PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
harpies aren't pure bird, they're more human/bird hybrids. It's just not the same, man
How much bird are we talking? Aren't the trio (Brittany, Diana, and Lexi) plus Helena full-bird? What about demon-bird furies?

I'm just genuinely curious, as a bird-fanatic, about where the line is for someone who thinks those aren't enough. Like, what would it need to be like? What aspects and traits would they have?

Reactions: Fizel

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
How much bird are we talking? Aren't the trio (Brittany, Diana, and Lexi) plus Helena full-bird? What about demon-bird furies?

I'm just genuinely curious, as a bird-fanatic, about where the line is for someone who thinks those aren't enough. Like, what would it need to be like? What aspects and traits would they have?
First off, they don't have beaks, which is already verboten, but also, they have much more humanoid flesh.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Furies I'd imagine would more like winged demons with feathers.
Standalone raptors would (most likely) be manifested as anthro birds (specifically birds of prey, whereas harpies are predominantly based on smaller birds like birds of paradise, their feral equivalent, with a couple larger types of avians as sub-species), instead of people with bird features.

Reactions: Sarkath

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018

Harpies can only be 'lesser' so they are still partly human. Raptors will be able to spawn as 'greater' it seems, so actually fully bird not bird-humans.

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
Harpies can only be 'lesser' so they are still partly human. Raptors will be able to spawn as 'greater' it seems, so actually fully bird not bird-humans.
The game still mentions lips instead of a beak, just like with gryphons, who are feral compatible, but I suppose this is just a limitation, as keeping track of that is a pain and would limit most mouth actions.
Edit: The code says that gryphons and raptors have beaks, its just that the game does not check for it in all cases. Maybe Inno will address it soon since the raptor was her idea, while the gryphon is technically a mod that was added to the source code.

Maybe once modders do that work.
They have, we have mods that add feral clothing, ferals to the encounter table and a feral transformative (its just a toggle without transformation text) as well as races that are feral by default. The only thing missing is having characters that were written to be ferals, but the modding support is too shite for something that ambitious.

Last edited:

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, I see what you're getting at. Most people think of a humanized Greek-variant of harpy when they discuss or refer to the species as a whole. What you seem to want is something more like what you'd see in a scifi movie, if we were to visit a new planet full of avian-like creatures with human-tier sentience.
The game still mentions lips instead of a beak, just like with gryphons, who are feral compatible, but I suppose this is just a limitation, as keeping track of that is a pain and would limit most mouth actions.
I was about to mention this some point. I've personally never seen snouts -- for example -- specifically mentioned anywhere in any descriptions where a character has a dog/fox face, but wasn't sure if anything changed.

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
I checked the source code for you: The game has pretty advanced tracking of muzzles, fangs, beak etc.. However, it is used basically nowhere in the game. Beaks are mentioned in the description when applying a color to it and the game will say "muzzles" instead of "faces" if it tries to say "faces" of a group with only muzzled creatures.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
I checked the source code for you: The game has pretty advanced tracking of muzzles, fangs, beak etc.. However, it is used basically nowhere in the game. Beaks are mentioned in the description when applying a color to it and the game will say "muzzles" instead of "faces" if it tries to say "faces" of a group with only muzzled creatures.
So, the features are commented out and thus do not exist at this point in time of the discussion.

So, basically everything is a lesser, regardless. Considering that system even exists and the extent to which it'd need to be implemented, you can be sure it'll be yet another superficial pool of placeholders when it does arrive. Just thinking on the variables and possibilities alone has me ready to kill myself and I'm not even the Dev.

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
So, the features are commented out and thus do not exist at this point in time of the discussion.

So, basically everything is a lesser, regardless. Considering that system even exists and the extent to which it'd need to be implemented, you can be sure it'll be yet another superficial pool of placeholders when it does arrive. Just thinking on the variables and possibilities alone has me ready to kill myself and I'm not even the Dev.
Not commented out, it is working and taking up resources in the background, just to little effect right now.

Inno has proven that she can make these changes when she cares about it, she somehow made centaurs work and ferals are in a decent spot even through you can't legitimately access them yet. There hasn't really been a call to get snouts and beaks to work. Probably because snouts have lips and there was only one rare race with a beak until right now.

Best bet is for some java coder to add beak support (with accompanying blowjob replacement) or somehow getting it on Inno's priority list, probably delaying everything else by months.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
Not commented out, it is working and taking up resources in the background, just to little effect right now.
That's worse.

Inno has proven that she can make these changes when she cares about it, she somehow made centaurs work and ferals are in a decent spot even through you can't legitimately access them yet. There hasn't really been a call to get snouts and beaks to work. Probably because snouts have lips and there was only one rare race with a beak until right now.

Best bet is for some java coder to add beak support (with accompanying blowjob replacement) or somehow getting it on Inno's priority list, probably delaying everything else by months.
Exactly what I was thinking. There's no way this would get done in reasonable time. It'd delay delays by delayed amounts of delayed time right after she's finally gotten around to working on the Fields content.

Reactions: fudejoranek

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
i'll admit i'm curious about the whole 'feral' thing. can somebody concisely explain what exactly being 'feral' is supposed to do? because i have an idea but i dont like not knowing and finding any information about this game's races and systems is like pulling teeth.

i say this because, as a perosn who plays a spider-morph quite a lot - and more often than not a drider - when i fully transform my lower half into a spider body...does that count as what the feral thing is supposed to be? or is feral something more, like a full transformation into that specific race? like, spider-morphs are just humanoid spiders, spider-taurs are driders, i guess, but is feral a full spider transformation or something else?

to that guy a few pages back that asked what we'd be interested in seeing, i have a couple i'm surprised so few people have asked for:
- Chimera morphs
- mermaids
- sirens?
- Elves
- subspecies being light/dark. typical fantasy shit i guess. also fits with mythology.
- dwarves - fits with mythology as well.
- Bees/wasps - for more ovipositor content i guess
- maybe hornet subspecies?
- Ant morphs
- Moth morphs
- butterfly morph subspecies?
- Kobold
- Toads
- Frog subspecies?
- Slug/snail morphs
- Goblin
- Manticore morphs
- Sphynx morphs
- mole morphs
- scorpion morphs
- Youko morph to finally be added because hot damn have we been waiting
fitting with the Japanese theme of Youko - Inno's replacement for kitsune i'll bet - here's a few that could be added to fit with the theme.
- Oni
- Yuki-Onna - standard human looks but with arms, legs, or any part really, replaced with elemental ice.
- Tengu - subspecies of harpy?
- Genbu
- Tanuki - how tf hasn't this been added yet with raccoon-morphs and shit like wtf inno come on-
- Akugyo/Amubie - basically a mermaid species.
- Jorogumo - i know there's basically one in the game already with Yui in Ellis but maybe something more accessible?

that's it really. thank you for coming to my TED-Talk.

Reactions: Ronnual

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
i'll admit i'm curious about the whole 'feral' thing. can somebody concisely explain what exactly being 'feral' is supposed to do? because i have an idea but i dont like not knowing and finding any information about this game's races and systems is like pulling teeth.

i say this because, as a perosn who plays a spider-morph quite a lot - and more often than not a drider - when i fully transform my lower half into a spider body...does that count as what the feral thing is supposed to be? or is feral something more, like a full transformation into that specific race? like, spider-morphs are just humanoid spiders, spider-taurs are driders, i guess, but is feral a full spider transformation or something else?
Yes, a feral spider-morph would literally just be a (big) spider.

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
You lose your arms, unless you had arm-wings, and non-udder breasts.
Ferals still have human intelligence, but cannot talk (they still talk when feral is applied illegitimately)

In-universe Feral is supposed to be a temporary state that you cannot transform into or out of, but when exposed to a beast stone you get the effect depending on how long you were exposed. People in feral form are taboo because there was a history of ferals being big on rape, even through you can't walk two steps in the game without someone trying it anyway.

There is also the fact that there are specific ferality rules for breeding in the game, suggesting that there is at least a genetic way to be feral. (the female gives their ferality status to the child, feral males make children the most furry possible for their species)

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
i have a couple i'm surprised so few people have asked for:
- Chimera morphs
- mermaids
- sirens?
- Elves
- subspecies being light/dark. typical fantasy shit i guess. also fits with mythology.
- dwarves - fits with mythology as well.
- Bees/wasps - for more ovipositor content i guess
- maybe hornet subspecies?
- Ant morphs
- Moth morphs
- butterfly morph subspecies?
- Kobold
- Toads
- Frog subspecies?
- Slug/snail morphs
- Goblin
- Manticore morphs
- Sphynx morphs
- mole morphs
- scorpion morphs
- Youko morph to finally be added because hot damn have we been waiting
fitting with the Japanese theme of Youko - Inno's replacement for kitsune i'll bet - here's a few that could be added to fit with the theme.
- Oni
- Yuki-Onna - standard human looks but with arms, legs, or any part really, replaced with elemental ice.
- Tengu - subspecies of harpy?
- Genbu
- Tanuki - how tf hasn't this been added yet with raccoon-morphs and shit like wtf inno come on-
- Akugyo/Amubie - basically a mermaid species.
- Jorogumo - i know there's basically one in the game already with Yui in Ellis but maybe something more accessible?
Humanoids like elves are rejected on some basis like, "Human with long ears, human with chubby body" and so forth. I don't know what was specifically stated, but it's something along that.

I don't think urban legends are on the table, either. Those would see an equivalent species, like yukionna becoming a race of frost fairies or something, if I had to guess. Again, not 100%. Youko makes some sense because it's basically just a mystic fox spirit. We already have foxes, just add magic.

I'd love to see sirens, but this game is clogged with enough races and I can just do it myself. I scrapped my project to design owl-harpies, on basis of racial-clogging, until I can give them a meaningful existence beyond "different color feathers, thicker wings, kooky necks, and bigger eyes."

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I'm curious to know if the code from AceXP actually does what is claimed, and reduces the massive lag when you have large numbers of unmet offspring. Can anyone confirm?

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
Edit: The code says that gryphons and raptors have beaks, its just that the game does not check for it in all cases. Maybe Inno will address it soon since the raptor was her idea, while the gryphon is technically a mod that was added to the source code.

They have, we have mods that add feral clothing, ferals to the encounter table and a feral transformative (its just a toggle without transformation text) as well as races that are feral by default. The only thing missing is having characters that were written to be ferals, but the modding support is too shite for something that ambitious.
Oh? I scrolled through that google doc and didn't see anything. I'll look again.

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
Oh? I scrolled through that google doc and didn't see anything. I'll look again.
I don't know about a google doc, as far as I know the most complete list is the discord mod channel, sadly discord searching isn't that good, so I tend to just filter by the mod channel and search for one keyword.

There have been multiple attempts to get the mods into a more convenient format, but because none of the attempts were officially endorsed by Inno, not all mods from the mod channel get uploaded there.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
i'll admit i'm curious about the whole 'feral' thing. can somebody concisely explain what exactly being 'feral' is supposed to do?
Ferals are this game's take on bestiality... with a twist. Ferals are basically animals appearance-wise but smarter. Might not be the best/most accurate description but it sort of reminds me of familiars, the kind that hang out with witches and help/guide them.

---------------------------------------

Can anyone who played the latest version report on the performace gains from this patch? It was supposed to fix the issue with having a ton of (unmet) offspring about, causing lag spikes and performance drops, but I haven't played it myself yet to know... just curious.

Also, barring the need for a hotfix, Inno has announced she's off for Christmas and New Year. I know its the holiday season and all that but I just find it ironic to anounce a vacation right after all that happened. After several delays and minimal patches in a row (some of which were inflated/padded by mod contributions to look bigger/more meaningful) I guess now is the time as any to take a well-deserved rest after all that "hard work". How long did she "took off" this year now? 2-3 months? Feels like each year there's less and less being done while her breaks just grow larger or more frequent.

Were it anyone else and I'd be more understanding over having personal issues but it happens so often with Inno that I'm kind of becoming desensitized to it.

Last edited:

DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
i'll admit i'm curious about the whole 'feral' thing.
Not sure if anyone else is masochistic enough to have seen it, but there is a "feral bad end" to Innoxia's new dairy near Elis if you keep pushing and investigating certain things. You don't actually get to play the game as a feral unfortunately, but your description changes, and it's a pretty nightmarish bad end.

Are we ready to accept the idea that she's just sucking money out of the system, now?

It's a blunt and direct assertion, but what else can you call this?
Been there for a while. It's the new WeG business model sadly

Reactions: PussyPassAnon
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes