Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
From what I gather, mainly in this thread, all the new material is kinda meh. But we're the flipside of the official Discord, so I'd keep a few grains of salt handy. I'm waiting until the new chapter is fully complete before I update, so I have no clue personally what to expect, except for the stuff that's been asked about in this thread.
This is what happens when the sandbox element of a... what is this game even considered anyways? An RPG? Regardless of what exactly Lilith's Throne is meant to be, it is a better sandbox than anything else. I don't think anyone can argue against this.

With that in mind, any content that is added to the game is inevitably going to be compared to the sandbox elements which are very extensive even if it feels shallow after a dozen or so characters. While a half hour's worth of text to read through or a couple of characters might be a major addition in a more linear game, this much of an update is barely a footnote when the random character generation can likely generate the same exact character or situation with almost as much depth several times by you see whatever the new additions are.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I guess if fairies haven't been added in like... 5 years... then I shouldn't get my hopes up for actual support in the near future.
On the one had... 5 years without it being added.
On the other hand it is a new race and likely transformation. so the odds of it being added eventually are higher than literally anything else.
because if there is one thing inno loves to add is more useful X-morphs to the game to clutter it.
that and more useless cosmetics

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
Heads up: the latest Java update makes Lilith's Throne almost completely unplayable. (can't change between action button pages, can't access any menus, popups remain on the whole time, etc) Someone at Java needs to be fired for this monumental screw up, since it probably extends to other games of this type.
This isn't Java's responsibility, because Inno is using an older version that's compatible with the game. Inno is deliberately lagging behind so the game doesn't break. Credit where it's due.
That's why the exe version exists. It's bloated since the engine is included, but it also works since the engine is included.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Heads up: the latest Java update makes Lilith's Throne almost completely unplayable. (can't change between action button pages, can't access any menus, popups remain on the whole time, etc) Someone at Java needs to be fired for this monumental screw up, since it probably extends to other games of this type.
Nah mate, someone on the Lilith's Throne dev team needs to be fired for falling so far behind on updates lmao

You seriously think the people working on Java are worried about backwards compatibility for a niche game that was already super out of date? I don't think so.

for my own two cents I thought this was more a furrycentric game. Not just another fantasy game with furry trappings.
The sandbox portion of the game definitely is.

But the game itself isn't far enough along the development path to really have an identity *as a game* yet.

Reactions: jfmherokiller

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Nah mate, someone on the Lilith's Throne dev team needs to be fired for falling so far behind on updates lmao

You seriously think the people working on Java are worried about backwards compatibility for a niche game that was already super out of date? I don't think so.

The sandbox portion of the game definitely is.

But the game itself isn't far enough along the development path to really have an identity *as a game* yet.
you are right with the game identity thing. I just gravitate towards this game since it makes for fun exploration of all the different species you can tf into. I think I found this game on "tfgames.site" first before finding it on here. So i also look more toward the TF sandbox play even tho I would love to see what the story is going to turn into.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
I think I found this game on "tfgames.site" first before finding it on here. So i also look more toward the TF sandbox play even tho I would love to see what the story is going to turn into.
Same, the amount of TF options this game brings forth is NUTS, honestly the bulk of any playthrough I make is spent customizing my character down to a T...and then doing the same to every and each of my slaves (gotta admit being able to TF succubus into my favorite fiction ladies has it's perks.)

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
"Moved to?" Heh, you'd think so, wouldn't you?

Nah, all the old races are still hardcoded. You'd think someone would have moved all of them over to XML, but lol nope.
dafuq?
No!.... stop! Don't do that. Stop being retarded this instance.
You make the XML system, you move your races over to XML, then you gut the old system.
God... Why is she so infuriating. Now she has to support two systems! GAH!!!!!

This game heavily relies on a deprecated class which allows for Javascript, CSS, and HTML scripting. While i say it was deprecated, what i mean to say is, it was nuked from the API(this is rare in my experience). This is because it had several exploits. Now there might be an argument about best practice, and their might be an argument about whatever works. However, whatever argument you most agree with, when the language or API maintainer says a function, method, enum, variable, struct or class is deprecated, then you have no expectation that it will work going forward. Inno is not only using a old version of java, but intentionally abusing bugs with in it. Oracle has no expectation to support this.

for my own two cents I thought this was more a furrycentric game. Not just another fantasy game with furry trappings.
You haven't played to many Erotic text adventure games, have you?

Anyways, i think i've been to much of a downer with this game. I will go try out Corruption of Savior, then likely download LT on my VM to test it (Because god knows, it wont run on linux without hours of work)

• Haha
Reactions: Sarkath

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018

You mean the version of Java that everything on Windows uses? And has been Used for like forever? I mean I guess they might not be with this being their only product and their now being much better programing languages on the market now if you wanted to do a full rewrite.

• Angry
Reactions: tehlemon

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
you are right with the game identity thing. I just gravitate towards this game since it makes for fun exploration of all the different species you can tf into. I think I found this game on "tfgames.site" first before finding it on here. So i also look more toward the TF sandbox play even tho I would love to see what the story is going to turn into.
That's because this is a TF Game, one of the better ones, and sadly one of the few active ones. Innuo didn't post or advertise their game here last I checked.

And yes updating like 4 times a year for TF Games is actually considered very active. Even more so for a game that isn't just HTML trash.

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
Innuo didn't post or advertise their game here last I checked.
She did, once, long ago. Before the Discord. Before the Chans. Before F95.
TFgames is one of the main hubs she launched LT from.
She was quite active for that first year getting the clout to strike out on her own.

But when she demanded protection from critics and trolls she retreated to her personal bastion.
She has functionally abandoned it as of 2018, and AceXP is its sole custodian.

Exiua

Dec 18, 2017
Ah, didn't realize the save editor was yours! As far as I know, the remove offspring button doesn't seem to be working for me unless it does something in another way? Ie - I figure get rid of the offspring you haven't encountered yet like wiping them out completely or does it do something else. Either way, appreciate the save editor!
The of the editor should now be able to properly get rid of unencountered offsprings (if you want to manually remove offsprings from the latest version of the game, look for the "OffspringSeed" tags in your save file)

Edit: How do i get the attribute stuff to stick?
Turns out there were some game value changes that cause the editor to internally crash and stop editing. This should now be fixed in the of the editor (though the game does check and automatically adjust certain values).

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
She did, once, long ago. Before the Discord. Before the Chans. Before F95.
TFgames is one of the main hubs she launched LT from.
She was quite active for that first year getting the clout to strike out on her own.

But when she demanded protection from critics and trolls she retreated to her personal bastion.
She has functionally abandoned it as of 2018, and AceXP is its sole custodian.
Make sure to read before you quote. "Innuo didn't post or advertise their game here last I checked."
As in here, f95. I know they advertised on TFGames, because this is a TF Game and that's where I found it like most people. Hell the 2nd half of post clarifies even more on this.

• Angry
Reactions: tehlemon

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
dafuq?
No!.... stop! Don't do that. Stop being retarded this instance.
You make the XML system, you move your races over to XML, then you gut the old system.
God... Why is she so infuriating. Now she has to support two systems! GAH!!!!!
I thought you'd appreciate that little tidbit. XD

Anyways, i think i've been to much of a downer with this game. I will go try out Corruption of Savior, then likely download LT on my VM to test it (Because god knows, it wont run on linux without hours of work)
Try building it yourself using . It's set up to build against OpenJDK 11, but it should work through JDK 15 simply by changing the version number properties. If you want to use newer JDKs you'll also need to add the org.openjdk.nashorn Maven package and change the following lines in the UtilText class:

Java:
import jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine;
import jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngineFactory;
…to this:

Java:
import org.openjdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine;
import org.openjdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngineFactory;
I've been running LT like this for quite a while on both macOS and Linux with zero issues. Hell, judging by some of the comments here, it sounds like using a version of JavaFX that isn't maintained by Oracle actually yields better results. Go figure.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
This isn't Java's responsibility, because Inno is using an older version that's compatible with the game. Inno is deliberately lagging behind so the game doesn't break. Credit where it's due.
That's why the exe version exists. It's bloated since the engine is included, but it also works since the engine is included.
For those who want to keep using the Java version, here's how I managed to do it (and you should too, since you can actually change the amount of memory the game can use with it).

Make a new text file in the folder the *.jar file is in.

Open it up, and open up your Program Files (NOT x86). Open the Java folder, and if you've been keeping your older versions when you update Java, open a folder that isn't the latest (at time of writing it's 1.8.0_341 but it may be different later, just choose a version before 341 to be safe since it seems to work with 333). Find java.exe in the "bin" folder. Now go to the text file (it should still be open in notepad... or your favorite text editor). Right click on java.exe and select [Copy as path...]. Paste it into the text file, then add "-jar" and the name of the Lilith's Throne *.jar file after "-jar". Make sure to surround it with quotes and include its file extension. Since "Program Files" has a space in it, we'll have to change that; replace that part of the filepath in the line with "PROGRA~1", which works the same as going straight to the folder. If you want more memory allocated to the game, add -Xmx[Memory amount here in M, G, etc.] to the end of the line.

Once everything is done, it should look like this:
C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jre1.8.0_333\bin\java.exe -jar "Lolilith's Throne.jar" -Xmx8G
Yours may be different, but it should look similar enough.

Save the text file and rename its extension to "*.bat". Give it whatever name you'd like, but preferrably something along the lines of "RUN ME" just in case you forget what it's for.

Hopefully, after following this, the java file will work for you. I've tested it myself and it seems to be fine.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
anyone know how to get the save editor running? it wants java14 but i dont think thats available in my apt repos because im on focal lts

MangaKing

Oct 16, 2017
The save editor has tons of problems, they don't even have the date correct when I load up a save, hopefully, they can get the kinks worked out

Exiua

Dec 18, 2017
The save editor has tons of problems, they don't even have the date correct when I load up a save, hopefully, they can get the kinks worked out
Could you elaborate on the date being incorrect when loading a save? (for reference, the date being read is stored at "//game/coreInfo/date")

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes