4.20 star(s) 46 Votes

TJ03

Jan 20, 2018
Easly one most promising starts of a game in awhile, large first release, sure always room for improvment but that comes with experence, can rly see this game going places so long as dev is able keep at it

Reactions: borealis

fssntuff

Sep 15, 2018
So, to clear up some misconceptions:
(1) You do not need a license to code, develop and deploy a application for Mac O/S, the limitation is without developer license, you can not sell it on Apple store.
(2) The core under the Aqua interface, *GUI*, is Darwin, which is a linux based system.
(3) A lot of people do not compile for Mac O/S beause they can't test to see if it works.
(4) With Renpy applications, not compiled for Mac O/S, you can use the Renpy development environment to run them. It is a easy process, no developmental experience required.

Cheers,
fssntuff

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
So, to clear up some misconceptions:
(1) You do not need a license to code, develop and deploy a application for Mac O/S, the limitation is without developer license, you can not sell it on Apple store.
(2) The core under the Aqua interface, *GUI*, is Darwin, which is a linux based system.
(3) A lot of people do not compile for Mac O/S beause they can't test to see if it works.
(4) With Renpy applications, not compiled for Mac O/S, you can use the Renpy development environment to run them. It is a easy process, no developmental experience required.

Cheers,
fssntuff
If it's so easy, YOU do it.

OvidiusLian

Jan 28, 2018
adventure of soccer player Jessie
Calling football soccer, what a nice way to ostracize the rest of the world!!!
Who was the genius that lets create a game that you grab the ball try to run with it, pass it by hand, and let's call it football. And the game that only the goalkeeper can use its hands in very strict rules, Soccer. The name of the game is football and its the greatest game in the world.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Who was the genius that lets create a game that you grab the ball try to run with it, pass it by hand, and let's call it football. And the game that only the goalkeeper can use its hands in very strict rules, Soccer. The name of the game is football and its the greatest game in the world.
Nah, both are shit and boring as fuck.
But i suppose a suitable entertainment for muscle-headed simps. :whistle::coffee:

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
:LOL: while I too call it football, we must face the reality that some places don't. I decided to use the local name for the beautiful game

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
:LOL: while I too call it football, we must face the reality that some places don't. I decided to use the local name for the beautiful game
Umm I'm in the States and I and lots of others call it football or 'footy'. The other version is 'American football'. But, it is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: EchoFoxtrot

fssntuff

Sep 15, 2018
If it's so easy, YOU do it.

I am going to, just downloaded the PC zip. Will make a project directory for the game, and enjoy. As for making a Mac O/S build, I do not have upload site for sharing. You can go to renpy.org, download the environment, and follow the quickstart guide like I did.

I have discovered that copying the .py and .sh files along with the game directory to the project directory, overwriting existing is best method. Also, I have noticed that when I have issues loading a save file in the runtime version of a Renpy, if I make a project, about 99% of the time, it loads fine.

My comments were an attempt to help, if you don't want it, no problem, but don't jump salty when a helping hand is offered and you refuse.

Cheers,
fssntuff

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I am going to, just downloaded the PC zip. Will make a project directory for the game, and enjoy. As for making a Mac O/S build, I do not have upload site for sharing. You can go to renpy.org, download the environment, and follow the quickstart guide like I did.

I have discovered that copying the .py and .sh files along with the game directory to the project directory, overwriting existing is best method. Also, I have noticed that when I have issues loading a save file in the runtime version of a Renpy, if I make a project, about 99% of the time, it loads fine.

My comments were an attempt to help, if you don't want it, no problem, but don't jump salty when a helping hand is offered and you refuse.

Cheers,
fssntuff
Help me to do what? I'm not on a Mac.

Cheka

Sep 11, 2020
quite a good start, only the save and close errors are annoying

per
interesting story (it has potential)
well done graphics
contra
the military specifications are not correct
very much violence
can't overwrite saves
can't close the game

ps: no one in Europe uses a Mac (except maybe for work) ;)

Last edited:

johnyp

Feb 16, 2018
lol ain't it nice how easy it is to trigger ppl? you can never know which word you need to use so ppl would be happy. anyway how come they had skirts on? never seen that haha. but then i only watch international matches where teams aren't so much bought as in leagues.

Reactions: YepperCause

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Dear Dev,

There is no chance whatsoever that a soldier would make it 12 years without being promoted beyond E-4. That is some absurd nonsense that you should have researched before attempting to write a story that spends as much time as this does on US Army rank.

At 12 years in, most soldiers would be E-6, and looking ahead to their next promotion to E-7. This is especially true in a combat MOS. While it's possible some soldiers might still be at E-5 after a dozen years, those would invariably be less-than-stellar individuals who are likely just trying to ride out the remaining 8 years before retirement. But a service member who is an E-4 after a dozen years would have to be so disastrous of a fuck-up that they'd be chaptered for failure to adapt long before then.

Write what you know, man. If you don't know, research. But don't write shit like this and expect those of us who know better to not be completely yanked out of the story.

Edit: I tried to give it a chance, but no. Between the soldiers referring to their vehicles as "cars," making references to the "cinema," and a PFC calling the MC "sir" at one point, I just can't. Dev, you need an editor. An American editor with experience in the military, preferably in the Army since that's what you're trying to portray here.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Dear Dev,

There is no chance whatsoever that a soldier would make it 12 years without being promoted beyond E-4. That is some absurd nonsense that you should have researched before attempting to write a story that spends as much time as this does on US Army rank.

At 12 years in, most soldiers would be E-6, and looking ahead to their next promotion to E-7. This is especially true in a combat MOS. While it's possible some soldiers might still be at E-5 after a dozen years, those would invariably be less-than-stellar individuals who are likely just trying to ride out the remaining 8 years before retirement. But a service member who is an E-4 after a dozen years would have to be so disastrous of a fuck-up that they'd be chaptered for failure to adapt long before then.

Write what you know, man. If you don't know, research. But don't write shit like this and expect those of us who know better to not be completely yanked out of the story.
I was just about to play this. Guess I'll give it a pass. Thanks, Storm.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Less than 1 percent of the US population is in active-duty, so about 1.4 million. I was wrong, and acknowledged it here.That becomes even smaller when you start splitting them up between army, navy, etc. and then even further when you question how many of them care about the accuracy in an AVN. You and John Doe may know what E-# is, 99% of the US aren't going to know or care about rank or title, or even understand the terminology of the aforementioned. Even less so for foreign non-military people who are playing.

So, while I agree with you in principle, what you're complaining about is something that will largely go over heads of 99% of the people playing this. It's a niche knowledge in an even more niche space, which makes it a non-issue to me. I mean, I like to consider myself knowledgeable in music theory, and I'm making a VN about music (and soon the writing of), but I'm not going to waste time writing about something a majority of people don't know or care to understand when that effort could be better placed somewhere else.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Less than 1 percent of the US population is in active-duty, so about 1.4 million. That becomes even smaller when you start splitting them up between army, navy, etc. and then even further when you question how many of them care about the accuracy in an AVN. You and John Doe may know what E-# is, 99% of the US aren't going to know or care about rank or title, or even understand the terminology of the aforementioned. Even less so for foreign non-military people who are playing.

So, while I agree with you in principle, what you're complaining about is something that will largely go over heads of 99% of the people playing this. It's a niche knowledge in an even more niche space, which makes it a non-issue to me. I mean, I like to consider myself knowledgeable in music theory, and I'm making a VN about music (and soon the writing of), but I'm not going to waste time writing about something a majority of people don't know or care to understand when that effort could be better placed somewhere else.
Wow. I totally disagree. While others complain about games needing realism, complaining about penis size or incestious relationships, needing other penises in the game to fuck girls because that's what real world is and no one gives a shit. But, the moment an actual military veteran calls out for realism in a game, he's called out over it. What kind of bullshit is that? Fucking stupid.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Less than 1 percent of the US population is in active-duty, so about 1.4 million.
Plus 1.1 million reservists, another half a million in the National Guard, and another 17.4 million veterans. (We don't just forget everything once we've been discharged, unfortunately.) Then there are family members of active duty and veterans who are familiar with how rank works, because you tend to learn that kind of thing when your spouse is in the military.

So your numbers there are way undershooting the amount of people who will notice discrepancies like this (and the others I mentioned in my edit).

Regardless, no one should write about something they are entirely unfamiliar with. Research is absolutely necessary for those of us who want to write about things with which we don't have firsthand experience. It's fine if you make minor changes to how something works in reality for the sake of the narrative, but there are limits to that once you've pushed far beyond the realm of what's believable. And at the very least, the characters involved should sound like the kind of people you're writing them to be. Jargon is important, and lends authenticity.

I'm not trying to shit on this developer's story. He might have a very good one here. But it's very hard to continue past the mistakes being made, both factual and grammatical. (The latter being another serious issue here. Dev clearly made no effort to ensure their grammar, spelling, and punctuation were at least consistent if not correct.)

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Plus 1.1 million reservists, another half a million in the National Guard, and another 17.4 million veterans. (We don't just forget everything once we've been discharged, unfortunately.) Then there are family members of active duty and veterans who are familiar with how rank works, because you tend to learn that kind of thing when your spouse is in the military.

So your numbers there are way undershooting the amount of people who will notice discrepancies like this (and the others I mentioned in my edit).

Regardless, no one should write about something they are entirely unfamiliar with. Research is absolutely necessary for those of us who want to write about things with which we don't have firsthand experience. It's fine if you make minor changes to how something works in reality for the sake of the narrative, but there are limits to that once you've pushed far beyond the realm of what's believable. And at the very least, the characters involved should sound like the kind of people you're writing them to be. Jargon is important, and lends authenticity.

I'm not trying to shit on this developer's story. He might have a very good one here. But it's very hard to continue past the mistakes being made, both factual and grammatical. (The latter being another serious issue here. Dev clearly made no effort to ensure their grammar, spelling, and punctuation were at least consistent if not correct.)
Ooo fuckin' Rah!

FloridaNed

Apr 21, 2018

Don't forget the gamers and mil-fi, sci-fi, and sometimes just plain-old-regular readers who will notice such a discrepancy solely due to their familiarity with the subject, without actual experience.

Plus the dude got a Medal of Honor. Like, fucking come-on! How is this dude still a Cpl.? I mean, he would have to have majorly fucked up, and then squeaked by with sympathetic command/political connections plus the prestige from a MoH.

4.20 star(s) 46 Votes