Exiua

Dec 18, 2017
It should be noted that surrounding the command with quotes will just print the command to console in powershell, but will execute the command in command prompt (unless you put an '&' in front of the quoted command in powershell).

Keldin

Jun 7, 2017
If you are trying to launch the game with any version of java above 8, it will fail since the game needs a specific version of java 8 iirc (it's been a while since I got the jar version of the game to launch successfully). Also, C:\"Program Files"\Java\jdk-19\bin.exe is not recognized since bin is a folder, C:\"Program Files"\Java\jdk-19\bin\java.exe should be the working command to launch the save editor.
Yeah I think at some point I accidentally put down the bin.exe instead of java.exe on one of the attempts and ended up copy and pasting the typo'd version instead of the not-typo version, hence my attempts with double quotes and others failing to do anything.

But anyways yeah routing the .jar to the Java 8 folder lets it launch just fine, I'll just have to make a batch file for continued usage.

Hopefully without fucking it up.

Thanks for the help

Edit: Monkey's Paw, game launches and loads in fine but it's incredibly slow and things like hover boxes don't go away unles I click elsewhere, probably because as my error.log shows the game was having a seizure and spouted out this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
..409 times over two minutes or such.

I'll try bashing in my head on it later, just edited so someone else doesn't get false hope of it working later :V

Last edited:

Frargus

Oct 29, 2022
For Linux users running into this problem:

Code:
Error: Could not find or load main class com.lilithsthrone.main.Main
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application
Step 1: Ensure openjfx is installed. If you're not sure run sudo apt install openjfx or whatever your distro uses and then try again.

Step 2: Attempt lauching this way:
Code:
java -p /usr/share/openjfx/lib/ --add-modules javafx.base,javafx.controls,javafx.fxml,javafx.graphics,javafx.media,javafx.swing,javafx.web -jar LilithsThrone_0_3.jar
This is how it runs for me, adjust paths and file names where appropriate.
Thank you so much for posting these instructions! I was confused by why it wasn't working after installing Java and JFX on Ubuntu 22. These instructions should be included on the first post of this thread for Ubuntu Linux users - can a mod include them please?

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
So, uh. No Halloween update? :oops:
I mean, she might release something in the upcoming days but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Looking at her update posts all the way back to 2018, she doesn't seem to care a whole lot about Halloween. Not everyone does.
There was a small event in Foloi Fields last year and in 2018 some modded clothes were added that fit the theme. That's it. The other years she was either on "hiatus" during that time or the update was too early/late for Halloween.

Last edited:

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Please tell me someone has made a mod that brought back and overhauled the companion system.
Nope. Nobody knows what the future holds but right now there's nothing of the sort AFAIK.
Ironically, the companion system started as mod and was later integrated into the game officially but the dev found it was too much work to maintain and update the game with all that extra code so it was dumped.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes