ThorMcBalbo

May 12, 2017

I'm on 95%. we've completed everything about coding, rendering, animations. I have to finish "shaping up the story" and to implement the same. We are really close. I have some more good news too, but more about that, after the update is complete.

With 300+ cg's and 14 animations, yes it's v.7 for sure

after losing 40% of their income they started to push to finish, it seems

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
Theyll be lucky to have a grand left in the cookie jar if supporters keep bailing on them, but it sounds like this might be the biggest update theyve made so far. Its too bad they never said anything about it, until now.

Reactions: rKnight and Hajime

3Bliksems

Sep 20, 2016
From what they're saying this update will be as big as some complete games in terms of renders and animations, which could explain the time it took. That doesn't detract from the fact that they shot themselves in the foot with their silence.

If they had just communicated with their Patreons rather than staying quiet for so long I'm pretty sure their supporter numbers would have gone up rather than down if they built some hype during the development period.

At least this shows that they're not another Impure that quickly rendered a couple of stills over the weekend and slapped a new version on the game.

We'll have to see if their supporter numbers pick up again after the update because if they don't it could spell disaster for LotV once P&P decide the income no longer justifies the effort of developing the game.

Reactions: Hajime
Jan 25, 2017
From what they're saying this update will be as big as some complete games in terms of renders and animations, which could explain the time it took. That doesn't detract from the fact that they shot themselves in the foot with their silence.

If they had just communicated with their Patreons rather than staying quiet for so long I'm pretty sure their supporter numbers would have gone up rather than down if they built some hype during the development period.

At least this shows that they're not another Impure that quickly rendered a couple of stills over the weekend and slapped a new version on the game.

We'll have to see if their supporter numbers pick up again after the update because if they don't it could spell disaster for LotV once P&P decide the income no longer justifies the effort of developing the game.
I never once understood deadlines in general. I understand the fact that giving deadlines is another way to lead to more complaints and disappointments.

Of course, small talk would have been fine but that will also concur the wrath of the horny.

At least they have a big update coming up. If they were gone for this long and only came up with just a 'step forward' update, that would just imply they just took their own vacation without informing the patreons and gaining income on the side.

Of course, there is no evidence and I'd rather not make any accusations. The patreons have the right to though.

Keioshin

May 4, 2017

I'm on 95%. we've completed everything about coding, rendering, animations. I have to finish "shaping up the story" and to implement the same. We are really close. I have some more good news too, but more about that, after the update is complete.

With 300+ cg's and 14 animations, yes it's v.7 for sure

after losing 40% of their income they started to push to finish, it seems
They're only saying this to keep milking patrons for another month. They'll probably say at the end of July they wanted to add more to the game so it'll be another month of milking after that too.

Reactions: kymico and Hajime

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
Actually, if they do deliver a bigger update, I'm open to supporting them again.

Instead of building hype to the next update, keep silent and make people angry so that only your loyal fans keep pledging. After people are pissed, deliver a new version that's much bigger in terms of story, sex scenes and renders.

The problem with building the hype is that the hype might end up being not as good as people expected. Staying silent for months, makes only your loyal fans to keep supporting, since they usually are okay how things are doing and how the versions are made. Surprise them with a bigger update that makes all the wainting period worh of it.

If they do deliver a bigger and great new version, I'll seriously consider backing them up again and won't complain anymore about the waiting time.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Instead of building hype to the next update, keep silent and make people angry so that only your loyal fans keep pledging. After people are pissed, deliver a new version that's much bigger in terms of story, sex scenes and renders.
And what's the point of making people angry?

Jello_pudding

Aug 23, 2016
Actually, if they do deliver a bigger update, I'm open to supporting them again.

The problem with building the hype is that the hype might end up being not as good as people expected. Staying silent for months, makes only your loyal fans to keep supporting, since they usually are okay how things are doing and how the versions are made. Surprise them with a bigger update that makes all the wainting period worh of it.

If they do deliver a bigger and great new version, I'll seriously consider backing them up again and won't complain anymore about the waiting time.
Honestly that's a really bad way of going about your business, I don't understand you would think any of that, wouldn't you prefer they just be honest and open with you, wouldn't that garner more loyalty than going quiet, missing deadlines by a huge margin and generally not being respectful to the people collectively paying them a very sizable amount of money every month?

I mean its bad from the consumers perspective and considering their monthly pledge got chunked so hard it's also bad for them and I don't see how any of that would result in a better game.

Reactions: Ken and torkenstiem

3Bliksems

Sep 20, 2016
I never once understood deadlines in general. I understand the fact that giving deadlines is another way to lead to more complaints and disappointments.

Of course, small talk would have been fine but that will also concur the wrath of the horny.

At least they have a big update coming up. If they were gone for this long and only came up with just a 'step forward' update, that would just imply they just took their own vacation without informing the patreons and gaining income on the side.

Of course, there is no evidence and I'd rather not make any accusations. The patreons have the right to though.
Thing is I'm not saying they need to set deadlines etc., they just need to communicate more often. Simply telling their Patreons that they completed X and are now working on Y instead of remaining quiet for months would most likely have prevented the mass exodus of their supporters over the last couple of weeks. You'd be amazed how big a difference some communication makes over no communication.

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
Honestly that's a really bad way of going about your business, I don't understand you would think any of that, wouldn't you prefer they just be honest and open with you, wouldn't that garner more loyalty than going quiet, missing deadlines by a huge margin and generally not being respectful to the people collectively paying them a very sizable amount of money every month?

I mean its bad from the consumers perspective and considering their monthly pledge got chunked so hard it's also bad for them and I don't see how any of that would result in a better game.
That's what I want to see. If they somehow are able to deliver a bigger and better version than we usually see, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and pledge again.

I'm against the teasers and deadlines. I don't want to know what we'll probably see in the next update or a probable date of release. I prefer to be totally surprised than to be given a few pieces and hints of the next version.

Actually, that's what I meant by my post. I don't support their silence, I actually think they should stay in touch with their patrons, but not by talking about what they're actually doing or about a date. If they only write that kind of posts that was quoted on the previous page, I'll be satisfied. Just make it clear that they're active.

Satyrock

Nov 13, 2016
That's what I want to see. If they somehow are able to deliver a bigger and better version than we usually see, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and pledge again.

I'm against the teasers and deadlines. I don't want to know what we'll probably see in the next update or a probable date of release. I prefer to be totally surprised than to be given a few pieces and hints of the next version.

Actually, that's what I meant by my post. I don't support their silence, I actually think they should stay in touch with their patrons, but not by talking about what they're actually doing or about a date. If they only write that kind of posts that was quoted on the previous page, I'll be satisfied. Just make it clear that they're active.
Well, take in mind if you pledge again after this -still potential- update the probability of not getting new content until the end of the year or even until 2018 is very high, so your next "surprise" will cost good money. But, hey, if that's the way you like your game developed... go get it!

sithlordo66

May 4, 2017
Is there a walkthrough on any of these 33 pages? i tried to work backwards but after 3 pages of the discussion of patreon and whether or not developers milk supporters i gave up lol

Reactions: FallenLondon

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
Well, take in mind if you pledge again after this -still potential- update the probability of not getting new content until the end of the year or even until 2018 is very high, so your next "surprise" will cost good money. But, hey, if that's the way you like your game developed... go get it!
Oh, yeah, don't worry. It's my money, not that you or any other person should've any business with it. Specially considering there's only a $1 pledge and that I could change it anytime I feel like it. ;)

If I wanted to buy a full game, I'd go to a store, not monthly support someone. :)

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Is there a walkthrough on any of these 33 pages? i tried to work backwards but after 3 pages of the discussion of patreon and whether or not developers milk supporters i gave up lol
Go to the Search (the small one, not the blinking red line), type walkthough, check the Search this thread only box, and you'll find it.

Reactions: sithlordo66
Jan 25, 2017
Thing is I'm not saying they need to set deadlines etc., they just need to communicate more often. Simply telling their Patreons that they completed X and are now working on Y instead of remaining quiet for months would most likely have prevented the mass exodus of their supporters over the last couple of weeks. You'd be amazed how big a difference some communication makes over no communication.
I am aware of what a big difference it was. I used to be a patreon for Fleeting Iris during the time it was called Ayame's Adventures. I had the 3 months wait with 0 feedback happen that time.

Why was I still a patreon? At that time, I felt like it would come right then.. I hopelessly thought it would and I admit I was an imbecile to even think they would work it all out. The amount of excuses they gave us was just mind boggling.

Ron_Baker

Sep 1, 2016
Why was I still a patreon? At that time, I felt like it would come right then.. I hopelessly thought it would and I admit I was an imbecile to even think they would work it all out. The amount of excuses they gave us was just mind boggling.
A part of me fears that I'm setting myself up for this kind of disappointment by spending money on virtual spaceships. I've allowed myself to be duped too many times. Don't let hope cloud your judgement.

I really hope Star Citizen is good.

Krieg

Mar 25, 2017
A part of me fears that I'm setting myself up for this kind of disappointment by spending money on virtual spaceships. I've allowed myself to be duped too many times. Don't let hope cloud your judgement.

I really hope Star Citizen is good.
Well i have spent money on SC too but no one is forcing you to buy any more of those ships, why ruin the fun of getting those ships by stealing or earning them later when game finishes ( it will take some time for sure but with each ATV we see a lot of new content and progres)

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes