anon707

Jun 13, 2018
Guess what, nobody likes tedious travel. That's why every single open-world game includes a fast travel mechanic, to allow you to skip it. Which rather defeats the point of having that vast world in the first place, wouldn't you say?
Your personal preference is not universal fact. Plenty of people love getting lost in a world. Your example is a AAA specifically designed to appeal to lowest common denominator (hence the game being the most streamlined and dumbed down out of all of the elder scrolls game). It is not a game you want to use as a perfect example that should be followed.

A lot of what you're worried about in LT can be solved with procedural generation.

Reactions: alex2011

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
View attachment 1050978
(Aight, last time that i rant about the discord.)
This right there, is a major problem. You can technically criticize the game, but you gotta accept that you're gonna get ganked by multiple people. It's a really, dare i say, toxic environment and either silences anyone that has problems with the game or drives them away.
The kicker is that the "enforcement" is biased against you, so it's not a fair "treat others the way you'd want to be treated" game. Which means that if you snap back at them with the same rudeness, you're the only one getting clapped. "It's only okay when we do it" is how it goes over there and I can visibly see how stressful it's making you, seeing the double standard. I'd stay away, just for your own sake.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
you cant be serious. its just bad storytelling having a single magic concept/device explain every single thing that doesnt comform to real life standards and hand wave it as "its magic bro" thats some harry potter level shit. i think what SordidDreams was refering to was that its preferable for the issue of the size clothes not be adressed and having it as an acceptable break from reality for gameplay purposes and not have the player think about it rather than having a bad attempt at an in universe explanation and having the player rolling their eyes and going "yeah right"
by that logic, why attempt to explain anything or have any kind of world building whatsoever? if anyone ask anything about the world and its logic, just tell them "shut the FUCK up its a video game bro LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
The opposite of content isn't 'non-content,' it's what the fields are now, empty space.
Empty space is non-content.

Skyrim doesn't just stuff everything into one single city, I can't play the whole game while never leaving Whiterun, but I CAN play the entirety of Lilith's Throne without ever leaving Dominion. That is a VERY bad thing in an open world game like this or Skyrim because that is the polar opposite of the open world concept.
That's why I think LT should abandon the open world idea and confine itself to just the one city. There's plenty of games that limit their setting in a similar way (like, say, Cyberpunk in recent memory).

look at the streets of Dominion now, you literally only have holiday events and that stupid cow morph event, nothing else goes on, so they are, for all intents and purposes, empty
My point precisely. No reason to add even more empty space when there's plenty already.

if fast travel is not a solution, then no solution exists
I don't know, having a rocket-powered wingsuit and the ability to summon a jet fighter anywhere sure helped a lot in Just Cause.

A lot of what you're worried about in LT can be solved with procedural generation.
LOL, no. Not by Inno. She's no Tarn Adams.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
Then why does Inno persist other than money? Or is money their only concern now? If they don't like it, just abandon it and move on.
My guess is money. I strongly believe Innoxia lost their charitable motivations not too long after they went on a clap-back war against anonymous users from 8chan, calling everyone "niqqers" and deleting posts criticizing them. Innoxia has pretty much donned the stereotypical "I care about what you want" facade while simultaneously kicking us all in the nuts/ovaries at every turn. The naive folk buy into it and write off every clear instance of backhanding as something understandable, but I distinctly remember the venom. I can relate to it, because I've been in that position before. That doesn't just go away; the poison doesn't just vanish, so I think Innoxia holds a vendetta against the blog commenters (probably, the community as a whole) and just extracts what they can from it since lustful primal urge is the only thing people primarily operate on in these situations. Throw a bit of red meat every so often and the dough keeps rolling for months, even if they explicitly say to the audience to pause all donations until updates come. I honestly feel a bit sorry for them, if this is true.

Feels like this game is a one big fat memory leak.

Also, what are possible outcomes of the Helena dates? Does she always turn into a turboslut, or is it connected to a "break her" option?
I've gotten a version of Helena that becomes Lustful Maiden, who never loses her virginity and yet uses every other orifice for pleasure. I think she will always wear slutty clothing, but that's just her personality. She's pretty much one of those " " who just goes full throttle on the "Bitch" part when you introduce her to the pleasures of degeneracy.
On the , there are 2 version on Scarlet, a shemale and a female. How do I get the female version? The current Scarlet I have is a shemale.
During your romancing of Helena, you can go on a lunch date with Scarlett. At some point during these dates, you will learn that Helena has been insistent on pacifying Scarlett's aggressiveness by transforming them into an actual female. Scarlett will ask you if you agree and if you say you do, Scarlett will drink the potion and transform into a female.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
It doesn't matter how large the tiles are in terms of land area, what matters is how many there are and how many would therefore need to be populated with content for the area to not feel too sparse. Which is too many.
It's a Pepsi and Coke debate at this point.

No, it's not, it's the core of the argument. If you accept the existence of the Arcane and all the silly stuff it already does, then you have no basis for claiming that this or that would not be believable. All that needs to be done to make literally anything believable according to your existing standards is append "because the Arcane did it" at the end of the description of the offending element.
No, it's not the core of the issue. Your point is that the Arcane is overpowered, but that has nothing to do with whether it's plausible or consistent within the rules of the setting, WHICH ARE THAT THE ARCANE CAN DO ALMOST ANYTHING. It's magic, and it's not even especially OP magic, as far as fantasy properties go.

My. Point. Precisely.
What did you think my point was?

you cant be serious. its just bad storytelling having a single magic concept/device explain every single thing that doesnt comform to real life standards and hand wave it as "its magic bro" thats some harry potter level shit. i think what @SordidDreams was refering to was that its preferable for the issue of the size clothes not be adressed and having it as an acceptable break from reality for gameplay purposes and not have the player think about it rather than having a bad attempt at an in universe explanation and having the player rolling their eyes and going "yeah right"
I'm not arguing whether it's good storytelling; that has nothing to do with whether it violates the laws of the setting. The Arcane is an established part of the LT world, with its abilities and limits defined by the author. And it should explain every deviation from reality, considering that it's the sole cause of every deviation from reality, including the very existence of Lilith's realm.

Reactions: 0culus and anon707
Feb 20, 2019
All I had to do was search the text and found the person responsible for it. I sincerely believe censoring the identity is pointless, here. But, if that is, somehow, what's driving all this post deletion (imagine being afraid of having your already anonymous identity shown around on a forum, on the internet, where anyone can just screenshot your name at any time), then I'll laugh at the absurdity of it.
I just don't want people to go and harass them or something

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
It's a Pepsi and Coke debate at this point.
Not really. I said there are too many tiles in the overworld map for Inno to ever populate with content, to which you responded that each tile is 22 km sq in size. It's more like a Pepsi and gravel argument. What you're saying is not even remotely relevant to what I'm saying.

Your point is that the Arcane is overpowered
No, my point is that if you're okay with the fact that the Arcane can do anything, then you have no basis for finding anything unbelievable, because anything can be justified with a simple "the Arcane did it".

What did you think my point was?
That "stuffing a small area with content strains your suspension of disbelief". But at the same time, you think that the all-powerful Arcane is "a perfectly sensible explanation for any weirdness that goes on in the game". You have to choose one of the two, either there are things that strain your suspension of disbelief, or there's a perfectly sensible explanation for any weirdness. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Tempor

May 12, 2018
by that logic, why attempt to explain anything or have any kind of world building whatsoever? if anyone ask anything about the world and its logic, just tell them "shut the FUCK up its a video game bro LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
when your worldbuilding consists of "oooh the Arcane" yeah ide rather some explanations or justifications of gameplay aspects be omitted and have acceptable breaks from reality because you know videogame instead of even bringing the attention of the player to them and explain them in a convoluted manner. most RPGs dont even bother with the issue of clothing fitting you, some games you can go around massacring women for their string bikini armour to put on your hulk warrior and it suddenly transforms to full plate. the point is its a non issue made worse. if you can explain it and make it look logical in universe sure go for it but having a single "one size fits all" explanation and call it world building its generous to just call it plain dumb

oh and almost forgot on my last post, i find the whole seasonal events while good are badly implemented just because you cant experience them all in a single save file. if you want to start with an import you are stuck at starting at your systems date. this wouldnt be a problem on a game that had content enough to span a whole years worth of in game time but right now its just badly though imo, but this is the possible the most minor thing affecting this game

Last edited:
Reactions: SordidDreams

bobomb

Dec 2, 2017
BTW guys. Memory use fix confirmed. When I used to let the game run forever it would just keep leaking. Since my last 2 gig use post this is what happened 1614128275643.png

Last edited:

bobomb

Dec 2, 2017
All this talk of Inno is in over her head I think is premature. Yeah this is her first project, but she has made real strides on the engine and IIRC she said she didn't want to do much content yet but had to raise funds to get the engine right. We'll see what happens going forward, but that's just my 2 cents. Anyway like I said it's worth my buck a month to see what happens and that's where I stand on this for what it's worth. I am reminded of something I recently saw on perverteer's discord.
1614128539727.png Patience folks, it's a free game and someone's artistic vision (Although I do support your right to criticise the vision. I haven't done Nyan's further quest and will probably wait based on what I am hearing about it here till it gets an inevitable rework).

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
BTW guys. Memory use fix confirmed. When I used to let the game run forever it would just keep leeking. Since my last 2 gig use post this is what happened View attachment 1051201
How nice of you not to explain how this fix is performed. FYI, if you have a solution to a problem people are having post the entire solution. If you don't, it makes you look extremely suspect.

bobomb

Dec 2, 2017
How nice of you not to explain how this fix is performed. FYI, if you have a solution to a problem people are having post the entire solution. If you don't, it makes you look extremely suspect.
Well aren't we snarky? I told you how it was performed. I waited and it released memory. Iam on windows 10 using the win64 executable packaged by whoever posted the 3.13 version of the game here (Might have been Inno's package. I find the exe has worked better for me in the past because the package uses the JAVA version that Inno is developing on.)

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
when your worldbuilding consists of "oooh the Arcane" yeah ide rather some explanations or justifications of gameplay aspects be omitted and have acceptable breaks from reality because you know videogame instead of even bringing the attention of the player to them and explain them in a convoluted manner. most RPGs dont even bother with the issue of clothing fitting you, some games you can go around massacring women for their string bikini armour to put on your hulk warrior and it suddenly transforms to full plate. the point is its a non issue made worse. if you can explain it and make it look logical in universe sure go for it but having a single "one size fits all" explanation and call it world building its generous to just call it plain dumb
okay, so you basically agreed with me. so when you're able to enchant clothing and amp it up to basically become nukes, thats fine. when the same magic is explained for why all clothes can fit all sizes, naw thats dumb! so again, no need for explaining anything, just say "its a vidya gam bruh".

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
Well aren't we snarky? I told you how it was performed. I waited and it released memory.
That's my bad. But it is kinda hilarious that the solution to the memory leak is to stop playing the game and do something else while it runs in the background.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
All this talk of Inno is in over her head I think is premature. Yeah this is her first project, but she has made real strides on the engine and IIRC she said she didn't want to do much content yet but had to raise funds to get the engine right. We'll see what happens going forward, but that's just my 2 cents. Anyway like I said it's worth my buck a month to see what happens and that's where I stand on this for what it's worth. I am reminded of something I recently saw on perverteer's discord.
View attachment 1051205 Patience folks, it's a free game and someone's artistic vision (Although I do support your right to criticise the vision. I haven't done Nyan's further quest and will probably wait based on what I am hearing about it here till it gets an inevitable rework).
when its been about 2 years of this and we're still having this conversation, i think comments about Inno being in over her head are completely justified.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes