Mendez

Jun 19, 2017
I think the quality of LotV is still there BUT the release schedule has slowed to basically 6 months between release now...
And as you wrote it's likely because they are also working on the new game in parallel.
What they should do is to have a bigger dev team (or two teams): one for LotV and one for the new, so they can do both.
LotV was also the first game that really stuck with me and was worth while. The story and render quality was awesome already then! Still have faith that PandP will do the right thing!

as IRL, if you are trying to do too many things you don't get anything done.
Looking at their Patreon numbers, I don't think making a second team is even close to an option. Hell, it's barely enough for a one-man show working full time on the project. I agree that Lily is one of the better games with great renders, but P&P really missed their chance to expand after they first exploded. I think way back in the day they hit somewhere around $6000-$8000 per month on patreon, but the release schedule became abysmal and most of the backers jumped ship after 6 months of nothing being delivered and communication practically ceasing altogether. I doubt they'll ever get those numbers or momentum again, they, unfortunately, tarnished their name, but hey, maybe the new project is a sleeper hit, those numbers go back up and they don't drop the ball this time. I'll never fault a developer for branching out onto new projects so long as they intend on completing projects. I'm kind of 50/50 on whether Lily will ever see an end or just fade away, but I'll certainly take what I can get. If anything the humorous writing and the great renders always bring me back.

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
Looking at their Patreon numbers, I don't think making a second team is even close to an option. Hell, it's barely enough for a one-man show working full time on the project. I agree that Lily is one of the better games with great renders, but P&P really missed their chance to expand after they first exploded. I think way back in the day they hit somewhere around $6000-$8000 per month on patreon, but the release schedule became abysmal and most of the backers jumped ship after 6 months of nothing being delivered and communication practically ceasing altogether. I doubt they'll ever get those numbers or momentum again, they, unfortunately, tarnished their name, but hey, maybe the new project is a sleeper hit, those numbers go back up and they don't drop the ball this time. I'll never fault a developer for branching out onto new projects so long as they intend on completing projects. I'm kind of 50/50 on whether Lily will ever see an end or just fade away, but I'll certainly take what I can get. If anything the humorous writing and the great renders always bring me back.
its a bit of a case of: damned if you do damned if you don't.
like all start ups you need to invest up front so you gain size and can deliver what people want and the money will grow with it.
if you don't the invest up front then you never get the size so you can deliver what people want.
P and P peaked at $3300 but fell back for the reasons you wrote.
the problem for P and P today, is that they are an old start up who did not invest to grow big enough, so now what do they do...?
The only way out, that I see, is to invest in them selves (ask Patrons to chip in) and build a dev shop. They absolutely have top notch talent and the right grade A skills, and the experience to pull it off - what's missing is a scaled up dev team that can ramp up the release schedule. For instance NLT do 2 releases a month and P and P do 1 release every 6 month. NLT makes approx. $100,000/month and P and P makes $1200-$1300/month.

I know it's not fair comparison but there are similarities, e.g. look how small NLT they were when they started similar to P and P (they did have a comic business that seeded them but their first game was very simple - inferior to LotV), they use same RPG engine, rendering, etc. but made an investment in 2019 that payed off and today NLT can afford animators and writers, big team to crank out bi weekly releases with pro grade animations etc.

the point is that P and P can still invest in them selves and build a dev shop, copying NLT start up model.

Reactions: Zorkan

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
The game is good and still remains a good game. The only negative [P and P] is that [P and P] themselves do not understand or do not want to understand one fact their sponsors and fans are waiting for updates for Lily of the Valley ! [P and P] lost part of its audience at the moment when it became
№3) When it became less news about the Lily of the Valley update.
№2) Fewer updates for Lily of the Valley + delays in the release schedule for updates for Lily of the Valley.
And the most important mistake [P and P]
№1) They are busy with their new game !
sponsors and fans are not waiting for their new game, but for the continuation of Lily of the Valley.

Last edited:

Mendez

Jun 19, 2017
its a bit of a case of: damned if you do damned if you don't.
like all start ups you need to invest up front so you gain size and can deliver what people want and the money will grow with it.
if you don't the invest up front then you never get the size so you can deliver what people want.
P and P peaked at $3300 but fell back for the reasons you wrote.
the problem for P and P today, is that they are an old start up who did not invest to grow big enough, so now what do they do...?
The only way out, that I see, is to invest in them selves (ask Patrons to chip in) and build a dev shop. They absolutely have top notch talent and the right grade A skills, and the experience to pull it off - what's missing is a scaled up dev team that can ramp up the release schedule. For instance NLT do 2 releases a month and P and P do 1 release every 6 month. NLT makes approx. $100,000/month and P and P makes $1200-$1300/month.

I know it's not fair comparison but there are similarities, e.g. look how small NLT they were when they started similar to P and P (they did have a comic business that seeded them but their first game was very simple - inferior to LotV), they use same RPG engine, rendering, etc. but made an investment in 2019 that payed off and today NLT can afford animators and writers, big team to crank out bi weekly releases with pro grade animations etc.

the point is that P and P can still invest in them selves and build a dev shop, copying NLT start up model.
I was thinking about what you said with that example and I think the key to success for any developer with backers is just being consistent and talking to the followers. There are a lot of middle of the road developers that find success just because they operate like clockwork. Daniels K pops to mind. I think he only really had one good game and the rest have been meh, but damn he delivers the updates at damn near the same time every month and seems to work on a one-game per year schedule. His stories may not be great, but the renders are and his work ethic is not only unquestionable but well proven at this point. That sense of reliability really helps to put people at ease and get the donations rolling in. I think this has always been the bane of P&P, they just aren't consistent and leave their audience hanging for ages while people wonder if this thread should get the abandoned tag or not. I think they have the potential to pop off again, but I also think that they lack the will to do so.

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
I was thinking about what you said with that example and I think the key to success for any developer with backers is just being consistent and talking to the followers. There are a lot of middle of the road developers that find success just because they operate like clockwork. Daniels K pops to mind. I think he only really had one good game and the rest have been meh, but damn he delivers the updates at damn near the same time every month and seems to work on a one-game per year schedule. His stories may not be great, but the renders are and his work ethic is not only unquestionable but well proven at this point. That sense of reliability really helps to put people at ease and get the donations rolling in. I think this has always been the bane of P&P, they just aren't consistent and leave their audience hanging for ages while people wonder if this thread should get the abandoned tag or not. I think they have the potential to pop off again, but I also think that they lack the will to do so.
Don't [P and P] have the guts ? Are you serious ? The boldness of [P and P] with their new game may lead to the fact that many more of its sponsors may stop supporting [P and P]. Because [P and P] are busy with their new game, this makes everyone understand one fact: UPDATES ARE RELEASED LESS OFTEN, and this is a huge minus for both [P and P] and for all sponsors and fans.

And one more thing [P and P] said (We have added an additional person to our team who will be responsible for regular news about game) And where is the promised more news about Game a? That's right, the news hasn't changed. As there was little news and remained unchanged !
Oh, right, but [P and P] are sick of us making a new game. Thank you [P and P] haha: ( This is the right news and probably that's what the sponsors pay you [P and P] to hear that your NEW GAME is the # 1 reason in the back of updates for the game.
ANSWER: NO, that's not what the sponsors pay you [P and P] for. You just decided to do it yourself and spend the time and money of the sponsors !
Everyone is waiting for the Lily of the Valley update. And most importantly [P and P] stop mentioning your NEW GAME in the news intended for the update for Lily of the Valley. News about the update of Lily of the Valley and so little and rarely come out so you still [P and P] in one news block talk about YOUR NEW GAME!

lokoburgas

Mar 17, 2021
I visited their patreon, and saw that the sponsors are already leaving them, so it seems to me that if they do not take up their minds, they will have no one left at all

Zorkan

Oct 21, 2020
Don't [P and P] have the guts ? Are you serious ? The boldness of [P and P] with their new game may lead to the fact that many more of its sponsors may stop supporting [P and P]. Because [P and P] are busy with their new game, this makes everyone understand one fact: UPDATES ARE RELEASED LESS OFTEN, and this is a huge minus for both [P and P] and for all sponsors and fans.

And one more thing [P and P] said (We have added an additional person to our team who will be responsible for regular news about game) And where is the promised more news about Game a? That's right, the news hasn't changed. As there was little news and remained unchanged !
Oh, right, but [P and P] are sick of us making a new game. Thank you [P and P] haha: ( This is the right news and probably that's what the sponsors pay you [P and P] to hear that your NEW GAME is the # 1 reason in the back of updates for the game.
ANSWER: NO, that's not what the sponsors pay you [P and P] for. You just decided to do it yourself and spend the time and money of the sponsors !
Everyone is waiting for the Lily of the Valley update. And most importantly [P and P] stop mentioning your NEW GAME in the news intended for the update for Lily of the Valley. News about the update of Lily of the Valley and so little and rarely come out so you still [P and P] in one news block talk about YOUR NEW GAME!
Mathematics is a science that does not lie. If they take approximately $ 1,000 a month and give one update per month it's $ 6,000 it's a very expensive game, or maybe a robbery. Maybe I'm mistaken, but that's what it looks like to me

Mendez

Jun 19, 2017

You should really become a Patron for P&P and air your grievances to them directly because you keep missing the points that people are making here and then you go off on a passive-aggressive tangent as if you are talking to P&P directly about their poor business model. It's really weird. They aren't here. We get it, you're a rabid fanboy that is pissed about not getting his prime fap material in a timely manner. You won't make a difference here, but maybe you could on their discord. I'm sure they would love to hear from you and answer all of your questions and criticisms there. Be the champion that saves Lily. We all believe in you.

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
Honestly, the best way to reach them directly is on Patreon messaging! they do respond there to paying Patrons so...

ajtkd

Dec 13, 2019
Tomorrow we should already have some update regarding the update, if we close the calculations correctly every month on the 20th he (p and p) releases some text: /

Reactions: DIRTY Filthy RAT

larfleeze

Dec 3, 2017
You should really become a Patron for P&P and air your grievances to them directly because you keep missing the points that people are making here and then you go off on a passive-aggressive tangent as if you are talking to P&P directly about their poor business model. It's really weird. They aren't here. We get it, you're a rabid fanboy that is pissed about not getting his prime fap material in a timely manner. You won't make a difference here, but maybe you could on their discord. I'm sure they would love to hear from you and answer all of your questions and criticisms there. Be the champion that saves Lily. We all believe in you.
VIOLATION XDDD

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
And I wasn't angry, I just spoke out. :)

haha, yes, it's a good idea to become their sponsor again and not get any effect as a result. NO, I'M NOT GOING BACK TO BEING A SPONSOR.And I will no longer subscribe to patreon. :) What [P and P] does and how [P and P] treats the game and its sponsors is the PROBLEM of [P and P] themselves and the sponsors who now support [P and P]. If the current sponsors are satisfied with the fact that they pay for the game Lily of the Valley and instead of new game updates for the sponsors [P and P] vtyukhivaet sponsors another NEW GAME. (Parody: We [P and P] decided to create our OWN NEW GAME we know that you are sponsors of inno this and want to ho-ho-ho) And if the sponsors LIKE that they [P and P] vparivayu place of new updates for Lily of the Valley committed not the right NEW GAME and that [P and P] will take away the money and time of the SPONSORS. And if the SPONSORS in this case still do not want to express [P and P] their point of view for the money of the sponsors and the human time spent, then EVERYTHING is OK.

In my opinion, [P and P] is behaving badly towards everyone who supports him in any way. 1) The author in the latest news about updates for Lily of the Valley constantly mentions his NEW GAME ! 2) Where the promised news will become more. 3) No need to waste time and money of sponsors on a NEW GAME that is not needed. And then at this rate in the future for the whole year will be released only 1 update for Lily of the Valley. ((2016 2 updates released-2017 3 updates released-2018 3 updates released - 2019 4 updates released - 2020 only 2 updates released -- 2021 so far 1 update released)) The fact that you [P and P] decided to spend time on another project is not an excuse to reduce the number of updates. Sponsors pay every month for news about updates for Lily of the Valley and of course for the updates themselves for Lily of the Valley.

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
I don't understand the logic of giving an update of the game's development twice in two months and then disappear. I know it will take a loooong time before the 1.8v, but just having a sneak a peak was great for me, at least I can use my fantasy. Last picture with Lily wearing the fishnet with the biker was very hot and for a month was enough for dreaming.

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
1ABA7EF5-209A-49EF-AE7F-16CB5846C8C3.png

Unlocked

Hi there fellas, how have you been lately?
As you can see, works are underway, both at our place, and in the little village where "Nick's" guys are renovating the cabin. A deal's a deal, right?
With a speck of doubt, Lily decided to visit the village to make sure that the works they'd agreed upon have commenced. To her pleasant surprise, she finds that everything's going just the way she wished. Everything, except for one thing.
Thank you very much for your support. Our next post will be wallpaper related we are currently working on.
Thanks everybody.

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019
View attachment 1207960

Unlocked

As you can see, works are underway, both at our place, and in the little village where "Nick's" guys are renovating the cabin. A deal's a deal, right?
With a speck of doubt, Lily decided to visit the village to make sure that the works they'd agreed upon have commenced. To her pleasant surprise, she finds that everything's going just the way she wished. Everything, except for one thing.
Thank you very much for your support. Our next post will be wallpaper related we are currently working on.
Thanks everybody.
Thank you 4 sharing. :)

locopogo1

Mar 24, 2020
View attachment 1207960

Unlocked

Thanks everybody.
Looks like the new update is going to be incredible, i can't wait to see what P and P has in store for us!!!I hope there will be no Fred in this update, he already bothered me, and we will see scenes with other characters!

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
View attachment 1207960

Unlocked

Thanks everybody.
Thanks for sharing! I've always been a fan of the two rednecks (honestly the scene at the tavern was one of the hottest for me). So in the next update we might get some biker, mike and rednecks, awesome!

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes