Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
AceXP made a fix for it and it was implemented into the game a little while ago.
Indeed. I checked it out and very similar to what I was doing.

I don't completely agree with the specifics of the implementation (though, to be fair, mine was probably overkill) but it's a huge improvement over how it worked before.

Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017
Sorry if you got the wrong end of my comment. Dude. You picked the name "Shoresy". A character from Letterkenny who is literally a walking "yo Mama" joke. I thought you' were in on the gag. No offence intended.

Now, as I said, your sister needs to concentrate ...

Yeah just ignore that, i was totally drunk. Can't even remember writing this.

darkgryffon

Feb 27, 2018
AceXP made a fix for it and it was implemented into the game a little while ago.
I still wouldn't advise having more than 100 kids but at least it's a little better in that department.
to be fair not entirely intentional...just kinda happens :p especially when one of your kink's is preg and you cant exactly delete children from your list ._. ....unfortunately

darkgryffon

Feb 27, 2018
Indeed. I checked it out and very similar to what I was doing.

I don't completely agree with the specifics of the implementation (though, to be fair, mine was probably overkill) but it's a huge improvement over how it worked before.
Your's was overkill how? sorry if thats a weird question, like how vastly does it differ, your's from the implemented version?

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Your's was overkill how? sorry if thats a weird question, like how vastly does it differ, your's from the implemented version?
It's been a while since I've looked at it, but if I recall correctly my fix allows modded statuses to indicate that they must run every turn (sort of like pregnancy—since pregnancy affects the world state it needs to be checked every turn) while the current implementation only allows a select few statuses to process.

I also put in some extra code to ensure that if the world is running for an obscenely long time that events will be processed (basically, if the time since the last full update exceeded a set amount it would process all status effects regardless of whether they share a tile with the player). This would only happen if the world were running for over 2 billion in-game seconds (63+ years).

I don't think the current implementation has any overflow checks, but it might not need them depending on how exactly its time tracking is implemented. I'd have to look to be sure, though, and I've kinda grown apathetic by this point. :p

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

darkgryffon

Feb 27, 2018
It's been a while since I've looked at it, but if I recall correctly my fix allows modded statuses to indicate that they must run every turn (sort of like pregnancy—since pregnancy affects the world state it needs to be checked every turn) while the current implementation only allows a select few statuses to process.

I also put in some extra code to ensure that if the world is running for an obscenely long time that events will be processed (basically, if the time since the last full update exceeded a set amount it would process all status effects regardless of whether they share a tile with the player). This would only happen if the world were running for over 2 billion in-game seconds (63+ years).

I don't think the current implementation has any overflow checks, but it might not need them depending on how exactly its time tracking is implemented. I'd have to look to be sure, though, and I've kinda grown apathetic by this point. :p
That quite a lot, I'll say this if i havnt already, thanks for your work in the past, you seem very good at this x3. But yeah i dont blame you, when the game is barely getting any updates its hard to be excited or willing to try and keep up with it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sarkath

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
That quite a lot, I'll say this if i havnt already, thanks for your work in the past, you seem very good at this x3.
Thank you for the kind words!

I'm sure I'll get motivated to look at this again in the future. Despite its flaws, LT is still pretty unique in this genre, so I can definitely see myself revisiting it again (especially as the Fields content slooooooowly gets fleshed out).

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I enchanted the watch to remove the lisp but it doesn't seem to be working. anyone else have this bug?
Make sure those characters don't have huge bimbo lips, that will cause them to talk with a lisp as well. I can't remember what the level was, but once a character's lips are above a certain size they will talk similar to having a lisp.

If you have items marked illegal on you, will the enforcers only take action if you have it equipped or also for having it in your inventory alone?
I have had my characters hauled in to jail just for carrying a couple bio juice canisters (that I had forgotten about), so I am pretty sure they will haul you in, whether you are wearing something or just carrying it around.

a7448133

Jan 31, 2018
So when the game starts, half of the lower menu is cutoff by the bottom of my screen. I'm not really familiar with java. Does anyone know how to re-scale my window?

Runario

Dec 6, 2019
Is there a way 2 get this game running on a Steam Deck?

I am a real noob on Linux and the Poroton-Steam-OS probably also is not like all the other well-established distributions out there. So guides for them will probably not work this well.
ATM I use this: 2 stream it from my desktop-pc but the quality is not the best and I allways have 2 run my pc in the background... not optimal.

Someone here to help me out with this problem?

Last edited:

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Is there a way 2 get this game running on a Steam Deck?

I am a real noob on Linux and the Poroton-Steam-OS probably also is not like all the other well-established distributions out there. So guides for them will probably not work this well.
ATM I use this: 2 stream it from my desktop-pc but the quality is not the best and I allways have 2 run my pc in the background... not optimal.

Someone here to help me out with this problem?
Assuming my cursory googling is pointing in the right direction, all you'd really need to do is to install Java 8 on it; since Java is multi-platform, it should just be a matter of running a .jar version once it's installed. I'm not a Linux nerd so I don't know offhandedly what exactly to do, but it should be a good starting point.

Runario

Dec 6, 2019
Assuming my cursory googling is pointing in the right direction, all you'd really need to do is to install Java 8 on it; since Java is multi-platform, it should just be a matter of running a .jar version once it's installed. I'm not a Linux nerd so I don't know offhandedly what exactly to do, but it should be a good starting point.
And there is the first problem /_ \
As i sayed I am a real noob on Linux. I downloadet Java an know how 2 open the console but have now idea how 2 use this thing 2 install java

Last edited:

Runario

Dec 6, 2019
OK. I tried this:
2 get java on the deck but wile minecraft runs fine now, no java 2 run Liliths-throne. The Terminal also finds no java after this.
than I tried this:
and this:
to install java manually and now its installed like the Terminal tells me:
openjdk version "17.0.1" 2021-10-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.1+12)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.1+12, mixed mode)

but if I now try 2 open the "LilithsThrone_0_4_4.jar" with left-click, there is still no java 2 run it with.

IDK what I am doing wrong >_>

help pls...

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
to install java manually and now its installed like the Terminal tells me:
openjdk version "17.0.1" 2021-10-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.1+12)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.1+12, mixed mode)

but if I now try 2 open the "LilithsThrone_0_4_4.jar" with left-click, there is still no java 2 run it with.
You'll have to start it from Terminal with java -jar LilithsThrone_0_4_4.jar

However (and you're going to hate this): Lilith's Throne, as distributed, will not work with any version of Java newer than 10 due to it needing some components that were later stripped out (namely, JavaFX and the Nashorn JavaScript engine). There has been an for almost a year at this point and the build system changes still haven't been merged.

You'll have to do something like this to get it to work:
  1. Download the 64-bit Linux build of Java 8 directly from Oracle.
  2. Extract the .tar.gz somewhere in your home directory.
  3. Explicitly use that version of Java 8 to launch LT:
    1. /home/username/java8/jre8_blah_blah/bin/java -jar LilithsThrone_0_4_4.jar
    2. You might need to be in the Lilith's Throne directory for the above to launch the game correctly. Use the cd command to navigate through directories if necessary.
Note that I play LT from within a development environment, so the above directions might be slightly inaccurate. They should be fairly close, though.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes