IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I once thought so too, then I started programming. Don't expect a miracle, everything can be done now or never.
Good for you?

The fact Inno has to refactor and convert chunks of her game to make things modder-friendly should be an indication that maybe it's not an as optimized or as easy as you make it to be, otherwise we would be seeing more mods in different areas and not just the specific content she went over and converted into XML. For the record, I am aware that there are people in the community who write fixes and overhauls but those are far and few in between.

It's like carrying a sandbag over your shoulder on in a trolley. You can do both but one is easier and convenient that the other. The whole "I'm a programmer now so this is ez, everyone else are noobs" flex is wholly unnecessary and changes absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Mistik

Jun 3, 2018
Good for you?

The fact Inno has to refactor and convert chunks of her game to make things modder-friendly should be an indication that maybe it's not an as optimized or as easy as you make it to be, otherwise we would be seeing more mods in different areas and not just the specific content she went over and converted into XML. For the record, I am aware that there are people in the community who write fixes and overhauls but those are far and few in between.

It's like carrying a sandbag over your shoulder on in a trolley. You can do both but one is easier and convenient that the other. The whole "I'm a programmer now so this is ez, everyone else are noobs" flex is wholly unnecessary and changes absolutely nothing.
I'm not a programmer, but thanks to one person in the "mod discussion" I've made enough mods. It doesn't matter what else is made supported through the xml file, the important thing is that no one will create anything.

When support for items came out, I thought about how I can make potions out of them. I thought that there should be an option in the future (for example, as a throwable weapon), but as we see there is nothing like that. Only programming.

JD59

Jun 20, 2018
So I'm currently dating Nyan and I have to answer her mother's questions in order to stay with her. Can anyone give me the answers, please ?

caju

Oct 5, 2017
So I'm currently dating Nyan and I have to answer her mother's questions in order to stay with her. Can anyone give me the answers, please ?
Golden threads, fields of daisies, bake scones.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Does the flashlight do fuck all. Text on it implies it would be useful for say exploring the dark alleyways but no...

Aside from enchanting equips and potions, essence does fuck all yeah? Cause it still seems that if you run the game as intended and have a limit on enchant capacity, you can't do anything else with it edit: not counting using it as ammo for worthless ranged weapons as there aint really any distance to take advantage of

Still seems aside from level drain seems no way to actually level without resorting to old fashioned violence

This and other stuff reminds me of why I never finished playing this in the first :/
You'll find that most of the games progression works that way. They're not progression curves, they're progression knee-high-fences; very easy to overcome unless you set stupid self inflicting rules, and nothing to do on the other side.

Just get them all wrong, skip a week, and then it won't matter. The game will literally not allow you to fail the quiz twice, and there's zero consequence for even trying to do so.

JD59

Jun 20, 2018
You'll find that most of the games progression works that way. They're not progression curves, they're progression knee-high-fences; very easy to overcome unless you set stupid self inflicting rules, and nothing to do on the other side.

Just get them all wrong, skip a week, and then it won't matter. The game will literally not allow you to fail the quiz twice, and there's zero consequence for even trying to do so.
Or I can just reload my save file and start over the quiz so I can get them all. Here are the right answers :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Or I can just reload my save file and start over the quiz so I can get them all. Here are the right answers :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That works too

For that second question, the kiss her option also works. And I think you get glared at for it or something.

Shakalak

Oct 26, 2021
Anyone know where I can naturally find a dragon-morph, or if they're even available yet without using the debug menu?

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
Why does this run so poorly? The delay and the game going full on hur dur shut down if you angrily click to many times is annoying :FacePalm:
This just a java thing? I forgot about it and how it was the number one annoyance for why I never finished last time

Reactions: Tiasung

sumojim

Nov 4, 2021
Why does this run so poorly? The delay and the game going full on hur dur shut down if you angrily click to many times is annoying :FacePalm:
This just a java thing? I forgot about it and how it was the number one annoyance for why I never finished last time
java was the devs first language and was learning to program while making the game

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
The best theory ATM is that it's largely due to the game tracking updates for every single character in the game every single "turn".

Limiting the number of extant NPC's is one way of combating this. Getting rid of the randos who spawn in alleyways and tunnels after you've dealt with them and limiting the number of your offspring, basically.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
The best theory ATM is that it's largely due to the game tracking updates for every single character in the game every single "turn".

Limiting the number of extant NPC's is one way of combating this. Getting rid of the randos who spawn in alleyways and tunnels after you've dealt with them and limiting the number of your offspring, basically.
basically: be smart and efficient, not horny

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Anyone know where I can naturally find a dragon-morph, or if they're even available yet without using the debug menu?
Check your Furry Preferences and make sure you haven't disabled the various dragon morphs. Also, you might want to check your spawn frequency, if you have it set to low/minimal you might not see any.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you turn off some of the various morphs that can spawn. There is somewhere around a dozen dog morphs, about the same number of cat races, and in general a crap ton of various 'themes' of the major races (dogs, cats, horses), so disabling some of the various types can help spawn the races you do want to see.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Check your Furry Preferences and make sure you haven't disabled the various dragon morphs. Also, you might want to check your spawn frequency, if you have it set to low/minimal you might not see any.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you turn off some of the various morphs that can spawn. There is somewhere around a dozen dog morphs, about the same number of cat races, and in general a crap ton of various 'themes' of the major races (dogs, cats, horses), so disabling some of the various types can help spawn the races you do want to see.
That won't change anything. Dragons are currently set to spawn only in Volcano, Mountain, and Desert terrain. To make them spawn in Dominion or elsewhere you have to edit the dragon.xml file. Also if you want the various sub-species to spawn you have to edit each one separately.

OffPathGames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2020
That won't change anything. Dragons are currently set to spawn only in Volcano, Mountain, and Desert terrain. To make them spawn in Dominion or elsewhere you have to edit the dragon.xml file. Also if you want the various sub-species to spawn you have to edit each one separately.
Is there a way to get outside of Dominion and Submission yet or do you have to edit any XML file with creatures not in those areas?

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Is there a way to get outside of Dominion and Submission yet or do you have to edit any XML file with creatures not in those areas?
Although you can leave Dominion now, you'll have to edit dragon.xml to add Dominion to its spawn locations, since none of its three normal terrains have encounters.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Dragons are currently set to spawn only in Volcano, Mountain, and Desert terrain.
Which doesn't make much sense a whole lot of sense for certain sub-morphs. Since Inno is going for the whole "each race has their own specific region matching their species", ryu is an asian dragon so one think would it would spawn in forested areas as those are the primary biomes located in China/Japan and the quetzalcoatl in tropical regions.

Actually, now that I think about it, since the game is set in the UK... how the heck is it going to handle the jungle, desert and savannah areas? Last time I checked the UK has neither jungles nor savannahs (and only a tiny fraction near London can be considered a "desert").

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes