4.10 star(s) 49 Votes

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
Playing through the game for the first time ever. Lots of typos early on, misspelled/misused words.

So far the most egregious thing though is an entire conversation with Daria where her title is "Darek Wincenty".

1727783736917.png

EchoFoxtrot

Looking at script.rpy, you can see where the error lies.

Code:
LittleRegina-2.12-pc/game$ cat script.rpy | grep dw | head -n 2
define dw = Character(_("Daria"), color="#008B8B", who_outlines=[ (1, "#000000") ], what_outlines=[ (1, "#000000") ])
define dw = Character(_("Darek Wincenty"), color="#5f9ea0", who_outlines=[ (1, "#000000") ], what_outlines=[ (1, "#000000") ])
The variable for Daria on line 45 was overwritten with the variable for Darek on line 92 of script.rpy.

Last edited:
Reactions: EchoFoxtrot

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Loved the update. Our little freckled redhead just gets sexier and sexier. I really like the direction things took for Christa and Amira. This story rocks!

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Playing through the game for the first time ever. Lots of typos early on, misspelled/misused words.

So far the most egregious thing though is an entire conversation with Daria where her title is "Darek Wincenty".

View attachment 4088438

EchoFoxtrot

Looking at script.rpy, you can see where the error lies.

Code:
LittleRegina-2.12-pc/game$ cat script.rpy | grep dw | head -n 2
define dw = Character(_("Daria"), color="#008B8B", who_outlines=[ (1, "#000000") ], what_outlines=[ (1, "#000000") ])
define dw = Character(_("Darek Wincenty"), color="#5f9ea0", who_outlines=[ (1, "#000000") ], what_outlines=[ (1, "#000000") ])
The variable for Daria on line 45 was overwritten with the variable for Darek on line 92 of script.rpy.
Thanks yeah I'm aware of it and I'll make a hotfix for it.

I guess it's time to go back and spell check on the early updates. Once I release an update I move on and start on the next.

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
Enjoyed this update and looking forward to more Amira in the future. <3

Yeah, a little typo update after a release, or at least updating the master files so the next new release is corrected, is a good idea. I was gonna try a game I had just heard of but had more than a dozen releases already, but trying to get through the first chapter that was so riddled with errors was so annoying that I didn't bother continuing. Real bad impression for a long game to never have been spellchecked and edited.

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
Thanks yeah I'm aware of it and I'll make a hotfix for it.

I guess it's time to go back and spell check on the early updates. Once I release an update I move on and start on the next.
Yeah. Honestly it's a pretty big problem with episodic content. There is very little if any upside to going back and fixing earlier issues. Your paying patrons generally only care about new content, not about refining and fixing old content.

4.10 star(s) 49 Votes