Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BlidBear Unfortunately, the JAR build of LT requires Java 8. Later versions of Java won't work since they don't have built in support for JavaFX and the Nashorn JavaScript engine that LT uses internally. If you're on Windows, I'd suggest just using the EXE build.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
So i'm wondering how to get your slave to use level drain on you? If it's even possible...
It used to be. Back before I realised that Elementals were flat-out better than slave companions, I used OLD to level up a companion to max. Quit bothering before support for slave companions was discontinued.

From memory, I used the cunning tactic of giving the slave the OLD perk and then fucking them. Is this not working for you?

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
BlidBear Unfortunately, the JAR build of LT requires Java 8. Later versions of Java won't work since they don't have built in support for JavaFX and the Nashorn JavaScript engine that LT uses internally. If you're on Windows, I'd suggest just using the EXE build.
THAT'S why it won't work on my end! I can never use the .jar versions of the updates from here and couldn't figure out why.

Reactions: Sarkath

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018

You should always locally pull this before building so that you can use the newest version of Java, it makes the whole project slightly more efficient and you can use any third-party JDK provider. This fix has existed forever, but I'm assuming Innoxia just hates the fact that the game runs better with the fix.

Reactions: Sarkath

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
You should always locally pull this before building so that you can use the newest version of Java, it makes the whole project slightly more efficient and you can use any third-party JDK provider. This fix has existed forever, but I'm assuming Innoxia just hates the fact that the game runs better with the fix.
I've been using a similar build method for quite a while since I develop almost exclusively on macOS/Linux, neither of which are well-represented by Java 8. I never bothered putting in a PR for it since I had a feeling it would take forever to be approved given how Windows-centric the mainline development process is (and it turns out I was correct).

Whenever I do end up building LT, I typically use from my fork. I was able to successfully build a fat JAR targeting Java 17 and macOS/aarch64 with it a month or so ago.

Reactions: fudejoranek

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
i want editing "on the fly" without any shenanigans outside of the game
and by just open one simple menu in 1 button press....
so any kind of editions besides that is not what i expect
seems like i won't get any actual help or even ppls interested in that function here..........
sad.........:cry:
Oh wow! Is that all?
I have experience programming, getting this game to run natively on linux, and i've modding this game before.
I think someone who is interested in implementing this feature, may have the drive to figure a solution, but most programmers likely want to focus on their own pet peeves. Basically go figure it out yourself, you'll have better luck.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
... all i want is enable "transform" button for every npc at any time...
Well, you are unlikely to get it.

First, support for the companion feature has been discontinued. This pretty obviously covers an expansion of the debug menu to cover said feature.

Secondly, and more importantly, the content associated with unique NPCs will not adapt to changes made to those NPCs. So, say you transform Natalya and all the centaurs in her stables into submissive catgirls. Her dialogue would remain the same. This is actually why any changes you make to Scarlett while she's a slave will be erased if she is freed.

Something I would like to know though is what it is you want to do in-game that requires your companions/slaves to be so easily customised?

Harueko

Nov 3, 2019
Something I would like to know though is what it is you want to do in-game that requires your companions/slaves to be so easily customised?
I think it's just my tastes of being "free" in game
and interest in easy tweaks for characters at any time...
as most of my throne play time is actually tweaking my own char in buggy menu... so I just want tweak every char in game in same way. easy. fast. and any time. without being forced to go hoops with craft potions just to change 1 thing that i missed/decided to change....
also i came here from searching free cities pmod alternatives.....
so... i just searching FC level of customization simplicity(by one button that opens menu(as FC also have great cheat mode editor for any char) . pretty much throne's "buggy" mode menu thing for every char)
and just more variations than was in fc(I mean there was only humans.....)
dialogues and other things like story is not thing that I played throne for.
customization variations is that thing. I just expected it be done better(one menu concept). doesn't matter with or without cheating.
but.... instead of that I encountered slave collars that BLOCKING even slime transformation. instead of giving ovner rights to "edit" any slave....(I mean like.... slave is "yours" but you can't even order slime to change form.....WTF)
and yes... do you readed thread well enough? as I warn you that throne game code is not what you could expect from any game.... as it's a big big mess.... and just even find anything there is close to impossible.... I tried... an encountered just thousands and thousands java .class files without any clue where needed thing could be.....

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The following message is rated S for extreme sarcasm.
I almost believed you, but I don't think the planning skills are strong enough to include both margaritas *and* a beach.

Probably would show back up after adding lime fucking into the game or something too

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Nope.

No one knows that. Not even the developer.
about two years ago i threw expectations for this game out the window. six months ago i dont even download the game anymore. i'll come back in like a year. maybe there'll be content then.

knowing inno though, i doubt it.

but hey. the mods are neat and the people ripping on inno are good for laughs.

Reactions: Parthornax

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
about two years ago i threw expectations for this game out the window. six months ago i dont even download the game anymore. i'll come back in like a year. maybe there'll be content then.

knowing inno though, i doubt it.

but hey. the mods are neat and the people ripping on inno are good for laughs.
Yeah, if you downloaded any version within the last year there is no point of downloading the newest version since the amount of content that was added can be burned through faster than it will take you to download it.

Also, is there anyone who has been in this thread for more than a week or two who isn't here just to watch the trainwreck the game's development has devolved into go on? Even the gullible sods who try to defend Inno's every action give up after a few days here.

Reactions: Parthornax

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
How can people still subscribe to her? There was pretty much zero progress for past few months.
As it turns out, there's around 1300 people that don't care.
Truth be told, she's more than likely reached the enviable position that I'd imagine almost all solo creatives aspire to reach (or, at least, one I wouldn't mind reaching in her field lol): as long as she doesn't go completely insane and torpedo her patrons (astronomically unlikely), she can do just about whatever she wants and still make a comfortable living for a pretty long time.

Hunterxsamu

Jul 11, 2020
As it turns out, there's around 1300 people that don't care.
Truth be told, she's more than likely reached the enviable position that I'd imagine almost all solo creatives aspire to reach (or, at least, one I wouldn't mind reaching in her field lol): as long as she doesn't go completely insane and torpedo her patrons (astronomically unlikely), she can do just about whatever she wants and still make a comfortable living for a pretty long time.
so that many x 40 or 50 each month.... that a lots

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
so that many x 40 or 50 each month.... that a lots
Back in September I summed up the numbers and she was earning around 6.800$ a month. Right now, that number went up to ~7.300$ per month, or ~87.000$ a year. Plus all the multiple week-long "breaks" she takes over the year. Despite all that happens, she just keeps making more and more. Not going to lie, this is the dream of any lazy person... the caveat is that you have to deal with your conscience and the pressure from the community (not that the latter is doing much in that regard either, SubStar and Discord, the main ones, are still on her side regardless of what she does... or doesn't do...).

Still, the money she makes per month more than outweighs any controversy and negativity thrown her way... just cover your ears and grow some thick-skin and you're good. If nothing else, it's enough to cover a therapist to deal with this job.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Back in September I summed up the numbers and she was earning around 6.800$ a month. Right now, that number went up to ~7.300$ per month, or ~87.000$ a year. Plus all the multiple week-long "breaks" she takes over the year. Despite all that happens, she just keeps making more and more.
This kinda feels like the Fek/R2CK situation all over again. Put out an interesting project, rake in obscene amounts of money, and then just kinda stop updating it. I think the main reason Fek's Patreon has been steadily dipping (right now he's "only" making $13k per month, down from $18k/mo last year…SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, PEOPLE, STOP GIVING HIM MONEY) is because he basically just gave up any pretense of caring and basically stopped posting. Inno at least makes an attempt to communicate with her fanbase, even if most of the posts are just delay announcements.

I wish I could say that this is limited to the Patreon/SubStar scene, but at my last job one of the developers was making close to what Inno is currently making and was far worse at coding.

As I've discovered from the never-ending Blackgate dumpster fire, Patreon users 1) don't seem to research the project they're backing at all and 2) really love to invoke the "butt programing iz hrd" defense (as if that excuses a complete and utter lack of progress on what amounts to a paid project). It's as if the backers of these projects don't look at these sort of gigs as jobs or something.

It doesn't help that LT genuinely offers a bunch of features that most other adult games don't have, so between that and the fact that Inno is communicative people are far more likely to get roped into it. I think eventually the curve is going to reach its peak and start to fall if things don't change—I've seen it happen enough times before with equally vehement fanbases—but for now its novelty is enough to continue to drive its growth.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
This kinda feels like the Fek/R2CK situation all over again. Put out an interesting project, rake in obscene amounts of money, and then just kinda stop updating it. I think the main reason Fek's Patreon has been steadily dipping (right now he's "only" making $13k per month, down from $18k/mo last year…SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, PEOPLE, STOP GIVING HIM MONEY) is because he basically just gave up any pretense of caring and basically stopped posting. Inno at least makes an attempt to communicate with her fanbase, even if most of the posts are just delay announcements.

I wish I could say that this is limited to the Patreon/SubStar scene, but at my last job one of the developers was making close to what Inno is currently making and was far worse at coding.

As I've discovered from the never-ending Blackgate dumpster fire, Patreon users 1) don't seem to research the project they're backing at all and 2) really love to invoke the "butt programing iz hrd" defense (as if that excuses a complete and utter lack of progress on what amounts to a paid project). It's as if the backers of these projects don't look at these sort of gigs as jobs or something.

It doesn't help that LT genuinely offers a bunch of features that most other adult games don't have, so between that and the fact that Inno is communicative people are far more likely to get roped into it. I think eventually the curve is going to reach its peak and start to fall if things don't change—I've seen it happen enough times before with equally vehement fanbases—but for now its novelty is enough to continue to drive its growth.
i think the reason a lot of people still pay these devs is heavy investment in the sunk-cost fallacy; basically, they've invested too much into the project to stop now, always hoping it gets better if they contribute just a little more to it. it's sad, don't get me wrong, and really irritating, but simple social sciences and psychology basics could explain it.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes