tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
You are entitled to your opinion but Inno owes you absolutely nothing, just like she owes the rest of us absolutely nothing.
(Or is this the parasocial relationship you were thinking of?)
Right, so basically you got nothing. You just tried to call me entitled because you think it's, what, some magic "I win the argument" phrase or something?

No company owes anyone shit. Every single company that exists could shutdown tomorrow and there's fuck all you or I could do about it. But that'd be really fucking stupid; almost as stupid as your asinine argument.

Whatevs, at least you were brave enough to answer. And at least I saw it before the mods delete our comments.

hanswon

Mar 16, 2019
I'm laughing. Inno missed her deadline (again) and apologized saying her previous release date was optimistic on the 24th, then, learning nothing, said "I won't give a fixed deadline for 0.4.0.5, but it really shouldn't be more than 2-3 days now... " A full on mess. Stop. Giving. Guesstimates. Honestly, should just finish her work on her own time. I feel people won't be as upset if they aren't always being given these release dates that get missed—if they aren't always feeling like they're being lied to just to keep the game in their head. It's how I felt and why I stopped donating long, long ago.

Apr 9, 2019
Thanks for taking my interjection with a degree of good humour.

Umm, parasocial relationships? Although they are indeed a problem I'm missing the relevance to Innoxia. Just about no-one here would consider her their friend - the couple who might would only do so in the restricted sense of the interactions that they have had in working towards a common goal.

The 'customer' relation does not fit. It is a gift economy. Innoxia is making something she wishes to share with interested parties (i.e. 'us'). Some of 'us' wish to contribute to this project in various ways - some are modders, some choose to give money, some choose to give feedback, others just enjoy, or not, the game.

And remember too, that we 'live' in - occupy might be better - a pirate space. f95zone is not a service one buys, at best one gives time or money to sustain its existence. To the best of my knowledge Inno has never objected to the game being uploaded here, indeed in happier times she was around to hear what people thought about the game.

You are entitled to your opinion but Inno owes you absolutely nothing, just like she owes the rest of us absolutely nothing.
(Or is this the parasocial relationship you were thinking of?)
Your argument would be valid if Innoxia herself didn't style her relationship to SubscribeStar as: "... allowing me to treat development of Lilith's Throne as a full-time job." Also, if you read the descriptions of the perks on the SubscribeStar, they are direct promises in exchange for support, that entail that work is done: "Access to preview builds (available in-between full public releases)", "Early access to artwork commissions and other supplementary content (such as clothing mods or additional writing)", et cetera.
I wish people would stop treating it as though if your income source is a subscription service platform, like Patreon, or SubscribeStar, and you rely on that income, it somehow doesn't count as a "real job". In this day and age, the job market has changed radically, due to improving technologies and changes in culture.
If people are supporting you, based upon the promise that work will be done, and that a product is to be delivered, and then you go far enough to make public deadlines, and don't meet them? You deserve criticism. Admittedly, that criticism should be constructive, but criticism should still be given.
Now, before you reply with some smarmy nonsense. She has continually been given constructive criticism, such as being told to focus on the "official roadmap", or hire some developers to help her. Yet, she still hasn't changed, she still hasn't improved, so what're we to do?
It doesn't matter whether you directly support her or not, you can still be critical that other people are getting ripped off and being complacent about it. Because in turn, this influences the indie adult games market, and makes it seem as though this behavior is acceptable. This community, and the community of Lilth's Throne isn't a closed system, so save us your special pleading and wind your neck in.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As I didn't find any trace of this in the current code (yes, it is perfectly legal to reverse-engineer code where I am located for personal use) but would still like to confirm just in case I missed a few things, size difference just is cosmetic, correct?

I've been trying to get Helena to spit on me by forcing FETISH_SADIST, FETISH_DOMINANT (the latter shouldn't be required but since it requires a NPC to be the dom in the scene, it's for the best) as well as mouth availability for both sides to no avail. Tried all kinds of positions and after a few thousand tries as well as literally preventing her from doing anything but using her mouth to talk, all she does is choke, slap and degrade, and yes, I have spitting content enabled. Tried changing my PC size from 366cm to 198cm after this to make it slightly less awkward for her to be able to spit on me, but since Scarlett has no trouble doing so while sitting and while the PC is standing, that shouldn't make any difference.

Sooo... Did I miss something obvious or slightly less obvious in the code? Thanks in advance.

(I apologize for blatant violation of harpy rights by forcing them to stand still and use their mouth to degrade their partner.)

Last edited:

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
feelotraveller
I hope you realize the irony of the situation on calling Tehlemon's on their repetitiveness, while bringing up another topic that has been swung back and forth to death on this thread. If you've been around long enough to notice a trend on his posts then, surely, you must've noticed this as well.

This is one of those arguments where no one "wins" because it's all a matter of opinion and personal standards. For the record, I'm talking about the whole "Inno doesn't owe us anything", "it's a free game so don't complain" and "this isn't her job because she receives donations, not a paycheck from us" and the standard spiel. You have your opinion and other people have theirs, you're not going to change their mind and neither are they.

I'll keep it short(ish) - just because Innoxia doesn't owe us anything doesn't mean we can't discuss and criticize her performance and shortcomings. Yes, even we can't do better ourselves. Yes, even if it's a "free" product. A developer that doesn't communicate her intentions clearly and/or systematically breaks her own promises is liable to get some backlash for it. The internet isn't a forgiving place. If you're the type of person to let things slide just because they are "free" then you do you, but that doesn't mean everyone else follows the same standards.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I'm not a backer on SS so I can't really comment on this, but what I don't really understand is why people would keep "tipping" if they don't like it, unless the subscription is enforced or something.

A tipjar and a crowdfunding platform aren't the same thing.

Crowdfunding delivers a product after collecting enough funds, a tipjar effectively delivers nothing. Some platforms are misleading in that regard, as they call content delivery "rewards" for supporting/backing a content creator. That does not mean I support this mindset; quite the opposite, in fact...

(To get back on topic, yes, Helena still refuses to trigger the spitting action but I'm not going to obsess over this lol.)

Last edited:

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
I think the only way to get any real results at this point would be if all of her backers pulled out until she switched to "gets paid per release" like I've seen some people on Patreon do. But then we'd run the risk of "Oh, I just fixed some typos here and there, this is a release, right?"..

Also, almost a full month since 0.3.21.. considering fields was only supposed to be locked away for a few days, is anyone else (not) surprised?

antediluvian

Dec 29, 2019
it really makes you wonder exactly what kind of spaghetti code is causing this whole mess if it isn't complacency causing the lack of progression.
Having dug around the guts of the code for a few weeks now, actually, the code is quite well organized (although a couple of the 20000+ line files (thanks to Java being Java) are sometimes in opposition to that). It's the hard-coded nature of the code that's the problem. Rather than being data-driven or being based on derived classes, most of the code is in the form of nested classes and enumerations that aren't extensible. To add a new encounter, place, new item, etc., before innoxia started her quest for externalization, you'd have to modify existing code rather than simply writing new code; even mixins don't cut it. So while everyone is bemoaning the lack of development, the delays in front-facing content are both inevitable and unavoidable at the sheer magnitude of the effort going in, and the end result -- however long it takes -- might even justify it. (The thing that is not justified is still collecting monthly payments for consistently pushed deadlines, lack of transparency, and broken promises. With regards to the PR, she really, really should stop making claims and just switch back to "it's done when it's done". I generally object on moral grounds to any form of crowdfunding at all, so I'm too biased to make a judgement call on the patronage scheme itself.)

Sarkath basically nailed it here:
At this point the general pattern of development strikes me more as disorganization than anything outright malicious. If I had to guess, she probably starts working on something, realizes that it would be better XYZ objects were stored externally, then goes off and makes an XML loader for XYZ. Then, after that's done and tested, the same exact thing happens when she gets to the fully-hardcoded ZYX object. Sure, at the end of the day you end up with a fully moddable sex game, but you also have a throng of people wondering why the hell the fields content is over a year late. ... I think if Inno's communications reflected the actual state of development people would be less upset, and I don't think her followers on SubStar would mind the delays all that much.

more opportunities to impersonate Enforcers (I've got a lowkey kink for cops)
that'd be something I'd be happy to work on as well on my side at some point
I've been working on an encounter myself where if you attempt to impersonate an Enforcer in a public thoroughfare without the Contractor badge, a local bobby might wonder why you're on their beat and interrogate you -- which leads to a couple encounters with Authorised Weapons Officers, and eventually ends (if you don't take the hint) with SWORD straight-up attacking you without an opportunity to surrender if you don't go into hiding for several game hours. I wrote up the SWORD encounter with a perfectly executed pincer on your position, surrounded by a half-dozen SWORD enforcers all yelling contradictory commands at you until they all simultaneously open fire with barely any hesitation, starting combat immediately... so it's kind of a rub against overzealous use of police force while also acknowledging that the constabulary in the capitol of Lilith's Dominion is not filled with utter incompetents.

Was also able to write up some fun stuff, like how armoured cars would work (body-armoured centaur-pulled, with built-in gunshields, and the centaurs proceeding to support the responding officers with rifles), and how police lights would work (old-timey arcane sirens and blue fireworks/flares, of course). I imagine it'd be rejected as non-canon, but it's a blast to reinterpret real-world police stuff for the game universe.

Currently it's more world building than it is kink. It was just definitely on my radar as one of the things the game desperately needs, since it feels ludicrous that Dominion would a) represent the weakest position of Lilith's empire, b) be described in-universe as having modern accoutrements and then be simultaneously described as having medieval-level technology, and c) allow player characters to run around and knock out Enforcers with total impunity (outside of any forthcoming questlines and the inevitable return to Dominion for a showdown with the big lady, anyway).

I've been talking in general. A lot of games here seem to fall into the endless development hell. Or devs decide to simply not work because they get patreon money either way
That's probably more true of every development project than just the games listed on F95 in particular. I know out of Early Access titles I've backed, only about 30% of them actually made it to fruition, and most of the ones that did make it ended up as radically different games. Some of the remaining percent were "completed", but were usually simply declared finished in spite of obviously being unfinished.

Heck, of the several software projects I've considered starting over the past five years, I've gotten past the conceptual phase on precisely zero of them.

HAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
It's been years since I've seen that reference. Kudos to that one!

As I didn't find any trace of this in the current code (yes, it is perfectly legal to reverse-engineer code where I am located for personal use) but would still like to confirm just in case I missed a few things, size difference just is cosmetic, correct?
I'm pretty sure 0.4.0 source code is already publicly accessible, so there's no need to reverse engineer! Just switch to the dev branch on the public repository on Github. It hasn't been migrated to the master branch, but it's the same code as the release version.

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
I think the only way to get any real results at this point would be if all of her backers pulled out until she switched to "gets paid per release" like I've seen some people on Patreon do.
"I lack the fund to continue working on this game so there you have it, 0.3.21 is now 1.0, goodbye forever. Modders can do what modders want but I don't care anymore lol"

Oct 26, 2017
Having dug around the guts of the code for a few weeks now, actually, the code is quite well organized (although a couple of the 20000+ line files (thanks to Java being Java) are sometimes in opposition to that). It's the hard-coded nature of the code that's the problem. Rather than being data-driven or being based on derived classes, most of the code is in the form of nested classes and enumerations that aren't extensible. To add a new encounter, place, new item, etc., before innoxia started her quest for externalization, you'd have to modify existing code rather than simply writing new code; even mixins don't cut it. So while everyone is bemoaning the lack of development, the delays in front-facing content are both inevitable and unavoidable at the sheer magnitude of the effort going in, and the end result -- however long it takes -- might even justify it. (The thing that is not justified is still collecting monthly payments for consistently pushed deadlines, lack of transparency, and broken promises. With regards to the PR, she really, really should stop making claims and just switch back to "it's done when it's done". I generally object on moral grounds to any form of crowdfunding at all, so I'm too biased to make a judgement call on the patronage scheme itself.)
I'm more and more convinced we have a rather strong modder and coder base here, which is something that only seems to apply to a limited amount of threads. And what's more, they know how to write proper (and funny) dialogue.
I've been working on an encounter myself where if you attempt to impersonate an Enforcer in a public thoroughfare without the Contractor badge, a local bobby might wonder why you're on their beat and interrogate you -- which leads to a couple encounters with Authorised Weapons Officers, and eventually ends (if you don't take the hint) with SWORD straight-up attacking you without an opportunity to surrender if you don't go into hiding for several game hours. I wrote up the SWORD encounter with a perfectly executed pincer on your position, surrounded by a half-dozen SWORD enforcers all yelling contradictory commands at you until they all simultaneously open fire with barely any hesitation, starting combat immediately... so it's kind of a rub against overzealous use of police force while also acknowledging that the constabulary in the capitol of Lilith's Dominion is not filled with utter incompetents.

Was also able to write up some fun stuff, like how armoured cars would work (body-armoured centaur-pulled, with built-in gunshields, and the centaurs proceeding to support the responding officers with rifles), and how police lights would work (old-timey arcane sirens and blue fireworks/flares, of course). I imagine it'd be rejected as non-canon, but it's a blast to reinterpret real-world police stuff for the game universe.

Currently it's more world building than it is kink. It was just definitely on my radar as one of the things the game desperately needs, since it feels ludicrous that Dominion would a) represent the weakest position of Lilith's empire, b) be described in-universe as having modern accoutrements and then be simultaneously described as having medieval-level technology, and c) allow player characters to run around and knock out Enforcers with total impunity (outside of any forthcoming questlines and the inevitable return to Dominion for a showdown with the big lady, anyway).
That spoiler is epic. I personally don't care for canon and I'm fairly sure at least a bunch of people would appreciate this. How long did it take you to come up with this and put it together in a XML file, if you don't mind me asking?
That's probably more true of every development project than just the games listed on F95 in particular. I know out of Early Access titles I've backed, only about 30% of them actually made it to fruition, and most of the ones that did make it ended up as radically different games. Some of the remaining percent were "completed", but were usually simply declared finished in spite of obviously being unfinished.

Heck, of the several software projects I've considered starting over the past five years, I've gotten past the conceptual phase on precisely zero of them.
Yeah, this is literally why I refuse to start any real project in this era. I'd rather give the unwelcome incubus countless blowjobs until I permanently lose my crazy psycho lesbian status effect than create something that wouldn't ever see the light - let alone charge people for any amount regardless of how much time I spent (and wasted, if there was no enjoyment to be had) on it. Where's the passion in this...? I know this era is an alternate dimension where random people get paid by random strangers for being lazy and old-school developers feel like they're more than just misfits (or outcasts, for that matter) but oh well. Maybe it just has to do with not being able to adapt to new standards. *shrugs*
I'm pretty sure 0.4.0 source code is already publicly accessible, so there's no need to reverse engineer! Just switch to the dev branch on the public repository on Github. It hasn't been migrated to the master branch, but it's the same code as the release version.
Damn, thanks a lot for this. I thought this still was the old code and was wondering how in the nine hells it was so similar... I'll blame Candi for this one, heh.

Again, thanks a lot for this post and the crazy enforcer stuff. Really, this is a good idea. If the community comes up with their own ideas and it doesn't clash with the main branch, we have something solid to build. But even if that isn't going to end up in the game, I hope you're going to keep that and not trash it!(y)

Jul 28, 2019
Right, so basically you got nothing.
No, I just couldn't be bothered trawling through your previous comments only to get in a flamewar with some random. Your initial posturing as Inno's 'customer' shows your penchant for, um, stretching the truth for rhetorical purposes.

My comment may have been asinine but it was hardly an argument. lol.

Your argument would be valid if Innoxia herself didn't style her relationship to SubscribeStar as: "... allowing me to treat development of Lilith's Throne as a full-time job." Also, if you read the descriptions of the perks on the SubscribeStar, they are direct promises in exchange for support, that entail that work is done: "Access to preview builds (available in-between full public releases)", "Early access to artwork commissions and other supplementary content (such as clothing mods or additional writing)", et cetera.
I wish people would stop treating it as though if your income source is a subscription service platform, like Patreon, or SubscribeStar, and you rely on that income, it somehow doesn't count as a "real job". In this day and age, the job market has changed radically, due to improving technologies and changes in culture.
If people are supporting you, based upon the promise that work will be done, and that a product is to be delivered, and then you go far enough to make public deadlines, and don't meet them? You deserve criticism. Admittedly, that criticism should be constructive, but criticism should still be given.
Now, before you reply with some smarmy nonsense. She has continually been given constructive criticism, such as being told to focus on the "official roadmap", or hire some developers to help her. Yet, she still hasn't changed, she still hasn't improved, so what're we to do?
It doesn't matter whether you directly support her or not, you can still be critical that other people are getting ripped off and being complacent about it. Because in turn, this influences the indie adult games market, and makes it seem as though this behavior is acceptable. This community, and the community of Lilth's Throne isn't a closed system, so save us your special pleading and wind your neck in.
Shit man, just download the game for free here.

If you want to advise people not to give Inno money go right ahead. Similarly there is no problem with people criticising Inno's development process or the game more generally and indeed it is good if that criticism is contructive.

Subscribestar is there for those who want to contribute financially, what's the problem with that? If you want to say the Patreon/Subscribestar relation can have a nasty effect on game development then I agree - look back to both the successes and the failures of Kickstater for both the pros and cons of it. But that is a long discussion which will take us off on a huge tangent.* If the argument is that Inno is shamefacedly milking people for money then I advise you to reconsider the move from Patreon a while back - and remember SS was a largely untested, experimental and siginificantly smaller/more uncertain concern than it is now - which was a signficant income loss in percentage terms that is ongoing. Has Inno somehow changed signficantly since then? I don't think so but you are free to make up your own mind.

(As to the personal invective look up Ad Hominen.)

* The most relevant starting point is probably how Inno's determination to satisfy the promised Patreon content massively fucked over the more general development processs.

feelotraveller
I hope you realize the irony of the situation on calling Tehlemon's on their repetitiveness, while bringing up another topic that has been swung back and forth to death on this thread. If you've been around long enough to notice a trend on his posts then, surely, you must've noticed this as well.

This is one of those arguments where no one "wins" because it's all a matter of opinion and personal standards. For the record, I'm talking about the whole "Inno doesn't owe us anything", "it's a free game so don't complain" and "this isn't her job because she receives donations, not a paycheck from us" and the standard spiel. You have your opinion and other people have theirs, you're not going to change their mind and neither are they.

I'll keep it short(ish) - just because Innoxia doesn't owe us anything doesn't mean we can't discuss and criticize her performance and shortcomings. Yes, even we can't do better ourselves. Yes, even if it's a "free" product. A developer that doesn't communicate her intentions clearly and/or systematically breaks her own promises is liable to get some backlash for it. The internet isn't a forgiving place. If you're the type of person to let things slide just because they are "free" then you do you, but that doesn't mean everyone else follows the same standards.
No I was intially calling out Tehlemon on their rhetorical strategy in posturing as a 'customer' given their often repeated comments. The repetitiveness of their criticisms is indeed my burden to bear but the strategy of twisting anything and everything to enbable more mud-slinging is a bridge too far. This was a clear exampe of it, hence the comment. (Though I do find it strange that you point out the 'controversial' topic with regard to my post rather than the earlier post by Tehlemon... sure, "I didn't start it, Mom" but come on.)

While I get that there are various opinions and standards on the 'owe' and 'free game' issue surely this is not the place for it. Take that discussion to Subscribestar and the other payment platforms. If you are being charged for downloading the game here then somewone is ripping you off! (This is a friendly comment/joke, just to make clear.)

To say it again, I don't have a problem with people criticising the game or Inno's development of it. Sometiimes I agree, sometimes I don't. The fact that multiple people have jumped down my throat for 'defending' Inno (wait what) should be enough to see which opinions are not being welcomed here, and by whom.

Actually rather then defending Inno I was asking people to get over themselves. Go on, prove me wrong and get more infuriated. :p

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<dialogue>
<!-- ENFORCER_UNIFORM_MAIN_STREET -->

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_UNIFORM_MAIN_STREET"><![CDATA[
<p>
You walk along proudly in your Enforcer uniform, representing Dominion's finest. Of course, you aren't actually an Enforcer. You find your heart pounding harder and harder, a slight arousal building inside you as you realise how dangerous it is to be impersonating a peace officer in full view of the public the midst of the <em>capital city of the demon world</em>.
</p>
<p>
Rounding a bend, another Enforcer, [npc.a_name(true)], nods pleasantly to you as you come into [npc.her] line of sight. A slightly puzzled expression crosses [npc.her] face after a moment, but [npc.she] tucks it away into an impassive expression almost as quickly. [npc.She] starts walking toward you, head cocked slightly, and looks as though [npc.she] wants to have a word.
</p>
]]> <!-- choices:
Bluff (Pretend to receive a radio call and respond.)
Chat (Stop to chat. The other officer just wants to chat to a co-worker, right?)
Bribe (5000¤) (Money doesn't solve problems, but it certainly creates alternative solutions.)
Ignore (Just keep walking. Nothing untoward here, don't mind me, la la la.)
Dash off (You've been made. Cheese it!)
-->
</htmlContent>

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_UNIFORM_MAIN_STREET_BLUFF"><![CDATA[
<p>
As [npc.name] comes closer, you suddenly raise your cellphone to your ear. [pc.speech(Go for R-W-8-0-1. Roger! 8-0-1, en route!)] you speak into your "radio".
</p>
<p>
It doesn't work. As you start off into a light jog in the direction of your supposed response, [npc.namePos] [npc.eyes] narrow and [npc.she] hesitates only briefly, looking more to be shocked at your sheer audacity than believing it for even a moment. A second later, you remember there aren't any radios or other cellphones in this world. What should have been a good bluff might as well have been painting a target on your forehead and waving a red flag as proudly as you could.
</p>
<p>
[npc.speech(Stop! In the name of the Queen!)] the Enforcer demands, drawing [npc.her] weapon in a flash. A couple bystanders, shocked by the announcement, turn to look and gawk. Several more stand aside or lunge for cover at the sudden appearance of a weapon.
</p>
]]> <!-- choices:
Submit ([npc.She] said 'in the name of the Queen', so you'd better do what she says. This will place you under arrest, of course, including forfeiture of any illegal properties.)
Bribe (5000¤) (Trying to bribe an officer, in full view of the public, with their weapon drawn? Are you out of your mind?) {Always greyed out.}
Fight! (Can you defeat this Enforcer right in the middle of a public carriageway? Hell yes!)
Escape! (Can you defeat this Enforcer right in the middle of a public carriageway? Hell no!) -->
</htmlContent>

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_UNIFORM_MAIN_STREET_CHAT"><![CDATA[
<p>
As [npc.name] comes closer, you smile at [npc.her].
</p>
<p>
[npc.Name] asks, [npc.speech(Er, can I help you, Constable...)] as she leans in to regard your nametag. [npc.she] blinks.
</p>
<p>
#IF(pc.getRace() == RACE_DEMON || pc.getRace() == RACE_HORSE_MORPH)
[npc.Name] leans back up and smiles at you, [npc.speech(My apologies, Constable. Are you by chance related to <em>Inspector</em> Lunettemartu?)]</p>
<p>[pc.speech(Distantly!)] you acknowledge with a chuckle. [pc.speech([pc.Daughter] of a cousin, twice removed. A bit of miscegenation in there.)]</p>
[npc.Name] quirks her mouth at your self-deprecating humour and gives you a curt nod and a friendly smile. [npc.speech(Welcome to the Enforcers, Constable!)] [npc.she] says in a welcoming tone. [npc.speech(Carry on, then.)]
#ELSE
Then, [npc.namePos] [npc.eyes] go quite flat. [npc.speech(Mmmhmm. Right then. And are you by any chance related to <em>Inspector</em> Lunettemartu?)]</p> The [npc.racePos] [npc.hand] is now resting on her weapon, ready to draw it without even a moment's hesitation.
<p>Busted.
#ENDIF
</p>
]]> <!-- choices:
Carry on (You used a bluff! It is super effective!) {if RACE_DEMON}
Bribe (5000¤) (Maybe you can convince [npc.herHim] to look the other way.) {If not RACE_DEMON}
Fight! (Can you defeat this Enforcer right in the middle of a public carriageway? Hell yes!) {If not RACE_DEMON}
Escape! (Can you defeat this Enforcer right in the middle of a public carriageway? Hell no!) {If not RACE_DEMON} -->
</htmlContent>

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_UNIFORM_MAIN_STREET_BRIBE"><![CDATA[
<p>
As [npc.name] comes closer, you smile at [npc.her].
</p>
<p>
[npc.Name] asks, [npc.speech(Er, can I help you, Constable...)] as she leans in to regard your nametag. [npc.She] then notices the generous purse of flames that you are holding just beneath it. [npc.Name] scowls slightly, but stares at you, duty warring with avarice.
</p>
<p>
[pc.speech(I just took these proceeds of crime off of a suspect in one of the Alleyways,)] you explain calmly. [pc.speech(I was about to log it into the station...)]
</p>
<p>
[npc.Name] glances back and forth. [npc.speech(No need, Constable. I'll be happy to log that evidence for you.)] [npc.She] snatches it from your hand, then whispers harshly as [npc.she] says, [npc.speech(I don't know what in oblivion you think you're doing impersonating an Enforcer, but you'd better put that uniform away and be gone, because if I catch you again, my baton is going into every orifice of yours I can find, and I may just make a few new ones for the purpose. Clear?)]
</p>
<p>
You nod quickly. [npc.Name] makes another glance back and forth and then nods to you. [npc.speech(Carry on then, Constable,)] [npc.she] says for the sake of any onlookers, and continues walking. The "evidence" is already nowhere to be seen.
</p>
]]>
</htmlContent>

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_UNIFORM_MAIN_STREET_CHAT_BRIBE"><![CDATA[
<p>
[pc.speech(I just wanted to say, Sergeant,)] you murmur, knowing the danger you're in, [pc.speech(I took these proceeds of crime off of a suspect in one of the Alleyways.)] You hold up a pouch of flames. [pc.speech(I was about to log it into the station...)]
</p>
<p>
[npc.Name] glances back and forth, scowling fiercely but [npc.her] professional duty waging a war against simple avarice. Avarice wins. [npc.speech(No need, Constable. I'll be happy to log that evidence for you.)] [npc.She] snatches it from your hand, then whispers harshly as [npc.she] says, [npc.speech(I don't know what in oblivion you think you're doing impersonating an Enforcer, but you'd better put that uniform away and be gone, because if I catch you again, my baton is going into every orifice of yours I can find, and I may just make a few new ones for the express purpose. Clear?)]
</p>
<p>
You nod quickly. [npc.Name] makes another glance back and forth and then nods to you. [npc.speech(Carry on then, Constable,)] [npc.she] says for the sake of any onlookers, and continues walking. The "evidence" is already nowhere to be seen.
</p>
]]>
</htmlContent>

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_UNIFORM_MAIN_STREET_IGNORE_SUCCESS"><![CDATA[
<p>
You simply carry on walking, giving [npc.name] a curt nod. [pc.speech(Sorry, Sergeant, I must be at the Headquarters in no time at all.)] [npc.She] hesitates, following you for a few moments, before deciding that [npc.she] is worrying over nothing.
</p>
<p>
[npc.speech(Carry on then, Constable,)] [npc.she] says.
</p>
]]> <!-- choices:
Carry on (You used a bluff! It is super effective!) -->
</htmlContent>

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_UNIFORM_MAIN_STREET_IGNORE_FAILURE"><![CDATA[
<p>
You simply carry on walking, giving [npc.name] a curt nod. [pc.speech(Sorry, Sergeant, I must be at the Headquarters in no time at all.)] [npc.She] hesitates a moment, but hastens [npc.her] pace to catch up with you.
</p>
<p>
[npc.speech(I wasn't informed we were receiving any new recruits in my borough today. What's your name and collar number?)]
</p>
<p>
[pc.speech(I'm [pc.name], just assigned to Woolwich. My collar number is #R-W-8-0-1,)] you blurt out, hoping you sound convincing.
</p>
<p>
[npc.She] draws [npc.her] sidearm so quickly that you don't even have a chance to react before you find it pointed at your nose. [npc.speech(I am an authorised weapons officer! I am trained to use all necessary force!)] [npc.she] shouts in a spine-tingling authoritative tone. [npc.speech(Place your hands upon your head and get down upon your knees! I am placing you under arrest!)] You're not certain what tipped [npc.herHim] off... though what it was, exactly, is rather less relevant than [npc.her] weapon pointing at you.
</p>
]]> <!-- choices:
Submit (Place your hands upon your head and get down upon your knees. Not much room for interpretation. This will place you under arrest, of course, including forfeiture of any illegal properties.)
Bribe (5000¤) (There isn't a snowball's chance in hell of bribing your way out of this one.) {Always greyed out.}
Fight! (Can you defeat this Enforcer right in the middle of a public carriageway? Hell yes!)
Escape! (Can you defeat this Enforcer right in the middle of a public carriageway? Hell no!) -->
</htmlContent>

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_UNIFORM_MAIN_STREET_AFTER_COMBAT"><![CDATA[
<p>
#IF(npc.isAttractedTo(pc))
[npc.name] slumps down, panting heavily. [npc.speech(Who the bloody hell <em>are</em> you?)] [npc.she] breathes with wide [npc.eyes], your powerful aura having an effect on [npc.herHim] as [npc.she] tries &mdash; and fails &mdash; to avoid groping [npc.herHim]self.
#ELSE
[npc.name] slumps down, panting heavily. [npc.speech(Who the bloody hell <em>are</em> you?)] [npc.she] breathes with wide [npc.eyes], looking down at [npc.her] feet in abject shame.
#ENDIF
</p>
<p>
You haven't the time to play around, however. Already, dutiful passersby are scrambling to ring alarm bells or pull arcane flares in nearby Enforcer booths, and in the distance you hear the echoes of several carriage-wagons travelling at much-faster-than-normal speed, bounding in to your location, with arcane-powered noises blaring in the characteristic rise-and-fall of an old-timey cranked siren. Based on the rate of approach, they will be upon you in no time at all.
<p>
You need to get out of here. Now. Since [npc.name] will almost certainly be giving a description of you to the Enforcers who respond, it might also be best to avoid the main streets for a while...
</p>
]]> <!-- add effect "Wanted" which creates Enforcer combat encounters on main streets until duration expires, resetting to 4 hours + 1 hour for each additional combat won; if you win at least one combat against the four-person armed response team officers, SWORD Enforcer teams will appear also -->
</htmlContent>

<!-- ENFORCER_ALERT_* -->

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_ALERT_BACK_ALLEY_PATROL_OFFICERS"><![CDATA[
<p>
The alleyway, much like any other alleyway, is all but deserted, so you have plenty of opportunity to see [npc.name(true)] and [npc2.name(true)] as they come into view, in full Enforcer body armour. Both officers share a look with one another, then start running toward you, each running alongside one of the walls of the alleyway to ensure that there is no hope of getting past them.
</p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0px">
[npc.speech(Halt! Frontline Patrol!)]
</p>
<p style="margin-top:0px">
[npc2.speech(Hands upon your head! Now! Do it now!)]
</p>
]]> <!-- choices:
Submit (Put your hands upon your head, get down upon your knees, and hope they don't intend to use those batons for something other than bludgeoning you.)
Bribe (5000¤) (Not bloody likely.) {Always greyed out.}
Fight! (You might have a chance to defeat them. Might.)
Escape! (There are a million ways to run through the alleys. You only need to find one of them.)
-->
</htmlContent>

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_ALERT_MAIN_STREET_PATROL_OFFICERS"><![CDATA[
<p>
The regular street traffic continues unabated; nothing seems abnormal until you notice an Enforcer wagon led by a body-armoured centaur. The centaur locks eyes with you and shouts something back to his companions in the vehicle. Almost as immediately, the arcane siren blips twice as a dazzling sequence of blue flares begin shooting into the sky from its roof, and the centaur quickly drags the wagon to the side of the road as the two occupants leap out, taking shelter behind the wagon's doors. The centaur hauls a body shield off his back and takes cover behind it.
</p>
<p style="margin-bottom:0px">
[npc.speech(Halt! Frontline Patrol!)]
</p>
<p style="margin-top:0px">
[npc2.speech(Hands upon your head! Now! Do it now!)]
</p>
]]> <!-- choices:
Submit (Put your hands upon your head, get down upon your knees, and hope they don't intend to use their batons for something other than bludgeoning you.)
Bribe (5000¤) (They don't look very interested in taking bribes right now.) {Always greyed out.}
Fight! (You might have a chance to defeat them.)
Escape! (They are over there. You are a ways over here. You might be able to make that a little farther.)
-->
</htmlContent>

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_ALERT_MAIN_STREET_ARMED_RESPONSE_OFFICERS"><![CDATA[
<p>
The regular street traffic continues unabated; you notice the Enforcer Special Weapons Officer wagon the same moment that it notices you. An arcane siren blares suddenly as the centaurs pulling the wagon are ordered to throw the vehicle across all lanes of the carriageway, making a direct line toward you as you turn to run. A dazzling display of blue flares begins shooting from the roof &mdash; a pointed reminder to any bystanders to make themselves scarce, as the centaurs roughly drag the wagon across the median, the axles groaning in protest. Other wagoners pull over as quickly as they can to allow it through.
</p>
<p>
You are no match for an expertly trained pair of centaur haulers on a flat carriageway. The carriage screeches to a halt mere metres from you, the professionally-trained and body-armoured centaurs locking their knees, hooves skidding across the pavement as they throw all their might into stopping it mere moments after they threw all their might into accelerating it as hard as they could. Four uniformed Enforcers leap from the carriage doors, all of them charging at you with weapons drawn. Your lifelong history of abiding by the law in your old reality betrays you, causing you to hesitate and consider your options for just a moment when it comes to facing down the bill, especially as they appear just as well-armed and authoritative in this reality as they do in yours, if not moreso. [npc.speech(Halt! Enforcers! You are under arrest!)], says [npc.name], the evident commander of the Authorised Weapons team.
</p>
<p>
[npc2.speech(Down on the ground! We will use all necessary force! Do it! Do it now!)], says [npc2.name].
</p>
<p>
[npc3.Name] and [npc4.name] look every bit as menacing as their fellows as they fan out toward the flanks. Even the centaurs pull out pepperball rifles as they make ready to provide fire support, still harnessed to the wagons in case they need to resume pursuit.
</p>
]]> <!-- choices:
Submit (Put your hands upon your head, get down upon your knees, and hope they don't intend to use their batons for something other than bludgeoning you.)
Bribe (5000¤) (They don't look particularly interested in a bribe. Rather, they look quite hostile, to say the least.) {Always greyed out.} Bribe (100 000 000¤) (I WILL GIVE ONE HUNDRED MILLION FLAMES TO WHOEVER GETS ME OUT OF HERE! Great Scott, you can afford this?!) {Replaces option if you have it.}
Fight! (You might be able to fight them off long enough to escape, or even to defeat them, though it's a long shot either way.)
Escape! (They're right next to you, and those weapons are ranged!) {Always greyed out.}
-->
</htmlContent>

<htmlContent tag="ENFORCER_ALERT_MAIN_STREET_SWORD_OFFICERS"><![CDATA[
<p>
A blaring sound like that of a truck horn begins to emit ten-fold louder than any truck you've ever heard, repeatedly sounding from a heavily-armoured carriage which is speeding down the carriageway in your direction. It smashes through the front quarter an oncoming wagon with reckless abandon, utterly obliterating the entire right half of the wagon without even flinching as the centaurs hauling it leap desperately for safety. A pair of heavily-armoured Enforcers are hanging from the sides of the wagon, and the one closest to the devastation neatly hops close to the armoured carriage to avoid the wreckage. A team of four centaurs hauling the armoured wagon are visible through an enclosure of thick arcane-polymer windows shrouded in steel, and their expressions are harder than the armour they are shrouded in. As you turn to run, you see another wagon just like it crashing down the lane from the opposite direction. There's nowhere to go. Knowing that the mets are on alert because of you, you scan desperately for an exit, but find that all addresses nearby are already rolling down metal shutters as quickly as they can.
</p>
<p>
As the wagon draws nearer, the pair of Enforcers leap from it and begin charging toward you even before the wagon comes to a complete stop. Another four Enforcers disgorge from the vehicle doors.
</p>
<p style='margin-bottom:0px'>
[npc.speech(Positive ID! Go, go, go!)] the leader of the six-person team states perfunctorily, every officer already well aware, and then addresses you in a booming voice, [npc.speech(SWORD! Stop where you are! Surrender immediately!)] A cacophony of threats, some of them contradictory, are shouted simultaneously by everyone else.
</p>
<p style='margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px'>[npc2.speech(Do not resist! Stop resisting!)]</p>
<p style='margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px'>[npc5.speech(Down on the ground!)]</p>
<p style='margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px'>[npc3.speech(Fire at will!)]</p>
<p style='margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px'>[npc6.speech(Stand where you are! Don't move!)]</p>
<p style='margin-top:0px'>[npc4.speech(You're fucked right proper, bitch!)]</p>
<p>
Not concerned in the least to hear any answer you might give, a spray of pepperballs, almost thick enough to wade through, puffs all around you as all four SWORD Enforcers unleash hell. At least two innocent bystanders near you are struck by pepperballs as well, even as everyone dives for whatever shelter they can find... which, in the middle of this boulevard, is quite little.
</p>
]]> <!-- choices:
Submit (They asked you to surrender, but they certainly aren't giving you the chance. You might be able to try submitting in combat.) {Always greyed out.}
Bribe (5000¤) (You suspect that a money pouch won't stop pepper bullets.) {Always greyed out.}
Fight! (Resisting or not, they're trying to shoot you! In the interest of self-preservation, you might want to think about that.)
Escape! (They already have you surrounded!) {Always greyed out.}
-->
</htmlContent>

</dialogue>

Sounds pretty dope, brah.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
I never really liked the idea of real-world politics being too on the nose in my porn games personally, I just want to fap.
I think it could be fun if done right. I wouldn't mind a more realistic take on a sex game. Rather than the twin powers of magic and nepotism, you'd use wealth and political power to fuck whoever you wanted. A Harvey Weinstein or Silvio Berlusconi simulator, if you will.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
This. All of my THIS.

I really wish people would stop forgetting this shit.

Well, I'm not a backer on SS so I can't really comment on this, but what I don't really understand is why people would keep "tipping" if they don't like it, unless the subscription is enforced or something.
I mean, probably for the same reason we're all still here. The game idea had potential, even if we're just watching it be wasted.

I think the only way to get any real results at this point would be if all of her backers pulled out until she switched to "gets paid per release" like I've seen some people on Patreon do. But then we'd run the risk of "Oh, I just fixed some typos here and there, this is a release, right?"..

Also, almost a full month since 0.3.21.. considering fields was only supposed to be locked away for a few days, is anyone else (not) surprised?
There was enough noise in the blog comments to where she finally had to address the fact that she had been saying she was working on the fields while not actually working on the fields. I 100% believe the blog comments are the only reason she stopped working on the garbo Nyan rewrite and started working on the fields.

But that only happened because there were blog posts with 900+ comments laughing at how shit this development is (and you all think this thread is busy)

She turned those off saying they'd be back on with 0.4.0. I guess since 0.4.0 hasn't *really* been released, we shouldn't have expected her to turn comments back on.

"I lack the fund to continue working on this game so there you have it, 0.3.21 is now 1.0, goodbye forever. Modders can do what modders want but I don't care anymore lol"
I can think of a few people who would be happy with this outcome. I mean, shit, the CoC1 development only really died off recently. And they fixed a shit ton of problems with that game's code (but not it being flash...)

I'm more and more convinced we have a rather strong modder and coder base here
That's because we do.

But there's only a handful who want to dig into this game. Because anything of substance you want to add will have to be hard coded into the game, and anyone who's looked knows how much of the game needs to be re-written. And when each bit is going to be re-written seems to be random. Like the "surprise, we redid the species code!" update. I absolutely wouldn't want to mod anything meaningful into the game knowing that any work I do now will be wasted at random.

Plus the stuff I'd really want to play with is the sim elements, and the game engine can't handle it.

No, I just couldn't be bothered trawling through your previous comments only to get in a flamewar with some random.
And yet here you are. You literally only joined the conversation to start a flamewar.

Everyone who replied to you "proved you wrong." Just keep your head buried in the sand. As long as you ignore anything anyone says contrary to what you believe, you can just keep on feeling superior.

I never really liked the idea of real-world politics being too on the nose in my porn games personally, I just want to fap.
It helps with world building, and I like world building in porn games.

Selen99

Dec 27, 2018
How are you supposed to fight Brax so early in the game? I was going for the main quest hoping it will explain how the game works, but how can you fight lvl 10 Brax on lvl 3? I know there is a way with a perk to lie to him, but if I actually go for a fight he win in 1 round and I can't do anything about it. Only side quest I have is the one where you need to fight 2 Dobermans, which looks easier, but still no way I can win this right now. How are you supposed to lvl up? I mean I was just doing quests... Any tips? Thanks in advance...

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
How are you supposed to fight Brax so early in the game? I was going for the main quest hoping it will explain how the game works, but how can you fight lvl 10 Brax on lvl 3? I know there is a way with a perk to lie to him, but if I actually go for a fight he win in 1 round and I can't do anything about it. Only side quest I have is the one where you need to fight 2 Dobermans, which looks easier, but still no way I can win this right now. How are you supposed to lvl up? I mean I was just doing quests... Any tips? Thanks in advance...
Get the "observant" trait to talk your way out of the encounter.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes