Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
i mean my game crashesh thats why. So i guess its something from my pc. Thanks for the quick reply!
Do you have a lot of children? I've read that the offspring map can take a long time to load if you do (even with only ~30 offspring there's a noticeable pause when I pull up the map), and if it takes too long the game will probably be flagged as unresponsive.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
If anybody feels like modding, I would appreciate more "family bonding" content. So far, we only have that one foursome scene and we can't even sex Merexis after that.

Reactions: Lady_Yvraine

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I mean with the PC's family. Lyssieth also needs to be fixed so that she's the PC's mother. I tried, but it resulted in the game thinking I was Lyssith's mother, as well as she being mine somehow :confused:. The notes in her file mention that you might have to make a placeholder NPC to act as the other parent. I don't know why this is, for this doesn't seem to be an issue with other NPCs, but I don't have the patience to figure it out.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019
Do you have a lot of children? I've read that the offspring map can take a long time to load if you do (even with only ~30 offspring there's a noticeable pause when I pull up the map), and if it takes too long the game will probably be flagged as unresponsive.
probably thats the problem, because my PC have around 100 and something. Well new save here we go

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
If anybody feels like modding, I would appreciate more "family bonding" content. So far, we only have that one foursome scene and we can't even sex Merexis after that.
Dude, that's what the heck Inno could have been working on instead of this Nyan thing.
Imagine not taking Best Mom and expanding her route, with your new sisters (so much time was spent on just developing Lilaya) and potential Daddy.

I'm disgusted and disappointed all over again. I really liked Lyssieth's plot role.

• Sad
Reactions: throbzombie

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Remember, there is also the Nyan & Leotie quest resulting in threesomes. (y)
e-d
If only all the content with Leotie wasn't complete garbage. She's by far the worst written character in the game, and that's pretty impressive since the Helena quest line still has fuck ups all over it.

Reactions: e-disfunction

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I ended up creating a pretty hefty save to do some performance testing, and can safely say that the SpEL version feels roughly on par with the official build. If there are any performance differences they're either imperceptible or being masked by the other performance issues.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can also safely say that my next performance target is going to doing something about status effects. Right now they're calculated per turn, and on that awful save it results in a very noticeable delay when the player has the gall to move a single square.

I think the quick and dirty solution to this would be to handle a single status at the end of turns: pregnancy resolution. That's the only status effect I can think of that really needs to be handled globally. Handling and resolving other status effects can probably be deferred until the player lands on the same tile as the NPC in question. That should help considerably, as well as evaluating the statuses that actually need to be handled by the engine.

Even then, advancing/resolving pregnancy for thousands of objects seems wasteful when it's unlikely that more than a handful will have that status. Putting it on a scheduler is tempting, but I'm going to need to learn the intricacies of the Mother's Milk item before I commit to that sort of change.

Like before, I'm going to try to develop this change in a way that Inno could use if they wanted to. Regardless, I'm going to maintain (which I've tentatively dubbed "Transformed!") with all of these changes, at least until I get bored with all this. Contributions are welcome.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Like before, I'm going to try to develop this change in a way that Inno could use if they wanted to. Regardless, I'm going to maintain (which I've tentatively dubbed "Transformed!") with all of these changes, at least until I get bored with all this. Contributions are welcome.
Since you're open to having these included, could you create a quick PR for any part(s) you consider reasonably complete and ready? She at least tries to go through those every so often.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Right now they're calculated per turn, and on that awful save it results in a very noticeable delay when the player has the gall to move a single square.
What the god damn fuck? Why?!

I think the quick and dirty solution to this would be to handle a single status at the end of turns: pregnancy resolution.
Double what the god damn fuck?

Why the fuck would she set it up that way. The game actually presents character changes as happening on the update increments. I could *MAYBE* see doing it this way if she was updating the character body consistently, but the game explicitly tells you that's not what is happening.

Putting it on a scheduler is tempting, but I'm going to need to learn the intricacies of the Mother's Milk item before I commit to that sort of change.
Put it on the scheduler. There should be a way to specify if buffs are on the scheduler or on the player's turn. Both would be useful, but handling all buffs in one way or the other is dumb as hell. But this might be a bit too hard for modding purposes.

Since you're open to having these included, could you create a quick PR for any part(s) you consider reasonably complete and ready? She at least tries to go through those every so often.
I wouldn't expect much from a developer who goes on vacation whenever they get behind schedule.

And doesn't your fork require changing out which version of Java the games using and all that? Somehow I doubt it'd be accepted.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
That's the plan. :) The SpEL changes are the closest to completion, though there are still a couple of aspects that I need to change before it's ready for prime time (pretty much just protecting the game state variables, which I don't see being too difficult given how the parser works), as well as doing a test run of the game.

Why the fuck would she set it up that way. The game actually presents character changes as happening on the update increments. I could *MAYBE* see doing it this way if she was updating the character body consistently, but the game explicitly tells you that's not what is happening.
It's a simple, naïve approach. Basically, everything is set up as a child of AbstractStatusEffect and handled the same way. It wouldn't surprise me if most of those AbstractStatusEffect implementations also included a call to the scripting engine, as status effects can be modded into the game.

This approach is clean and flexible, as the endTurn routine doesn't have to know any of the details about each status effect: it just processes them all at once. The problem is that this simplicity also leads to the game having to update a ton of stuff that the player has no way of observing.

Put it on the scheduler. There should be a way to specify if buffs are on the scheduler or on the player's turn. Both would be useful, but handling all buffs in one way or the other is dumb as hell. But this might be a bit too hard for modding purposes.
Yeah, my main concern are those situations where the timeline can move forward, such as with Mother's Milk and pregnancy. Pregnancy is pretty predictable, being a core gameplay mechanic, but with the game's modability increasing I'm not sure that the status effect system will be able to completely escape iteration, especially if it's possible for status effects to change the game world behind the scenes like a resolved pregnancy does. Still, I think there are some things that could be done to nudge things into a better place.

And doesn't your fork require changing out which version of Java the games using and all that? Somehow I doubt it'd be accepted.
Everything I did should still work with JDK 8. I might have let a couple of var's slip in (I believe that was introduced in JDK 10), but that's easy enough to deal with.

I think the main issue is that the SpEL fork isn't really required if JDK 8 continues to be targeted. That's more of a future proofing branch which has the side-effect of replacing a heavy JavaScript engine with a lighter expression parser. I think the bigger issues in this case would be that it breaks existing XML scripting (though I've gone through and corrected those) and that its practical improvements are dubious.

Honestly, at this point it isn't entirely clear how much of an impact, if any, it has on actual performance, due to the weight of the status effect system. eval() did come up pretty hot in the CPU profiler's heat map, but with my stress test save the game feels pretty similar between both the official release and my fork.

Sepulchure

Jan 18, 2019
For real man I feel you. Also Innoxia is taking a few weeks off again due to stresss. Like fuck I AM STRESSED i STILL HAVE TO DO MY DAMN JOB. must be nice to make over 2.5 k a month and take 3 week long vacations while giving your subscribers absolutely nothing. Like I take 3 weeks off from my gig with nothing to show for it my ass would be fired.
Maybe the dev developed severe depression? It would certanly explain the long ass delays.

I've developes it back in 2019 and i've quit my job because i could barely eat, let alone work.

Reactions: Lionheart1807

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Maybe the dev developed severe depression? It would certanly explain the long ass delays.

I've developes it back in 2019 and i've quit my job because i could barely eat, let alone work.
Maybe.

Or more realistically, the dev just got sick of being made fun of for being slow as fuck. So much so that she went out of her way to stop anyone from being able to talk about how slow as fuck she is.

Then she followed all the people she kicked out as they continued to make fun of her for being slow as fuck.

And then suddenly, in a moment of introspection, she realized that she's slow as fuck. And so she needed to take a week off for every month that nothing was accomplished.

To be honest, I don't really give a shit. This is her job. If I missed all my deadlines for eight months and then decided to take a paid month off, I'd never be able to work in my industry again. But with the project basically being completely dead in the water, I wonder how long they can coast off the people who forget to unsubscribe. Eventually she'll need to get a real job. I wonder if this train wreck will be on the resume, or she'll just have a nice multi-year long gap with nothing to show for it. Which is pretty much what we've gotten as well.

Sep 21, 2018
Hey hello, I was playing the game these last few days and found a problem/bug (in the 32-bit version), the problem / bug is that after a while playing, the game stop saving,be quick save or save manually, the map movement is locked, in a way that you move a square but the game does not record visually and only shows when I enter the inventory or on the cell phone, if anyone knows how to solve this bug please answer this topic (I am using version 0.3.19)

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Hey hello, I was playing the game these last few days and found a problem/bug (in the 32-bit version), the problem / bug is that after a while playing, the game stop saving,be quick save or save manually, the map movement is locked, in a way that you move a square but the game does not record visually and only shows when I enter the inventory or on the cell phone, if anyone knows how to solve this bug please answer this topic (I am using version 0.3.19)
Yeah, that bug kind of sucks. If you have quick save on (on by default), you shouldn't lose more than the current day's progress if you reload. Still sucks though.

If you close and reload does it stop? Generally when I'd see that happen reloading the game would fix it. Every now and then I'd need a computer restart first, depending on if they game freed up my system's memory.

I'd recommend using the jar version of the game as well, it runs infinitely better and without a lot of those bugs. Just one of those things, I guess.

Sep 21, 2018
Yeah, that bug kind of sucks. If you have quick save on (on by default), you shouldn't lose more than the current day's progress if you reload. Still sucks though.

If you close and reload does it stop? Generally when I'd see that happen reloading the game would fix it. Every now and then I'd need a computer restart first, depending on if they game freed up my system's memory.

I'd recommend using the jar version of the game as well, it runs infinitely better and without a lot of those bugs. Just one of those things, I guess.
I close the game and open and the things do good for 30 min or 1 hour and go bug

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I think they've been aware for a while...
The scorched remains of the blog comments/F95 reviews that detailed a log of delays are evidence of this, I'd say.
Yup. But what's important is that she gets a month off. Because when you're behind schedule, the smart thing to do is take a month off.

I close the game and open and the things do good for 30 min or 1 hour and go bug
Yeah, that's pretty much how the game goes. It's the worst OK game we've got.

Nov 21, 2020
TBH, we could probably band together and make our own version of the game.
I mean, look at the mod for Free Cities.
The vanilla game was abandoned but the mod has kept going to the point it's become it's own game.
Anyone want to make the first move?
If you scroll one page back in this thread you will see there is already someone here who has committed to maintaining their own fork of the game... That beng said, having looked at the source code (only a quick glance) it seemed like quite the spaghetti and I feel bad for anyone who has to delve into that and refactor/extend it. Personally I think a better approach would be to reimplement the game entirely at this point but that's also quite a lot of work. There is a lot of money in it jugding by how many subscribers the current dev has, so I wouldn't be suprised if someone decided to step up, but we will have to wait and see.

Reactions: dased345
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes