Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I'm having a problem. I'm trying to click New Game, but nothing happens, and then I can't click any other button. Same happens when I try to Load a save. Anyone know how to fix this?
That usually happens if your res directory is missing, corrupt, or outdated. Try deleting the res directory as well as any JAR or EXE files in your main Lilith's Throne directory and extract the game again.

If you want to take the nuclear option and just reinstall the whole thing from scratch, make a copy of your data directory (that's where your saves, settings, and exported characters live, if you've played the game before), then just delete the entire LT folder and reinstall.

XgoldWolf

Sep 8, 2018
I need some help every time I try to play LT with mods it doesn't let me create a new game or load saves, and with pokemon mod the game didn't even want to open. (it works fine without mods)

Last edited:

Anbard

Oct 13, 2018
idk there is a OP monster mod for Doom (2016 and Eternal), so I don't know how far off a Hellraiser or other more depraved creation would be once AceXP officially is crowned 'King of Code' before Inno pulls the plug because it'd be too successful without them--
Where was I? Oh yeah, ranting about the beauty of Open Source
Wait, Doom mod? Where?

Mistik

Jun 3, 2018
I'm having a problem. I'm trying to click New Game, but nothing happens, and then I can't click any other button. Same happens when I try to Load a save. Anyone know how to fix this?
I need some help every time I try to play LT with mods it doesn't let me create a new game or load saves, and with pokemon mod the game didn't even want to open. (it works fine without mods)
Remove all mods and install one at a time. This happens for two reasons:
1. Something happened to the mod.
2. Wrong installation.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Your best bet would be to create a shortcut that forces LT to load a specific Java version. Basically, you'll want to do something like this (obligatory disclaimer: I'm posting this from my MacThing, so this is mostly from memory):
  1. Create a shortcut to the JAR file by right-clicking it and selecting "Create Shortcut."
  2. Browse to the Java 8 binary in a different Explorer window. It should be somewhere like C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin\. If it's not here, it might be in Program Files (x86). After you find it, shift-right-click the java.exe and click "copy as path."
  3. Right-click the shortcut you created earlier and click "Properties."
  4. In the "Target" box, paste the path to the java.exe before the name of the JAR, then add -jar between the Java EXE and the JAR file (with spaces before and after the -jar parameter. It should look something like this when you're finished: "C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin\java.exe" -jar Liliths_Throne_BlahBlah.jar
  5. Click "OK" and try double-clicking the shortcut. It should launch the game.
Thank you, this worked!
In case anyone else encounters the same issue and aren't sure which binary to choose, I picked javaw.exe and it booted.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sarkath
Aug 27, 2020
Wait, Doom mod? Where?

Sorry, forgot that some people, like phobos (creator of a lot of the most used mods on the discord); have their own folders on Google Drive. This is Gureto, creator of most of the weeb mods as well as the kaiju and Monster Hunter mods. Enjoy, fellow Degens

Reactions: rhdad

XgoldWolf

Sep 8, 2018
Remove all mods and install one at a time. This happens for two reasons:
1. Something happened to the mod.
2. Wrong installation.
I did as you said but when I tried with only one mod it does the same thing. I press the button let it load and than its on the same screen but the buttons don't work. As for wrong installation I don't know what you mean I put the mods in mod folder and i play on the newest version of the game, unless the mods require an older version of the game then I don't have any idea of witch version is for what mod.

DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
I did as you said but when I tried with only one mod it does the same thing. I press the button let it load and than its on the same screen but the buttons don't work. As for wrong installation I don't know what you mean I put the mods in mod folder and i play on the newest version of the game, unless the mods require an older version of the game then I don't have any idea of witch version is for what mod.
check to make sure the game runs on a clean install, with no new mods added in the mods folder, sounds like it should have worked and something else is up.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I would hazard to guess the mod you're using is not compatible with the latest of the game then. Either that or some kind of write permission shenanigans (which windows is quite fond of doing) is throwing your LT for a curve ball.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
So, in regards to the Phobos add feral mod, is there no way to become feral yourself?
I'm not sure if that mod has any special features that can streamline this, but you can open up your save file with a text editor (I prefer notepad++), and just set yourself to be feral by changing feral=false to feral=true under the bodyCore tag for your character. Depending on the race, you will also most likely want to set yourself as quadrupedal under the debug menu afterwards.

XgoldWolf

Sep 8, 2018
I would hazard to guess the mod you're using is not compatible with the latest of the game then. Either that or some kind of write permission shenanigans (which windows is quite fond of doing) is throwing your LT for a curve ball.
I think that the windows want's something witch I have no idea how to fix. The game works fine without mods and I tried on a older version (0.4.1.9) and it does the same thing.

AlexDevolio

Jun 2, 2019
So, in regards to the Phobos add feral mod, is there no way to become feral yourself?
There are two ways to make your character a feral. You can, as BaloneyAmone mentioned, manually edit your save file, or have the mod change your character's body as it does with other NPCs.
If you decide to use the second way, here's what you have to do:
1. Prepare your character. For the transformation to be successful, it is enough to have 1 body part of the desired morph (e.g. eyes) and be defined by the game as a morph. Tested it on a human with wolf eyes (Lesser wolf-morph), transformation was successful. I'm not sure if body parts of other morphs will interfere with transformation (probably not), but it's better to avoid uncharacteristic parts of the desired species.
2. Save the game (preferably in a new slot, in case you suddenly want to go back to the old character) and close the game.
3. Make a backup copy of add_ferals.xml made by Phobos.
4. Replace add_ferals.xml in the game folder with my file.
5. Start the game and load the save with the prepared character. After loading the character should become a feral.
6. Save the game and close Lilith's throne.
7. Return a backup copy of the original mod to the game folder.

XgoldWolf

Sep 8, 2018
I think that the windows want's something witch I have no idea how to fix. The game works fine without mods and I tried on a older version (0.4.1.9) and it does the same thing.
Never mind fixed it and I am kinda stupid. I just cant rename folders of mods and if I want to use Doom and Kaiju (Godzilla) mod together I just put them in a same mod folder.

Mistik

Jun 3, 2018
There are two ways to make your character a feral. You can, as BaloneyAmone mentioned, manually edit your save file, or have the mod change your character's body as it does with other NPCs.
If you decide to use the second way, here's what you have to do:
1. Prepare your character. For the transformation to be successful, it is enough to have 1 body part of the desired morph (e.g. eyes) and be defined by the game as a morph. Tested it on a human with wolf eyes (Lesser wolf-morph), transformation was successful. I'm not sure if body parts of other morphs will interfere with transformation (probably not), but it's better to avoid uncharacteristic parts of the desired species.
2. Save the game (preferably in a new slot, in case you suddenly want to go back to the old character) and close the game.
3. Make a backup copy of add_ferals.xml made by Phobos.
4. Replace add_ferals.xml in the game folder with my file.
5. Start the game and load the save with the prepared character. After loading the character should become a feral.
6. Save the game and close Lilith's throne.
7. Return a backup copy of the original mod to the game folder.
Let me help you. Download mod in discord or use this [##npc.setFeral(npc.getSubspecies())]

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes