactoring all cocks into using the ICanPenetrate interface and separating DickFactory into a singleton static class. The real issue is that people will probably be upset that the penetrative size difference flavor text doesn't take into account clit size when calculating lust gains and fundamentally breaking enjoyment of the game for everyone who plays it.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Isn't the pecfucking thing intentional?
It doesn't sound hard to deal with at all since it's written in an OO language.
Haven't looked at the game's architecture so for all I know it's a YandereDev-tier mess but the AI can in theory just test something like "if (player.GetChest().GetSize() > 0)" to only enable the action if there are tits present. In the same sense you could just test the character's clit size before executing the function.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. This is way above Yandev tier, Inno actually uses switches sometimes :giggle:
Joking aside, it wouldn't be particularly hard to hook clits up to do penetration but it's not gonna be a 5 minute change so it'll likely happen when there's either a reason to work on them (hyenas probably) or when some more of this stuff is converted to external data.

DocSilence

Jan 13, 2018
I searched this thread but I can't find a solution to my problem. My character was turned into a futa-human but her cock doesn't work. I tried working on some enchantments but the game insists the her cock does not produce cum. I can't figure out what to do.

Is the inverse true as well? If I played a male and grew a pussy would he not be able to get pregnant?

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
My character was turned into a futa-human but her cock doesn't work. I tried working on some enchantments but the game insists the her cock does not produce cum.
Let me guess, you increased cum regeneration? That's going to do nothing unless you also increase cum capacity, which defaults to 0 for cases like yours.

Is the inverse true as well? If I played a male and grew a pussy would he not be able to get pregnant?
Transformations are fully functional, and you can remake your character to whatever you want. The only thing you can't change is your real age (which is distinct from your apparent age).

Reactions: DocSilence

DocSilence

Jan 13, 2018
Let me guess, you increased cum regeneration? That's going to do nothing unless you also increase cum capacity, which defaults to 0 for cases like yours.

Transformations are fully functional, and you can remake your character to whatever you want. The only thing you can't change is your real age (which is distinct from your apparent age).
I did do the regeneration I apparently lost or overwrote the save that had the TFs done probably because I didn't realize I needed to increase the cum capacity. Thanks!

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
v0.3.8.1 is the version listed here and it is the current public release. Innoxia is planning to release v0.3.8.5 as a subscriber preview on Monday. Though she's kinda notorious for missing deadlines.

Reactions: buttfart

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Besides exporting her and enslaving her doppelganger? Some characters simply cater to one specific kink.
I understand the statement, but it's a bit odd in a game that allows you to module your perfect kink line. I mean, in any other game where the all the characters and kinks are set in stones it would make a lot more sense. But in a game where you could literally magic a fetish or anything else to anyone, it's a bit harder to simply say "cater to a specific kink".

But even with my rant, I don't say it needs to change but I do find it a bit funny. After all some characters might be way too strong for you to influence due to the world logic.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
I understand the statement, but it's a bit odd in a game that allows you to module your perfect kink line. I mean, in any other game where the all the characters and kinks are set in stones it would make a lot more sense. But in a game where you could literally magic a fetish or anything else to anyone, it's a bit harder to simply say "cater to a specific kink".

But even with my rant, I don't say it needs to change but I do find it a bit funny. After all some characters might be way too strong for you to influence due to the world logic.
What you're missing here is how the game actually works. There's no AI, just branching dialogue trees.

So, a sex scene with a random NPC plays out according to their kinks affecting the chance that particular actions will be attempted, "building" a sex scene out of the dialogue and descriptions that are then triggered. With those characters, there's no problem with altering their dialogue because that dialogue is totally dependent upon variables in the code plus a bit of RNG.

The interactions with unique NPCs, like Natalya, aren't like that. The only way to create a submissive Natalya, would be for Inno to write a submissive Natalya. What you are asking is the equivalent of someone rewriting the first chapter of 50 Shades of Grey to make Christian Grey a sane non-asshole and then expecting those changes to make the rest of the book change.

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
So there's another delay, but apparently some of it is to work on mod support. Do people actually publish their mods? Is there a place to look at what they've done?

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
My understanding, from both Inno's blog and her Subscribestar account, is that the delay is due to the work on the coding framework for the new update taking longer than expected (ie. the usual reason for delays), with the new dialogue itself expected to take only a day or so. Where are you getting the impression that this is a "mod support" issue?

4.10 star(s) 117 Votes