Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
game engine performed about 48GB worth of allocations between turns (and by "turn" I mean simply moving from tile to tile). It's almost impressive in a way.
That IS an achievement for something that is essentially an XML text database with with a simple frontend.
Managed to get it running at somewhat playable turn-rate (0.7-0.8 sec/turn) using Hyper-V virtual machine. Guess I'll need to increase the amount of RAM allocated to the VM so the JVM doesn't choke. Thanks for the hint!

Reactions: Sarkath

Skooky

Nov 3, 2021
LT thrashes memory hard to the point where even using shared memory can be problematic, so I imagine most of your problems are due to virtualization overhead. You'll also want to allocate plenty of RAM to the JVM to reduce the amount of GC-related thrashing. I generally allocate 8-12GB (by passing the -Xmx parameter to Java) whenever I decide to play it.

It's definitely not as bad as it used to be, but in one of the older versions I loaded up one of my saved games in a profiler and found that the game engine performed about 48GB worth of allocations between turns (and by "turn" I mean simply moving from tile to tile). It's almost impressive in a way.
Jesus christ, this is Darktide levels of unoptimized!

Reactions: Sarkath

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
That IS an achievement for something that is essentially an XML text database with with a simple frontend.
Managed to get it running at somewhat playable turn-rate (0.7-0.8 sec/turn) using Hyper-V virtual machine. Guess I'll need to increase the amount of RAM allocated to the VM so the JVM doesn't choke. Thanks for the hint!
No problem!

You may also want to verify that Intel VT-d or AMD-Vi are enabled in your BIOS (I imagine it is given that you're actively using VMs, but it never hurts to check :)). That allows more direct access to your hardware to the VM and should speed things up considerably in LT's case.

Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
No problem!

You may also want to verify that Intel VT-d or AMD-Vi are enabled in your BIOS (I imagine it is given that you're actively using VMs, but it never hurts to check :)). That allows more direct access to your hardware to the VM and should speed things up considerably in LT's case.
Yeah, Intel VT is enabled, which is why it was even more surprising to see the text game slog inside a VM capable of running 3D games. I knew LT took an ungodly amount of ram for such a simple-looking app, just didnt realize the true scale behind the scenes hah.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
what's the minimum cup size required to be able to get nipple fucked?
C cup is the minimum.

I believe it tells you what the minimum size is, if you look at your self description on your phone. When it describes your breasts, it should say something like 'you have fuckable breasts, but they need to be at least 'some size' before they can be penetrated'.

Joshstar23

Dec 2, 2017
If anyone is still having issues opening the .Jar file here is a solution that worked for me.

1. Follow this to download the latest Java Online installer.

2. Follow this to grab Jarfix which will fix the jar files that may be broken.

just install java as normal and run Jarfix afterwards, then you should be able to open the .Jar file.

Eleyth

Jan 9, 2018
All-out Strike requires it to be used 3 times in one turn to critically strike. But it costs 2 AP and I only have 3 AP.
Is there a way to reduce the AP cost or increase my total AP?

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
All-out Strike requires it to be used 3 times in one turn to critically strike. But it costs 2 AP and I only have 3 AP.
Nope and not without mods like . I'm certain that crit conditions like that one are placeholders that were ever replaced (much like a good chunk of this game). However, you can increase the effectiveness of all-out strike by obtaining more arms to hold weapons. Keep in mind this increases the AP cost of basic strike skills.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Nope and not without mods like . I'm certain that crit conditions like that one are placeholders that were ever replaced (much like a good chunk of this game). However, you can increase the effectiveness of all-out strike by obtaining more arms to hold weapons. Keep in mind this increases the AP cost of basic strike skills.
Actually last I recall that was fixed in the latest update. Or... it was supposed to be, anyways. So that's neat, at least if it worked.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Actually last I recall that was fixed in the latest update. Or... it was supposed to be, anyways. So that's neat, at least if it worked.
It was updated in the last patch (0.4.7.5) and seems to work fine for me.
If it is still telling you that you need to hit 3 times for it to crit, you are probably still on an older version of the game.

all out strike.png

Muxia

Aug 9, 2017
I remember there is a mod that offers you several attachments (like pierces) that provides you bonus AP point. They are extremely expensive and will spawn on many random enemies.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
I remember there is a mod that offers you several attachments (like pierces) that provides you bonus AP point. They are extremely expensive and will spawn on many random enemies.
Ugh. I want to try reverse engineering a mod like that, but I also don't want to spend a ton of time hooking up Java on Arch again in order to test it.

srg91

Nov 30, 2017
If anyone is still having issues opening the .Jar file here is a solution that worked for me.

1. Follow this to download the latest Java Online installer.

2. Follow this to grab Jarfix which will fix the jar files that may be broken.

just install java as normal and run Jarfix afterwards, then you should be able to open the .Jar file.
Anyone else got terrible lag with this Java version?

Caladmure

Jan 13, 2019
I think the problem is that you need an older version of Java. The main page has a link to a post explaining this right above the downloads.
Well, I installed Java 8, and I still have the same issues. Still locked to keyboard if I want to move or open a menu outside of the action tab. I know the downloaded files are fine; I used a usb to move them from my old system.

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
Guess i will just comment here and wait for a reply when the .exe get's added instead of this jar thing.

I don't like messing with flashplayer which some of the games i have only work on older versions.
Don't know much about Java other than i seem to have performance issues when i try getting the latest installed which tends to confuse me.
Some games i play that use it don't have a problem, then others won't launch because it says i don't have Java which is the part that confuses me.

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
LT thrashes memory hard to the point where even using shared memory can be problematic, so I imagine most of your problems are due to virtualization overhead. You'll also want to allocate plenty of RAM to the JVM to reduce the amount of GC-related thrashing. I generally allocate 8-12GB (by passing the -Xmx parameter to Java) whenever I decide to play it.

It's definitely not as bad as it used to be, but in one of the older versions I loaded up one of my saved games in a profiler and found that the game engine performed about 48GB worth of allocations between turns (and by "turn" I mean simply moving from tile to tile). It's almost impressive in a way.
What! 48 gb?.... You know, i'd say i don't know how that's possible, but i might now how that's possible.
hmmmm....
you know what, i don't know how that's possible but i'll tell everyone what i was thinking anyways.

This can't be from all the string replace. Damn! This game amazes me.

EDIT
I find it funny that the mod which stops pregnancy is banned from the discord. I assume it's for reasonable reasons, but still funny given the fetishes people assume Inno has.

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
I'm not sure how the command prompt/terminal command will have to change, but I got the jar here working on Ubuntu using Java 11 (specifically OpenJDK).

Since it wouldn't let me just double-click execute it, I had to try running it with:
Code:
java -jar lt_0.4.7.5_pr.jar
That didn't work for me, since it said it was missing Java classes, so I had to add where the modules were installed and list the modules that it needs to run.
Code:
java --module-path /usr/share/openjfx/lib/ --add-modules javafx.base,javafx.fxml,javafx.controls,javafx.web -jar lt_0.4.7.5_pr.jar
The 'module-path' part will probably need to change if you're not on Linux, and I'm not sure where windows specifically installs Java.
Hopefully this help puts you in the right direction.
Funny enough, the first command worked for me, the second didnt.
Mind you the install dir is different, so i had to edit module location. That said it didn't work.
Anyways TY. I absolutely hate working with java on linux.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes