Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
Playing v 0.4.6.3 EXE Windows version.

I'm havig an issue when in combat while my companion is a spell caster: randomly, "End turn" button doesn't work. The only action to keep playing is pressing "Escape", and switch to any other tab to get the "Ecaped!" button.
Only happens when my companion is a spell caster, no problems with lust-focused compaions nor tank-focused ones.
Is a known bug, due the companion system was discontinued long ago, or may I reinstall the game?

Thanks in advance.

Concerning offspring, it should be revisited sooner than later; there's a point when you simply cannot walk without meeting one of your children, and you will end up filling all available squares with them, and more.

Why don't keep them in some sort of "limbo", orphanage, growing facility or wathever, and make them appear only when using the offspring map?
Just wondering. :cool:

Last edited:

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
I'm havig an issue when in combat while my companion is a spell caster:
Best you can do is to swap to a companion whose style doesn't gum things up. You shouldn't have to reinstall.

Concerning offspring, it should be revisited sooner than later; there's a point when you simply cannot walk without meeting one of your children, and you will end up filling all available squares with them, and more.
It isn't really an issue until you've practically doubled the continent's population single-handedly. It could be a toggle, if Inno feels so inclined (and that's a crapshoot) but for the moment, it's one of those uncommon things that works about as well as it needs to.
There's a post with a cheat engine a few posts up you can use to give your kids the Thanos Goodbye, and for a more personal touch you can use the offspring map to force encounters and either chase them off or enslave and sell them. My own habits funded my spa.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Say did Inno changed the prices of stuff? playing new version and Demon slaves shouldn't be this CHEAP when it comes to selling them (neither Milking a slave should only give 1.000 flames, were the prices dropped to avoid the "get rich fast" milk strategy?)

If so then I guess I'll just have to capture and sell slaves for a living nowm at least 75.000 flames per catch is decent (demon slaves that is)

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
Say did Inno changed the prices of stuff? playing new version and Demon slaves shouldn't be this CHEAP when it comes to selling them (neither Milking a slave should only give 1.000 flames, were the prices dropped to avoid the "get rich fast" milk strategy?)

If so then I guess I'll just have to capture and sell slaves for a living nowm at least 75.000 flames per catch is decent (demon slaves that is)
Yeah, certain money-making strats were nerfed because... Hell if I know. There's no damned time limit on the game, so it'll just take longer to make the same money. As if money was ever a problem in the first place, between milking, selling slaves, selling slaves' clothes, and selling fluid transformatives with that water perk. A solution looking desperately for a problem.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
Is there a way to make yourself a fairy in this game? If not someone needs to seriously get on that for a mod or something........

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
Is there a way to make yourself a fairy in this game? If not someone needs to seriously get on that for a mod or something........
Inno seems to think that stuff like fairies, kobolds, and goblins are common garbage. Maybe not quite in those words, but it has been expressed that she is not adding those.
Someone is likely working on a common fantasy race mod, which will probably make Inno need to take another week off to throw a fit, but I wouldn't trust any mods more complex than clothing. I used a kobold race mod not too long ago, and it fucked parts of the game I didn't think would be affected. Like time passing while sleeping in my room.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
Inno seems to think that stuff like fairies, kobolds, and goblins are common garbage. Maybe not quite in those words, but it has been expressed that she is not adding those.
Someone is likely working on a common fantasy race mod, which will probably make Inno need to take another week off to throw a fit, but I wouldn't trust any mods more complex than clothing. I used a kobold race mod not too long ago, and it fucked parts of the game I didn't think would be affected. Like time passing while sleeping in my room.
Well, I looked on the discord and people have been talking about how fairies are planned about one or two months ago. And Inno used to say years ago that fairies would be a thing. So I don't exactly think Inno's all that against fairies or anything. Feel free to prove me wrong though, I just skimmed through things like #lilith-chat real quick.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
Well, I looked on the discord and people have been talking about how fairies are planned about one or two months ago. And Inno used to say years ago that fairies would be a thing. So I don't exactly think Inno's all that against fairies or anything. Feel free to prove me wrong though, I just skimmed through things like #lilith-chat real quick.
I just assumed fairies were off the table since similarly stereotypical stuff like elves and goblins were, since they're all under the same sort of 'contemporary fantasy' umbrella.
If there's a list that says they're in, then they're probably in, but that also means you're in for a big fucking wait. Especially when they get pushed back several times to make way for... I don't know, a 'rub penis/clit on navel' action or something.

There's a reason I'm not in the LT Discord

Reactions: FFFFFACK

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
I just assumed fairies were off the table since similarly stereotypical stuff like elves and goblins were, since they're all under the same sort of 'contemporary fantasy' umbrella.
If there's a list that says they're in, then they're probably in, but that also means you're in for a big fucking wait. Especially when they get pushed back several times to make way for... I don't know, a 'rub penis/clit on navel' action or something.

I honestly don't understand the aversion to 'contemporary fantasy races' when Inno already added Griffons, Dragons, Harpies, Arachne, Lamia, and she's even adding a kitsune race - that should have been added years ago but hey what's new with that?

also, i dont know what she considers the word 'contemporary' to mean, but applying that to elves, fairies, fey, etcetera is just so wrong it borders ignorance; those things have been around in human myths, legends, and stories since people first began thinking beyond themselves. Elves have been around since, in the very least, the old Norse mythos was created. Goblins have been in literally every mythos in one form or another. Fairies, pixies, fey have been around for thousands of years. what part of that is 'contemporary'?

knowing Inno, the actually interesting things have been pushed back for [Insert Pointless Sexual Activity] and would get pushed back even more when she 'needs a break because she's so stressed' or something.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018

Well, I don't know about list, but here's what I was talking about when I mentioned fairies being discussed.
1666242563837.png 1666242579246.png
1666242602967.png 1666242681720.png

I guess if fairies haven't been added in like... 5 years... then I shouldn't get my hopes up for actual support in the near future.

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
I used a kobold race mod not too long ago, and it fucked parts of the game I didn't think would be affected. Like time passing while sleeping in my room.
That's odd. I've modded a race into the game before, and while i didn't check for this bug (since i didn't know it existed), i don't see how it could affect time. Adding a race into the game causes a lot of compilation errors by design. By being fault intolerant, it's hard to believe the game would compile, and effected something unrelated.

Forgive me, but i haven't messed with the src in years, and i'm talking from memory.
races are/were based on a set of part with traits. Lets simplify this to 3 parts [head, torso, legs] but it's more like 9 or even 16+ parts.
These body parts have something like a skin, and this skin will have idk.... texture or pattern. these traits could have their own traits, and go 3 traits deep. I think the eyes were one of these examples. You had shape, pupil.... and something else. Alright, so how were these traits store/coded into the game?

Now the game relies heavily on two things called ENUMS and SWITCH STATEMENTS. Enums are list of objects with constant values. For any C or Cpp devs, this will sound odd since i believe those languages treat Enums like primitives (numbers). These Enums are then fed into switch statements (This is very common Enum use). When you add a item to a Enum, all switch statements require you add a listing for that item or the game wont compile. I believe it was 2 separate sections you had to edit/append. So given my mock numbers, i'd have 16 lines of code to edit, just to add all 3 body parts for a new race. I seem to remember having 230 compilation errors at one point, but some of those were double counting errors. I also don't believe any of the required code edits touches things outside of body part list, NPC spawned inventory, and spawning NPC.

Basically what i'm trying to say is.... How?! but given the retarded code, maybe it makes sense.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
That's odd. I've modded a race into the game before, and while i didn't check for this bug (since i didn't know it existed), i don't see how it could affect time. Adding a race into the game causes a lot of compilation errors by design. By being fault intolerant, it's hard to believe the game would compile, and effected something unrelated.

Forgive me, but i haven't messed with the src in years, and i'm talking from memory.
races are/were based on a set of part with traits. Lets simplify this to 3 parts [head, torso, legs] but it's more like 9 or even 16+ parts.
These body parts have something like a skin, and this skin will have idk.... texture or pattern. these traits could have their own traits, and go 3 traits deep. I think the eyes were one of these examples. You had shape, pupil.... and something else. Alright, so how were these traits store/coded into the game?

Now the game relies heavily on two things called ENUMS and SWITCH STATEMENTS. Enums are list of objects with constant values. For any C or Cpp devs, this will sound odd since i believe those languages treat Enums like primitives (numbers). These Enums are then fed into switch statements (This is very common Enum use). When you add a item to a Enum, all switch statements require you add a listing for that item or the game wont compile. I believe it was 2 separate sections you had to edit/append. So given my mock numbers, i'd have 16 lines of code to edit, just to add all 3 body parts for a new race. I seem to remember having 230 compilation errors at one point, but some of those were double counting errors. I also don't believe any of the required code edits touches things outside of body part list, NPC spawned inventory, and spawning NPC.

Basically what i'm trying to say is.... How?! but given the retarded code, maybe it makes sense.
giphy.gif
i love learning while browsing f95

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes