MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
What happen? why abandoned?
From the game uploading rules, with my underline for emphasis on the relevant rules:
  • Abandoned: used in the following cases:
    • The developer states that the development has been permanently suspended.
    • After 3 months of inactivity from the developer's public creator/crowdfunding accounts (Patreon, SS, etc), we will resolve special circumstances or scenarios on a case-by-case basis (no creator accounts, creators developing for free, Patreon accounts under review/ban).
    • No game update has been released for an abnormally long period of time (>18 months).
    • Game threads that are marked On-hold for over 6 months with no game update.
    • Note: this prefix is only removed upon the release of a new update for purchase/download.

Last edited:

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Also, 'I was in a bad state of mind, but not bad enough to pause subscriptions until I was ready to start working again. I'll update you with my new excuse next month, but it doesn't matter because you'll pay me anyways.'
Free money from benefactors...and they are happy too it seems... so why not? :LOL:

Oh boy maybe this time she will update within the next month!
wishful thinking of course but one can hope right?
If 5000€ isn't enough to keep the dev working... I don't think hope is what we need here for an update.
At this point there are more chances to see an update if the subscribers will stop being blind benefactors.
So you should hope for an "Innoxia stock market crash" :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: Recurracy

TheFreakyOne

Feb 14, 2023
Free money from benefactors...and they are happy too it seems... so why not? :LOL:

If 5000€ isn't enough to keep the dev working... I don't think hope is what we need here for an update.
At this point there are more chances to see an update if the subscribers will stop being blind benefactors.
So you should hope for an "Innoxia stock market crash" :devilish:
Tbh if someone gets that much money, I feel like they should complete the game quickly and start another one later on so people keep supporting since the person makes good games = more profit overall (We dont have alot of games where you can customize your character alot that's why I think we need more games like this, also the game has randomly generated npcs as well which makes it even better)

I might be wrong though maybe Inno is planning a huge update for 0.5 but I have no idea.
I'm not a game developer just a guy who jerks off to stuff.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xRoguex

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Tbh if someone gets that much money, I feel like they should complete the game quickly and start another one later on so people keep supporting since the person makes good games = more profit overall (We dont have alot of games where you can customize your character alot that's why I think we need more games like this, also the game has randomly generated npcs as well which makes it even better)

I might be wrong though maybe Inno is planning a huge update for 0.5 but I have no idea.
That should be the right mindset yes. But for whatever reason for Innoxia is not like that i suppose.

The poor expectation from me and a lot of people, here and everywhere else, is simply how always she postponed the updates and now without any form of comunication for almost 4 months.
If this dev had a lot more credibility the situation would be a lot different.

Reactions: TheFreakyOne

Lewd Asshole

Dec 18, 2022
You can either do essentially nothing and get paid or actually do work and get paid. Guess which is more interesting?
Also, if you do finish your game, you'll have to come up with something else to do and then convince people that that new thing is interesting enough to finance. Meanwhile, if you do literally nothing at all, the whales will still pay you, you don't have to do any work and since the game will never be finished, it will keep generating money forever as long as there are idiots in this world, which is gonna be true even after the heat death of the universe.
Anytime you pay for something to be finished instead of paying for the finished thing itself you can expect some bullshit like that.

lel no

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
As a bit of both.. Inno is just embarrassing. Gives those of us with actual issues a bad rep. But I've never missed a deadline, self-imposed or otherwise.
The "huge update" for 0.5 will be a completely empty next town. The NPC's will have a single placeholder dialogue line, if they exist at all.
And then they'll take another year to add the inside of the town, call it 0.5.5, with a few "mods pulled into core game" updates along the way, as they're so fond of doing.
Then, finally, two years after 0.5, 0.5.9 with the town completed will drop and we can finally move on to the next story beat.

At this point, the only way for Inno to get any faith back out of me is to switch the SubscribeStar to "per release" instead of "per month", assuming SS has that option (ik that Patreon does).

Last edited:

qwsaq

Feb 2, 2020
I feel like they should complete the game quickly and start another one later on
I've said this before, but I wouldn't be opposed to an endless update model that tons of mainstream games are doing these days. I agree that the story should have been completed long ago. But what Inno has here is a solid foundation for virtually limitless new content aside from it.
More cities, more side quests, etc. Inno could easily milk this game for the next decade even if she was working at a normal pace.

TheFreakyOne

Feb 14, 2023
You can either do essentially nothing and get paid or actually do work and get paid. Guess which is more interesting?
Also, if you do finish your game, you'll have to come up with something else to do and then convince people that that new thing is interesting enough to finance. Meanwhile, if you do literally nothing at all, the whales will still pay you, you don't have to do any work and since the game will never be finished, it will keep generating money forever as long as there are idiots in this world, which is gonna be true even after the heat death of the universe.
Anytime you pay for something to be finished instead of paying for the finished thing itself you can expect some bullshit like that.

lel no
You're right it's easier to do nothing and get paid.
20240126_185346.jpg

TheFreakyOne

Feb 14, 2023
I've said this before, but I wouldn't be opposed to an endless update model that tons of mainstream games are doing these days. I agree that the story should have been completed long ago. But what Inno has here is a solid foundation for virtually limitless new content aside from it.
More cities, more side quests, etc. Inno could easily milk this game for the next decade even if she was working at a normal pace.
There isnt much to do in the game rn so I agree with this, along with some balance changes to the jobs you can start with.(Some of them really feel pointless to use while some are just extremely powerful)

If Inno decides to update that is.

RunningFurniture

Mar 4, 2019
i see that everyone is posting memes on inno, Im curious what everyone would do if inno really left, like how the coder for Pytfall poofed and never came back. What would you guys do if Lilith's throne was truly abandoned. Im not being snarky or anything like that, im too tired for snark and legit wanna ask what would everyone do

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
i see that everyone is posting memes on inno, Im curious what everyone would do if inno really left, like how the coder for Pytfall poofed and never came back. What would you guys do if Lilith's throne was truly abandoned. Im not being snarky or anything like that, im too tired for snark and legit wanna ask what would everyone do
If I had to guess? Rejoice that a better dev who hopefully isn't such a grifter can actually take up the mantle without needing to worry about Inno's existence.

RunningFurniture

Mar 4, 2019
now im curious, why has no one done so already? whats keeping them from doing so? has inno tried to silence anyone that made any games similar to this?

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
I can't talk for the rest, but sincerely I'll move on to the next game.
I found this game a month ago, and I'm still having a blast despite being done with main campaing and missing some side quests (mostly due to preferences), as what enables has high potential for addition of more features and content. It'd be a pity if this game can't be finished, but by reading this forum I know it probably won't.
I'm already used to unfinished product and abandoned projects, so one more in bag will not hurt.

RunningFurniture

Mar 4, 2019
I understand, i seen so many games get canned during the 2010s that i feel sad looking back at the old sites that had them. While it maybe the case for this game some time soon, for now inno is back for better or worse

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
now im curious, why has no one done so already? whats keeping them from doing so? has inno tried to silence anyone that made any games similar to this?
From what I've heard, it's effectively a legal minefield. Not to mention how absolutely spaghetti-coded the game is, so it would have to be rebuilt from the ground up if any big changes were going to be made.
That also doesn't take into account Inno's whales and simps who believe she can do no wrong. With a fanbase like that it's not very hard to imagine them taking matters into their own hands.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes