ThisGuyTheGuy

Jun 19, 2018
Did they ever fix the bug that prevented Deer-morphs from spawning? I noticed it through some testing that even if you force Deer-morphs to be the only morph that can spawn it forces only humans

moohoo

May 13, 2018
We all well know what "content" was in all the "updates" for nearly two years now, clothing items and reworks of already existing quests. Besides, all you said about other games i can say about liliths throne.
reworks of already existing quests that were added by the previous updates? This update was nyan quest, before that was the 3 months of race rework. but then there was rat warrens, Natalya, Scarlett, Helena. Her problem isn't lack of updates, it's that she spent a year adding side romances instead of the next area.

Did they ever fix the bug that prevented Deer-morphs from spawning? I noticed it through some testing that even if you force Deer-morphs to be the only morph that can spawn it forces only humans
there aren't deer morphs unless you mean reindeer morphs in which case yes, I am 99% certain she fixed the human bug but let me double-check

EDIT: yes, they spawn in fine

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

bobomb

Dec 2, 2017
None too bright person here, should I be spooked? Eyeing this MEGA download with suspicion now. I don't want Inno or some one snooping in my files, I couldn't bare it if any one found out how many different characters I make in this stupid sandpit despite disparaging it all the time.

Also elves when? Come on man, it's a single ear type, I'm dying here. How do you lack fantasy bread and butter? Orcs? Goblins? (I actually legitimately thought for a moment that removing the wings and tail and turning imps green would trick the game into recognising a new species, you know, as a nice easter egg or something) How's a guy going to make snobby driders without elf ears?
It wouldn't be Inno. All source code is up on git and buildable so anyone can put anything in it. And Inno has vowed elves never, but since race modding is plumbed out now someone will mod it in.

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
We all well know what "content" was in all the "updates" for nearly two years now, clothing items and reworks of already existing quests. Besides, all you said about other games i can say about liliths throne.
The Helena quest and the sidequest with the dommy centaur whose name I have forgotten were new, as were the entire rat warrens plus Axel content, as well as the Enforcer inspector questline, and the teleport questline. There are also now Enforcer patrols you can encounter in backalley tiles, you can get the offspring map from the city center, and there was some father's day content added. So let's not pretend as if nothing new was added at all.

And not all of it might have been my cup of tea (I could have done without the whole Helena thing, especially that centaur is just obnoxious), but I genuinely like the Rate Warrens, the Enforcer Inspector and the teleport questlines. Even if the Rat Warrens took like 8 months or so to get fully implemented, which is imho pretty slow.

• Haha
Reactions: alex2011

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
The Helena quest and the sidequest with the dommy centaur whose name I have forgotten were new, as were the entire rat warrens plus Axel content, as well as the Enforcer inspector questline, and the teleport questline. There are also now Enforcer patrols you can encounter in backalley tiles, you can get the offspring map from the city center, and there was some father's day content added. So let's not pretend as if nothing new was added at all.

And not all of it might have been my cup of tea (I could have done without the whole Helena thing, especially that centaur is just obnoxious), but I genuinely like the Rate Warrens, the Enforcer Inspector and the teleport questlines. Even if the Rat Warrens took like 8 months or so to get fully implemented, which is imho pretty slow.
Let's not pretend it is a content that worth 2 years of delaying 0.4.

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
reworks of already existing quests that were added by the previous updates? This update was nyan quest, before that was the 3 months of race rework. but then there was rat warrens, Natalya, Scarlett, Helena. Her problem isn't lack of updates, it's that she spent a year adding side romances instead of the next area.
Don't you dare to pretend it is a content that worth 2 years of delaying 0.4.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
The western H-game industry is just a mess. That's really the reason I still donate, its closest to my ideal game and looking at the development of other H-games, inno is not even near the worst, or even bad, compared to her competition.
It really is a mess. Say what you will about asian H-games with most of them either being lazy excuses to show off premade CG sets or boring super linear games that feel the same with gems buried in the rough, but they have actually money and backing behind them. They got actual publishers on their side and they put out finished products and dont keep people waiting months if not years for meaningful content updates (Goblin Burrow put out like 5 dlcs in the span of a few months) and they certainly dont drop dead mid development nearly as often.

Meanwhile here we're having conversations like this memeing about how a lot of these western developers cant put out an update to save their life (not that they need to when crowd funding has their backs no matter what they do, even Simbro got away with literally doing nothing and getting money). And say what you want about Fencco, but in terms of western h-game development they're what counts a professional, if simply being professional means they got their shit together.

Im not saying all this to rag on or be mean to Inno or any other indie h-game developer, but the fact that this is all too common speaks for itself. Part of me really wants to support devs like inno if it inspires them stay on track, improve and grow, cause the only way western h-games are going to get better is by putting money behind it, but its not really inspiring to do so when throwing money behind it gets you... this.

Last edited:

Taak

Jun 21, 2017
they don't. She lives in the great Kingdom of United. After they take a big wet bite from taxes, she makes 2000 dollars a month so equivalent to a full-time minimum wage job.
With no output equivalent to $2k. And they don't loose money, they gain from first project that oftentimes looses you money.

So yes, they have money to compensate for work (actual work and not what Inno is doing) of some programer or whatever who will take this project as a side gig.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Oh, yeah, I definitely don't expect to see them in the wild any time soon. But having the tail-legs actually functioning and being able to make your own snake-morph-naga-whatevers was enough to make me bother.

I'm mildly interested in some of the newer additions but I'm definitely going to wait on official public release for those.
Oh, there'll be plenty of sneks in the wild, same for most other contributor species. The old species list is a good indicator of when Inno planned to add them and where any themed/dedicated locations might be, but now that they're in the spawn pools there's no reason not to have them in random encounters.

Reactions: NajaNaga

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
It really is a mess. Say what you will about asian H-games with most of them either being lazy excuses to show off premade CG sets or boring super linear games that feel the same with gems buried in the rough, but they have actually money and backing behind them. They got actual publishers on their side and they put out finished products and dont keep people waiting months if not years for meaningful content updates (Goblin Burrow put out like 5 dlcs in the span of a few months) and they certainly dont drop dead mid development nearly as often.

Meanwhile here we're having conversations like this memeing about how a lot of these western developers cant put out an update to save their life (not that they need to when crowd funding has their backs no matter what they do, even Simbro got away with literally doing nothing and getting money). And say what you want about Fencco, but in terms of western h-game development they're what counts a professional, if simply being professional means they got their shit together.

Im not saying all this to rag on or be mean to Inno or any other indie h-game developer, but the fact that this is all too common speaks for itself. Part of me really wants to support devs like inno if it inspires them stay on track, improve and grow, cause the only way western h-games are going to get better is by putting money behind it, but its not really inspiring to do so when throwing money behind it gets you... this.
Luckily, most J-devs have yet to be infected by the patreon leech. Even if the game is lackluster, they're at least FINISHED. Big props for that. Even indie devs that operate in small circles tend to be more responsible with their games. Though I'm afraid that's changing now with ci-en integrating patreon-like models, I hope this shit doesn't take over the entire h-industry.

I honestly don't think the problem comes from funding. Money or not, the abhorrent standard set by patreon funding established that the best strategy is to be constantly in development, with diminishing returns on content updates. Even the biggest projects that were funding to hell and back are now in the same situation (remember how much TiTs was kickstarted in the beginning? It even made the news. Subverse looks to be falling into the same groove.). At the end of the day, scummy patreon leeching IS the gold standard for W-devs, and the consoomers just can't stop themselves from falling into these MLM schemes.

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
Let's not pretend it is a content that worth 2 years of delaying 0.4.
I'm not pretending anything like this. It's surely a matter of taste, but I definitely would have preferred 04. over most of these updates. And I wrote that 8 months or so to finish the Rat Warrens is not a particularly fast pace.

But it's still quite a bit of content added beyond race morphs and some old quests being overhauled.

DerWahrePeter

Oct 5, 2019
I noticed this while looking through the hotfix:

• The 'Dispel elemental' action now works correctly for companions.
I thought support for companions was dropped?
They won't get new updates, but they can still be activated in the menu, so fixes still make sense to be implemented.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
I honestly don't think the problem comes from funding. Money or not, the abhorrent standard set by patreon funding established that the best strategy is to be constantly in development, with diminishing returns on content updates. Even the biggest projects that were funding to hell and back are now in the same situation (remember how much TiTs was kickstarted in the beginning? It even made the news. Subverse looks to be falling into the same groove.). At the end of the day, scummy patreon leeching IS the gold standard for W-devs, and the consoomers just can't stop themselves from falling into these MLM schemes.
I dont think its a crowd funding problem, it mostly a problem with western developers just not having their shit together and wont hold themselves to any sort of decent standards. Its mostly the solo devs who want to do everything themselves then constantly hit a snag in any part of the game and have to create all the assets themselves. Some are more stubborn than others when it comes to accepting help. A lot of them lose their work flow and find it difficult to get in the grove again but then still refuse a helping hand.

But even with some of the games that have actual teams behind them its still a rocky road between in-team drama or just 0 synergy between most if not any of the members of the team or just terrible project management which solo devs who see all this justify for why they wont take help (I dont blame them). I think what a lot of it is is just people who dont know what they're doing and get in way over their head and never realize how much it will take to get to the finish line. My issue isnt that they dont put out finished products, my issues is that their work productivity is worse than a procrastinating high schooler and they mostly never get that solved about themselves.

Tiasung

Jul 30, 2018
The overrall incompetence and stubbornness of Inno is what pisses me off. It's been what? A year since the last story update? At the time when this shitshow started she should have hired or chosen a small team of proggrammers to help her with the coding. The reason why everybody's mad is because this game has insane potential but nothing gets done.
2 years actually. This game did have great potential with the sex system and the succubi story and characters.

For side content since then, they were all very specific races that people may or may not like and not with interesting (already introduced) characters either. Ofcourse, even in terms of raw content the side content added in 2 years isnt much either.

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
I'm surprised that when it comes to Arachne genital arrangement, they didn't give the option of front or back, or even a mix of both although, I'm sure that would require more coding and take longer. Pussy up the front, ovipeen down the back is the most general arrangement, isn't it?

Also, they need mouth options, something like fangs or sharp teeth shouldn't be limited to having a furry face.

Twistedcat8

May 15, 2018
I dont think its a crowd funding problem, it mostly a problem with western developers just not having their shit together and wont hold themselves to any sort of decent standards. Its mostly the solo devs who want to do everything themselves then constantly hit a snag in any part of the game and have to create all the assets themselves. Some are more stubborn than others when it comes to accepting help. A lot of them lose their work flow and find it difficult to get in the grove again but then still refuse a helping hand.

But even with some of the games that have actual teams behind them its still a rocky road between in-team drama or just 0 synergy between most if not any of the members of the team or just terrible project management which solo devs who see all this justify for why they wont take help (I dont blame them). I think what a lot of it is is just people who dont know what they're doing and get in way over their head and never realize how much it will take to get to the finish line. My issue isnt that they dont put out finished products, my issues is that their work productivity is worse than a procrastinating high schooler and they mostly never get that solved about themselves.

All of these points are problems but I think the bigger overall problem is the "games" are released way too early. They are usually just past the concept stage and are labeled as "alphas" when they are not even close to any Alpha stage of a games development. Then usually what happens is after a couple updates the creator makes a Patreon/Crowdfunding site account. And then these other problems come into the picture.

If any of you have experience with Fanfiction stories it has a very similar problem where the Fanfic author creates an interesting concept gets maybe a couple updates in and then the story usually gets dropped or put on a hiatus.

In both of these situations I think the creators are too enamored by the thing they made that they just release it right away, when in reality they both should have been worked on a lot more before they are even close to being released to the public. Hell if any actual game developer or author released content like this they would be crucified, but because these creators "self-publish" they get passes for it.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes