cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I need some help. Everytime I close the game and then play again at a different date I always have to start over because my saves disappear. Can anyone tell me what I can do to ensure my saves stay saved? TIA.
Not playing an alpha release and wait for the final version of the update.

• Hey there
Reactions: Pogo123

Wilwock

Sep 26, 2021
Because RPGM is a better game engine.

Edit - This game doesn't really make use of most of the ways in which RPGM is the better engine, but that doesn't change the fact that, in most respects, it's superior to Ren'Py for creating games. Ren'Py does have a couple of advantages, but it comes up short, overall.
Can you name any of these superior qualities? I'm sure you couldn't make the pointless open world section in renpy, but for this type of game, it seems obvious that it's worse in every meaningful way.

You don't need that ridiculous scene replay system, where you have to physically walk around in a room, you have much greater control over the flow of dialogue being able to rewind it with your mouse wheel, this is especially useful since you don't need to bring up the log if you accidentally skip it. This alone is enough of a reason honestly, I don't know how people live without that feature. Being able to open the menu and save at any point is very good too, in this you can get stuck in huge scenes, unable to save and quit. I'm not sure if the dev is the one to blame of the engine, but the dialogue not simply appearing instantly is aggravating, as often when you click again to make it finish appearing, you can accidentally skip it. Overall it just seems very cumbersome and unsuited for what is primarily a visual novel. I don't think the walking around bits are worth it, and honestly the style clashes so badly I don't see the appeal.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Lisa has sex with Duncan, who is not old, but is middle aged. Also, in the rape scene at the bar, she can get fucked by an old man.
thanks btw for the answer. Not much interested in Duncan (except it would be Duncan MacLoad ;))
at which point is the bar scene?
I played till the three some with her boyfriend and crush (which was a high quality scene but so exhausting to play till that point and I am not a “high school drama love story” kind of guy but understand some guys like Lisa needs it. The built up till that point just could have been a bit… shorter I think)
I hope and look forward to optional old man content which is not rapy.
but again thanks for the update!

kizuru

Jul 11, 2020
Can you name any of these superior qualities? I'm sure you couldn't make the pointless open world section in renpy, but for this type of game, it seems obvious that it's worse in every meaningful way.

You don't need that ridiculous scene replay system, where you have to physically walk around in a room, you have much greater control over the flow of dialogue being able to rewind it with your mouse wheel, this is especially useful since you don't need to bring up the log if you accidentally skip it. This alone is enough of a reason honestly, I don't know how people live without that feature. Being able to open the menu and save at any point is very good too, in this you can get stuck in huge scenes, unable to save and quit. I'm not sure if the dev is the one to blame of the engine, but the dialogue not simply appearing instantly is aggravating, as often when you click again to make it finish appearing, you can accidentally skip it. Overall it just seems very cumbersome and unsuited for what is primarily a visual novel. I don't think the walking around bits are worth it, and honestly the style clashes so badly I don't see the appeal.
Aye man I just like to walk around.

Leave my rpgm alone ☹

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018

Of course I can name the ways in which RPGM is superior to Ren'Py. I wouldn't make the statement if I couldn't support it.

Incidentally, you named the only two ways in which Ren'Py is better than RPGM. The ability to roll back through scenes is an excellent feature which would be very difficult to add to RPGM. You actually could add it, but it would be clunky compared to the feature in Ren'Py. And the ability to access the menu and save or load at any time is also better with Ren'Py. You can access the menu and save or load at any time during gameplay in RPGM, but you can't do it during cutscenes, and I don't believe that there is any way to implement that, so it is a point in favor of Ren'Py. But overall, RPGM is vastly superior as a game engine. Here is a partial list (in no particular order) of the ways in which RPGM is better.

• What you call a "pointless open world section" is actually a major plus for a lot of people. I don't know your background, but I grew up as a gamer, whether table-top, PC, or console. For myself, and for a lot of other people, we want actual gameplay elements in our adult "games", and the ability to traverse maps is a huge aspect of actual gameplay. Sure, you can have an engaging gaming experience without map traversal, but a lot of games are just better and more fun if you get to walk around and explore and interact with map features and NPCs.
  • Speaking of gameplay elements, one of the biggest is combat systems. Now, combat isn't necessary to make a good game, and some games are better without. Combat isn't needed for Lisa, and would be very out of place if it was included. But a lot of games need combat systems, and, while it is technically possible to include combat systems in Ren'Py games, I have never yet encountered a single Ren'Py combat system which I considered to be good. There are probably a dozen or more good combat systems which are already available for RPGM games, and the engine offers you the capability to make your own combat system, if you think you can improve on what's already out there.
  • Another gameplay element is puzzle solving. You can do that in Ren'Py, too, and one of the most unique and interesting puzzle systems I ever saw in an adult game was in a Ren'Py game, but that was the exception to the rule. The available functionality for designing puzzles in Ren'Py doesn't even come close to what you can do in RPGM. Any puzzle you could make in Ren'Py, you could make in RPGM, but the reverse isn't true. There are a lot of puzzle systems you can easily make in RPGM which would be impossible, or extremely difficult, to implement in Ren'Py.
  • Eventing is far more powerful and versatile in RPGM than in Ren'Py. You can do so much more in so many areas of the game. And that's just with the default capabilities of RPGM. If you add plugins into the equation, RPGM becomes exponentially more powerful and versatile. Without plugins, just using the default systems, RPGM leaves Ren'Py in the dust when it comes to eventing. With plugins, you can't even see Ren'Py in the rearview mirror.
  • Want to make a first person shooter with a fully 3D environment? Ren'Py can't, but RPGM can. Want to make a side-scrolling platform game? Ren'Py can't, but RPGM can. If you're good enough with eventing, or if you can find (or create) the right plugins, RPGM can be used to create all sorts of different games which are simply impossible to make with Ren'Py.
That's probably not a complete list of the ways in which RPGM is superior to Ren'Py, but it's a good enough start. Ren'Py is better for kinetic novels and "choose your own adventure" style visual novels, but RPGM is better for literally every other type of game.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
thanks btw for the answer. Not much interested in Duncan (except it would be Duncan MacLoad ;))
at which point is the bar scene?
I played till the three some with her boyfriend and crush (which was a high quality scene but so exhausting to play till that point and I am not a “high school drama love story” kind of guy but understand some guys like Lisa needs it. The built up till that point just could have been a bit… shorter I think)
The rape scene at the bar is a hidden scene, meaning that you won't find it as part of completing any quest in the game. You can only find it by going to the right place, at the right time of day, while wearing the right outfit. If you want to find the scene, just search this thread for the words "bar" and "rape", and you'll find an explanation of how to trigger the scene.

Spoiler alert:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hope and look forward to optional old man content which is not rapy.
I would be in favor of additional optional old man content, both rapey and consensual.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
The rape scene at the bar is a hidden scene, meaning that you won't find it as part of completing any quest in the game. You can only find it by going to the right place, at the right time of day, while wearing the right outfit. If you want to find the scene, just search this thread for the words "bar" and "rape", and you'll find an explanation of how to trigger the scene.

Spoiler alert:

I would be in favor of additional optional old man content, both rapey and consensual.
thanks for the info/suggestion! i will look forward to the old guy scene - i searched after the tags you mentioned and found so many entries... it seems i know now how to trigger the scene (beside the outfit but i guess the sluttiest one) i just need a save file with +20 depravity npw :D cause i personally (beside the fact that Lisa looks really great and i like the humor and overall quality of sex scenes) don't want to trag myself through 2+ hours of gameplay primary seeing her hitting on her bf and some other beachboy... (yeah i rebooted my pc and lost all saves...) understandable? i don't know but would ge breat :)

edit: the scene is in episode 1, right?

edit2: i just realised there was a retirement home teased in the (in my opinion really great) intro of the game. i wonder if we will see lisa there someday in the (hopefully) near future?

Last edited:

redharvest1

Jun 7, 2019
Thanks Lemonfreak - but i must be doing something very wrong? i can't get the saves into the new release! the new release has a different start scene, different music and every save file is still empty ..... any help gratefully received.

Make sure you start a new game so that it creates a save folder, exit game, THEN copy and paste the saves into the folder.... they should then show up next time you launch the game.

Reactions: groober

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
i just need a save file with +20 depravity npw :D cause i personally (beside the fact that Lisa looks really great and i like the humor and overall quality of sex scenes) don't want to trag myself through 2+ hours of gameplay primary seeing her hitting on her bf and some other beachboy... (yeah i rebooted my pc and lost all saves...) understandable? i don't know but would ge breat :)

edit: the scene is in episode 1, right?

edit2: i just realised there was a retirement home teased in the (in my opinion really great) intro of the game. i wonder if we will see lisa there someday in the (hopefully) near future?
Yes, the bar rape scene was in the first release of the game.

Geko1711 has provided a bunch of save files in the post linked below.

Reactions: Pogo123

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Yes, the bar rape scene was in the first release of the game.

Geko1711 has provided a bunch of save files in the post linked below.
omg thank you! i just played renpy version which was a blessing. played till after the school journey in under one hour when i needed for this nearly two or over two with just rpgmaker version - but unfortunately it stopped at 15 depravity... couldn't reach 20 -.- :D so thank you

edit: played it. the scene was... interesting. the dialogue was really kinky and dark stuff - also some scenes. the switch of the old guy was surprising - but what despite the creativity of the hole built up and dark, depraved idea i have to say a few things:
1. the scenes of the old man were - sorry way too close (you literally couldn't see much most of the time which was pretty annoying and for such a scene totally wasted potential...
2. the scene itself could happen somewhere which is scary shit despite being hot in fantasy i feel quite angry and sorry for girls who maybe experienced some similar shit irl
3. GOD, i REALLY like the devs tit sucking kink - so good! just wish the old guy had similar scenes as duncan...(who has such a creepy face which makes up for not being "Just" middle age for me personally)

(that peter guy is a hilarious first he makes shit but then says other shit is worse and then just pisses the fuck out what a pussy. you could say hey, at least he had a bit of guilty conscience - but come on, if he would really have that he wouldn't have gone so far personally. its like: "yeah i didn't kill the guy, i just helped out and then after watching it i couldn't stay and leave the victim and the killer alone" what the fuck is wrong with you? its still helping out and committing a crime - if you would have stopped before things get crazy and the other guy aswell then you would show guilt guilty conscience.
but beside all that the roleplay talk of the old guy was strangly hot - in another scenario - and just in fantasy ofc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: ggspeed

brownboy99

Mar 20, 2022
Actually there is a sharing event, where Danny give the green light at Calvin to fuck Lisa with him in a threesome.
I have updated the game and now the plugin works, but the journal is empty, the savings are at the end of the first version (cheating path - sharing path - all main and side quests made, the savings are at the night)
does any one know how to progress in the bathouse because it is still showing in my journal and I cant go into any of the rooms

David Li

Sep 9, 2018
(This isn't the newest version. After the beta version is out, the update will come in a couple of days.)
Lisa - Episode 2 Chapter 2 v.0.5 Final
(Unofficial Ren'Py Version)

Windows/Linux and Mac [540 MB]:
GDrive Mega
Workupload

Android (ported by cebs):
Here

Hey mate when the V1.0 gonna be out ~~

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
Hey mate when the V1.0 gonna be out ~~
Is there some kind of save file that has all scenes unlock?
But is it so difficult to read back the posts? If you go back at most one page you will find out why there is no Ren'Py version yet and you can find the link to the saves. Come on guys, turn on your brains! Thank you!

pulAMeA

Oct 26, 2018
The quest says I have to go talk to Danny at the mod shop but when I go to the mod shop I am told I shouldn't enter in random garages. pls help

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
The quest says I have to go talk to Danny at the mod shop but when I go to the mod shop I am told I shouldn't enter in random garages. pls help
Depends on where you are with Moddy? Is Lisa already working there? If so this version starts with seeing Mrs. Short, new assignment (photoshoot) and then go on Hotel Brava, you will then get to Moddy's, if not it means you still have to see the previous scenes you have to see Aoife at the cafe first, start working at Moddy's, Dunkan's and then follow.

Last edited:

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
But is it so difficult to read back the posts? If you go back at most one page you will find out why there is no Ren'Py version yet and you can find the link to the saves. Come on guys, turn on your brains! Thank you!
I call it laziness, far too many people have it. There is also a search function which most people either don't know about or are again to lazy to use it. Why do work when you can make people repeat themselves for a 4th or 5th time.

4.30 star(s) 114 Votes