3.70 star(s) 46 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Some issues with this update; 1st is saves not working, found out it's due to changes. Would appreciate if someone marked this on the OP so others are aware of it. 2nd is the autosaves does not correspond with the content for that save, as it skips ahead 1-3 choices from the choice shown or a good chunk of content almost as if at random, so new game recommended yet again.:rolleyes: Also a lot of end user bug fixes needed with UnRen and image fixing for the missing images etc. as from previous experiences with this, it's usually wrong image format being called for, or in some cases missing images entirely or wrong image number, for example IamDaNoobWithLeCodeAndQC23.jpg instead of IamDaNoobWithLeCodeAndQC13.jpg or IamDaNoobWithLeCodeAndQC23.png/webp etc. . Incase of this time w6_d1mhn00 is entirely nonexistent. Maybe it was meant to call for w6_d1mh00? IDK cause for me that does not make sense since it's a scene involvoing mr. and mrs. Johnson or perhaps we're not supposed to know who mr. Johnson is besides the name and relation to the Johnson household.
The missing images for the Mr. and Mrs. Johnson scene is a known problem for this release. It's now been reported several times in this thread on F95. As for loading saves, you are correct that they load at the wrong points. However, unless you want all saves from the past to perfectly match up, this may not be too much of an issue.

For instance, I was able to load a save with Sarah (Mrs. Johnson) during the scene where the MC helps her with measuring ingredients for baking. I had saved in v0.5.3 right before they kissed, but loading that save in v0.5.4 put me at the point where I had to choose the proper amounts of ingredients. I had to redo a little bit, yes, but I didn't have to redo very much to get back to the same point that the original save showed.

Reactions: GamleErik89

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
The missing images for the Mr. and Mrs. Johnson scene is a known problem for this release. It's now been reported several times in this thread on F95. As for loading saves, you are correct that they load at the wrong points. However, unless you want all saves from the past to perfectly match up, this may not be too much of an issue.

For instance, I was able to load a save with Sarah (Mrs. Johnson) during the scene where the MC helps her with measuring ingredients for baking. I had saved in v0.5.3 right before they kissed, but loading that save in v0.5.4 put me at the point where I had to choose the proper amounts of ingredients. I had to redo a little bit, yes, but I didn't have to redo very much to get back to the same point that the original save showed.
Ah ok:) And regarding the missing images, it was more of a comment on the (lack of) QC, which is a shame, as the game it self, and the story, is pretty good imo. Regarding the jump forwards in the save; I do not expect perfect loads, but it would be better if it rolled back a bit instead, as I belive that should be very doable. I was perhaps nitpicky, but what's done is done:p

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I'm just glad we got to put the fear of God into the teacher :LOL: also the whole Noah and Emma thing I accepted that invitation and it was good to see that Emma wasn't going to sit back and take that from Noah up until that point I thought he was an okay guy as well I guess not.

sdadag

Jan 29, 2018
Whenever i start a new game and play the game. I keep getting missed images. How to fix this?

EPrometheus

May 30, 2020
Developer, the saves from the past version (0.5.3) and earlier are not being loaded in the current version (0.5.4). This really sucks, I don't want to start all over again for the eighth time, was that supposed to happen?

Reactions: KarayHue

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Developer, the saves from the past version (0.5.3) and earlier are not being loaded in the current version (0.5.4). This really sucks, I don't want to start all over again for the eighth time, was that supposed to happen?
saves could be loaded just fine...there shouldn be significant changes for a while now.
the only problem could arise due to mixing older compressed and uncompressed versions, ie different renpy engines used to pack it (as the saves from the newer renpy arent usable in the older (re)packs).
if you have trouble loading older saves, try and repack your game with renpy 7.3.5 (the newest renpy used for this game(, and that should fix loading errors (if nothing else is messed up).

Reactions: EPrometheus

nfawns21

Feb 19, 2019
First of all the update was too short to even be considered an actual update. Secondly this whole favoring one Character path above others thing is getting really old. Especially since the character who keeps getting updates is the least interesting.

Reactions: Pinsel

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
normal saves not working so per standard but 1 autosave worked so not gonna throw game to trashcan yet since restart is out of question due that stupid bar cleaning scene where items needed to be cleared are very transparent.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
i have some image no found (image 'w5_d3m04') and after all View attachment 1029827
That is from one of previous versions...There are also a few missing image in the latest update as well (it could be skipped/ignored though).
Attached are those two images you have requested (compressed)...unrar it into games/images/ (use unren if needed to unpack rpa files)
Hope that helps.

3.70 star(s) 46 Votes