ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
What! 48 gb?.... You know, i'd say i don't know how that's possible, but i might now how that's possible.
Inno doesn't bother to clean her code. This leads to weird and unexpected things.

I once got a recursive error that bloated the notepad error log to 78gigs.
It was literally copy pasting the entire log every tick.

I only realized when my rig demanded to know why my 3rd drive was full.

• Wow
Reactions: srg91

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Inno doesn't bother to clean her code. This leads to weird and unexpected things.

I once got a recursive error that bloated the notepad error log to 78gigs.
It was literally copy pasting the entire log every tick.

I only realized when my rig demanded to know why my 3rd drive was full.
i'm sorry you WHAT

christ, i knew it was bad, but not THAT BAD

from125

Mar 4, 2019
so,the 4.8 version is "supposed" to be up today until evening,but somehow i get the feeling this may get delayed again..

i wonder why?

Edit:i went to check on their discord,and:" AceXp - Dev chat has been pretty quiet. And Inno mentioned (again) the possibility of merging some PRs. So I would expect another delay, no sign of an imminent release so far."

it seems like we might be in for another delay,its not 100% confirmed though

Last edited:

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
I find it funny that the mod which stops pregnancy is banned from the discord. I assume it's for reasonable reasons, but still funny given the fetishes people assume Inno has.
Isn't that the one with the coat-hanger icon?

christ, i knew it was bad, but not THAT BAD
There are some doozies in this thread if you feel like digging.
Thinking about it, I should probably check my own error log. My games drive has been filling up faster than usual...

Zaravon

Sep 26, 2021
Delayed yet again. I wish Inno would post something even if its not fully implemented rather than delay delay delay so we get nothing. Last public build was in November ffs.

BBGunna

Aug 27, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not even a new release date, and some "attempt" at personal responsibility? Is Inno learning...probably not but hey it's a start I guess.

Shazam55

Jun 30, 2018
"I fully understand if you want to stop supporting me, and please know that I'm extremely grateful for any and all support you've given."

Potentially setting up for abandoning the project? Either way I mean dam inno is making like almost 100k annually based on their SubscribeStar numbers and we haven't gotten a major update in like almost a year or half a year now?.

Reactions: Arkus86

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
What! 48 gb?.... You know, i'd say i don't know how that's possible, but i might now how that's possible.
hmmmm....
you know what, i don't know how that's possible but i'll tell everyone what i was thinking anyways.

This can't be from all the string replace. Damn! This game amazes me.
From what I remember, it was caused by the game repeatedly allocating massive arrays during the endTurn() method (which is called every time the player moves or performs a combat action). I seem to remember seeing it iterating through an array, allocating and abandoning other large arrays with each pass, which caused an immense amount of allocations and, in turn, a whole ton of GC pressure.

I didn't really dig into it too deep at that point. Maybe I'll get inspired enough to delve into it again at some point. I do love a challenge. :)

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Man I've been out of the loop for a while, quick question but what happened to the windows32 versions of the game?

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018

Not even a new release date, and some "attempt" at personal responsibility? Is Inno learning...probably not but hey it's a start I guess.
I seriously doubt it.
I have seen that song and dance before from Inno and I really don't expect anything to change. There will probably be 1 or 2 updates that are 'kinda on time' then Inno will fall back in to the same things they were doing.

Sorry for sounding like a downer about it and I would like to be surprised by Inno actually learning and changing, but their past track record says otherwise.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020

Inno pretty much gave up on posting deadlines already, so yeah, no new release date.

BianTheGreat

Jan 3, 2021
Tried to come back to this game after like half a year.
No updates since then.
Fine, the game is good enough, I don't need to focus on the story, im just gonna have fun, take it slow, you know.
The game starts having issues running smoothly, clasic java shenanigans.
Save the game, come back tomorrow, the game bugs out, i can't use the UI with my mouse anymore, have to play keyboard only, check the settings, nothing i can change to make it work again, save and reload, still the same.

See you in like 6 months i guess

Asuka_Chan

Sep 10, 2021
I do not know how to start the game, from the spoiler "installation" I can not take anything either, can someone help me please?

TheKiwi47

Dec 21, 2019

You know these snivelling "UwU Im so sowwy I delayed the update the 19th time in a row, I understand if you leave :3" excuses piss me off more than if he just said "Yeah I'm too lazy, fuck you", I know it's beating a dead horse at this point but fuck's sake DO something about your inability to meet a single deadline instead of failing miserably everytime and then trying to go for sympathy with this woe is me crap.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021

It's been just under five years of me off and on watching this exact same cycle play out. Inno doesn't need to learn, she needs to care. And she clearly doesn't really. She already knows what the problem is, and she's made this exact same post before. Basically any time she starts losing subscribers she puts out a pity post to pull a few of the dumb ones back.

She doesn't need to learn because she knows exactly what's she's doing.

SBT01

Jan 25, 2020
"I fully understand if you want to stop supporting me, and please know that I'm extremely grateful for any and all support you've given."

Potentially setting up for abandoning the project? Either way I mean dam inno is making like almost 100k annually based on their SubscribeStar numbers and we haven't gotten a major update in like almost a year or half a year now?.
I hope they don't abandon the project.
If I understand correctly, the project has been developed for a long time and has many mechanics that were not planned to be added initially. My guess is that the game has reached a point where it's easier to "write" it from scratch with new mechanics in mind than it is to add new mechanics to an existing project. If the game has already been "rewritten from scratch"... I'm new and not that intensive (relatively) following the game.

I sincerely hope that despite all the difficulties, the authors will finish writing the story to the end. I want to know how the story ends.

dota23

May 3, 2018
I hope they don't abandon the project.
If I understand correctly, the project has been developed for a long time and has many mechanics that were not planned to be added initially. My guess is that the game has reached a point where it's easier to "write" it from scratch with new mechanics in mind than it is to add new mechanics to an existing project. If the game has already been "rewritten from scratch"... I'm new and not that intensive (relatively) following the game.

I sincerely hope that despite all the difficulties, the authors will finish writing the story to the end. I want to know how the story ends.
They will never abandon the project because the game is most likely their sole source of income. At this point these updates are more of a "please stay subscribed to me" then anything. They probably got burned out a long time ago and are just scraping by, I know, I get it. I can't imagine how it must be when you rely on said project for income as well, not to say that they really should be treating it like a job instead of a hobby still.

Sadly this is how it works. There is no responsibility because this behavior does not affect subscriptions to a point where you can't live of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arkus86
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes