TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
It's possible that you need to rename all file extensions back to .png after converting them to webp or RPGMaker won't be able to read the files (not sure about that).
I'm pretty sure that RPGMaker MV and MZ will both read WebP files. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that they can read the files natively, without using plugins.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PaleGrass

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm pretty sure that RPGMaker MV and MZ will both read WebP files. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that they can read the files natively, without using plugins.
Which plugins? :unsure:

Of course RPGMaker supports WebP files since the engine use node.js which use Chromium. But the problem is the Editor which doesn't support WebP and only PNG.

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
Bulk File Renamer is what you want. Great app that can rename whatever parameters you choose. Will even work with subfolders.
The internet is a real wonder sometimes x)!

Just tried a few in the editor here and none of the .webp extensions show but if I change the extension to .png the file at least appears in the editor but the image is blank:

pngwebp.png

The left is an old PNG and the right is a converted webp.

Tested in game and the image shows just fine. It's really odd but not a big deal I suppose as it's the last step of the updates anyway :)

The quality / size comparison of this is unbelievable though:

Patreon January 1.png

The above image is a 1.05mb PNG

View attachment Patreon January 1.webp

This image is 166kb..

I mean I have to look pretty close to even see any additional artifacts. Amazing stuff! I converted the entirety of the pictures folder and it landed at 606mb.. and that's for 3.5k images which was nearing 4gb before. So so awesome, thank you guys so much!

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I mean I have to look pretty close to even see any additional artifacts. Amazing stuff! I converted the entirety of the pictures folder and it landed at 606mb.. and that's for 3.5k images which was nearing 4gb before. So so awesome, thank you guys so much!
Do you have video files in your game? If you do, you should convert them to VP8 or VP9 using webm container.

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
Do you have video files in your game? If you do, you should convert them to VP8 or VP9 using webm container.
No bud, no videos yet but I'll bookmark this for future reference :)

Thanks again for all of your help, this is a weight off my mind x

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I did mate but I completely forgot about it, do you mean my cache needs cleaned or some means of cleaning the cache during gameplay for users? Sorry if this sounds ignorant, I'm just a layman when it comes to this sorta stuff :)
Cleaning the cache during gameplay for players.

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
Cleaning the cache during gameplay for players.
Did a quick scope of the RPGM forums and found a simple script call (ImageManager.clear()) which apparently cleans the image cache and someone mentioned that RPGM doesn't cache audio so perhaps something like this might be useful if it were placed in a frequently visited map like the Outskirt or Lisa's home?

Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Did a quick scope of the RPGM forums and found a simple script call (ImageManager.clear()) which apparently cleans the image cache and someone mentioned that RPGM doesn't cache audio so perhaps something like this might be useful if it were placed in a frequently visited map like the Outskirt or Lisa's home?
Maybe after every scene. :unsure:

But it need to be tested first.

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
Maybe after every scene. :unsure:

But it need to be tested first.
After each scene I can do ^_^ but I recently upgraded to 64gb RAM so I don't often get any performance issues lol! I don't suppose there's another hands free program for this too? x)

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Amazing stuff! I converted the entirety of the pictures folder and it landed at 606mb.. and that's for 3.5k images which was nearing 4gb before. So so awesome, thank you guys so much!
Nice!

Heads up, though. You'll likely get all kinds of questions as to why the d/l file is so much smaller than it once was and as few folks actually read previous posts, the questions will begin to sound like fingernails on a chalkboard. I would recommend posting something on the changelog explaining the difference. It will help reduce some of the queries.

Regardless, nice work!

• Red Heart
Reactions: PaleGrass

Shelby_Ruman

Dec 2, 2020
Any wishes for new year From LISA?
Would love to see though!

By the way the compressed image ,do you render to original and later compress/resize?

PaleGrass

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2021
Nice!

Heads up, though. You'll likely get all kinds of questions as to why the d/l file is so much smaller than it once was and as few folks actually read previous posts, the questions will begin to sound like fingernails on a chalkboard. I would recommend posting something on the changelog explaining the difference. It will help reduce some of the queries.

Regardless, nice work!
I forgot that changelog even existed ^_^ appreciate the heads up though and all of the help mate! I'll jot that down in my little release notepad for when I'm around to uploading again x)

Any wishes for new year From LISA?
Would love to see though!

By the way the compressed image ,do you render to original and later compress/resize?
I think she wants a bbc??

Yeah dude the first image of Aoife was rendered from Daz then photoshopped yesterday and the second image the one with the .webp extension was compressed just a short while ago :)

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Anytime my dude <3

Vicky Trip (Sharing route only)
2 Routes decided by whether Lisa stops Danny drinking at the campsite.
You can also reject Vicky's advances even if Danny's passed out.

Gunnar Trip (Sharing route off)
2 Routes decided by whether Lisa kisses Gunnar at the falls.
You can also turn down the MMF scene in the tent even after kissing Gunnar.

Both routes also have the option for 0 sexual content :)

Edit: There was supposed to be a third trip for the Faithful route but it's on hiatus for now x
tyty.

Also i was wondering about another thing. Basically my favorite scenes involve, like, clear minded willingness and importantly enthusiasm for the act.

With that in mind, do you have an idea of how much content there will be, going forward, that isn't tied to rape, blackmail or the drug addition stuff? I could definitely be wrong here, but i of get the vibe that sort of thing might be the focus and it could end up be slim pickings for people who aren't into that. In which case this one might not end up being one to follow for me personally.

Reactions: Zuhl

Shelby_Ruman

Dec 2, 2020
tyty.

Also i was wondering about another thing. Basically my favorite scenes involve, like, clear minded willingness and importantly enthusiasm for the act.

With that in mind, do you have an idea of how much content there will be, going forward, that isn't tied to rape, blackmail or the drug addition stuff? I could definitely be wrong here, but i of get the vibe that sort of thing might be the focus and it could end up be slim pickings for people who aren't into that. In which case this one might not end up being one to follow for me personally.
I hope there is more than one route...like sharing and cheating , cheating and not sharing...there is so many possibilities...on how will it turn out..

Like the mutual masturbation scene with Calvin was really good and Vicki and stuff though she was in MDMA she really enjoyed...there are lot of possibilities but how will palegrass will manage is just a question!!and i know he does the job but doing all and catering to everyone with just single handedly is really a work need to appreciated and supported!!i just hope he doesn't get worked up and burn out in the process...and hope he has a clear cut story line in mind with out any diversion!!

Let's give him some space and appreciation ...I hope it helps to encourage his process furthur

Reactions: Zuhl

KREEEEP

Dec 29, 2019
PaleGrass Is there gonna be an update in the future where aoife will be seen not dress up as a girl? I'm kinda curious, I wanna see his male look.

4.30 star(s) 113 Votes