Caladmure

Jan 13, 2019
Got a new computer, but now having a weird issue. I can't use the mouse to move, access the phone, main menu, or inventory. I can still click buttons in the actions tab, but the text box produced from mousing over the options doesn't disappear after moving the mouse off the button. I reinstalled the game and the newest java version, but nothing.

Saiaxs

Oct 12, 2018
still no exe? anyone know how to get the Jar version to not open in fullscreen? its hard to play the game when half the buttons are cut off

medassin

Apr 5, 2018
I know that I said in my previous post that I was very confident that there'd be no more delays, but I ended up getting a little side-tracked (by adding some more content for Vicky and a couple of other things), so as a result of that I'm still a little ways off getting this main content finished. I'm really not going to be able to get it done in time for tomorrow, and considering that I also want to get some more PRs merged before the release I'm going to have to delay it again.

Once again, I'm very tempted to delay it by just a few days, but I know that it's going to end up taking longer than that, so I'm going to say that it'll be another week before release. I hate to keep doing this to you, but I really don't want to put out this version until I've got the main quest content finished, so now please expect the release of v0.4.8 to be the evening of Saturday, 25th March.

Thank you once again so much for your patience and support. I really am doing my best to get this version out to you as soon as possible, and this time I really, really can't see any reason for any more delays...

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Shock. Horror. Shock AND horror. A delay? Who could've guessed? Surely not... every single person in this thread. No, impossible. Can't believe this happened.

...even as someone who discovered this game fairly recently, the constant delays have already stopped being funny and become annoying...

Muxia

Aug 9, 2017
'I hate to keep doing this to you' This will be understandable only if she did not make so many times of the 'Dealy-Promising Next Week Update-Delay' joke.

I don't get why not just make promised monthly update and then only give some brief progress reports of what she has done through the weeks like some other games' developers.

Reactions: StapleComm

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
"Progress news"
So in short:
"I know that my work ethic has been shit so far, but I'm gonna make this post to remind y'all that I will do exactly as I've always been doing just in case my previous post got any of your hope up, just the casual getting side-tracked and chaotic personal issues. I've promised to release versions regardless of their status before, but you know, that would mean I have to work more than 10 lines of code a day, so, bleh"
1679127128869.png

srg91

Nov 30, 2017
idunno guys maybe I'm late on this but atleast the dude is just delaying shit instead of rushing content that only appeals to the developers and like 20% of the people, like with CoC2. better some late-ass updates then straight up vitriolic spite writing cause "muh oc's!!1!"
You must be new here :LUL:

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
idunno guys maybe I'm late on this ...
This dev has a history of broken promises as far as getting work done goes. I literally cannot remember a single instance of her meeting a deadline.

And before you start in with the, "Well, it's not like it's her job or anything." defence, it's literally her job. She outright promised her subscribers she would treat development of this game as a full-time job if she met a particular threshold of support. She has long since met and exceeded that threshold.

At this stage in development, Inno should have a working game engine that she is using to crank out content in a preplanned story arc. Instead, Inno is constantly fighting an engine that really needs to be rebuilt from scratch while dealing with what appears to be either extreme writers block or utter laziness.

chichong

May 7, 2020
I might get a lot of bashing for this, but consider this hypothetical situation.

Two friends work for some software company. One of them is better at the job. The other have imagination and charm. Because of that, 70-80% from work is made by the first guy. But it's ok, they are tight, no one seem to be bothered of the situation.

The second guy comes with an idea about a game - yeah, you are starting to get it now. He involves his friend in the project, and the friend lies down the framework. Because the idea is good, money start to pour. The second guy quits his day job - he earns more than enough from the game.

But he doesn't quite have the skill and knowledge required to push the project forward. So every once in a while he needs to ask his friend for help. Not very often tho, otherwise he will have to share the money. Maybe... once / month, in a weekend? Of course, the friend might not be available monthly - everyone have his own chaotic personal issues life and you can't always stand up when that always needy friend asks for help.

Anyway, being aware of his shortcomings regarding coding, he only releases hard-coded updates. He doesn't like modders - they might start criticizing the spaghetti code he ended up with or - heavens forbid - they might actually bring improvements to the game. Or even worse - they might release in days what he dragged for years.

What do you think, guys? Sounds familiar?

Wolfdragon20

Nov 8, 2021
I might get a lot of bashing for this, but consider this hypothetical situation.

Two friends work for some software company. One of them is better at the job. The other have imagination and charm. Because of that, 70-80% from work is made by the first guy. But it's ok, they are tight, no one seem to be bothered of the situation.

The second guy comes with an idea about a game - yeah, you are starting to get it now. He involves his friend in the project, and the friend lies down the framework. Because the idea is good, money start to pour. The second guy quits his day job - he earns more than enough from the game.

But he doesn't quite have the skill and knowledge required to push the project forward. So every once in a while he needs to ask his friend for help. Not very often tho, otherwise he will have to share the money. Maybe... once / month, in a weekend? Of course, the friend might not be available monthly - everyone have his own chaotic personal issues life and you can't always stand up when that always needy friend asks for help.

Anyway, being aware of his shortcomings regarding coding, he only releases hard-coded updates. He doesn't like modders - they might start criticizing the spaghetti code he ended up with or - heavens forbid - they might actually bring improvements to the game. Or even worse - they might release in days what he dragged for years.

What do you think, guys? Sounds familiar?
ok but what's your point?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
idunno guys maybe I'm late on this but atleast the dude is just delaying shit instead of rushing content that only appeals to the developers and like 20% of the people, like with CoC2. better some late-ass updates then straight up vitriolic spite writing cause "muh oc's!!1!"
It's funny you say that...

This dev has a history of both.

They do nothing for long periods of time, and then also rush out a bunch of garbage that only appeals to a couple people at a time. The joke for a long time was that the dev would do nothing until the pot started boiling, and then would release another niche subrace that someone else wrote and call it an update.

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
I just drop in here every couple months to marvel at the comedy that is Inno and Lilith's Throne. The funniest part is Inno could flat out admit that no work was done since the last update post. No vacation, no sickness, no 'I got sidetracked lol'. Just, 'fuck you I didn't do any work on this game for weeks; deal with it, you'll keep paying me anyways.' And her monthly subs wouldn't change by even $1.

As much as people shit on Inno, who deserves all of it, it's the idiot subs that encourage this circus to continue. Any other dev on the planet would kill to have a fanbase this stupid.

gaikotsu3

Jan 10, 2020
They do nothing for long periods of time, and then also rush out a bunch of garbage that only appeals to a couple people at a time. The joke for a long time was that the dev would do nothing until the pot started boiling, and then would release another niche subrace that someone else wrote and call it an update.
While it is accurate that Inno will take content and mods made by other people and add it to the game, I think that you're being
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
It's familiar up until the 'two friends' part. Dodging the obvious joke, Inno has stated they prefer working alone so as to preserve the vision they have for the game. Which does have a nugget of truth to it, but it is also bullshit.
There are a good few splayed chalk outlines of games out there that had teams working on them until they suddenly and violently didn't. Pay disputes, differences of vision, revelations of criminal activity, I know there has to have been at least one team out there destroyed through differing political opinions. The more moving parts something has, the more ways it can go spectacularly wrong.
With one person only at the helm, a project moves slower, but it stays together longer. Potentially.
On the other hand, Inno will cheerily add other peoples' work to the game to make the updates bigger. Technically not working together with someone, but it is still someone else doing that work developing something for the game.

No vacation, no sickness, no 'I got sidetracked lol'. Just, 'fuck you I didn't do any work on this game for weeks; deal with it, you'll keep paying me anyways.'
I think that one would shake a few of the smarter suckers loose, but not enough to make a dent. Or a point.

gurg123

Jun 28, 2018
Man I always try to come in positive on these threads. but the more I do research the worse and worse it looks. Heaven forbid people just have fun and make a good project and if they get tired hand it off to people who care. but I guess asking for people to care about their beat-ma-meat game is hard especially once stable cash starts to flow it seems...

Reactions: B2B2
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes